· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
KaOTiK
Lifer

Default Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

So has anyone bought it? From what I've read from people it is a very very good game. It does look fun too. Wondering if anyone here picked it up and what their impressions are. I'm tempted to get a 4 pack if I can find some other people
KaOTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
sash1
Diamond Member

i have it for the wii u. it's really fun. a fast paced racer with a lot of gameplay modes and good multiplayer with friends. the tracks are numerous and quite well done, as some of them are evolving maps that are different each lap with separate flying/driving/ocean sections.

#1 mouse-only osu! player ^^;
sash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
Zenoth
Diamond Member

It looks fun enough, I haven't played it but I watched a review of it and yep, looks pretty fun. I think my cousin bought it recently for his 360 (I think it's on the PS3 as well), so I might play it next time I go to his place.
GPU: ASUS GTX 670 DCUII 2GB @ Stock

"To vanquish without adversity is to triumph without glory."
Zenoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
Aikouka
Lifer

I have it for the 360, but (and this won't surprise anyone) I haven't played it yet.
Aikouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Phynaz
Diamond Member

My son (17) says it's great. He hasn't been off it since launch (he pre-ordered).
Phynaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
KaOTiK
Lifer

I haven't heard anything negative about it. Might have to grab a 4 pack and hope I can find people to buy the extra copies hmm
Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
KaOTiK
Lifer

Well I ended up buying a 4 pack and played for an hour just now. I gotta say, this game is just plain out fun. The entire time I was grinning. If you are a fan of Sega games throughout the years, omg there is so much awesomeness you will see then. They have stages built around each game from the typical Sonic to After Burner. The stages I've played so far are very well designed with each having multiple paths to go in areas and the laps aren't the same each time either because a bridge might lower and you will transform and go into your boat and race on the water seeing a whole other part of the map you didn't see before and the same for when you transform into your plane.

It runs smooth as can be and it looks good, very bright and alive. Sounds drip with nostalgia, from the Sega saying at the beginning to hearing soundtracks from previous Sega games.

You level up each character you race as and unlock mods for them. Mods are basically just changing the stats around, say you unlock one for Sonic, it might take a point away from speed for him and put it into acceleration instead. There looks to be a lot of mods for each character so basically if you have a favorite (at least in looks) if you unlock their mods you should fine a mod that will fit your racing style instead of being forced to race as someone else you don't like but their race/car stats fit your play style better.

Even though I only played an hour I am very very happy with this buy and am going to be going right back to it after posting this. If anyone is interested in a copy, like I said I bought the 4 pack and am selling the extras for their cost ($20 each).
Old 02-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
KaOTiK
Lifer

Just put another hour and a half in. I stand by all of what I said above. The game really is fun. The all star mode power up you pick up sometimes is lol (at least for Ulala, she has backup dancers on their own flying platforms dance along side you while you dance). The weapons stuff is all pretty run of the mill otherwise, I do like the swarm of bees though. It goes out infront of whoever is 1st and above a dozen large bees/wasps stay on the track and you have to maneuver through them and if you hit one you spin out.

The other races modes are neat from what I've seen. There is rival mode where you race against like 4 other racers and you each have 3 health and whoever lives till the end wins. There is a drift mode, and a few others that are all pretty decent as well. They are scattered throughout the World Tour game mode that is setup to where you beat a race to unlock another and it branches to go into other races. You use stars from finishing races to unlock barriers to more races and to buy extra characters.

If you are a kart racing fan, you will really enjoy this imo. If you are a Sega fan, you will really like a lot it has too. Lots of maps, Skies of Arcadia, Shinobi, Billy Hatcher, Panzer Dragoon, Samba De Amigo, and more.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
KaOTiK
Lifer

I've put a few more hours into it and my opinion hasn't changed. It is just a fun game. Lots of cool maps and it is pretty challenging. Lots of stuff to do too.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
Aikouka
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOTiK View Post
I've put a few more hours into it and my opinion hasn't changed. It is just a fun game. Lots of cool maps and it is pretty challenging. Lots of stuff to do too.
One of the nicest parts is that it's also a really cheap game! Even if you want it on a console instead of the PC, it's only $40... and that's not on sale. If I didn't have it on the 360, I would probably take you up on a copy... heck, I'm tempted to anyway! (As to why, I don't know.)

Ultimately, let's show Nintendo that we won't accept their coddling of terrible players anymore!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 AM   #11
Soundmanred
Lifer

I played it for a while last night, and I'm really enjoying it. It's fresh, I love the characters, the sound and visuals are top notch and it's FUN! I'm so tired of "realistic" racers, so this is the exact thing I needed.
One stupid thing I did - in the second track you can play (PD) the 1st lap is all on wheels, then the 2nd you go boating, then the 3rd you get to fly. The problem is, I didn't realize it was a flying segment, I thought it was still boats! I wondered "why are all the boosts and everything out of reach!". Then I ramped and I realized my boat was a jet.
Geez.
Played it to the third track before quitting.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
Knuckles all the way!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
KaOTiK
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikouka View Post
One of the nicest parts is that it's also a really cheap game! Even if you want it on a console instead of the PC, it's only $40... and that's not on sale. If I didn't have it on the 360, I would probably take you up on a copy... heck, I'm tempted to anyway! (As to why, I don't know.)

Ultimately, let's show Nintendo that we won't accept their coddling of terrible players anymore!
lol at $20 for a 4 pack price it is really hard to beat/argue with that price. I really like the game, it probably is the best kart racer I've played. The only thing missing that I loved in the Mario Kart games is the battle mode.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
funboy6942
Lifer

Well I bought one off KaOTiK and been having fun for the last hour or so. Game is a blast, thanks!
funboy6942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
richprice79

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOTiK View Post
Hey there I am interested in sonic all star racing transformed for 20 bucks. Do you still have a steam key available? I will be on steam tonight around 7:00pm and will gladly pay up 20 for it. steam name rickprice79 ( i think anyways i have so many logins and i am at work.)
richprice79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
KaOTiK
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richprice79 View Post
Hey there I am interested in sonic all star racing transformed for 20 bucks. Do you still have a steam key available? I will be on steam tonight around 7:00pm and will gladly pay up 20 for it. steam name rickprice79 ( i think anyways i have so many logins and i am at work.)
Sorry I don't have anymore. They ended up selling pretty quick. Game is a ton of fun.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #16
richprice79

I actually have it for the wii u but it runs at a very low frame rate even dipping below 30, so I figured I would get it for PC. I guess I will pony up the 30 bucks. Feel free to add me on steam though and maybe we can play one night.
richprice79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
Phynaz
Diamond Member

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480...9088253340455/

^ My kid's review of the game. A little verbose, but he is a decent writer for his age. If you have few minutes free and are interested in the game give it a read

If you enjoy his review please let him know.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
Soundmanred
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynaz View Post
http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480...9088253340455/

^ My kid's review of the game. A little verbose, but he is a decent writer for his age. If you have few minutes free and are interested in the game give it a read

If you enjoy his review please let him know.
How old is he? (considering he's been playing the same game for 12 years)
Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #19
Phynaz
Diamond Member

Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #20
KaOTiK
Lifer

Good review your kid did Phynaz. A bit long for my tastes, but that might have more to do with this is a game I bought already so reading through a lot about it didn't interest me since I knew the pros/cons. Good job though overall. If he cleaned it up some and focused it a bit more he could do ok probably.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #21
Soundmanred
Lifer

Unhappy

I've played his quite a bit now, and I have one major gripe about it. Spoilers for those who don't know..
Danica look nothing like Danica. So disappointed.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #22
KaOTiK
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmanred View Post
I've played his quite a bit now, and I have one major gripe about it. Spoilers for those who don't know..
Danica look nothing like Danica. So disappointed.
lol she is pretty fugly looking in the game isn't she
Old 02-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #23
Aikouka
Lifer

So, I started playing this on my 360 tonight, and I found an odd bug. I play B class, which requires you to get third place. Well, I almost thought that I lost it as Metal Sonic passed me near the end, but I got the Finish .5 Seconds Ahead of Someone achievement. That means I should have been in third place, and the game even said that I got third. HOWEVER, I still failed the event!

Oh, and I'm getting a lot better at the flying. Inverting the Y axis always gets me!

Tags
sonic all stars racing