· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Maximilian
Lifer

Default Anyone dealt with logitech customer support recently?

Im currently trying to get a replacement G9X since mine has developed a double click when clicking once problem.... man oh man have things gone down the tubes since i last spoke with logitech!

I dealt with them ~2006ish for a problem with a buzzing Z5500 sub, they sent out new speakers to me and only asked i return the speaker cables for the broken set. Awesome service, hassle free. I called them as well and it was an english chap that answered.

Fast forward to 2013 and its broken english reply's and basically getting nowhere. In the lastest message they wanted to see proof of purchase so i sent in a screen of the order details page from amazon, its pretty fleshed out, shows the order number, price, dispatch date, product ordered etc etc. They tell me this is not proof of purchase and to "please verify the correct Proof of purchase or even contact a Amazon" Are you kidding me? What more do you want??? Want me to fly to your frickin call center in bangalore and shove this busted ass mouse up your backend?! Would that be proof of purchase?

Anyone else fared better? Did i just get unlucky or have things gone downhill at logitech CS?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Eureka
Diamond Member

Try calling again during normal business hours? I dealt with them roughly over a year ago and it was still an American rep, and it was a super-easy process. Perhaps they outsource some extra workload to outside the US.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Puppies04
Diamond Member

Any company employing outsourced staff who struggle to either understand English or are hard to understand themselves immediately go on my blacklist. If enough people do the same then I'm sure these companies will rethink their customer service cost cutting.

How old is the G9X? Any chance you can take it back to the store? I am not sure on the laws regarding returns outside the UK.
Puppies04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
JamesV
Golden Member

I got a G9 replaced for the right mouse click not working - didn't even ask for proof of purchase, sent me a brand new one, without me even having to send the old one back. This was a few years ago.

Had to get my G35 headphones replaced (the entire right ear cup broke off) recently, and this time I had to send in my old pair. Had to pay for postage, but got the new pair in about a week.

With this latest return however, the first person I got, I couldn't understand them at all (Indian?). So I just hung up and tried again, and got someone I could understand.
JamesV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
Maximilian
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppies04 View Post
Any company employing outsourced staff who struggle to either understand English or are hard to understand themselves immediately go on my blacklist. If enough people do the same then I'm sure these companies will rethink their customer service cost cutting.

How old is the G9X? Any chance you can take it back to the store? I am not sure on the laws regarding returns outside the UK.
Its 2 years old, amazon would just tell me to contact logitech most likely. Its a 3 year warranty so logitech should cover it, i just need to jump through their stupid hoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesV View Post
I got a G9 replaced for the right mouse click not working - didn't even ask for proof of purchase, sent me a brand new one, without me even having to send the old one back. This was a few years ago.

Had to get my G35 headphones replaced (the entire right ear cup broke off) recently, and this time I had to send in my old pair. Had to pay for postage, but got the new pair in about a week.

With this latest return however, the first person I got, I couldn't understand them at all (Indian?). So I just hung up and tried again, and got someone I could understand.
Yeah im using the online support ticket thingy, havent called anyone. Might have to though if this dosent pan out. A lot of companies seem to have their lackeys working the online ticket system and the phone based customer support at the same time, its why there are often long pauses between them typing something if its live chat, they're usually on a call. So im a bit wary of calling them, hanging up until i get one that speaks english sounds like a good plan though