· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #1276
KidNiki1
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupi View Post
How much is the yak? Have the tundra already so not really in a useful need for one and still have other ones to buy.

Which though that they added a complete mount database to the UI like they did with pets.

Did look at my abandoned alliance chars to see how many coins I had to get the pet. Bastards had at most about 6 on any one, so I'll actually have to do a bit of work to grab the alliance version.
yak is 120,000 w/o guild perk.

also, it is a bit different from the mammoth because it has a reforger on it.

Be excellent to each other - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
KidNiki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #1277
Phoenix86
Lifer

120K before bartering.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #1278
Hacp
Lifer

Quote:
How much is the yak? Have the tundra already so not really in a useful need for one and still have other ones to buy.
Grand Yak is 108k with the guild perk. There are three reasons to purchase the Grand Yak.

1. Reforger. If you're a hybrid in a raid, it gives you a quick reforge so you can switch from healing to DPS specs outside the instance.
2. Updated MOP food. Useful if you don't have a mage and you need to refill your mana or health. The tundra only sells WOTLK food.
3. To show off to others.

Hacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #1279
lupi
Lifer

Yowzers, yeah in no hurry to empty my bank for that although I've seen a couple of them hanging around.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite
lupi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #1280
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

Quote:
Did look at my abandoned alliance chars to see how many coins I had to get the pet. Bastards had at most about 6 on any one, so I'll actually have to do a bit of work to grab the alliance version.
I believe the pets are sellable so don't bust your ass too hard trying to get one on both factions.

I know I'll be doin some ass bustin to get the whole honoring elders achievement done...I have seen this holiday many times but it was always too much of a hassle to visit them all. I've been telling myself I'll do it this time. (Despite the fact that my interest is waning due to my guild's breakup /cry)
i5-3570k w/ Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z77 Pro3 | Sapphire Dual-X HD7970 1000/1500 | Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x4) DDR3-1600 CL9 1.5V | PCP&C Silencer 750W | Crucial M4 128GB + Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB | Windows 7 | NZXT H2 | 2x Asus 24" LCD 1080P | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Logitech G9 & G19
tHa ShIzNiT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #1281
rh71
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesbudt View Post
First (I main a healing monk --> Ashkongfu : last LFR garalon kill had me at 110k HPS. granted no one else was really healing it seemed outside a 75k HPS paladin)

Thanks, lots to swallow and I'll just have to keep practicing with some tips there. Sounds like you don't make generating mana tea a priority but it happens because you have chi to spend. This will be my biggest adjustment I think. The way I've been playing most times I've only had 1 stack to use every 10 sec (glyph). What spirit did you run with at the lower gear levels? You're probably not making that your top stat anymore? You don't use uplift glyph - I'm going to change that to renewing mist glyph too (guides said not to so I didn't). What's crane stance? Contemplating changing from Rushing Jade Wind.

I know you mentioned monks need some mana help after the nerf. Do you find it to still be the case? Do you think mistweavers scale well with better gear? Do you still think monks have to be on top of their game to heal as well as any other heal class not even played to their max potential? Kinda frustrating as it is now.

In another LFR a resto shammy also newly 90 was basically doing double the healing and HPS while in blues. Most was from healing rain.

Last edited by rh71; 01-28-2013 at 04:21 PM.
rh71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #1282
Sixguns
Platinum Member

I just cant see myself dropping over 100k on a mount. I did just buy the mammoth for 14k and didnt know why. My total gold at this xpac was 40k and now up to 110k. I thought I was rich but people dropping over 100k for fun is crazy.

Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #1283
diesbudt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Thanks, lots to swallow and I'll just have to keep practicing with some tips there. Sounds like you don't make generating mana tea a priority but it happens because you have chi to spend. This will be my biggest adjustment I think. The way I've been playing most times I've only had 1 stack to use every 10 sec (glyph). What spirit did you run with at the lower gear levels? You're probably not making that your top stat anymore? You don't use uplift glyph - I'm going to change that to renewing mist glyph too (guides said not to so I didn't). What's crane stance? Contemplating changing from Rushing Jade Wind.

I know you mentioned monks need some mana help after the nerf. Do you find it to still be the case? Do you think mistweavers scale well with better gear? Do you still think monks have to be on top of their game to heal as well as any other heal class not even played to their max potential? Kinda frustrating as it is now.

In another LFR a resto shammy also newly 90 was basically doing double the healing and HPS while in blues. Most was from healing rain.
-No, spirit is still my #1 stack. It will be until the end of time, or until blizzard messes with monks some more. I got to about 8k spirit with flask when i started regular raiding, through any means necessary. Now I sit at 9.3k unbuffed.

-Crit is also very important, because our chi stacks can proc double time based on crit chance. (22%? crit chance buffed) means mana tea charges proc faster.

-I do not TRY to earn them. I just use them as they come. If I have chi to burn it is usually enveloping mist or chi wave (uplift only used when aoe is need).

-Crane stance is the healing stance we are in (the one that gives the mana bar) however crane stance also buffs our haste by 50%, thus when I say haste to 3148 in tiger stance it is more like 4000 some in crane stance because of the 50%. It is easier to calculate how much haste is needed by standing in tiger stance when gemming/enchanting/reforging.

-Renewing mist glyph is one of the better ones. It would just jump around in melee w/o it. With it it can reach anyone almost. Thus when timed right with thunder focus tea (6 people have mist and TFT + uplift = refresh, and then another mist = 9 targets will be effected by uplift for ~10s)

-Do not glyph uplift. Not only do we have so few chi usages as it is, but come 5.2 uplift and enveloping mist will be the only chi dumps we have outside of fistweaving.

-Rushing Jade wind is not good. We almost never want to serpent crane kick. Unless it can hit 8+ people regularly, it is a mana waste. (since 8 people being hit = 24 chances for mastery to proc 8x3 swipes per kick) Uplift is our aoe specialty, with serpent crane kick being only used if we have no other options to aoe heal, or everyone in a 10man is stacked.

-Monks still need some help since the nerf yes. However it isn't as much mana now (though lower gear monks are hurting bad because they dont have the crit % and spirit to overcome the mana issue) other than mechanics. Because we cannot control who gets renewing mist on them, as the jump is a "stupid-smart" heal, our aoe healing can be problematic. Especially if renewing mist jumps onto someone who already has it.

-Yes in all 3 specs, monks have a higher "skill-cap" to achieve maximum efficiency. I can tell you with a paladin and priest at 90 I can do good healing for a lot less attention paying and effort. But this is a reason I do like the monk class. because I have found my way to succeed with them. And on a frost DK or shadow priest I can pay less attention and have more stable dps than a monk dps, as it fully relies on good timing and usage of the cooldowns and FoF.

-Shamans are amazing aoe healing in 25 mans, especially in aoe if played right. Especially in a "pug" setting. LFR numbers mean nothing though. When I can outheal priests, monks and shamans on LFR Empress on my paladin (lawl paladin aoe healing >.>)...

But yes, your main concern I will re-answer. Making mana tea is not a priority. It comes to you as you spend mana (mana > chi > mana tea), but the more crit you have, the faster you can create it. And never leave chi just sitting there. If you have 2-3 use it on something that will heal, unless you know a strong aoe moment is coming up, thus you can save it for uplift spam.

Last edited by diesbudt; 01-28-2013 at 08:12 PM.
diesbudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #1284
Hacp
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixguns View Post
I just cant see myself dropping over 100k on a mount. I did just buy the mammoth for 14k and didnt know why. My total gold at this xpac was 40k and now up to 110k. I thought I was rich but people dropping over 100k for fun is crazy.
It depends on your server. On my server, herbs are cheap, so I do the herb shuffle and can pretty much make money at will if I need. That's because it is high pop, so there is a high supply of herbs. On other servers, the supply of raw mats might not be as high, hence it might be harder to make money.

Btw I officially hate the valor cap.

Hacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #1285
diesbudt
Diamond Member

So for those other healing monks out there, I did some fun theorycrafting last night.

Comparing Ascension and Power Strikes talents. Depending on how fast you build up chi... (This is on mana regen factor only. Personally I see ascension as a bit better on timing aoe healing also)

If you build 1 chi every 10s: Power strikes is always better
If you build 2 chi every 10s: Power strikes is always better
If you build 3 chi every 10s: Ascension surpasses Power strikes @71.5% crit
If you build 4+ chi every 10s: Ascension is always better

Chi builders for those unaware = Jab, soothing mists, renewing mists, surging mist, serpent crane kick and crackling jade lightning.

At my crit % raid buffed - And assuming an average of 3.3 chi generated per 10s (2 renewing mist each 10s + maybe jabbing or soothing mists etc.)

Ascension mana gain over 5s = 6900
Power strikes mana gain over 5s = 6858

Length of the fight does have a very minor change in how useful power strikes is, but it is not enough to make or break the difference by much.

**These are all assuming

1) You use every chi you generate at some point during the fight (and able to convert it to mana tea and drink it)
2) Power strikes you generate the extra chi exactly every 22s as the talent allows
3) assuming playstyle is same when using both talents.

Last edited by diesbudt; 01-29-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #1286
chitwood

So I'm about to hit 90 on my DK, he's still using a 429 2h mace from Townlong.

Whats the ideal way to get that thing upgraded? Buy a BoE? Cross fingers for a drop in a heroic? Cross fingers even harder for a drop in LFR? Rep?

Its depressing what little knowledge I have of MoP. I was a walking encyclopedia about this game from Vanilla through Wrath /sigh
chitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #1287
Glayde

Queue up for the arena scenario. Inside there's a quest and completing the scenario rewards you with a 450 ilevel weapon. After that you can look at crafted 463's or 463 heroic drops. Beyond that is LFR drops which require 460 to get in (or 470 for the higher level lfrs)
Glayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #1288
Phoenix86
Lifer

1. The arena of annihilation, 450 blue.
2. 5 man 463 random drops
3. Exalted with klaxxi (if this is an alt and you have the bonus rep gain from being revered on another toon). Exalted with them also gives an epic ring. You will grind this+golden lotus+shieldwall (or horde equal faction) at the start anyways.
3. Looking for raids, think there is a 2H off of elegon (5th boss in the instance, 2nd on the 2nd LFR option).
4. Raids.

edit: forgot about the crafted weapon but it's a tad expensive on mats.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #1289
Glayde

Also a not too hard to get item is the two hand agility polearm from archeology.

You can upgrade it with justice from 463->471 and it will outperform lower ilevel str weapons. Best thing about it: It's bind-on-account since it's an archeology item and you can use it at level 85. Great leveling weapon for your alts once you have it. 471 ilevel upgraded 2/2.
Glayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #1290
chitwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix86 View Post
1. The arena of annihilation, 450 blue.
yes, this.... this is what I will start with.

Whats the level requirement for AoA, and where the hell is it?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #1291
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
A rogue in my guild has almost 500k gold from just doing random crap. The GM has over 1.5 million. Neither bought the yak.

We just got tge guy that runs the alliance AH on our server in our guild. He said he has eight accounts, his wife and kids play. He also runs his own LAN center and IT business, so he plays WoW a lot.

I have 75k and feel poor.

I got a pair of rhinestone sunglasses from the Blingtron last night. I am debating on keeping them or trying to sell them for a bunch of gold.
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #1292
Sixguns
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitwood View Post
yes, this.... this is what I will start with.

Whats the level requirement for AoA, and where the hell is it?

Its a scenario that you can que for. Drop select it and not a random. I do that with my 90's as soon as they hit 90. It takes maybe 5-7 minutes for a nice starter weapon.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #1293
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glayde View Post
Also a not too hard to get item is the two hand agility polearm from archeology.

You can upgrade it with justice from 463->471 and it will outperform lower ilevel str weapons. Best thing about it: It's bind-on-account since it's an archeology item and you can use it at level 85. Great leveling weapon for your alts once you have it. 471 ilevel upgraded 2/2.
this thing made my monk INSANE at level 85. I upgraded it to 471 beforehand too. was pretty awesome. he's now 90 and I'm using the BOA inscription one, fully upgraded. he's just a twinked out whore right now. spent 50k on him right when he hit 90. did 60k+ dps in my very first LFR. =) (without stepping foot in a scenario or heroic dungeon). pretty good.
i5-3570k w/ Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z77 Pro3 | Sapphire Dual-X HD7970 1000/1500 | Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x4) DDR3-1600 CL9 1.5V | PCP&C Silencer 750W | Crucial M4 128GB + Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB | Windows 7 | NZXT H2 | 2x Asus 24" LCD 1080P | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Logitech G9 & G19
Old 01-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #1294
chitwood

Quote:
Its a scenario that you can que for. Drop select it and not a random. I do that with my 90's as soon as they hit 90. It takes maybe 5-7 minutes for a nice starter weapon.
aha! Here I am thinking of Ring of Blood, Ampitheater, CoC... some random open world thing. Glad they stopped those, nothing but grief fests anyway
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #1295
diesbudt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHa ShIzNiT View Post
this thing made my monk INSANE at level 85. I upgraded it to 471 beforehand too. was pretty awesome. he's now 90 and I'm using the BOA inscription one, fully upgraded. he's just a twinked out whore right now. spent 50k on him right when he hit 90. did 60k+ dps in my very first LFR. =) (without stepping foot in a scenario or heroic dungeon). pretty good.
Yes, that weapon with the 20% xp boost (1 hour a day) monks get from 85-90 for being, well a monk, along with rested xp = very fast leveling. Especially when 2-3 shotting mobs.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #1296
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

Quote:
Yes, that weapon with the 20% xp boost (1 hour a day) monks get from 85-90 for being, well a monk, along with rested xp = very fast leveling. Especially when 2-3 shotting mobs.
yep. I highly recommend everyone roll a monk if you havent already. The leveling was a pleasure. Actually, let me put a caveat on that. Roll a monk once you're ready to twink the hell outta him. Full heirlooms, blue BOE's, spare no expense. You'll have a really good time. When I hit 85 and put that arch polearm on him, I was doing roughly 50k dps in dungeons...quite often I was literally doing more dps than the other 4 people combined. People were awestruck, I got a lot of comments. Which makes ya feel good =)
Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #1297
diesbudt
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHa ShIzNiT View Post
yep. I highly recommend everyone roll a monk if you havent already. The leveling was a pleasure. Actually, let me put a caveat on that. Roll a monk once you're ready to twink the hell outta him. Full heirlooms, blue BOE's, spare no expense. You'll have a really good time. When I hit 85 and put that arch polearm on him, I was doing roughly 50k dps in dungeons...quite often I was literally doing more dps than the other 4 people combined. People were awestruck, I got a lot of comments. Which makes ya feel good =)
I actually tanked (instant que and all) and was doing that massive aoe dps. The dungeons not only were fast, but because I was getting practically instant ques, as long as rest exp was still there, it made leveling a breeze. Especially if you have the 20% xp buff running.

Monk has been the most enjoyable of all the classes I have leveled (close 2nd was a warlock). The only downside is, if you have not heard yet, is that at endgame they are mediocre in everything. So nothing special. But very fun none the less.

(I will recommend if you want a fast leveling experience, do not do panda. The first 10 levels with no heirlooms, and on a new continent for leveling sucked a bit.)
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #1298
Phoenix86
Lifer

Quote:
The only downside is, if you have not heard yet, is that at endgame they are mediocre in everything.
I was actually REALLY shocked by this, I didn't expect them to be as OP as DKs when they first came out but damn... they needed buffing out of the gate which I thought was odd.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #1299
tHa ShIzNiT
Golden Member

One more thing about monk leveling...it just seems like blizzard gave them tools to deal with everything. many heals and "oh shit" buttons. A ranged (when glyphed), instant, long lasting cc with a 20 second cooldown? wow. Oh, and the mobility...roll is amazing, and coupled with celerity its almost always available. And as a windwalker I also made very liberal use of flying serpent kick. The mobility I had was just spectacular, made everything so much faster and easier.

Yes, they are currently in the middle of the pack for everything, but it looks like 5.2 will put windwalker at or near the top dps wise. Looking forward to that.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #1300
Sixguns
Platinum Member

I started a monk but only got him to 11. I dont like to lvl new toons right after the xpac comes out. To much stuff I want to do on my main right now.