· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
0___________0

Default Random BSOD's in DirectX.

I've had two random BSOD's recently, one when playing the Crysis 3 beta (I don't remember what I was doing when I got the other). The first was 119, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR, the second is 1000007e, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M. I'll paste the analysis of the mini dumps, but they both list dxgmms1.sys for the image_name. The difference, other than the different stop codes, is that one lists avp.exe (Kaspersky) for the process name, the other is Crysis 3. I'm running the nVidia 313.96 driver. Not really sure what to do, could use some help.

Quote:
VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119) The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resulted in a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress. Any other values after parameter 1 must be individually examined according to the subtype.
Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000001, The driver has reported an invalid fence ID.
Arg2: 0000000000028e43
Arg3: 0000000000028e45
Arg4: 0000000000028e42
Debugging Details: ------------------ TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x119
PROCESS_NAME: avp.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 6
FOLLOWUP_IP:
dxgmms1!VidSchiProcessIsrCompletedPacket+27a fffff880`0647b0b2 cc int 3 SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2
SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms1!VidSchiProcessIsrCompletedPacket+27a
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: dxgmms1
IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms1.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 505ab2a9
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID X64_0x119_dxgmms1!VidSchiProcessIsrCompletedPacket +27a BUCKET_ID: X64_0x119_dxgmms1!VidSchiProcessIsrCompletedPacket +27a
Followup: MachineOwner
Quote:
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e) This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address. Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted /NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ... If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff803ec347f32, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff88008901c48, Exception Record Address Arg4: fffff88008901480, Context Record Address
Debugging Details: ------------------ TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".
FAULTING_IP: nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 8
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: Crysis 3 MP Op
SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms1!VIDMM_PROCESS_HEAP::Reset+d2
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: dxgmms1
IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms1.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 505ab2a9 STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff88008901480 ; kb FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_AV_dxgmms1!VIDMM_PROCESS_HEAP::Reset+d2 BUCKET_ID: X64_AV_dxgmms1!VIDMM_PROCESS_HEAP::Reset+d2 Followup: MachineOwner ---------

Last edited by 0___________0; 02-04-2013 at 12:24 AM.
0___________0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Bubbaleone
Golden Member

It would really help if you'd post your hardware specs, and list of the major software you're running. The mini-dumps don't mean much without the rest of it. By the way; when you're posting look down where it says "Miscellaneous Options" and check "Disable smilies in text" so we can see file paths instead of smilie faces.
Bubbaleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
0___________0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaleone View Post
It would really help if you'd post your hardware specs, and list of the major software you're running. The mini-dumps don't mean much without the rest of it. By the way; when you're posting look down where it says "Miscellaneous Options" and check "Disable smilies in text" so we can see file paths instead of smilie faces.
Specs are an MSI 970A-G46 mobo, AMD FX-6300 with a 4.2ghz OC, 8GB 1866mhz G.SKILL Ares RAM, nVidia GTX 560 Ti @ 930/4200, WD 500GB Velociraptor, 650 watt PSU with plenty on the 12V rails, the rails are within spec as well. Besides the OS, which is Win 8 Pro 64 bit, I just have Kaspersky, Origin and Steam running. The only other thing that runs on startup is a Realtek's software. No other major software would have been running when I got the crashes.

Last edited by 0___________0; 02-04-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
Bubbaleone
Golden Member

Thanks for posting your specs. Looking at the dumps now, did the BSOD's start after you began running Crysis, and if you've recently updated the graphics driver was that before or after you started running Crysis?

As a starting point to isolate the problem I'd temporarily uninstall Kaspersky then play Crysis for a couple of hours to see if you can reproduce the crash. I suggest that because not just Kaspersky, but many AVs don't play well with the way certain game drivers access the Windows API (suggested by the directX error).

I'd suggest you could try it the other way round and temporarily uninstall Crysis but, you mentioned this had happened previously (I'm assuming prior to Crysis) and my suspicions are leaning toward your AV.
Bubbaleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
0___________0

Yes, I installed Crysis on the 29th, all the crashes have occured since then. I believe they both happened when I was playing, but I'm not 100% certain what I was doing during the first one. I updated my drivers on the 30th, after Crysis had been installed, but one of the crashes had already happened the day before. I'll try without Kaspersky when I get the chance, but since the crashes are so infrequent I'd probably need to play for a couple days to get enough hours in.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
denis280
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0___________0 View Post
Yes, I installed Crysis on the 29th, all the crashes have occured since then. I believe they both happened when I was playing, but I'm not 100% certain what I was doing during the first one. I updated my drivers on the 30th
Did you perform a clean install.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
0___________0

I can't seem to reproduce it, with or without Kaspersky running. It's very rare. This is the only game it happens in as well, I guess I'll just report the problem to Kaspersky and Crytek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis280 View Post
Did you perform a clean install.
Yes, I did a clean install for the drivers, but I'd already had a crash before the update, so I know it wasn't an issue with that.