· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
loki8481
Lifer

Default what are your favorite tablet games?

figured I'd repost this since the last thread was started by a spammer

I just bought an iPad and I'm looking for some games to play on it... generally speaking, I like puzzle games or turn-based strategy/RPG's.

I bought The Room and thought it was pretty fun, but I was disappointed with how quickly I finished it. I don't mind paying for a really good game, but if I'm going to invest money in it, I'd hope it would be a game with hours of gametime or some replayability.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
ImpulsE69
Diamond Member

Tablet Smash (tm) It's where you go around smashing random peoples tablets. Bonus points for Ipads.

The World Needs a Reset Button.
ImpulsE69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Aikouka
Lifer

Loki, my first recommendation is to keep an eye out for free games. If you don't like 'em, then you haven't wasted any money, and you can usually get a good idea (maybe after awhile) of whether you'd be interested just by looking at the photos. Anyway, IGN normally posts an App Store Update every weekday that will include new releases, price drops (including free) and updates. You usually have to be a little proactive, because the free price drops are sometimes only for 24 hours, and they're listing them later in the period. I also use an app called AppsFire, which also has a Games category.

Anyway, I've mostly been playing Super Hexagon lately.
Aikouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
KeithTalent
Administrator
Elite Member

Right now all I play is FIFA 2012 and Safe Trip. Both fun and I can play in short bursts, which, for me, is ideal for tablet/phone games.

KT
KeithTalent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
loki8481
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulsE69 View Post
Tablet Smash (tm) It's where you go around smashing random peoples tablets. Bonus points for Ipads.
don't hate I bought a tablet because it's really the only way to read digital comics/graphic novels.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
TheSlamma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki8481 View Post
don't hate I bought a tablet because it's really the only way to read digital comics/graphic novels.
and even then it's just less worse.. not everything has been improved by tech that's for sure.
TheSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #7
beamiche

Draw Something is fun.
beamiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
mmntech
Lifer

World of Goo
Cut the Rope
Where's My Water
Monkey Island 1 & 2

Boycott SiriusXM
mmntech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
loki8481
Lifer

just in case anyone opens this thread in the future... my roommate and I both have become obsessed with Plague Inc.

it's a pretty cool strategy game, where the goal is to design a plague that wipes out the entire world (the strategy is finding the right balance between being strong enough that you kill the world before a cure is found, but not so strong that you attract much notice before you've already infected most of the world)

it's $.99 well spent... there are multiple plague types (bacteria, virus, fungus, etc), multiple difficulties, unlockable virus traits, and achievements for misc. things. one funny achievement is to infect the President of the US, mutate into an "insanity" symptom, and get the USA to nuke Russia
Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
QueBert
Lifer

on iOS Nobel Nutlings's crazy fun, there's no Android version yet, probably a year or 2 down the road they'll finally get to making it

They're not usually like hot-hot, but they're like hit it and quit it able.
QueBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
gorcorps
aka Brandon

Quote:
just in case anyone opens this thread in the future... my roommate and I both have become obsessed with Plague Inc.

it's a pretty cool strategy game, where the goal is to design a plague that wipes out the entire world (the strategy is finding the right balance between being strong enough that you kill the world before a cure is found, but not so strong that you attract much notice before you've already infected most of the world)

it's $.99 well spent... there are multiple plague types (bacteria, virus, fungus, etc), multiple difficulties, unlockable virus traits, and achievements for misc. things. one funny achievement is to infect the President of the US, mutate into an "insanity" symptom, and get the USA to nuke Russia
It's a good one. I haven't been able to kill off the entire planet yet though, but I've come very close.
gorcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
Kev
Lifer

fieldrunners 2
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
Pray To Jesus
Diamond Member

NHex

You won't regret it.
Pray To Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
JujuFish
Diamond Member

Quote:

Tried this out today. Good stuff.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
Sho'Nuff
Diamond Member

If you like match 3 games check out puzzle quest 2. Good mix of match 3 and RPG elements.

On the action side, Infinity blade 1 and 2 are pretty good, though they get boring.

FF3 is out for the ipad and is a faithful reproduction.
ATOT Resident Shogun of Intellectual Property Law
Sho'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #16
Denithor
Diamond Member

Plague Inc, Bastion, Army of Darkness, Solomon's Keep/Solomon's Boneyard, and the major time-sink I've been killing recently, Clash of Clans (freemium but don't hate - give it a chance, you can play entire game without spending a dime).

Originally posted by: ironwing
Adam should'a bought a PC instead. Eve fell for the marketing hype.
Denithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
Necrolezbeast

I've been playing some game called CarrotFantasy. It's a TD that seems to be popular here in China. It's fun, ya collect eggs and find milk and crackers to feed some little monsters as well... I'm sure now that I've completed everything that's out that I won't be playing it much, but it grabbed my attention pretty hard for the first couple days of my Chinese New Year vacation.
Necrolezbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
JTsyo
Diamond Member

I've been playing pocket planes since I've been on an airlines kick recently. It's kind of pointless but I want to unlock all the planes.
JTsyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
Fox5
Diamond Member

Civilization 5

heatware
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=35565
Fox5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #20
UberNeuman
Lifer

Not a puzzle game, but I do enjoy me some Pinball Arcade.

There's a free version that lets you play all the different tables up until you hit the high score for each table...

Star Trek:TNG table made this an easy buy for me....

"brevity is the soul of wit."

Hold the line.
UberNeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #21
ponyo
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberNeuman View Post
Not a puzzle game, but I do enjoy me some Pinball Arcade.

There's a free version that lets you play all the different tables up until you hit the high score for each table...

Star Trek:TNG table made this an easy buy for me....
I love Pinball Arcade but I think the tables are too expensive. I think it has the best physics out of all the pinball games. I also like how it has real tables we grew up playing at the arcades.

I recommend Zen Pinball. The ball physics isn't nearly as good as Pinball Arcade but the tables are cheaper than Pinball Arcade. It comes free with Sorcererís Lair which I think is one of the best tables.
ponyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #22
gorcorps
aka Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyo View Post
I love Pinball Arcade but I think the tables are too expensive. I think it has the best physics out of all the pinball games. I also like how it has real tables we grew up playing at the arcades.

I recommend Zen Pinball. The ball physics isn't nearly as good as Pinball Arcade but the tables are cheaper than Pinball Arcade. It comes free with Sorcererís Lair which I think is one of the best tables.
Zen pinball has great tables. I've bought all of them on the Vita/PS3. I wish those purchases transferred to android as I really don't want to pay for them again.
gorcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #23
ponyo
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
Zen pinball has great tables. I've bought all of them on the Vita/PS3. I wish those purchases transferred to android as I really don't want to pay for them again.
I love Zen Pinball. I bought all the tables on Android during the Christmas 99 cents a table sale using my leftover N7 $25 Google Playstore credit. I love how they're trying to push and innovate the digital pinball. I'm looking forward to Star Wars pinball and the Boba Fett table will be day one purchase for me when it's released later this month.
ponyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #24
DigDog
Platinum Member

http://andorstrail.com/
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #25
Reliant
Diamond Member

I just got Pixel Defenders Puzzle. It's a mix of match 3, turn based, and some other stuff. Really fun.
Reliant is offline   Reply With Quote