· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Talking Conservative Dr.Ben Carson Speaks Out Against obama

Quote:
Move over President Obama. Conservatives are not talking so much about the president’s address at Thursday’s National Prayer Breakfast, but rather remarks from Dr. Benjamin Carson, a black pediatric neurosurgeon with Johns Hopkins Hospital who took over the stage for 25 riveting minutes.
Mr. Carson spoke of his disdain for political correctness, calling it a “dangerous” and “horrible thing” that has led to such ridiculous fears as wishing people Merry Christmas, according to The Blaze.
(SEE RELATE Obama’s prayer for ‘comity’ is short-lived)
He also talked about the moral decay of American, and cautioned of a Rome-like fate, and — in front of Mr. Obama, who sat just feet from the podium — confronted the issue of America’s debt and current fiscal policy.
“Our deficit is a big problem,” Mr. Carson said, according to The Blaze. “Think about it — and our national debt — $16 and a half trillion dollars.” And here’s one of his most daring lines, as reported by The Blaze: “What about our taxation system — so complex there is no one that can possibly comply with every jot and tittle. When I pick up my Bible, you know what I see? I see the fairest individual in the universe — God — and he’s given us a system. It’s called tithe.”
Enlarge Photo
First lady Michelle Obama applauds as President Barack Obama waves after he ... more >

Conservatives are applauding.
(SEE RELATE Prayer-punch combo: Obama calls for unity in morning, challenges opponents in afternoon)
As reported on Twitchy.com, David Limbaugh tweeted: “Finally, a self-reliant conservative decided to make this every bit as political as Obama does. Yes, we had a voice. Benjamin Carson.”
Other tweets, as reported by Twitchy: “Dr. Ben Carson throws out political correctness during speech in front of Obama, who’s not happy.” And this: “Sounds like Dr. Ben Carson of Johns Hopkins stole the show at the Nat’l Prayer Breakfast today. Hit on healthcare in front of Obama.” And this: “This is awesome. National Prayer Breakfast — Carson prayer speech.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...es-obama-pray/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA Link to video

A Conservative doctor named Benjamin Carson who works as a neurosurgeon at John Hopkins Hospital made a speech at the national Prayer Breakfast on Thursday. In the speech he spoke out against obama and his policies.

Dr Ben Carson slammed political correctness labeling it as dangerous and a horrible thing. Dr Carson also spoke about the $16 trillion debt and attacked the tax system which is so complex and burdensome. Dr.Carson suggested a flat/fair tax.

But one of the most critical parts of his speech was when he attacked obamacare and offered a real solution. Dr Carson suggests health savings accounts tax free so people could save up for when they need it. This as a part of a free market would be a much better system than what we have now.

There are even people suggesting that this guy should run for president and I believe he could do a decent job. He is also an independent and said he would belong to the party of logic

An interesting thing I noticed was obamas reaction who was looking very bored and arrogant, Apparently obama didnt applaud at the end of the speech. This is very pathetic, disagreeing with him doesn't mean you do this.

In the entire 27 minute speech he literally dismantled the ideas of obama and many people were happy with him. I highly suggest people watch the video.

Do you agree or disagree with what Dr.Carson said? Would he make a good president if he ran?
Was obama right or wrong with his response during the speech?
Incorruptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
CrackRabbit
Lifer

Conservative speaks out against Obama, color me surprised.

BTW, the Washington Times is a joke of a source.
Don't we have enough left handed reddit haired stepchildren around here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmSkyscraper
Tomorrowned!!11!1!1!
CrackRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackRabbit View Post
Conservative speaks out against Obama, color me surprised.

BTW, the Washington Times is a joke of a source.
This ^^^.

Quote:
Dr Carson suggests health savings accounts tax free so people could save up for when they need it. This as a part of a free market would be a much better system than what we have now.
How would people who can't save to begin with save for healthcare?

The Heat 106-0-0

Last edited by soundforbjt; 02-11-2013 at 06:02 PM.
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
alzan
Diamond Member

Considering the nature of the Prayer Breakfast, it's founder/backing organization and the annual invitees, it's really not surprising that they liked Carson's speech. Nor is it surprising that you made this thread.

As far as your questions:

I disagree with most of what Carson said. I do agree the debt is a problem and needs to be addressed but his opinion and my opinion of how exactly to solve the debt problem are meaningless since neither one of us are economists or members of Congress who as you know control the governments' purse strings.

I don't know, what are his qualifications; other than being a conservative and you liking him?

Not interested in watching the video. I'd say Pres. Obama gave an appropriate response to yet another speech by another conservative that he's heard ad nauseum for the last four years.
Forum member - "Your views are not shared by the folks who actually founded this free country, and that's precisely why we have freedom of religion...to be protected from people who hold your anti-freedom viewpoints."
alzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Zebo
Elite Member

I watched that whole speech and I dont see how he spoke out against Obama. Obama admits all those issues raised are problems I'm sure they differ on how to solve them is all. He even spoke about compromise to get there which Obama speaks to and party of no doesn't. Elect this guy and 47 more like him and something might get done.

Cheap is more expensive.
Zebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
Steeplerot
Lifer

Conservative movement is literally the Scientology of politics, who cares what nonsense cult babble about how pissed they are about the black man in the white house? They live in their own conspiracy world/echo chamber.

The op is a perfect example of the uselessness of conservatism except to spew think tank corporate narratives. Might as well argue over daytime soap opera dramas. Not clicking..srz

Last edited by Steeplerot; 02-11-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Steeplerot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
HomerJS
Diamond Member

The fact this guy used valuable time in front of President to go on a rant about political correctness strikes me as toolish.

As far as the rest of it big wup a conservative speaks out against Obama, breaking news.

I would be more interested in his scientific evidence as to when life begins, since he is a doctor. Scientific not religious.

I wonder why the author felt the doctor being black is relevant. Oh well I guess it just makes him feel good

Last edited by HomerJS; 02-11-2013 at 07:49 PM.
HomerJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
DaveSimmons
Elite Member

Quote:
And here’s one of his most daring lines, as reported by The Blaze: “What about our taxation system — so complex there is no one that can possibly comply with every jot and tittle. When I pick up my Bible, you know what I see? I see the fairest individual in the universe — God — and he’s given us a system. It’s called tithe.”
1. Congress makes tax laws, not the president

2. Many wealthy individuals and corporations pay far less than 10% of their income in taxes, thanks to all the loopholes and writeoffs that Rs and Ds have colluded to add to those tax laws. (Yes, the working poor. also pay less than 10%, many pay 0% just like the mega-corps.)
DaveSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
shira
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
Do you agree or disagree with what Dr.Carson said? Would he make a good president if he ran?
That you would even pose such a question, to be answered on the basis of a single speech - a speech, by the way, in which this man makes claims without providing a shred of substantiation - and exactly no other information on this man's qualifications, demonstrates how utterly out of touch with reality you are.
shira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
Phokus
Lifer

Quote:
that has led to such ridiculous fears as wishing people Merry Christmas, according to The Blaze.
Oh God, Incorruptible has found someone as retarded as he is.
Why racists vote Republican
ATPN has become such a shithole, conservatives even advocate for genocide.
Phokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
Fenixgoon
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
Oh God, Incorruptible has found someone as retarded as he is.
congratulations, you took one line completely out of context.

if you listen to that section of the speech, he argues that political correctness limits the ability of people to have meaningful discussions because you end up trying to tiptoe around an issue rather than stating the issue and working towards a solution.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzan View Post
Considering the nature of the Prayer Breakfast, it's founder/backing organization and the annual invitees, it's really not surprising that they liked Carson's speech. Nor is it surprising that you made this thread.

As far as your questions:

I disagree with most of what Carson said. I do agree the debt is a problem and needs to be addressed but his opinion and my opinion of how exactly to solve the debt problem are meaningless since neither one of us are economists or members of Congress who as you know control the governments' purse strings.

I don't know, what are his qualifications; other than being a conservative and you liking him?

Not interested in watching the video. I'd say Pres. Obama gave an appropriate response to yet another speech by another conservative that he's heard ad nauseum for the last four years.
His views arent meaningless, He is at least willing to talk about the debt and bring up serious discussion. The debt is the biggest national security threat to the US, it must be taken down.

The guy is a doctor and a neurosurgeon. obama gave an appropriate response? He completely disrespected him and ignore him because he was challenged on his ideas and he couldn't handle it. Try to show some respect for Dr.Carson.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #13
shira
Diamond Member

Quote:
His views arent meaningless, He is at least willing to talk about the debt and bring up serious discussion. The debt is the biggest national security threat to the US, it must be taken down.

The guy is a doctor and a neurosurgeon. obama gave an appropriate response? He completely disrespected him and ignore him because he was challenged on his ideas and he couldn't handle it. Try to show some respect for Dr.Carson.
And why would a physician know ANYTHING about the economics of health care? He treats patients; he's not an economist.
shira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #14
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebo View Post
I watched that whole speech and I dont see how he spoke out against Obama. Obama admits all those issues raised are problems I'm sure they differ on how to solve them is all. He even spoke about compromise to get there which Obama speaks to and party of no doesn't. Elect this guy and 47 more like him and something might get done.
This. He spoke out against problems that Obama has brought up.

Oh wait, it's a thread created by the forum troll.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #15
Fenixgoon
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shira View Post
And why would a physician know ANYTHING about the economics of health care? He treats patients; he's not an economist.
because he runs one of the highest ranking neurosurgery departments in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Caveman View Post
This. He spoke out against problems that Obama has brought up.

Oh wait, it's a thread created by the forum troll.
also this...except for maybe his jab against lawyers, but i think we can all agree on that one
Old 02-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #16
Jhhnn
Lifer

Quote:
The debt is the biggest national security threat to the US, it must be taken down.
Raving wingnuts are the biggest national security threat, and you qualify.

If the debt were such a big deal, why did RR/GHWB quadruple it? Why did Dubya double it again? If the debt were a big deal, why are interest rates paid by the govt so low as to qualify as parking fees for investors' money?

Debt & deficits only matter to the Right when they're out of power. When they're in power, nothing is more wonderful, particularly when it can be achieved with tax cuts for fat cats who don't need tax cuts & increased military spending to advance & protect the offshore interests of those same fat cats.

Righties are so delusional that they can't recognize smaller govt & bigger military as contradictory, what they believe in so strongly as complete non sequiters & oxymorons.
Jhhnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #17
CitizenKain
Diamond Member

Quote:

Why? You can't show any respect to the president, why should we give any respect to a whatever sockpuppet the rightwing manages to buy off?
CitizenKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #18
Angry Irishman
Golden Member

What I find interesting about these sorts of threads are the zealous folks that defend to the death a man or a party....both left and right. Centrists my ass.

Really sad and contributing to the slow demise of this country.
Angry Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #19
Zebo
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post

If the debt were such a big deal, why did RR/GHWB quadruple it? Why did Dubya double it again? If the debt were a big deal, why are interest rates paid by the govt so low as to qualify as parking fees for investors' money?

Debt & deficits only matter to the Right when they're out of power. When they're in power, nothing is more wonderful, particularly when it can be achieved with tax cuts for fat cats who don't need tax cuts & increased military spending to advance & protect the offshore interests of those same fat cats.

Righties are so delusional that they can't recognize smaller govt & bigger military as contradictory, what they believe in so strongly as complete non sequiters & oxymorons.
It should matter to all of us. Only a small fraction of people can even make a living off speculation and you're asking Anadtech to do it on hyperinflation? Even the economists dont know what will be straw the breaks camels back http://www.economist.com/blogs/freee...overnment-debt but economists agree there is one or why even tax? Just print and borrow and have a nice day in perpetuity like the terror war.

As far as why 2% 10 year bonds. Hard to make money when none has any to spend and everyone is delverging... it's hard to make money in todays modern economies which are shinking.

Cheap is more expensive.

Last edited by Zebo; 02-12-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Zebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #20
nextJin
Golden Member

Ron Paul was also a medical doctor who delivered over 4000 babies and he gets slammed here all the time. Yet you are going to pose ridiculous questions over one speech?

Granted I listened to the speech as was laughing at the slamming of the Presidents ideals but still.
"The world reacts by asking: if you cannot count on international law, then you must find other ways to ensure your security. Thus a growing number of countries seek to acquire weapons of mass destruction. This is logical: if you have the bomb, no one will touch you. We are left with talk of the need to strengthen nonproliferation, when in reality this is being eroded." - Vladimir Putin
nextJin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #21
Jhhnn
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebo View Post
It should matter to all of us. Only a small fraction of people can even make a living off speculation and you're asking Anadtech to do it on hyperinflation? Even the economists dont know what will be straw the breaks camels back http://www.economist.com/blogs/freee...overnment-debt but economists agree there is one or why even tax? Just print and borrow and have a nice day in perpetuity like the terror war.

As far as why 2% 10 year bonds. Hard to make money when none has any to spend and everyone is delverging... it's hard to make money in todays modern economies which are shinking.
What hyperinflation? Massive efforts by the FRB & our govt have barely prevented deflation. Perhaps you'd care to explain how having less money in circulation, how forcing layoffs with cutbacks in govt spending will reduce unemployment, which is really what's wrong with the economy, along with maldistribution of income?

Probably not.

The whole bit wrt Carson is an utterly transparent appeal to authority where none should exist, anyway. Surgeons are known to have massive egos, leading them to spout off about anything & everything, with various imbeciles believing them because they're Doctors!

Funny how that works. At least Paul Krugman doesn't pretend to know anything about brain surgery.
Jhhnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #22
Ausm
Lifer

Quote:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...es-obama-pray/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA Link to video

A Conservative doctor named Benjamin Carson who works as a neurosurgeon at John Hopkins Hospital made a speech at the national Prayer Breakfast on Thursday. In the speech he spoke out against obama and his policies.

Dr Ben Carson slammed political correctness labeling it as dangerous and a horrible thing. Dr Carson also spoke about the $16 trillion debt and attacked the tax system which is so complex and burdensome. Dr.Carson suggested a flat/fair tax.

But one of the most critical parts of his speech was when he attacked obamacare and offered a real solution. Dr Carson suggests health savings accounts tax free so people could save up for when they need it. This as a part of a free market would be a much better system than what we have now.

There are even people suggesting that this guy should run for president and I believe he could do a decent job. He is also an independent and said he would belong to the party of logic

An interesting thing I noticed was obamas reaction who was looking very bored and arrogant, Apparently obama didnt applaud at the end of the speech. This is very pathetic, disagreeing with him doesn't mean you do this.

In the entire 27 minute speech he literally dismantled the ideas of obama and many people were happy with him. I highly suggest people watch the video.

Was obama right or wrong with his response during the speech?

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #23
ccbadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shira View Post
That you would even pose such a question, to be answered on the basis of a single speech - a speech, by the way, in which this man makes claims without providing a shred of substantiation - and exactly no other information on this man's qualifications, demonstrates how utterly out of touch with reality you are.
Isn't this exactly how Obama got here? I think a little speech at the DNC in 2004?? You lib's still can't even admit that that @sshat doesn't know what he is doing after 4 years! Other than that, I agree with your statement. Now, if we do get to know the good doctor and he is for real, who know.
ccbadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #24
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post

Looks like I hit a nerve, Cant accept the truth about the debt?

This is not the circle jerk thread, there are plenty of other threads where you can go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKain View Post
Why? You can't show any respect to the president, why should we give any respect to a whatever sockpuppet the rightwing manages to buy off?
I will not show respect to a man who violated the Constitution, The "rightwing" didn't buy him off the guy is an independent and said he would belong to the party of logic. Your just angry that he attacked the precious obama and he spoke out the truth.

This guy is right, we have a major problem with the debt and it has to be taken down.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #25
Thebobo
Diamond Member

Dr Who??
Thebobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conservative, obama, owned