· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #251
CZroe
Lifer

What I really hate seeing are Lae & Order/CSI investigators who confront people with accusatory assumptions and tip them off when they'd actually never even encounter the guy personally and the person had no knowledge or confirmation of their suspicion otherwise. It's even worse when their baseless accusation with no evidence prompts a confession (all too often).
Old 02-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #252
CZroe
Lifer

Damn DP
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #253
BlahBlahYouToo
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizinman View Post
Cars that explode from the simplist accident, or cars that magically grow a new hub cap or side view mirror after the prior scene you plainly see the hub cap or side view mirror flying off the car. Also virtually all scenes filmed from the front of the car has the rear view mirror missing. That is not realistic. Also, quite often during a chase scene, you will hear the sounds of a 5 speed manual transmission, but the car will have an automatic transmission. Yes, I'm a car nut.
how about when the car is a 5 speed, but they upshift about 10 times, and never downshift?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #254
basslover1
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJackson View Post
The single most annoying thing to me is the "clicking" noise made when someone holds up a gun. Scenes where someone is suddenly surrounded by multiple people pulling guns on them, and you hear a chorus of clicking sounds as they all point their guns at once...those scenes make me want to punch my TV.

Yes, guns make clicking sounds, but only when you engage the slide (a two hand process), or draw the hammer back. But no one is ever doing that when those sound effects are being used.

I've even seen movies where the shooter draws his gun, the clicking sound is made, then the shooter slowly lowers his gun during the scene only to suddenly point it at the same person again and have the clicking sound. GRRRRRR

I get that it's for effect, but damn, it drives me nuts.
I think my biggest movie pet peeve is whenever someone holding a gun to another person's head, racks the slide for effect "I fucking mean it now, bitch!" If the gun was to my head, I'd be like "Seriously, the gun was unloaded this whole fucking time?!"

I can understand cocking the hammer on a Sig or an H&K, but the whole racking the slide to be a badass is damn annoying.

HTPC: Intel Pentium G3220 | Gigabyte GA-H81M-H | 4GB G.Skill Value DDR3 1333 | 120GB Crucial M500 SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Ceton InfiniTV 4 | Corsair CXM 430W PSU
basslover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #255
Ichinisan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast0 View Post
okay so tonight i watched some old movies, jurassic park 2 and terminator 2, and holy shit, you were not kidding about james cameron.

i was paying attention to the ammo due to your post, and there are actual scenes based on people running out of ammo. first one was in the mall when the t1000 is shooting in the hallway and he runs out of ammo and as he's reloading it is when they get into the elevator. and after that, i noticed it A TON of times in the movie in general, all the way until the end when sarah runs out of shotgun rounds to knock him off the ledge.

but i will say, i also did notice how whenever they showed arnolds viewpoint, all the text scrolling made noise DINK DINK DINK as it scrolled lol, which is one of the reasons i made this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/Vad5g2z.jpg

asta la vista, baby!
Well, one thing that stands out in T2 is the part where T-1000 knocks-out the windshield of the rig he's driving. Just earlier, the windshield had fallen out as he drove the truck down there.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #256
SphinxnihpS
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svnla View Post
More:

When will a minority become the hero in a mainstream US horror movie? The token black girl/guy always died somewhere in the movie of the movie. Always the quiet, nerdy,shy white person (more than likely a female) ended up as the one who survived at the end.
1997?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortylickens View Post
Umm, thats not horror.
And he dies.
And he's not the hero, but you were not the troll, so I'll let it slide.
SphinxnihpS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #257
brigden
Diamond Member

I always find it amusing that characters on film have zero problem navigating hospitals they've never been to before.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #258
AstroManLuca
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslover1 View Post
I think my biggest movie pet peeve is whenever someone holding a gun to another person's head, racks the slide for effect "I fucking mean it now, bitch!" If the gun was to my head, I'd be like "Seriously, the gun was unloaded this whole fucking time?!"

I can understand cocking the hammer on a Sig or an H&K, but the whole racking the slide to be a badass is damn annoying.
They could still do it but they'd have to show a round being ejected for it to be accurate.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #259
IronWing
Lifer

Daryl Hannah has never once wandered naked through my neighborhood.
IronWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #260
Turbonium
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappoint View Post
1 bullet = instant kill
This.

No writhing in pain or screaming in shock. Nothing. Just instant death.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #261
waggy
No Lifer

oh!

one thing that always annoys me is in investigative cop shows that when they are talking with a suspect at the station they NEVER HAVE AN ATTORNEY PRESENT!

never ever ever.
waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #262
purbeast0
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggy View Post
oh!

one thing that always annoys me is in investigative cop shows that when they are talking with a suspect at the station they NEVER HAVE AN ATTORNEY PRESENT!

never ever ever.
along those lines, if you've ever seen a show like the first 48, you will realize how fake 99% of police interrogations are in movies. both the way the police and the suspect act are usually not realistic at all.

the majority of suspects on the first 48 are scared shitless in there, not acting all tough and hard.
purbeast0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #263
Gibsons
Lifer

Was watching "Arrow" recently - like the show somewhat, but this drove me crazy.

He's got an eavesdropping/bug arrow, basically an arrow with a mic and transmitter attached to it. So he can shoot it near where the bad guy is talking and listen in. So he shoots the arrow, and you see him hiding in the dark, and he pulls up his receiver and it's got a giant blinking LED on it that you could probably see from a hundred yards away. Cut to where the arrow is, and the freaking arrow has a giant blinking LED on it! soooooo stealthy! I'm surprised it wasn't going beep beep beep too.
When a tiger's around!
Gibsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #264
jengriffin

When they say that the movie is based on "true story". Chances are, it's not true at all.
jengriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #265
CZroe
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengriffin View Post
When they say that the movie is based on "true story". Chances are, it's not true at all.
Fargo doesn't "piss me off" at all.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #266
leeland
Diamond Member

Haven't gone through the whole thread...watching a movie recently...and thinking about this thread...

Was watching the most recent Die Hard movie and a a car is shot to shit...bullet holes galore and not a single scratch on the driver or passenger...

Even though there are bullet holes EVERYWHERE on the car magically none have crippled the engine...and none have blown out the tires...I find that such a stupid thing and it is repeated over and over in movies.
leeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #267
Pheran
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeland View Post
Was watching the most recent Die Hard movie and a a car is shot to shit...bullet holes galore and not a single scratch on the driver or passenger...
So this movie was about the LAPD?

Heatware: Pheran
Pheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #268
MonKENy
Golden Member

when someone gets shot in the gut and it kills them. Reservoir dogs being an exception.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz ♦ GPU: GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 ♦ RAM: WINTEC AMPX 8GB DDR3 1333 ♦ Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX ♦ HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb ♦ PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ♦ Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/
MonKENy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #269
SphinxnihpS
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheran View Post
Hey, that's not fair; they hit those women.
SphinxnihpS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #270
basslover1
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroManLuca View Post
They could still do it but they'd have to show a round being ejected for it to be accurate.
True, but that seems wasteful.

HTPC: Intel Pentium G3220 | Gigabyte GA-H81M-H | 4GB G.Skill Value DDR3 1333 | 120GB Crucial M500 SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Ceton InfiniTV 4 | Corsair CXM 430W PSU
basslover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #271
Ns1
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonKENy View Post
when someone gets shot in the gut and it kills them. Reservoir dogs being an exception.
I once saw a "faces of death" video where this dude gets a shotgun shell to the gut point blank.

He didn't make a noise and it sure as hell looked like he died.
Ns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #272
waggy
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheran View Post
hahah to soon man to soon!
waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #273
cubby1223
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappoint View Post
and the ubiquitous ZOOM ENHANCE!
This is the one that always pisses me off. "Enhance the video", turn a blur into a precision image!
cubby1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #274
self_storage

What drives me nuts is in fight scenes guys take like 20 direct hits to the face with elbows, knees, pipes, broom handles, and all sorts of stuff...and they just shake it off. Getting hit in the face hurts and fighting is exhausting. Some fight scenes go on so long both guys would have just passed out on their own from blood loss. Just one time I'd like to see Bruce Willis say OUCH that F***ing hurt and ask for a time out.
self_storage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #275
BladeVenom
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ns1 View Post
I once saw a "faces of death" video where this dude gets a shotgun shell to the gut point blank.

He didn't make a noise and it sure as hell looked like he died.
There's a big difference between a shotgun and a handgun.
BladeVenom is offline   Reply With Quote