· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #201
Tommy2000GT
Golden Member

Support for Chris Dorner is growing by the minute.

While the support for the LAPD is shring by the minute.
Tommy2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #202
Jimzz
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy2000GT View Post
Support for Chris Dorner is growing by the minute.

While the support for the LAPD is shring by the minute.

Why do you think the LAPD is willing to spend a million dollars to get this done ASAP. That and they have already got a new truck for the ladies they shot up.
The LAPD is spending tax payers money fist over fist to get this to go away and its still a top news story.
Jimzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #203
lxskllr
Lifer

So, who here would sell him out for $1m?
lxskllr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #204
Tommy2000GT
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzz View Post
Why do you think the LAPD is willing to spend a million dollars to get this done ASAP. That and they have already got a new truck for the ladies they shot up.
The LAPD is spending tax payers money fist over fist to get this to go away and its still a top news story.
That's hilarious. I hope the Mexican ladies still sue
Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #205
zerocool84
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
So, who here would sell him out for $1m?
I would in a second. I don't know the guy and he killed two innocent people.
zerocool84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #206
Tommy2000GT
Golden Member

Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #207
Meractik
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool84 View Post
I would in a second. I don't know the guy and he killed two innocent people.

Agreed. He might of been dealt a bad hand with his past but that gives him ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to play god and think that its within his power to kill the family members of those that did him wrong.

On a second note, the ladies whose blue pickup got shot up they're both okay? Saw it in passing on the news the other day and they kind of made it sound like they where killed... or maybe I just assumed the worse. Either way does not make for good news with LAPD.. is their training really that bad? I mean jeez I was in the military and you're taught at the very very basics to not shoot unless you know indefinitely that their is an absolute risk for your safety...
Meractik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #208
Dari
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggy View Post
sure looks like it.

The thing that people should really be talking about is the "shoot first" mentality.

The LAPD has shot up 2 vehicles. just pure luck (or they suck at shooting) that they haven't killed anyone yet.
Have you read about the Rampart scandal? That is crazy fucked up. And of the 80 cops fingered, 3 went on trial, and none served time because the sentences were overturned. These guys are truly above the law.
Dari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #209
Jimzz
Diamond Member

A truck in LA...

Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #210
zerocool84
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meractik View Post
Agreed. He might of been dealt a bad hand with his past but that gives him ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to play god and think that its within his power to kill the family members of those that did him wrong.

On a second note, the ladies whose blue pickup got shot up they're both okay? Saw it in passing on the news the other day and they kind of made it sound like they where killed... or maybe I just assumed the worse. Either way does not make for good news with LAPD.. is their training really that bad? I mean jeez I was in the military and you're taught at the very very basics to not shoot unless you know indefinitely that their is an absolute risk for your safety...
All those people that were mistaken are fine, nothing super serious which is good.
zerocool84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #211
Peter Nixeus

Quote:
A truck in LA...

The Local News in Los Angeles were telling people to leave their trucks at home or drive carefully when near cops. The internet forums are saying Dorner destroyed his own truck to prevent cops from shooting at more trucks.
Peter Nixeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #212
Jimzz
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post
The Local News in Los Angeles were telling people to leave their trucks at home or drive carefully when near cops. The internet forums are saying Dorner destroyed his own truck to prevent cops from shooting at more trucks.

Yea he burned his Nissan Titan to the ground.

I would have switched tags with another nissan and then given my nissan to a hobo and told them to have fun.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #213
DrunkenSano
Platinum Member

Quote:
Either way does not make for good news with LAPD.. is their training really that bad? I mean jeez I was in the military and you're taught at the very very basics to not shoot unless you know indefinitely that their is an absolute risk for your safety...
I am pretty sure their training is just fine, they have orders to shoot to kill Dorner right now because if they capture him alive, all the corrupt crap in the LAPD will fully come into the open. If you shoot Dorner dead instead of arrest him, then they can sweep everything under the carpet.
DrunkenSano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #214
waggy
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dari View Post
Have you read about the Rampart scandal? That is crazy fucked up. And of the 80 cops fingered, 3 went on trial, and none served time because the sentences were overturned. These guys are truly above the law.
yeah i read about that the other day. fucking amazing.

though its not just LAPD. Chicago had some shit like that and they got off. Hell one officer beat the shit out of a bartender years ago. They tried to get the video of it but the bar wouldn't give it the only copy. then they tried to take the equipment and failed. Then they tried to threaten the bar owner and patrons inot lieing.

but nothing was done. eventually the footage was leaked to the media. Then the guy was fired and but not charged...not enough evidence they said! WTF there was a video and witness's.
waggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #215
Nintendesert
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

Wow. What kind of fucked up country we have now.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #216
OBLAMA2009
Diamond Member

Quote:
yes they want to assassinate him before the truth can come out
OBLAMA2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #217
Axon
Platinum Member

I believe what he's saying is true because his actions are so extreme. Obviously the LAPD will simply toe the line and say the record of his firing is clear, but he's making them look like fools right now.

i7 2600k @ 4.6/Gigabyte P67A-UD4/8 Gig G.Skill Ripjaws 1600/ASUS GTX 670 DCII TOP/OCZ Vertex 3 250 GB/WD Black 640 Gig HDD

No one wants to trade new stuff for old crap
Axon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #218
waggy
No Lifer

interesting. Fox legal guy just said the reason they are opening the case again is to draw him in. There was NOTHING to be gained by anyone by re-opening the case
waggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #219
SaurusX

Quote:
yeah i read about that the other day. fucking amazing.

though its not just LAPD. Chicago had some shit like that and they got off. Hell one officer beat the shit out of a bartender years ago. They tried to get the video of it but the bar wouldn't give it the only copy. then they tried to take the equipment and failed. Then they tried to threaten the bar owner and patrons inot lieing.

but nothing was done. eventually the footage was leaked to the media. Then the guy was fired and but not charged...not enough evidence they said! WTF there was a video and witness's.
Bartender Video
Old 02-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #220
Nintendesert
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post

News story says they tried to get misdemeanor charges filed but when the video came out then it went to felony. I'd really like to know the resolution on that case.

It's even more sad how none of the guys did anything and just watched this guy beat the shit out of the bartender.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #221
OBLAMA2009
Diamond Member

Quote:
interesting. Fox legal guy just said the reason they are opening the case again is to draw him in. There was NOTHING to be gained by anyone by re-opening the case
yes once he is murderered they will say something like "a reexamination of the case determined that chris dorner is crazy and narcissistic and he lied about seeing other cops kick a mentally disturbed person in the head, because lapd cops never do that"
OBLAMA2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #222
Axon
Platinum Member

It's about all they can do, it seems. This guy is just punking them left and right.

i7 2600k @ 4.6/Gigabyte P67A-UD4/8 Gig G.Skill Ripjaws 1600/ASUS GTX 670 DCII TOP/OCZ Vertex 3 250 GB/WD Black 640 Gig HDD

No one wants to trade new stuff for old crap
Axon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #223
Meractik
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSano View Post
I am pretty sure their training is just fine, they have orders to shoot to kill Dorner right now because if they capture him alive, all the corrupt crap in the LAPD will fully come into the open. If you shoot Dorner dead instead of arrest him, then they can sweep everything under the carpet.

You're kidding right? Training fine? fine to open fire on a truck b/c its a truck without anyone coming out and confirming 110% that it is Dorner? give me a break. that's some B.S.

They can and should shoot on sight if that are their orders but ONLY AFTER they confirm it is Dorner. Not just because they're jumpy and scared and see a truck and get all gitty. Their training should prohibit those types of things from happening, I mean jeeze they have tools at their disposal to check registrations and such on the trucks they're suspicious about to confirm if its linked to Dorner... plus at the very least prior to pulling the trigger they should have already recieved threatening fire from the suspect (which gives them due cause) or have visual confirmation that it is Dorner.

Last edited by Meractik; 02-11-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: more clarification of my viewpoint
Old 02-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #224
DrunkenSano
Platinum Member

Quote:
You're kidding right? Training fine? fine to open fire on a truck b/c its a truck without anyone coming out and confirming 110% that it is Dorner? give me a break. that's some B.S.
You aren't understand what is written. In a regular incident, they would've stopped the car and tried to identify the people inside, they wouldn't open fire first.

In the case of hunting Dorner, they are shooting first asking questions later. This is not because they are ill-trained, but most likely because they have been given orders from above to take no prisoners.
DrunkenSano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #225
Meractik
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSano View Post
You aren't understand what is written. In a regular incident, they would've stopped the car and tried to identify the people inside, they wouldn't open fire first.

In the case of hunting Dorner, they are shooting first asking questions later. This is not because they are ill-trained, but most likely because they have been given orders from above to take no prisoners.

You think someone above in the officers chain of command basically told them... "If you see a suspicious trunk you believe to be Dorners open fire without due cause and kill the occupants."

Seriously?

Edit: Upon double checking the story about the trucks that where opened fire upon NONE of the occupants where injured or killed in anyway, but it still begs the question.... if they wheren't dorner or acting in a threatening manner, why had the LAPD opened fire to begin with...