· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #76
MagickMan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivic View Post
seriously though, don't act like you are swinging a big d!ck because you are leasing a redneck's wet dream. It isn't a bad car regardless of how fat and ugly it is, but considering the money, it is nothing more than overpriced IMHO. in the 50's you are in boxster/cayman territory among many other cars.

and how did you go from a GTR to a camaro? evo/STI would be more along the lines of the GTR -> boosted/AWD. You could have gotten a used GTR and if shopped correctly it would still be a great car in used dress. for 20 grand flat you could get a nice evo, throw 3-5 grand at it, and make 500+ WHP... to each their own
You've got issues, it's best not to air them in public.

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." - Henry VI, Pt. II: Act 4, Scn 2
MagickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #77
djnsmith7
Platinum Member

I could see someone modding a lease if they were at least 99% sure they were going to buy it at the end of the term.

Or, if they were not concerned in the least about the cost to return the car to its original configuration at the end of the term.

At that point, you'd have $$$ in used mods that you'd have to try to sell on the open market. Probably be lucky to get half, if not less, than your original investment.

CV, you'll probably want to think long & hard about forking out all that money to mod a lease, when you could end up with thousands in used parts sitting in your garage.

Sidebar: Don't know if you've already seen the discussions, but there are rumors pointing to the '14 SS or Z28 having an LS7 (505 HP) option. I would not want to be a <'14 SS owner if this happens.

Would be nice to see SS owners finally get taken care of. I never thought highly of the 426 figure.

Rumor Mill

GM document
djnsmith7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #78
CVSiN
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivic View Post
I can tell you first hand it isn't all about the HP. I am not looking for a stat sheet car, I want the car to be fun first, and if it has a lot of HP on top of that, great.

in the 20's
BRZ/FRS
Miata MX-5
Focus ST
WRX

the list is almost endless in the used market
NSX
EVO's
Corvettes
-your camaro in a couple yrs

seriously though, don't act like you are swinging a big d!ck because you are leasing a redneck's wet dream. It isn't a bad car regardless of how fat and ugly it is, but considering the money, it is nothing more than overpriced IMHO. in the 50's you are in boxster/cayman territory among many other cars.

and how did you go from a GTR to a camaro? evo/STI would be more along the lines of the GTR -> boosted/AWD. You could have gotten a used GTR and if shopped correctly it would still be a great car in used dress. for 20 grand flat you could get a nice evo, throw 3-5 grand at it, and make 500+ WHP... to each their own
I cannot stand Subaru period. cars interiors look like base models on other cars. and the sound is so annoying you want to gouge your ears out with a rusty shovel. My Infiniti ate them for lunch.

Looked at alot of cars..
Cobras, SRT 396 Challenger, Mustang Boss, Mustang GT 5.0, Camaro 1LE, ZL1, and the Dusk SS, Infiniti G37s, 370Zs Corvettes ( grand sport) and a few others.
None had everything I wanted in 1 package.
the Camaro came down to it as my friend was the Sales manager. I paid invoice -100 on my car.

I came out of a 450 hp boosted Infiniti coupe so yes I wanted to look at the GTR.
but again I didn't want another USED car and the new ones are now Outragous. I don't want to inherit someone else's problems.

I am not here "swinging" anything. I posted my new car and answered questions about it until you started your jealous trolling apparently.

I am done with you trolling my thread.
It is a nice AVERAGE Camaro 2SS with an LE package on it. nothing more nothing less.
You can either like it or don't This is the Garage section where we are supposed to talk cars. Not bash people nor their cars.
But it is NOT your place or anyone elses to bash cost nor how I decide to take care of it.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
- Seneca (4 b.c.- 65 a.d.)

CVSiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #79
CVSiN
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnsmith7 View Post
I could see someone modding a lease if they were at least 99% sure they were going to buy it at the end of the term.

Or, if they were not concerned in the least about the cost to return the car to its original configuration at the end of the term.

At that point, you'd have $$$ in used mods that you'd have to try to sell on the open market. Probably be lucky to get half, if not less, than your original investment.

CV, you'll probably want to think long & hard about forking out all that money to mod a lease, when you could end up with thousands in used parts sitting in your garage.

Sidebar: Don't know if you've already seen the discussions, but there are rumors pointing to the '14 SS or Z28 having an LS7 (505 HP) option. I would not want to be a <'14 SS owner if this happens.

Would be nice to see SS owners finally get taken care of. I never thought highly of the 426 figure.

Rumor Mill

GM document
Thanks bro like I said minor small mods nothing major.
just some lighting ( LEDS, better Mood lighting, sequential tails), a stereo ( just a woofer most likely) and prolly only a coldair.

most of that is done just the cold air remains.
was thinking headers but without being able to do a tune they would not be worth it.

nothing crazy.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

Last edited by CVSiN; 01-28-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #80
Sulaco
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVSiN View Post
Why on earth would I want to work on my own car? I work for a living I sure as hell dont have time to work on my own car.
of course you take a car to a shop to get worked on and custom installs done.
No offense, I tried to stay out of this little skirmish up to now, but that just comes across as remarkably douchey and insecure, not to mention a slight poser.

Seeing as how the vast majority of forum posters are in their late 20's to mid 40's, and a huge number of them on here like to work on their own cars, I think it's safe to say they all "work for a living", yet somehow find time to devote to their cars, because it's enjoyable. My 63 year old physician and attorney dad installs his own sway bars and chassis bracing when the weather is decent. It's a hobby within itself. Working has no impact on that.

You don't enjoy it/aren't knowledgeable, that's more than fine, but let's call the spade a spade.
Sulaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #81
CVSiN
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulaco View Post
No offense, I tried to stay out of this little skirmish up to now, but that just comes across as remarkably douchey and insecure, not to mention a slight poser.

Seeing as how the vast majority of forum posters are in their late 20's to mid 40's, and a huge number of them on here like to work on their own cars, I think it's safe to say they all "work for a living", yet somehow find time to devote to their cars, because it's enjoyable. My 63 year old physician and attorney dad installs his own sway bars and chassis bracing when the weather is decent. It's a hobby within itself. Working has no impact on that.

You don't enjoy it/aren't knowledgeable, that's more than fine, but let's call the spade a spade.
Who even said I was a "car expert" I'm a driver and a car enthusiast. That doesn't mean I can port a head or bore an engine or even figure out how to take an engine out of a modern car. I never claimed that.. You did. I'm a firm believer in shops that's what they are there for. I'm not going to tackle a custom audio install on my own anymore than I would an engine rebuild on my own.

I'm sure as hell not going to install my own stuff causing issues with CEL etc when I can retain warranties and drive the cushy loaner cars while grease monkeys do all of that for me.

I have far better things to do in my 40s now than spend it under a car. Like spending it DRIVING my car.
some may find that fun but I never really have. even back in the day I still paid friends to do my engine work for me.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #82
Viper GTS
Lifer

Quote:
Who even said I was a "car expert" I'm a driver and a car enthusiast. That doesn't mean I can port a head or bore an engine or even figure out how to take an engine out of a modern car. I never claimed that.. You did. I'm a firm believer in shops that's what they are there for. I'm not going to tackle a custom audio install on my own anymore than I would an engine rebuild on my own.

I'm sure as hell not going to install my own stuff causing issues with CEL etc when I can retain warranties and drive the cushy loaner cars while grease monkeys do all of that for me.

I have far better things to do in my 40s now than spend it under a car. Like spending it DRIVING my car.
some may find that fun but I never really have. even back in the day I still paid friends to do my engine work for me.
You know, for someone who is self professed to be 40+ buying their first new car you show a remarkable amount of disdain for a class of workers you are obviously not far removed from.

There's nothing wrong with not having the desire to work on your own car, I feel the same way about most car tasks. I can count on one hand the number of oil changes I have performed myself in my entire driving history. The difference is I don't go around talking about the 'grease monkeys' I pay to do it for me.

Viper GTS
Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #83
Zivic
Platinum Member

Quote:

Last memorial day I did a custom stereo install with a nice set of rainbow speakers with alpine HU, amp, and JL sub. didn't even get a CEL.

If you think I am trolling out of jealousy, you are mistaken -> I see your 450 hp boosted infiniti coupe and raise you a 550 hp twin turbo'd pump gas nissan coupe and a 535 hp evo.

Your camaro isn't a bad car, and I apologize if you think I am bad mouthing it. it is a decent performer. the looks are subjective and while some like the look, there are some, like me, that think it's ugly with a sub par, even by GM standards, interior. and then considering the price, I just don't see what is to get all excited about....

I get it, I am a jack@ss of some sorts, but jealous of your lack of wrenching abilities and or camaro; I am not.
Zivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #84
djnsmith7
Platinum Member

I used to do my oil changes on my Honda Accords, but would by no means consider myself a true Grease Monkey. Nothing wrong with doing your own work if you have the skills, tools & time. Don't knock the guys who do the work we don't want to or know how to do.
djnsmith7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #85
zCypher
Diamond Member

the camaro will always have a special place in my heart lol

very nice ride, you will no doubt have many good times with it.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #86
CVSiN
Diamond Member

Thanks to those that said nice things..
and a hearty FU to those that want to twist what people say to troll them to get a rise out of me.
Sure would like to know how on earth anyone gets from what I wrote that I hate motorheads and car technicians,
It worked you win.
you can have the thread.
I'm fucking done. ATOT Trolls win again.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #87
KentState
Diamond Member

I went away and this thread turned to shit.
PSN/XBL/Steam: bucknut2006
KentState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #88
Zivic
Platinum Member

Quote:
and a hearty FU to those that want to twist what people say to troll them to get a rise out of me.
Sure would like to know how on earth anyone gets from what I wrote that I hate motorheads and car technicians,
It worked you win.
you can have the thread.
oh come on now, we were all just about to get along...
Zivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #89
Sulaco
Platinum Member

Quote:
It worked you win.
you can have the thread.
Oh grow up, and stop acting like a petulant child.

You posted, and I quote,

Quote:
Why on earth would I want to work on my own car? I work for a living I sure as hell dont have time to work on my own car.
of course you take a car to a shop to get worked on and custom installs done.
That's ALL you said. That's ALL you gave us as to why you don't work on your car. So I called you on it. That's like saying "Of course I wouldn't work on or build my own PC! I work for a living. That's what Best Buy is for".

Guess what? We ALL work for a living. That has no bearing. There are half a dozen "Wrenching on my [insert car model here] today" threads from guys that all have full-time jobs.
You brought it up, not us, don't be condescending about it.

Seriously, get a thicker skin.
Sulaco is offline   Reply With Quote