· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Fanatical Meat
Diamond Member

Default Good riddance Impulse/GameStop Impulse

After much waiting for updates to happen that never do & resetting passwords then finally updating to new GameStop version of Impulse. I cannot wait to uninstall it, moved my games to Steam. I wanted to recover a Supreme Commander key that I can send to a friend hopefully it activates on Steam for him.
I've never had a good experience with GameStop I can't figure out how they are still in business, seriously I've had a couple of games gifted to me from GameStop and they either never arrive on time or exchanging them is nearly impossible. the only visit to GameStop that was almost was last xmas getting a game for my Nephew, they had it in stock but the transaction took forever to complete.

Rant complete
Fanatical Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
SunnyD
Belgian Waffler

Okay...?

This part confuses me:

Quote:
I wanted to recover a Supreme Commander key that I can send to a friend hopefully it activates on Steam for him.
What exactly does this have to do with Impulse? Do they give you Steam keys now or something?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Fanatical Meat
Diamond Member

Yes, I used a F/A key that I purchased from D2D and it gave me the gold version (F/A & Sup Com) I believe my original Sup Com key will do the same in steam. I believe it works for almost any key but the physical disks.
I originally purchased Sup Com 1 from Impulse.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
KaOTiK
Lifer

Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance were converted into Steamworks. They made it so that all retails keys will redeem on Steam now and will give you the gold version. A lot of the digital keys will give you the gold version as well but some wont and will just give you the one that it is suppose to.
KaOTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
marmasatt
Diamond Member

I'm going to totally hijack this to rant about a similar situation w/ Gamefly. I have a situation where my Gamefly account is banned because I disputed a charge. (Cliff notes, I did a trial period and cancelled the "day of" final day). They charged me on that day for the next month. I disputed and won w/ my credit card. Now, Gamely bought D2D. I can't access any of my D2D downloads because they won't let me open an account. I'm trying to tell them that "like it or not" we have a relationship and they need to give me access to games that I legally purchased. They are refusing me access to these games after 4 emails. Not sure what I can do...

Cheap Glucosamine anyone?
marmasatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
power_hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmasatt View Post
I'm going to totally hijack this to rant about a similar situation w/ Gamefly. I have a situation where my Gamefly account is banned because I disputed a charge. (Cliff notes, I did a trial period and cancelled the "day of" final day). They charged me on that day for the next month. I disputed and won w/ my credit card. Now, Gamely bought D2D. I can't access any of my D2D downloads because they won't let me open an account. I'm trying to tell them that "like it or not" we have a relationship and they need to give me access to games that I legally purchased. They are refusing me access to these games after 4 emails. Not sure what I can do...
That sucks. If you have any friends who are lawyers, maybe a letter indicating potential lawsuit. Gotta love how these jokers try to keep people from the stuff they paid for. Good luck bro.
power_hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
Bateluer
Lifer

Impulse used to be decent when it was owned by Stardock. Went downhill after it was sold off.
Bateluer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:23 AM   #8
tential
Golden Member

Gamestop is a joke. Especially with their console pre order system. A lot of my friends have been dumb enough to actually use the preorder system for gamestop to get a game on launch day. They're still waiting in line at 1 AM while I just walk up to walmart who moves people like clockwork and get it without a pre order.

I'd never use gamestop.
tential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #9
Fanatical Meat
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateluer View Post
Impulse used to be decent when it was owned by Stardock. Went downhill after it was sold off.
impulse was ok before game stop I remember having trouble finding stuff I knew they sold. The GameStop stuff magnifies all the crappiness.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:45 AM   #10
Fanatical Meat
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmasatt View Post
I'd go link below, State AG rep will write a letter asking D2D to explain their position. After that I'd bet you'll get an email that your account is no longer locked.
Glad I moved my one D2D game to steam also.

http://www.riag.state.ri.us/civil/consumer/
Old 01-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
Madia

I'm tempted to get the D&D ultra pack on sale but am wary of impulse:

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3220

Can I download the games and then uninstall impulse or do I have to run them via impulse like steam or origin?
Madia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
Fanatical Meat
Diamond Member

The original version from Stardock did not require impulse to play a game but I think I do remember that it needed to occasionally be installed or the game would prompt you to do so. I really doubt the gamestop morons could modify impulse that much.
Personally I found impulse difficult to find stuff, difficult to locate where your games are when you need to reinstall them, then gamestop added all this pop up garbage and made me sign up for a gamestop user name to update impulse.
Overall it wasn't that bad it was simply irritating then to have my least favorite game store added to the mix killed the prospect of me buying anything else from impulse.
I'd double check the Q&A at impulse to make sure.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
cmdrdredd
Lifer

Every game that i have ever gotten through gamestop and got the impulse key, I can redeem the key through steam anyway. However you first have to redeem it through the impulse software then get the digital key from the list of games and redeem that through steam before you install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tential View Post
Gamestop is a joke. Especially with their console pre order system. A lot of my friends have been dumb enough to actually use the preorder system for gamestop to get a game on launch day. They're still waiting in line at 1 AM while I just walk up to walmart who moves people like clockwork and get it without a pre order.

I'd never use gamestop.
I've seen Walmart not even have a game until it's been out for a week as well.
cmdrdredd is online now   Reply With Quote