Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #151
soulcougher73
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmypolitics View Post
For starters,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

- Tim McVeigh.

That's right, Tim McVeigh is making the argument that in the big scope of things, killing 168 people in OK City is no big deal. In that year it was probably a fraction of all deaths by car accidents and drowning in swimming pools, so why is everyone so outraged?
Well condicering car...big word here "accidents" and drownings are..again big word "accidents" versus planned murder of people.

Yeah not drawing the same conclusion youd like. Sorry.

Political Correctness: A doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Mike Gayner: Partisanship is the most retarded aspect of politics because it forces you to leave your brain at the door.
soulcougher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #152
Cerb
Elite Member

Quote:
For starters, owning a gun in modern america is not essential like it was in 19th century America. There are no wild Indians raiding settlements.
You're right. They've been replaced by black and hispanic gangs. Totally not worth having insurance against.
Quote:
There are no coyotes or wolves eating your livestock. We're largely urban/suburban.
Bullshit. Foxes, wolves, badgers, coyotes, possums, armadillos, bears, feral dogs, feral hogs, and more, are still very much a real problem, today. We may be largely urban/suburban, but you want to fuck people over, that aren't, apparently. Why? I've got vegetables in my fridge right now, from people that need to carry a sidearm when they go outside on their property, and not due to human threats. They aren't way off in the frontier--they're less than 10 miles from the city.

Hell, I'm in the middle of suburbia, and badgers, possums, and foxes are a serious problem. They aren't a real threat to me personally, but they have torn up some folks property, killed pets, etc.. We occasionally are warned to not let children play outside as it gets dark, due to the foxes, and occasional feral dogs. And this is in the suburbs, with lit streets, doors left unlocked, multiple supermarkets only a couple miles away, etc..

Try getting out into the rest of the USA, one day. You might be surprised by what it's like.
Cerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #153
Puddle Jumper
Platinum Member

Quote:
You could probably do a decent job at deterring crime with a six-shooter. No need for guns like the 5-7.
You do realize a. 357 is much more deadly than the tiny 5.7x28mm round right?

Thank you for continuing to display your ignorance about guns.

Puddle Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #154
exdeath
Lifer

[IMG]http://4**************.com/-c2PZOWUIN5E/UPgNMtkG3OI/AAAAAAAAFGc/LGsYt2V_Hx0/s1600/AR15-vs-Armored-police-tank.jpg[/IMG]
exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #155
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerb View Post
You're right. They've been replaced by black and hispanic gangs. Totally not worth having insurance against.Bullshit. Foxes, wolves, badgers, coyotes, possums, armadillos, bears, feral dogs, feral hogs, and more, are still very much a real problem, today. We may be largely urban/suburban, but you want to fuck people over, that aren't, apparently. Why? I've got vegetables in my fridge right now, from people that need to carry a sidearm when they go outside on their property, and not due to human threats. They aren't way off in the frontier--they're less than 10 miles from the city.

Hell, I'm in the middle of suburbia, and badgers, possums, and foxes are a serious problem. They aren't a real threat to me personally, but they have torn up some folks property, killed pets, etc.. We occasionally are warned to not let children play outside as it gets dark, due to the foxes, and occasional feral dogs. And this is in the suburbs, with lit streets, doors left unlocked, multiple supermarkets only a couple miles away, etc..

Try getting out into the rest of the USA, one day. You might be surprised by what it's like.
This, These gangs are extremely dangerous and people should be able to defend themselves against them
Incorruptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #156
Darwin333
Lifer

Quote:
You do realize that like the criminal justice system, mental health is on a sliding scale?
Yes.

Quote:
For instance, rather than hold individuals in prison, sometimes they are put on parole where they have to meet with an officer every so often. They also wear ankle bracelets to keep track of them.
I understand but that wasn't my point at all.
Quote:
For mental health, a significant part would have to be gun confiscation of certain people.
I don't think ANYONE has an issue with taking guns away from people who have been proven by some sort of measure to be batshit crazy. Not only do I not have a problem with it but I think it is something that we should strive to do better. With that said, that alone wouldn't have stopped the recent school shooting.

Furthermore, I think you might be a bit confused about the state of mental health in our country. For instance, do you realize that most people with severe mental health issues go untreated for long periods of time? Do you realize how hard it is to forcibly commit people that are completely batshit crazy for periods of time more than a few weeks at most? Do you realize that in some places you might only have a choice of a single mental health professional to see and how hard it is to get an appointment with that person? The list of things broken with our mental health system goes on and on.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. Edward Gibbon
Darwin333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #157
Darwin333
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivwshane View Post
Excellent, now name a republican that has a mental health bill in the works.
Shrug, I despise both parties. Do either party have a mental health bill in the works that doesn't include other shit like gun bans?

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. Edward Gibbon
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #158
Darwin333
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerang View Post
They'll strip away that right and every one they can for the good of the collective. Let them lambaste, belittle and berate us all they wish. Lefties think that the .gov backed down out of the kindness of their hearts. The rest of us know it was because we flexed a little muscle.
Sadly, so do the righties. The righties just want to strip different rights away from us. At the end of the day that leaves us with two groups of assholes who wish to strip our rights but each group wants to strip different rights which leaves us even more fucked.

IF you are a Republican please stop pretending that your side is some preserver of our rights and civil liberties. They may be on this one individual right but they are completely opposite (as are many of their sheeple) on many more equally important rights and liberties.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #159
airdata
Diamond Member

McVeigh was an MK Ultra test subject.

http://newworldslaughter.blogspot.co...sponsered.html

1JYdDv2YHXthtLjEiwtLSW9LjsN4ehQjkc
airdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #160
davmat787
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdata View Post
McVeigh was an MK Ultra test subject.

http://newworldslaughter.blogspot.co...sponsered.html
So was the UnaBomber, aka Ted Kazsynski. They really f'ed with peoples heads in that program, but I don't think it is in whole to blame by any means for their terrorist acts.

- Don't like my comments? Press ALT-F4 to load internet forum ignore tool option.
davmat787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #161
exdeath
Lifer

Quote:
You could probably do a decent job at deterring crime with a six-shooter. No need for guns like the 5-7.
Plenty of reasons to need a FiveSeven.

Its not a 9mm, 38, 357, 556, 308, 40, 45, for one. If you already have one or several of those, a FiveSeven is a unique addition.

Low recoil, perfect for women and children to shoot.

Do you want one, and can you afford it? If yes, you need it.
exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #162
micrometers
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exdeath View Post
Plenty of reasons to need a FiveSeven.

Its not a 9mm, 38, 357, 556, 308, 40, 45, for one. If you already have one or several of those, a FiveSeven is a unique addition.

Low recoil, perfect for women and children to shoot.

Do you want one, and can you afford it? If yes, you need it.
negatives -- FT Hood.

Good to see you enjoy the company of murderers.
micrometers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #163
irishScott
Lifer

Quote:
negatives -- FT Hood.

And if he had had a 9mm it would have made a difference? (This should be good)
irishScott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #164
Puddle Jumper
Platinum Member

Quote:
negatives -- FT Hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle Jumper View Post
You do realize a. 357 is much more deadly than the tiny 5.7x28mm round right?

Thank you for continuing to display your ignorance about guns.
Nice to see you ignoring any facts that get in the way of your delusional ranting.

Puddle Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #165
Doppel
Lifer

Quote:
negatives -- FT Hood.

Yep he sure does, just like armed police who may use the same weapon.

Are you resorting to rank trolling now in the absence of respectful debate?
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #166
irishScott
Lifer

Quote:
Nice to see you ignoring any facts that get in the way of your delusional ranting.
He's trolling. Karmy has no desire to contribute to a conversation. I picture him much like that troll a UK news agency tracked down. Overweight, smoking, wearing clothes that look like they came out of a good will dumpster, and hateful all around.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #167
micrometers
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishScott View Post
And if he had had a 9mm it would have made a difference? (This should be good)
If he had a six shooter, yes it would have been prevented.

The dude had 30 round extended magazines.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #168
micrometers
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
Yep he sure does, just like armed police who may use the same weapon.

Are you resorting to rank trolling now in the absence of respectful debate?
considering the "conversation" you guys had with Charles K, it's the only way.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #169
micrometers
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerb View Post
You're right. They've been replaced by black and hispanic gangs. Totally not worth having insurance against.Bullshit. Foxes, wolves, badgers, coyotes, possums, armadillos, bears, feral dogs, feral hogs, and more, are still very much a real problem, today. We may be largely urban/suburban, but you want to fuck people over, that aren't, apparently. Why? I've got vegetables in my fridge right now, from people that need to carry a sidearm when they go outside on their property, and not due to human threats. They aren't way off in the frontier--they're less than 10 miles from the city.

Oh, that was so not racist now was it? Black and hispanic gangs aren't going out targeting guys like you. They mainly prey on their own and fight over like drug territory. Not going to bother a stranger like you.

Of course some foxes still exist but you don't need 310 million firearms to deal with the dwindling population.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #170
Charles Kozierok
Elite Member

Hey, please leave me out of this. I spent time answering you seriously, and you basically ignored it and went right back to the association fallacies.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #171
irishScott
Lifer

Quote:
If he had a six shooter, yes it would have been prevented.

The dude had 30 round extended magazines.
Wait wait wait, so if he'd had 6 shots at a time, the entire shooting would have been prevented?

God you're so delightfully stupid. Seriously, I hope you get elected to congress. Even the gun banners will want to distance themselves from you.

Ever hear of speed loaders? Train a little and you can reload a revolver almost as fast as you can an auto. That's assuming he gave a fuck about following the law in the first place.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #172
irishScott
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesKozierok View Post
Hey, please leave me out of this. I spent time answering you seriously, and you basically ignored it and went right back to the association fallacies.
Taking Karmy seriously isn't worth it. He'll just end up ignoring you the moment you make a legitimate point.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #173
Cerb
Elite Member

Quote:
Oh, that was so not racist now was it? Black and hispanic gangs aren't going out targeting guys like you.
No, it wasn't. It's fact. Their background is used as a way to make their belonging in the group exclusive, to help reinforce dependence on the gang for emotional well-being. White and Asian gangs exist, too, but aren't much of a widespread problem, outside of our [broken] prison system. It is the nature of any gang to be exclusive, and use that exclusivity to allow those in its higher ranks to keep the gullible and needy under their control.

That the ones posing the greatest problems are black or latino is not racist at all. It is a consequence of their immigration and socioeconomic status, in the case of hispanics, and socioeconomic status and historical abuse and neglect, as a portion of society, in the case of blacks. Gangs that cause problems for the public are going to be mostly of minorities, because of racism. Pointing out that they are of those minorities, however, is no more racist than pointing out that white supremacist groups have been a problem in the Upper Midwest. It's just how it is.

Quote:
They mainly prey on their own and fight over like drug territory. Not going to bother a stranger like you.
Unless you've got something they want, or your house just looks like a good place to rob. Or, maybe you're stuck in the middle somewhere, getting gas, or depositing a check. Whatever. Point is, there is societal turbulence, and you are responsible for defending yourself against it, if any spills over to you. You are also empowered to, in most states, and that is fundamentally the correct way to handle it.

Quote:
Of course some foxes still exist but you don't need 310 million firearms to deal with the dwindling population.
How many there are is irrelevant. The one you have that is effective is all that matters. To have one effective at any given point in time, it would be helpful to have 2, or maybe 3. It doesn't matter how many other people have. That's their business, as long as they are not of a class that has shown themselves to be untrustworthy with them (certain felons, and crazies).

Last edited by Cerb; 01-23-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Cerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #174
micrometers
Diamond Member

speed loaders are still slower than 30 round magazine changes.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #175
Londo_Jowo
Lifer

Quote:
He changed sides so many times in the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin thread that I lost count. I'm beginning to think he may be bi-polar.
Londo_Jowo is online now   Reply With Quote