· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-12-2002, 09:34 PM   #1
Riprorin
Banned

Default Do you rake your leaves or do you let them blow into your neighbors yard?

In many parts of the country it's leaf raking time.

My neighbor has two huge maple trees and unfortunately, I'm down wind of them. To make matter worse, I have a cedar fence along the side of my yard that acts as a collecting point.

A few years ago after he just moved in I asked him to please be a good nighbor and kindly pick up hs leaves.

He basically told me to f*ck off.

Consequently, every fall I go into his yard and rake his leaves. If I don't, they blow into my yard through the fall into the winter. I'd rather rake them out of his yard now then out of my yard in January and February when it's sub-freezing.

How can people be such lazy turds?
Riprorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:36 PM   #2
rayma2

Default Do you rake your leaves or do you let them blow into your neighbors yard?

sorry to here man...
rayma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:36 PM   #3
BeeVo
Golden Member

That sucks your neighbor is so lazy. Anyways I had to rake leaves last saturday. I had 23 of those huge black leaf bags. It took me forever to rake and bag them.
BeeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:37 PM   #4
Brutuskend
Lifer

Where's the option for raking them into your neighbors yard?
Brutuskend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:38 PM   #5
Zenmervolt
Supermoderator
The Garage
Elite member

Buy a big ol' 5 horse gas-powered leaf blower and blow the damn things back into his yard.

ZV

TANSTAAFL
Zenmervolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:38 PM   #6
HappyPuppy
Lifer

Hire a gardener to rake his leaves in your yard and then sue him in small claims court for the cost of the gardener. I'm not kidding.
HappyPuppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:40 PM   #7
Ornery
Lifer

How do you dispose of them? Just blow them out to the curb? Do you have to bag them? Mulch pile? I know every trick in the book for dealing with leaves, but in your situation, you're pretty much screwed. Could you put a hedge or fence along the property line? That would at least keep the ones on the ground over there.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:40 PM   #8
Brutuskend
Lifer

OK fine..next time I'll read the post before I reply..........
Brutuskend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:41 PM   #9
WinkOsmosis
Banned

Leave them there... why do you hate leaves so much? Are you obsessive/compulsive?
WinkOsmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:48 PM   #10
Riprorin
Banned

I'm somewhat fortunate to have a small wooded area behind my house. I rake them into a trash bin and toss them back there.

If I had to bag them I'd have to quit my job and rake leaves full time.

I called the town and they won't do anything. Guess they can't verify where the leaves came from they can't do anyting. It's pretty obvious though since I don't have any trees in my yard, the neighbor has two, and I have three feet of leaves in my yard. I called the fire department and told them that the piles of leaves in the neighbors yard was a fire hazard but they didn't buy it.

Maybe I'll try taking taking picks and e-mailing to them to my town supervisor daily.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:49 PM   #11
MajesticMoose
Diamond Member

i am that nieghbor's yard so i rake/blow them into piles and throw them on the compost heap

Edit: Build a nice fence along that side of the yard --> problem solved. the expense is well worth the satisfaction of sitting inside and watching that asshat out there raking in the cold
MajesticMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:52 PM   #12
Riprorin
Banned

Quote:
Leave them there... why do you hate leaves so much? Are you obsessive/compulsive?
If I didn't pick up the leaves now, I pick them up in the spring and then receed the lawn.

There's way to many to let them slowly decompose. Plus, I have some self-respect and choose not to live in a dump.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:55 PM   #13
T2T III
Lifer

I like to blow the leaves out towards the end of my driveway so they can blow towards the neighbors - j/k

Actually, I use the leaf blower to collect them in a common area. Then, I rake them into a trash can so they can be dumped down in a ditch across from my house. My neighbors are all slackers. None of them rake their leaves and because of the wind patterns, most of the leaves end up in my driveway. Keep in mind, I live in a townhouse complex and have an end-unit, so I have quite a bit more yard area than my neighbors. It would take my neighbors 20 minutes - tops to completely rake their front yards, but noooooooooooooo, they insist on letting the wind take care of their leaves. Lazy fvcks!
T2T III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:57 PM   #14
Riprorin
Banned

Quote:
Edit: Build a nice fence along that side of the yard --> problem solved. the expense is well worth the satisfaction of sitting inside and watching that asshat out there raking in the cold
I thought about putting up a temporary snow fence but my side yards about 170' so it would be probably be expensive. I have a corned lot so if I did that the leaves would collect in the street and the town would be forced to do soemthing about it.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:57 PM   #15
Ornery
Lifer

Ya know, I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if you did blow them back in his yard. Ask the cops about that. Or buy that monster blower and blow them over in his yard when he's not home. Tell him the wind shifted or something!
Old 11-12-2002, 10:02 PM   #16
beer
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Buy a big ol' 5 horse gas-powered leaf blower and blow the damn things back into his yard.

ZV
Old 11-12-2002, 10:03 PM   #17
Zenmervolt
Supermoderator
The Garage
Elite member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ornery
Ya know, I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if you did blow them back in his yard. Ask the cops about that. Or buy that monster blower and blow them over in his yard when he's not home. Tell him the wind shifted or something!
I saw that page and thought to myself, "I wonder what kind of blowers Simplicity would make, let's take a look" and it turns out that Simplicity owns Giant Vac. Good company, very reliable products.

ZV

TANSTAAFL
Zenmervolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 10:07 PM   #18
Geekbabe
Moderator Emeritus
Elite Member

LOL, with my neighbors there isn't a leaf that's safe for miles,these guys even vacummed the trees this past weekend
Old 11-12-2002, 10:10 PM   #19
Hayabusa Rider
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Buy a big ol' 5 horse gas-powered leaf blower and blow the damn things back into his yard. ZV
A small variation. Dont put out the expense. I think you can rent them through Home Depot and such. Use it, return it, and put a copy of the bill in his mailbox
Hayabusa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 10:45 PM   #20
xuanman
Golden Member

sue him on the tort of trespass to chattels. actually on second thought, getting the industrial blower would probably be much more satisfying.
xuanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 10:56 PM   #21
WinkOsmosis
Banned

Blow them back.
WinkOsmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 11:04 PM   #22
ElFenix
Elite Member
Super Moderator
Off Topic

texas doesn't have leaves.

of course, we don't have to rake any

AnandTech Mean Moderator
ElFenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 11:05 PM   #23
pinoy
Golden Member

lawn mower with bag may help you do the job fast and easy. And if you don't feel like putting it in those leaf bags, just mulch them, fertilizer for your lawn. Some people just don't give a fv(k about their neighbor.
pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 11:09 PM   #24

yes i do.