Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Hardware and Technology > SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
paulcheung

Default HP ENVY x2 questions

Hi guys,

I am looking at this HP Envy x2 convertable. I seems no reviews to be found. anyone here have any experience on this product? It have the Intel dual core Atom Z2760 processor with intel GMA video adapter.

I had a MSI u100 netbook before with Atom N270 processor. it died on me for no reason at all (I just shut it down last week and can't power back any more, no light at all). It had problem to play HD movies. How is this new Atom Z2760 with Intel GMA video? Can it play HD 1080p movies?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834256674
paulcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
Whiskey16
Golden Member

Yes. I have an Acer W510 and when using Potplayer for an AVC1 1080p video stream of around ~27000 kbps, the peak CPU usage gets to ~32%.

With the right software for DXVA support, you'll be fine for smooth video playback and excellent battery life on these latest Atom SOCs. These system running Windows 8 outclass the old netbooks of yesteryear.

Unfortunately too many people retain a bias experienced from the old netbooks and Atoms.. Time for them to get a refresher and up to speed.
Whiskey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
holden j caufield
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcheung View Post
Hi guys,

I am looking at this HP Envy x2 convertable. I seems no reviews to be found. anyone here have any experience on this product? It have the Intel dual core Atom Z2760 processor with intel GMA video adapter.

I had a MSI u100 netbook before with Atom N270 processor. it died on me for no reason at all (I just shut it down last week and can't power back any more, no light at all). It had problem to play HD movies. How is this new Atom Z2760 with Intel GMA video? Can it play HD 1080p movies?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834256674
same thing happened to my acer netbook, you can make a bios recovery with a flash usb and holding down some power button combo. Look into it and try.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
paulcheung

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden j caufield View Post
same thing happened to my acer netbook, you can make a bios recovery with a flash usb and holding down some power button combo. Look into it and try.
How? it don't have any sign of life at all. it has no power light on, no fan on, and no hard drive activity. just like I haven't any battery or power in place.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
IntelUser2000
Elite Member

Quote:
I assume there's no problems as long as the codec support is there for offline playback, and for Youtube, 1080p plays back no problem. On Youtube the 560 gram Atom Tablet gets nearly 10 hours of battery.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #6
holden j caufield
Diamond Member

Quote:
How? it don't have any sign of life at all. it has no power light on, no fan on, and no hard drive activity. just like I haven't any battery or power in place.

Thanks
backup bios, some computers have that in case a flash goes bad. For some reason my acer had it if you press some power button combo and Fn? key it would try to boot from flash bios. It's been many years and I don't remember exact details. Try an MSI forum.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
paulcheung

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelUser2000 View Post
I assume there's no problems as long as the codec support is there for offline playback, and for Youtube, 1080p plays back no problem. On Youtube the 560 gram Atom Tablet gets nearly 10 hours of battery.
I know the Intel HD3000 and HD4000 will play the videos I wanted to play. But the old Atom in the netbook and some of my older Core 2 dual core laptop with intergreted video chip can't play the HD videos.

I Need to know if the HP Envy X2 with these new Atom processor and the Intel GMA powerful enough to play these HD Videos, It is not youtube I am talking about. it is some files that I rip from my blueray disk when I travel I can watch them so I don't have to carry the originals.
Thanks.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Whiskey16
Golden Member

Quote:
I Need to know if the HP Envy X2 with these new Atom processor and the Intel GMA powerful enough to play these HD Videos
Your question was answered in the second post. The answer is yes.
Whiskey16 is offline   Reply With Quote