· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #26
Midwayman
Platinum Member

Might be worth looking into a WMC htpc. You put in a ceton infinitv 4 and use it to feed your TVs. You avoid a ton of box fees in the long run if you have more than 1-2 TV's in your house. IIRC it can feed 5 TVs with the whole house DVR think. Plus you get to avoid all the crappy cable co dvr and setup box ui.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #27
zerogear
Diamond Member

Is this charge for using DTA? Or having more than 1?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #28
Thump553
Diamond Member

Just got my Feb bill-there it is, a charge for $1.99 each for two formerly free devicies to hook up old CRT TV's to cable. Also our basic cable internet went up $5-10. Am now paying $176 per month for basic cable and basic cable internet. If it was my choice I'd drop this in a second.

Time to check out Dish, I guess. Any other suggestions? Over the air reception in our area stinks.
Thump553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #29
ICXRa
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogear View Post
Is this charge for using DTA? Or having more than 1?
This is monthly recurring charge for the free DTA's they sent out last year. Free has become $1.99 per month, no free ones. The only thing you get for free is the comcrap be damned box.
ICXRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #30
ICXRa
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump553 View Post
Just got my Feb bill-there it is, a charge for $1.99 each for two formerly free devicies to hook up old CRT TV's to cable. Also our basic cable internet went up $5-10. Am now paying $176 per month for basic cable and basic cable internet. If it was my choice I'd drop this in a second.

Time to check out Dish, I guess. Any other suggestions? Over the air reception in our area stinks.
UVerse? I got a call from them last night, I'm thinking about moving to them, although I've heard their just as bad as comcrap for raising rates.
ICXRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #31
MadScientist
Golden Member

From posts in Comcast's forum some people have been successful at getting the DTA charge removed from their bills. It depends on which Comcast rep you speak to. Some are insisting that the only way to get the charge dropped is to turn the DTAs in.
As I previously posted, the DTA charge has been dropped from my current bill. In fact it states that the DTA service has been removed, but my DTAs are still activated.
When I spoke to their rep I quoted him Comcast's policy on the DTAs, and that I have Limited Basic cable, and signed up with them before July 1, 2012 so I should be grandfathered.
https://customer.comcast.com/help-an...ital-migration

https://digitalnow.comcast.com/About...al_Update.aspx

So call them and bitch and mention the words Dish and CANCEL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump553 View Post

Wow that's high, what other Comcast services do you have besides basic cable and internet???

I'm paying $21.95/month for basic cable and $35.99 for internet, plus $1.68 for taxes and fees.
Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, i5-2500K @4.6 Ghz, 1.340V, Lian Li PC-7A Plus, Corsair A70, Corsair Force Series 3 120GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint HD103SJ 1TB, 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 @1.575V,Seasonic M12II 620W PSU, MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti, Samsung SH-S223B, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Last edited by MadScientist; 01-30-2013 at 10:29 AM.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #32
kornphlake
Golden Member

I called to cancel my service last night and it was surprisingly simple. They didn't attempt to sell me a bundle or upgrade to "reduce" my bill, they didn't try to put me on a lesser plan or give me 3 months of premium channels at no cost to keep my business, they just proceeded to cancel the service. Either they don't care how many customers they lose because they're going to stick it to the customers who stay, or they've had so many people cancelling they're burnt out on trying to retain customers.

Be careful if you're calling to threaten canceling the service, they might take it more seriously than you do.
kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #33
sze5003
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornphlake View Post
I called to cancel my service last night and it was surprisingly simple. They didn't attempt to sell me a bundle or upgrade to "reduce" my bill, they didn't try to put me on a lesser plan or give me 3 months of premium channels at no cost to keep my business, they just proceeded to cancel the service. Either they don't care how many customers they lose because they're going to stick it to the customers who stay, or they've had so many people cancelling they're burnt out on trying to retain customers.

Be careful if you're calling to threaten canceling the service, they might take it more seriously than you do.
My gf's sister has had their cable, tv, and phone package for over 3 years for the same price. She kept calling in raising hell and saying she can't afford it and they would put it back on promotion. I guess it depends on the area you live in. If they dominate your area and there is a new service you can get like fios, they may cut you some slack.
Asrock Extreme3 Gen3| Core i5 2500k @4.2Ghz-Hyper212 EVO| 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | 256GB Samsung 830 |128GB Crucial M4 | Saphire VaporX 7970Ghz 3GB | NZXT Phantom 410 | 750W Corsair Enthusiast
sze5003 is online now   Reply With Quote