· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 05-23-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
niniss

Angry The person backed into my car in a parking lot now refuses to file a claim

A woman backed into my car in a parking lot of Ben & Jerry and caused the damage of about $1k to my bumper. I tried to call the police but she and a security guard (of the store) said police won't come cus it's a private property. the woman asked me to settle outside since their deductable was $2k. She looked like a nice lady so i agreed. I got an estimate and gave to her as she suggested. She said her husband would call me about fixing my car, and that's when problem starts. When i finally get to talk to her husband on the phone, he was incrediblly mean and bullying so i changed mind and decided to go through his insurance. He told me their insurance won't do anything as long as he refuses to file for the claim. Anyway, I still called their insurance (state farm) and forwarded 3 estimates to their insurance. Later their insurance called me back and told me that they couldn't do anything because their client insisted to settle outside. they suggested me to either settle with him outside or sue them. (i only have liability coverage with my own insurance company so i think they wouldn't be able to fight for me in this case). So i bit the bullet and tried to work with him even though just thinking of his voice makes my stomach upside down (he wouldn't let his wife answer my calls). But when i finally met with him and let him see my car, he insisted that his wife didn't cause any damage to my car (basically lie between his teeth in in front of the dents). When i pointed the dents and asked him what those are he said there's no way his wife caused those because her car had no scratches (note: hers is suv, my is little corolla). He then accused me of having those dents before the accident. I was both shocked and sicken by his shamless behavior and lost for speech. How could a so-call respectful christian man can be this deceiving. At the end he insisted there's no damages and so he won't do anything and if i want. he even told me if i want i can have my insurance sue him. I can't forget the smurg on his face when he said that, like he was an untouchable king in this country. 20 yrs in this country i have to say that that was the lowest day of my life here cuz i saw with my own eyes the uglist white "respectable" american.

Last edited by niniss; 05-23-2010 at 03:36 AM.
niniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:31 AM   #2
TruePaige
Diamond Member

I read this and all I can say is..

1) Format your posts! Paragraphs, man.
TruePaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
PhoKingGuy
Diamond Member

This same thing happened to a friend of mine He called the PD, filed a hit and run, called his insurance and notified them of the charges being filed against the other person. His insurance sunk their teeth into the guy and his insurance and got everything paid for. No premium increase also.

Official member of the Frat Boy Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudAshes View Post
You act like the government knows more than anyone else. Our government is full of retards that know nothing.
PhoKingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:40 AM   #4
obamanation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoKingGuy View Post
This same thing happened to a friend of mine He called the PD, filed a hit and run, called his insurance and notified them of the charges being filed against the other person. His insurance sunk their teeth into the guy and his insurance and got everything paid for. No premium increase also.
I don't know if the guy's insurance can do that because he has liability only. So, this guy just needs to file a claim in small claims court and hopefully for him, someone like Judge Judy or the People's court, whatever picks it up, you get a commission and then you get to argue your case on TV. Even if you lose your case, you still get paid unless you manage to piss off the Judge. Even better for all involved, the insurance company on the other side may want to settle.
obamanation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #5
jlee
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obamanation View Post
I don't know if the guy's insurance can do that because he has liability only. So, this guy just needs to file a claim in small claims court and hopefully for him, someone like Judge Judy or the People's court, whatever picks it up, you get a commission and then you get to argue your case on TV. Even if you lose your case, you still get paid unless you manage to piss off the Judge. Even better for all involved, the insurance company on the other side may want to settle.
Judge Judy is not a real judge (so filing small claims is not going to get you on TV). IMHO he should call his insurance company anyway.

Certain states also require that an accident report be filed within a certain time period of an accident, even if the police do not respond (NH requires a report with the DMV for an accident involving property damage of $1000 or greater).
Old 05-23-2010, 05:49 AM   #6
sisq0kidd
Lifer

Take him to court and sue.
sisq0kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
boomerang
Lifer

I was with you despite the lack of paragraphs, poor syntax and bad spelling until you threw in the word "white". Screw you and your piece of shit Corolla.
Inside many liberals is a totalitarian screaming to get out. They donít like to have another point of view in the room that they donít quash and the way they try to quash it is by character assassination and name calling. - David Horowitz
boomerang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #8
TwinsenTacquito

Was gonna help until the racism.
TwinsenTacquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #9
herm0016
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsenTacquito View Post
ding ding...

should have called popo, this is your mistake. private property or not.
herm0016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
XZeroII
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsenTacquito View Post
yea, this guy is no better than the idiot who was lying.

Either get a written confession and agreement to pay, or call the police. If you don't they you might as well just have agreed to pay for it yourself.

Dilbert Sales Training: A good sale is like a good wedgie, your victim shouldn't see it coming.

"Of course I'm paranoid! Everyone is trying to kill me!"
XZeroII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #11
PlasmaBomb
Lifer

Lawyer up.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #12
MotF Bane
Banned

Racism fail. Figure it out yourself.
MotF Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
LennyZ
Golden Member

Damn white people!
LennyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #14
caspur

OP is lying.

There is no 2k PD deductible. For any auto policy. In fact, there is never a deductible for third party liability.

State Farm can not refuse a claim if they have accepted liability. It doesn't happen. In fact, the waiver process is far more complicated to their claims rep than simply cutting the check for 1k. The file never closes, and its a pain in the ass.

BTW, No Lawyer will take a PD only case.
caspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
HarryLui
Golden Member

Sue. You have no other choice, really.

Should have called the police, regardless what everybody says. Let the police tell you, not some people that hit your car or security guard.

Should have insisted on going though insurance, never settle outside.

Always be firm to people that hit your car. If they cared about their deductible, they should have never hit your car to start with.

You have to protect yourself, nobody is going to do that for you.

My Heatware

Last edited by HarryLui; 05-23-2010 at 12:02 PM.
HarryLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
vshah
Lifer

so you listened to them and didn't call the police?
XBL: the4ner85
vshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
Meghan54
Diamond Member

OP, you screwed yourself by not calling the police when the accident happened. If it's not documented, it pretty much didn't happen.

OP=fail.
Meghan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #18
hydroponik

I would never settle anything out of insurance since it always turns out to be your word against his. Should have called the police and contacted your insurance asap. Let them take care of it, this is why you're paying for insurance...
Old 05-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #19
fbrdphreak
Lifer

Old 05-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
JulesMaximus
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niniss View Post
A woman backed into my car in a parking lot of Ben & Jerry and caused the damage of about $1k to my bumper. I tried to call the police but she and a security guard (of the store) said police won't come cus it's a private property. the woman asked me to settle outside since their deductable was $2k. She looked like a nice lady so i agreed. I got an estimate and gave to her as she suggested. She said her husband would call me about fixing my car, and that's when problem starts. When i finally get to talk to her husband on the phone, he was incrediblly mean and bullying so i changed mind and decided to go through his insurance. He told me their insurance won't do anything as long as he refuses to file for the claim. Anyway, I still called their insurance (state farm) and forwarded 3 estimates to their insurance. Later their insurance called me back and told me that they couldn't do anything because their client insisted to settle outside. they suggested me to either settle with him outside or sue them. (i only have liability coverage with my own insurance company so i think they wouldn't be able to fight for me in this case). So i bit the bullet and tried to work with him even though just thinking of his voice makes my stomach upside down (he wouldn't let his wife answer my calls). But when i finally met with him and let him see my car, he insisted that his wife didn't cause any damage to my car (basically lie between his teeth in in front of the dents). When i pointed the dents and asked him what those are he said there's no way his wife caused those because her car had no scratches (note: hers is suv, my is little corolla). He then accused me of having those dents before the accident. I was both shocked and sicken by his shamless behavior and lost for speech. How could a so-call respectful christian man can be this deceiving. At the end he insisted there's no damages and so he won't do anything and if i want. he even told me if i want i can have my insurance sue him. I can't forget the smurg on his face when he said that, like he was an untouchable king in this country. 20 yrs in this country i have to say that that was the lowest day of my life here cuz i saw with my own eyes the uglist white "respectable" american.
We're all like that. Fuck you foreigners!!! Now get off mah lawn!!!
JulesMaximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #21
obamanation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee View Post
Judge Judy is not a real judge (so filing small claims is not going to get you on TV). IMHO he should call his insurance company anyway.

Certain states also require that an accident report be filed within a certain time period of an accident, even if the police do not respond (NH requires a report with the DMV for an accident involving property damage of $1000 or greater).
Of course not.. But neither are any of those other "court" shows on TV. Now let me ask you, do you know how they get onto TV? Probably don't.. Well in order to get on those shows, you file a normal claim in small claims court, they intercept this claim and contact you directly and ask if you would like to drop the claim and instead have it settled through arbitration with their show. If you accept, your small claim is dropped, you go onto the show and then it goes on from there. The shows aren't real court rooms, it's arbitration that you get paid to do.
obamanation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #22
jlee
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obamanation View Post
Of course not.. But neither are any of those other "court" shows on TV. Now let me ask you, do you know how they get onto TV? Probably don't.. Well in order to get on those shows, you file a normal claim in small claims court, they intercept this claim and contact you directly and ask if you would like to drop the claim and instead have it settled through arbitration with their show. If you accept, your small claim is dropped, you go onto the show and then it goes on from there. The shows aren't real court rooms, it's arbitration that you get paid to do.
http://www.judgejudy.com/submit_case.php

I suppose it's possible, but I doubt they bother going through small claims cases to find one they want to hear.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
Pulsar
Diamond Member

Thought that was an interesting message right up until the point where you brought both religion and racism into it.

Nice 1st post troll though.
Pulsar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #24
lothar
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niniss View Post
What a moron.
I'm not sure why people insist(or agree) on settling outside when they can have insurance company do the job for them.

If you get into an accident, get drivers info, call police, get contact info of bystanders, contact insurance company, then STOP and let them take care of the rest. Just choose which shop you want to take your car serviced after that.

Now because you didn't do that you have to go through the process of small claims, hiring laywers and attorneys that will take ~50-60% of whatever settlement you get.

Given your last sentence and your english in general, you must be an illegal immigrant. Most likely you probably didn't have insurance either and was driving without one which is why you chose/agreed to settle outside.
lothar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #25
PhoKingGuy
Diamond Member

Over here PD wont come unless its an injury accident.

Official member of the Frat Boy Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudAshes View Post
You act like the government knows more than anyone else. Our government is full of retards that know nothing.
PhoKingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote