Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Hardware and Technology > Power Supplies

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Macgruber
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 295
Default Noisy Power supply -Need an alternative

so i've gone through 2 cases, a corsair h100, a contac 30, and after returning a 400 order for a thermtaltake level 10 gt lcs case

i realized 1.) the case is overpriced and LC system sucks, 2.) the noises i had with the h100 and other cases are coming from my power spply


have had it for about 6months, never had issues, but ti seems my quiet computer only emits noises that come from the PSU!!! whether its the fan on the psu spinning or what not, i really need to find a power supply that is just QUIET effecient and at least bronze rated

all help is appreciated

Last edited by esquared; 02-17-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: reinserted post
Macgruber is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
aaksheytalwar
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,134
Default

Not sure. But for low watta, try Antec NeoHE or something. But doesn't come beyond 600-650 watts or so. Higher ranges would basically mean seasonic or something,
__________________
3770k @ 4.3 with H100i, Asus Z77 Deluxe, Samsung 30nm 4x4gb ddr3 @ 1866 9-9-9-28 1T, MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G, Coolermaster Silent Pro Hybrid 1300 watts, Crucial M4 512gb, 3x Seagate 7200.14 3TB each
aaksheytalwar is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
lehtv
Diamond Member
 
lehtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,898
Default

Good info there aaksheytalwar!

... In all seriousness, it's normal for a PSU that's 80+ bronze or less efficient to be audible even when it's not doing anything. It doesn't mean it's trash.

I'd recommend a gold rated unit, they are typically very quiet. I just need to know what your graphics setup is.
__________________
System specs
lehtv is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
Macgruber
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtv View Post
Good info there aaksheytalwar!

... In all seriousness, it's normal for a PSU that's 80+ bronze or less efficient to be audible even when it's not doing anything. It doesn't mean it's trash.

I'd recommend a gold rated unit, they are typically very quiet. I just need to know what your graphics setup is.
using a evga geforce gtx 550 ti, or onboard card, still makes same sound

should i just buy one of these "ultra silent" bronze rated power supplies? it seems that im going to spend 120-140$ to get a 700watt+ thats "ultra silent"

i dont ever want to buy a corsair product again, and im getting scared of thermaltake

Last edited by esquared; 02-17-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Macgruber is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Necc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgruber View Post
using a evga geforce gtx 550 ti, or onboard card, still makes same sound

should i just buy one of these "ultra silent" bronze rated power supplies? it seems that im going to spend 120-140$ to get a 700watt+ thats "ultra silent"

i dont ever want to buy a corsair product again, and im getting scared of thermaltake
What's your problem with corsair products?
__________________
Playing is important, you can work anytime.

Intel Core i5-2500 | Asus P8H61-M LX Rev3.0 | Arctic Cooling Alpine 11 Pro Rev. 2 | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz
PowerColor HD 5850 1GB | Samsung 320GB HDD | Antec Earthwatts EA-430D | Benq G2420HD | Win8 x64
Necc is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
lehtv
Diamond Member
 
lehtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgruber View Post
using a evga geforce gtx 550 ti, or onboard card, still makes same sound

should i just buy one of these "ultra silent" bronze rated power supplies? it seems that im going to spend 120-140$ to get a 700watt+ thats "ultra silent"

i dont ever want to buy a corsair product again, and im getting scared of thermaltake
GTX 550 Ti? Your rig could run on a quality 400W unit. Get a 500-550W to support higher end GPUs. Seasonic G550 80+ Gold $90.

I don't see SLI happening with that card, any current mid-range or high end GPU will be a huge upgrade over it. You won't need SLI/CF unless playing demanding games at 2560 wide or bigger resolution.
__________________
System specs
lehtv is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
Macgruber
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtv View Post
GTX 550 Ti? Your rig could run on a quality 400W unit. Get a 500-550W to support higher end GPUs. Seasonic G550 80+ Gold $90.

I don't see SLI happening with that card, any current mid-range or high end GPU will be a huge upgrade over it. You won't need SLI/CF unless playing demanding games at 2560 wide or bigger resolution.
im looking to invest in a power supply. not throw money away for a lower PSU one.

my rig couldnt run on a 400w unit, my mobo and gpu alone require more than that. you dont even know how many hard drives i run

im sorry but i appreciate you posting its just hard for me to take people serious when they make assumptions and even i know they are wrong.

i have a evga gtx 550, do you think im going to downgrade the card or upgrade the card?
why would you think id downgrade my psu not knowing if im going to upgrade the pc?

thanks man but i appreciate all opinions regardless of how off they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necc View Post
What's your problem with corsair products?
all of them seem to be defective when i buy them.



-anyone know good 700w+ psu's that are silent?

Last edited by esquared; 02-17-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Macgruber is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
Torn Mind
Platinum Member
 
Torn Mind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,311
Default

Get a freaking Diablotek if stated wattage is all you care about. It's not likely your Thermaltake could actually deliver all 750 watts either, just like your 400 watt unit was probably a 20 dollar Logisys or Diablotek piece of crap with a crappy 12 volt rail. You GPU is a mid-range card that struggles to eclipse 300 watts of at the wall power consumption.


Hard drives use about 12 watts, tops. (12v*1A)
__________________
SR061| Asrock H77M | 2x2GB G.Skill 1333Mhz NS RAM | PowerSpec TX-606 Case| 500GB 7200RPM Seagate Drive| Antec Eartwatts EA-500 (2006) | Asus DVD Burner | parallell and COM port header | Old Dell Keyboard
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=93090
Torn Mind is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
Vectronic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 489
Default

My ridiculously over-powered PSU (750W 80+ Silver Semi-Modular) is awesome... but I got it at a good deal, same price as that Seasonic $89.99.

No noise at all, and I don't think the fan has ever come out of idle at 200RPM or whatever it spins at, if my hand is more than about an inch away I can't even feel the air-flow.
Vectronic is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
Macgruber
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Mind View Post
Get a freaking Diablotek if stated wattage is all you care about. It's not likely your Thermaltake could actually deliver all 750 watts either, just like your 400 watt unit was probably a 20 dollar Logisys or Diablotek piece of crap with a crappy 12 volt rail. You GPU is a mid-range card that struggles to eclipse 300 watts of at the wall power consumption.


Hard drives use about 12 watts, tops. (12v*1A)
i have to question your competence when you point out my mid range card not knowing if im about to spend 500$ on two more cards or go big with a new one.

i dont know why youre talking about a 400watt unit logisys 20$ or diablotek, if you used your common sense to read and reply to what i write, i wouldnt have to write such a rude response since youre wasting my time with not even $0.02 worth keeping

if youre not capable to point a good 700w+ rated power supply, go back to chan4, i dont need your unconstructive criticism.. everyone has an opinion im not aksing for your opinion im asking for a brand name and bronze rated +, thanks anyway Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectronic View Post
My ridiculously over-powered PSU (750W 80+ Silver Semi-Modular) is awesome... but I got it at a good deal, same price as that Seasonic $89.99.

No noise at all, and I don't think the fan has ever come out of idle at 200RPM or whatever it spins at, if my hand is more than about an inch away I can't even feel the air-flow.
im going to check out seasonic

Last edited by esquared; 02-17-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Macgruber is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
Torn Mind
Platinum Member
 
Torn Mind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgruber View Post
i have to question your competence when you point out my mid range card not knowing if im about to spend 500$ on two more cards or go big with a new one.

i dont know why youre talking about a 400watt unit logisys 20$ or diablotek, if you used your common sense to read and reply to what i write, i wouldnt have to write such a rude response since youre wasting my time with not even $0.02 worth keeping

if youre not capable to point a good 700w+ rated power supply, go back to chan4, i dont need your unconstructive criticism.. everyone has an opinion im not aksing for your opinion im asking for a brand name and bronze rated +, thanks anyway Kid



im going to check out seasonic
Oh, you expect me to be your little servant and keep track of all the threads you made? I'm not obligated to read every post like mods are. I don't go to the video cards section that often.
Your horrible grammar is a perfect fit for 4chan. Yes, and do spell terms correctly so you don't trick people into thinking you aren't fluent in your own language.

You wanna SLI two GTX 680s or something? Because the Corsair AX750 is perfectly fine for that.

You want just one GTX 680? The the Seasonic G-550 that you rejected is enough.

You google the power consumption benchmarks for yourself, since you don't like being educated by others.
__________________
SR061| Asrock H77M | 2x2GB G.Skill 1333Mhz NS RAM | PowerSpec TX-606 Case| 500GB 7200RPM Seagate Drive| Antec Eartwatts EA-500 (2006) | Asus DVD Burner | parallell and COM port header | Old Dell Keyboard
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=93090
Torn Mind is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
Macgruber
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Mind View Post
Oh, you expect me to be your little servant and keep track of all the threads you made? I'm not obligated to read every post like mods are. I don't go to the video cards section that often.
Your horrible grammar is a perfect fit for 4chan. Yes, and do spell terms correctly so you don't trick people into thinking you aren't fluent in your own language.

You wanna SLI two GTX 680s or something? Because the Corsair AX750 is perfectly fine for that.

You want just one GTX 680? The the Seasonic G-550 that you rejected is enough.

You google the power consumption benchmarks for yourself, since you don't like being educated by others.
No you got it all wrong, i just want you to keep your trashy non-college educated opinion being posted from your mommys internet out of my thread

just stop posting, youre a waste of my time, stop telling me to buy things you can afford, youre not even competent to read the threads in this post

keep making assumptions, keep being a troll, get out of my thread random, i didnt ask for you to reply this is a grown up thread, please be 18 years old before you post

Last edited by esquared; 02-17-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Macgruber is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #13
Torn Mind
Platinum Member
 
Torn Mind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,311
Default

If you want to run GTX 680s in SLI, the AX750 is indeed enough. So, do you want to admit that the AX750 is a good suggestion or not. I await to see if you will bother to care about the truth or falseness of the claim or will you continue with what you have been doing.


http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,4.html
Quote:
Measured power consumption one card

System in IDLE = 144W
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 307W
Difference (GPU load) = 163W
Add average IDLE wattage ~10W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 173 Watts

Measured power consumption two cards in SLI

System in IDLE = 155W
System Wattage with GPU in FULL Stress = 473W
Difference (GPU load) = 318W
Add average IDLE wattage ~20W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 338 Watts

Mind you that the system wattage is measured at the wall socket side and there are other variables like PSU power efficiency. So this is a calculated value, albeit a very good one.

GeForce GTX 680 SLI


From Anandtech:




http://www.kitguru.net/components/po...pply-review/4/

Quote:
We managed to get 892W out of the unit before it shut down. As with the other AX power supplies we experienced absolutely no issues with the overcircuit protection circuity.
__________________
SR061| Asrock H77M | 2x2GB G.Skill 1333Mhz NS RAM | PowerSpec TX-606 Case| 500GB 7200RPM Seagate Drive| Antec Eartwatts EA-500 (2006) | Asus DVD Burner | parallell and COM port header | Old Dell Keyboard
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=93090

Last edited by Torn Mind; 02-14-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Torn Mind is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #14
Sleepingforest
Platinum Member
 
Sleepingforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,353
Default

Listen, macgruber, it really helps people browsing this forum casually for you to clearly state your purpose and needs in the original post. Insulting people for offering criticism you view as invalid is not productive for anyone. An example of what would be accepted much better:

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm trying for an absolutely silent build. After living with this PC for a while, I noticed that the only thing that makes audible noise is the PSU. Can I have some suggestions on an absolutely silent PSU? It's important to note that while I currently only have the minimally powerful 550ti, I plan on upgrading to SLI'd 670s. I have quite a few hard drives too, so that might make an impact.
It's got all the necessary information right away, rather than taking a few posts to get to the point. It contains your future plans so people can't accidentally recommend based on what they know from this thread. It's got good spelling and grammatical conventions. These are the kinds of things that allow for quick, efficient responses. From there, you would get a variety of useful answers, such as:

Most concerned with price/performance:
Quote:
SLI usually isn't worth it unless you're running a multi-monitor setup, and even then, you'd get more value by going with 7970s. I'd recommend, for the best price to performance ratio, to go with a single 7970 or 670 along with a 500W power supply like this Corsair 500CX for $50 after rebate.
Educational, along with some extra helpful tipsl:
Quote:
You need to learn some PSU basics. Hard drives, SSDs, non-graphics PCI and PCIe cards, and fans take hardly any power; the big consumers of power are the GPU(s) and the CPU. I'll walk you through the wattage of each item in a computer one by one.
  • Here you can see that the maximum power consumption of an i7-2600K is only 95W.
  • Here's the math of a 670, based on the connectors: A 6-pin PEG slot can give up to 75W. The PCIe slot is also capable of 75W. A 670 has 2 PEG slots along with being connected via PCIe, thus it can use 225W at the very most.
  • Next, we'll take the wattage of a high performance fan at maximum load: the Corsair 120SP Performance Edition. The spec sheet tells us that it draws 12V maximum and 0.18A of current. Following the physics equations P=IV (power in watts equals current multiplied by voltage), we get that each fan draws about 2W each at most.
  • An extremely high speed hard drive, the WD Velociraptor, that is reading or writing, consumes 5W at the most according to the specs sheet.
  • Let's assume that you have 4 hard drives, four fans, two 670s, and the CPU, all running at full power. That's 4*5 + 4*2 + 95 + 225*2 = only 573W. Of that, 535W is drawn by the CPU and GPUs; only 6.63% of the load is due to hard drives and fans.


Basically, a single GPU (not including the two-in-one cards like the 690 or 7990) will only need a 500W PSU and two GPUs need around 650. Some basic things you can do to decrease sound is to switch to a case designed for it, such as the $100 Fractal R4 (you didn't like your case anyway, right?) and use some sound-dampening foam on any extra fan slots you didn't need.
Filling the request as exactly as possible:
Quote:
For your needs, it sounds like a Seasonic X650 is a good unit. It's extremely efficient, can take the load of two graphics cards, uses literally the best fans on the market, and has a fanless mode.
All of those little "post-ettes" should be helpful to you in deciding upon a course of action. Just keep in mind that rudeness is rarely helpful. After all, we're here taking time out of our day to help you; the least you could do is return the favor by being polite and directly telling us what you want rather than giving a general topic and becoming angry when we can't read your mind.

Last edited by Sleepingforest; 02-14-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Sleepingforest is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #15
sobe88
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 27
Default

I also agree with the Seasonic X650, also I would look at the Corsair 650 or 750 TX/HX. Majority of Corsair are Seasonic OEM/CWT, so you can't go wrong. JonnyGuru is your friend for PSU reviews
sobe88 is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #16
bononos
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgruber View Post
im looking to invest in a power supply. not throw money away for a lower PSU one.

my rig couldnt run on a 400w unit, my mobo and gpu alone require more than that. you dont even know how many hard drives i run

im sorry but i appreciate you posting its just hard for me to take people serious when they make assumptions and even i know they are wrong.

i have a evga gtx 550, do you think im going to downgrade the card or upgrade the card?
why would you think id downgrade my psu not knowing if im going to upgrade the pc?

thanks man but i appreciate all opinions regardless of how off they are
.......
lehtv is one of the more reputable members around here and he's right. Your system mildly overclocked will only consume about 300W (or a little over) peak while gaming intensely.

You've made some other ignorant/out of the loop comments in your other threads elsewhere asking for help, so take some time to read AT reviews...
bononos is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #17
VirtualLarry
Lifer
 
VirtualLarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 25,247
Default

Ban MacGruber, bring back TweakBoy. At least he wasn't mean-spirited.

Seriously, though, MacBoober, you claim to reject any replies that aren't "college educated", and yet you belittle some of the more "hardware educated" posts and people on this forum.

As far as I'm concerned, you're an intolerant, attention-seeking n00b.
__________________
Rig(s) not listed, because I change computers, like some people change their socks.
ATX is for poor people. And 'gamers.' - phucheneh
haswell is bulldozer... - aigomorla
"DON'T BUY INTEL, they will send secret signals down the internet, which
will considerably slow down your computer". - SOFTengCOMPelec
VirtualLarry is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #18
VirtualLarry
Lifer
 
VirtualLarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 25,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgruber View Post
No you got it all wrong, i just want you to keep your trashy non-college educated opinion being posted from your mommys internet out of my thread

just stop posting, youre a waste of my time, stop telling me to buy things you can afford, youre not even competent to read the threads in this post

keep making assumptions, keep being a troll, get out of my thread random, i didnt ask for you to reply this is a grown up thread, please be 18 years old before you post
quoted for posterity.
__________________
Rig(s) not listed, because I change computers, like some people change their socks.
ATX is for poor people. And 'gamers.' - phucheneh
haswell is bulldozer... - aigomorla
"DON'T BUY INTEL, they will send secret signals down the internet, which
will considerably slow down your computer". - SOFTengCOMPelec
VirtualLarry is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #19
Sleepingforest
Platinum Member
 
Sleepingforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,353
Default

It's a good thing you quoted for posterity; it's seems that all Macgruber does now is like "turdles."
Sleepingforest is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
Charlie98
Diamond Member
 
Charlie98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 3,774
Default

I think he needs a Turdle MX5000W super pro modular w/nuclear power option for his PSU, it's obviously the only one that will take on his power user system.
__________________
DESK: i5 2500K, Giga Z68MA-D2H-B3, 212+ P/P, M5Pro 256GB, 2TB Seagate, 2x 4GB Samsung RAM, EVGA 760SC ACX, Corsair TX750v2, Fractal Define Mini, W7
HTPC: Pentium G620, Giga B75M-D3H, Agility3 64GB, 2 x 3TB HDD, 2x 2GB Nanya RAM, Diamond HD6450, Corsair CX430v2, Fractal Define Mini, W7, WMC/MB
DESK3: Pentium G3220, Giga H81M-H, 840Pro 256GB, Team 2x 4GB RAM, EVGA 560Ti 448, Corsair CX430M, Fractal Arc Mini, W8.1
Charlie98 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #21
Torn Mind
Platinum Member
 
Torn Mind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,311
Default

I actually have a college degree. If you want to know, I took AP Calculus in high school. Derivatives and integrals for life!!!! Now, who wants a brief lecture on the difference between the inflation rate and the exchange rate.

Oh, and Mr. Grubber needs to learn a few things about the ad hominem fallacy and a little about myself. When I spec out parts, I spec them out as if I were getting it myself, and I do not spec out poor products.

Third thing this loser needs to learn is that even if I can afford something does not mean I'm actually going to buy. Perhaps he can email George Soros to go buy some power supplies and then listen Mr. Soros' (lack of) advice.
__________________
SR061| Asrock H77M | 2x2GB G.Skill 1333Mhz NS RAM | PowerSpec TX-606 Case| 500GB 7200RPM Seagate Drive| Antec Eartwatts EA-500 (2006) | Asus DVD Burner | parallell and COM port header | Old Dell Keyboard
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=93090
Torn Mind is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #22
Maximilian
Lifer
 
Maximilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 11,582
Default

Hmm lets see...

- Thread is titled "Power supply question", yet the OP dosent even contain a question.

- OP gets bitchy when people offer good advice.

- OP cites number of hard drives as a main power consumer... Anyone in a position to have so many drives that hard drive power consumption is a concern shouldn't need to ask about PSU's to begin with.

Conclusion? Troll detected, feeding of it should cease asap.
__________________
>2014
>sig line limit of 90 characters
Maximilian is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
Sleepingforest
Platinum Member
 
Sleepingforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie98 View Post
I think he needs a Turdle MX5000W super pro modular w/nuclear power option for his PSU, it's obviously the only one that will take on his power user system.
You forgot a key detail: he really needs the Turdle MX5000W SP Nuclear Silent+HDD Edition, not the plain Turdle MX5000W SP Nuclear Standard Edition. Otherwise, how will he power his dozens of HDDs silently?
Sleepingforest is offline  
Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #24
Charlie98
Diamond Member
 
Charlie98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 3,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingforest View Post
You forgot a key detail: he really needs the Turdle MX5000W SP Nuclear Silent+HDD Edition, not the plain Turdle MX5000W SP Nuclear Standard Edition. Otherwise, how will he power his dozens of HDDs silently?
He may have to go with the MX7500W Completely Totally Unlocked Dude Edition cause I think he runs his washer and dryer (220v) off it, too. He said he modded the washer's PCB with a Fatal1ty mainboard and 4096GB of RAM.
__________________
DESK: i5 2500K, Giga Z68MA-D2H-B3, 212+ P/P, M5Pro 256GB, 2TB Seagate, 2x 4GB Samsung RAM, EVGA 760SC ACX, Corsair TX750v2, Fractal Define Mini, W7
HTPC: Pentium G620, Giga B75M-D3H, Agility3 64GB, 2 x 3TB HDD, 2x 2GB Nanya RAM, Diamond HD6450, Corsair CX430v2, Fractal Define Mini, W7, WMC/MB
DESK3: Pentium G3220, Giga H81M-H, 840Pro 256GB, Team 2x 4GB RAM, EVGA 560Ti 448, Corsair CX430M, Fractal Arc Mini, W8.1
Charlie98 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.