Just wanted to let everybody know, that the MODBIN6.exe BIOS utility works very well in ME. You can:
- make all hidden BIOS functions visible
- set all hidden BIOS functions active
- you can set all functions to "see only" or completely disable (helpful for stuff you don't need)
- put values options in
- change registers (not sure what they do)
- change and save the modified BIOS and flash so to have the modifcations in your actual BIOS.
The utility DOES NOT WORK in W2K. In W2K you can still see all the hidden BIOS functions whn you load your current BIOS, but you CANNOT save changes. Took me 4 hours to find this out.
Highly recommended for Gigabyte boards, because of the dual BIOS function, you can keep always the orginal BIOS as back-up, just in case something goes wrong.