· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #51
tedrodai

Man, I'm not really sure what I did different on Tues, but my calves are still sore. All I can think of is I may have pushed off more than usual from my toes while running.

Anywho, I've decided I'm not real impressed with this killroy template after all. I like the idea, but the schedule and volume of work is way out of whack (even after I scaled back several weeks in a row). That was my initial impression, but I had talked myself out of it. The problem is that so many of these exercises overlap areas of the body worked.

It's not all bad. I've noticed some things getting better, such as my strength and awareness in the handstand. Previously, it felt like more luck than anything else when attempting to balance freestanding, but now I'm able to be more in control when coming off the wall, holding the position and making minor corrections with my hands (around 6-7 seconds is my best so far). I've noticed other improvements as well, but that's the most quantifiable.

I bought the recently released foundation series from gymnasticsbodies as well, and I'll probably give it a shot next month.
tedrodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #52
tedrodai

So, I'm starting to think about what I'm going to be doing following this SSC (which I am finishing, btw, despite not liking the killroy template). Like I said last Friday, I plan to investigate the foundation series that Coach Sommer just released (specifically F1) from the beginning, but my primary concern there is whether I'll have all the necessary equipment, such as stall bars & other stuff. What I'd like to do is simply replace my current strength routine with the F1 routine with some minor additions such as to keep working handstand & wrist/elbow & hand strength.

Also, as stated last month, I plan to cut in March-April, so I don't expect (much) muscle gain. This works out fine, because F1 has a lot of exercises & mobility stuff I've either never worked or have never done with any amount of commitment. So I'll be doing a lot of "getting used to the movements".

Meanwhile, I'm going to buy some material and try to make some DIY stall bars & parallel bars. The wife gave me 1 condition before attempting to make the new equipment: get the back yard cleaned up so we can have a mini-playground for our daughter. I've got to clear out some bushes and branches of a stupid dead tree that keeps dropping pieces in my yard.

So there's my next 2 months, approximately: cut, learn new F1 routine, clean up the yard, make some equipment, and keep up with joint conditioning, HS, and hand strength. Out of curiosity, however, I will record maxes 1 more time for the exercises I've been working to see what, if any, improvements the killroy workout gave me.

P.S.: another tutorial reference False Grip Progressions Pt1. I want to add this to my wrist conditioning. ...My attempts at holding a false grip to date have failed miserably.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #53
tedrodai

I tried the 1st false grip progression from that gymnasticswod tutorial last night.

Forearms, meet Muscle Cramps...yep. Oh well, this'll be fun .
Old 02-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #54
tedrodai

I gave blood on Thursday, and any amount of real effort was threatening to make me lightheaded on Friday, so I didn't do much other than my wrist stuff and frog stand. And caught another sinus infection from the baby this weekend (poor gal's been sick 3 times this month back to back... almost the entire month). I'm gonna go ahead and deload next week.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #55
tedrodai

Well, I missed my March update completely. But then I barely worked out all month either =p. My daughter stayed sick all last month too, and me with her. At some point I just gave up trying to work out because I just felt so bad for so long.

Anyways, I'm back at it. I'm not going to update as often as I had been because I purchased a few of the new training series from gymnasticbodies, and they ask for customers to not blatantly give out their routine to people who haven't purchased them. I can respect that, so my specific exercises/sets are going in a more private log from now on. However, I still plan to post updates at least once a month. I'm doing progressions for these specific exercises:

1) Front lever
2) Straddle Planche
3) Side lever
4) Manna
5) Hollow back press
6) Rope climb
7) Single leg squat
8) Handstand

Unfortunately, some of the requirements for the early progressions have humbled me, both for the prescribed strength elements and mobility elements, so I almost feel like I'm starting from scratch. That's a mental thing, however, because I've most definitely made good progress over the past 11 months, and the progressions I'm working will only bring me forward...hopefully, with much less risk of injury than before, which is the important thing. (not that I've had many injuries--but I have had a few)