Continued from the previous thread
Are your rebates coming?
Are there problems or delays getting them?
Post the latest information about various rebates, here. If you want your posts to be helpful, keep them factual. If you believe there is a problem with a specific rebate, do your homework and learn the facts before you post. DO NOT speculate about what may or may not be happening.
The most helpful posts include:
1. Verified contact information (mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, names etc.) for rebate sources. Active links always help.
2. Accurate details of the kinds of proof of purchase and other documentation required (UPC codes, receipts, etc.).
3. Significant updates and changes in any of the above info.
- To find info about a particular rebate, use [Ctrl + F]
to search for key words, member names, etc.
This thread is for sharing helpful informatation with your fellow members. Please DO NOT just brag about the rebate you got, or moan about the one that got away, without contributing to the discussion. We have a thread for that.
<<< Major thanks to Lanyap and everyone who has been contributing to the following information!!! >>>
MAJOR REBATE CENTERS:
Continental Promotions Group / CPG
- Phoenix, AZ & Scottsdale, AZ & Niagara Falls, NY (?)
(May not list all rebates)
(800) 554-9838 ext. 6100
(480) 606-4313 (fax resubmission to the Email Task Force Dept.)
- Walled Lake, MI
(248) 669-3090 (FAX)
Global Fulfillment Services / GFS
(No direct links to anything - just a webpage)
www.web-rebates.com/avery (Avery Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/belkin (Belkin Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/britannica/status (Britannica Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/compaq/status (Compaq Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/dlink/status (D-Link Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/jasc (Jasc Rebate Inquiry)
(800) 622-2793 (Jasc Customer Service, 8am-5pm CST Mon-Fri)
www.web-rebates.com/linksys (Linksys Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/radioshack/status (Radio Shack Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/sandisk (Sandisk Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/stompers (Stompers Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/toshiba (Toshiba Rebate Inquiry)
www.web-rebates.com/usrobotics (USRobotics Rebate Inquiry)
Parago / RebatesHQ
Miami, FL & Coppell, TX & McAllen, TX
(Rebate Center contact numbers by vendor)
(Email; For resubmissions scan your paperwork and send as .jpg attachments to Parago at this email address)
Rebate Service Center
312 West Republican Street
Seattle, WA 98119
TCArebates / WheresMyRebate.com
145 Huguenot St Suite 105
New Rochelle, NY 10801
New Rochelle, NY
TCA/Wheresmyrebate.com will allow searches on as little as:
- 1st character of the first name
- 1st 3 characters of the last name
- 1st 3 digits of the zip code.
Therefore to search for Robert Smith in zip code 90210, you can enter as little as:
(Email; They will review your email but not reply back)
(914) 633-8772 (Fax)
Tristar Fulfillment Services
204 Center Square Road
Bridgeport, NJ 08014
Young America, MN
(No online rebate lookup)
BestBuy Rebate Center / Watts NCH Promotional Services
- Calais, ME
(800) 369-5050 opt. 5 (Customer Relations - when all else fails to get a Best Buy rebate)
(888) 237-8289 option 3, option 3 again. (Bestbuy/Watts NCH Rebate)
(888) 363-5170 (Bestbuy/Crucial Memory Rebate)
- Richmond, VA
(Click Rebate tab at top of page for main rebate page)
CompUSA Headquarters Rebate Center
- Dallas, TX
(800) 278-4685 (Call this number when all else fails to get a COMPUSA advertised rebate)
- Walled Lake, MI (ExpressGroup)
For Office Depot rebates that take more than the promised time to arrive, call the Office Depot executive offices at (800) 937-3600 or (561) 438-4800 and ask for "Customer Relations". Explain the problem and they'll get you your rebate promptly. (This is only for rebates that are actually offered by Office Depot, not manufacturer's rebates for products that Office Depot sells.) This is especially useful for rebates that are handled by the Express Group for Office Depot.
(OfficeMax Rebate Directory)
(888) 618-8208 (OfficeMax Rebate Center)
(800) 283-7674 (OfficeMax.com)
800) 788-8080 (OfficeMax Main Office)
- Coppell, TX & McAllen, TX (Parago / RebatesHQ) & Miami, FL
(800) 338-0252 (Office of Staples President)
12647 Alcosta Blvd
San Ramon, CA 94583-9026
(925) 543 5252 (FAX)
(For rebate Inquirys directly to Belkin)
800) 503-2378 (8:00am-5:00pm EST)
Dell Community Board (Rebate Forum)
(By far the easiest way to deal with Dell rebates cmatthes1 has encountered is their forums)
Epson & Olympus
(408) 487-4500 (Fry's corporate #, ask for 'Leoni')
(866) 385-4435 (M-F 9am-8pm EST)
(856) 665-9505 (FAX, ATTN: Rebate Dept)
- White Bear Lake, MN
(IOMEGA "E-mail a Promotions Representative")
I/O Magic / HiVal / Digital Research
P.O. Box 25750
Santa Ana, Ca 92799
(800) 607-7466 (M-F, 8am-5pm PST)
(Lists Current Rebates Offers)
(For Inquires on Your Rebate Status)
Young America, MN
Clifton, NJ & Ridgely, MD
(List of current rebates only)
(800) 622-4445 (8:30am-5:30pm ET)
Northwestern Bell Phone
(866) 283-7080 (Plextor Customer Contact Center)
(888) 859-3988 (Plextor Rebate Center)
New Rochelle, NY
(800) 578-8883 (For Monitor Rebates Commencing 01/01/02)
(800) 635-8478 (Plasma/LCD TV)
(866) 762-9721 (Tuner)
Sony Ericsson Rebates
(Rebate online resolution site 1)
(Rebate online resolution site 2)
(800) 494-8825 (Interactive Voice Response line)
(Click on "I would like to check on the status of my rebate.")
(White Bear Lake, MN)
(Young America, MN)
T-Mobile / VoiceStream
Young America, MN
VARIOUS REBATE RELATED SITES:
Online Rebate Tracking Program
Great rebate form site - IBuyernet.com Rebate Center
Site with links to current and past rebates
Maxtor Current Rebates
Sears Current Rebates
RebateRebate! Rebate Tracking Program
WHERE TO COMPLAIN IF YOUR REBATE DOESN'T ARRIVE:
They'll help you write a gripe letter and forward it to the company. Plus, you can send copies to lawmakers.
National Association of Attorneys General
Find your state attorney general's contact info, and call in a complaint. AGs will take action if they see a pattern.
The Federal Trade Commission
File a complaint on line or call (877) FTC-HELP.
Share your horror story with other irate consumers. The site's caustic editorials will feed your rebate rage.
Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Online Complaint Form
FTC Taking the Bait Out of Rebates
FTC Main Site
Better Business Bureau Online Complaint System
REBATE RELATED ARTICLES
PCWorld.com: Rebate or Rip-Off?
PCWorld.com: Consumer Watch: Bait and Rebate
The (rebate) check is in the mail - or is it?
Rejected! Rebates Get Harder to Collect --- As Cash-Back Offers Multiply, So Do Obstacles to Consumers; Best Ways to Get Your Check
Wall Street Journal Article
< Thanx to nishantd for the article>
AVOIDING THE REBATE RUNAROUND
- Where to find details on current offers - researching Rebates:
The Site: www.RebatePlace.com
Comment: Site tracks current rebate deals on computers and electronics, including expiration dates and restrictions. Plus, you can print copies of rebate forms to read all the fine print.
The Site: www.mtv411.com/rebates-coupons/
Comment: An MTV community site with one useful feature: It offers contact info for major rebate fulfillment houses and links to online rebate centers for manufacturers and retailers.
<<< HELPFUL HINTS >>>
1) Read rebate requirements before you buy the product or as soon as you buy the product to be sure you meet the eligibility requirements and you know the mail-in dates.
2) If you are buying a product and the rebate is online, download and/or print the rebate immediately. Some online sites will remove rebates as soon as the sale/promotion is over.
3) ALWAYS make good copies of everything you send in for a rebate.
4) Complete all information requested on rebate form in a legible hand writing. You may want to use all caps.
5) Provide all documents requested on the rebate form.
6) Put your rebate documentation and copies in a safe place and follow up on the dates they are due.
7) Call about your rebate if you do not receive it when it is due.
~~~~ How Do I ~~~~ I continued here.