· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 06-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #26
Bruno34Slifer
Banned

Hi all!
i need all the help i can regarding one issue...

I bought the Asus P8Z77 Deluxe board because i was quite fascinated by the Wifi Go functions in the board.

Now that i bought it, i am quite .... pissed....hahahhah

Ok, i installed the Wifi Go in my PC, Wifi Go Remote in my Android devices.

Wifi Go in my PC cant even connect to Windows Media Player. It couldn't read the playlist nor the library. And yes, i'd enabled remote control in my WMP.

As for Wifi Go Remote, well, it's the same issue. cant connect even though it can detect my WMP, saying it's online. But when i fetch the playlist, it's empty. I wanted to do the remote desktop, it just said "Waiting to connect" then an IP address, and the countdown timer just stuck at 20s, sometimes, 15s....

none of my android devices are able to connect. FYI, i'm using the latest version 1.018 as recommended by Asus and Windows 7 64bit

thx fellas for your help!

Last edited by Harvey; 03-04-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Bruno34Slifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #27
BrandonT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno34Slifer View Post
Hi all!
i need all the help i can regarding one issue...

I bought the Asus P8Z77 Deluxe board because i was quite fascinated by the Wifi Go functions in the board.

Now that i bought it, i am quite .... pissed....hahahhah

Ok, i installed the Wifi Go in my PC, Wifi Go Remote in my Android devices.

Wifi Go in my PC cant even connect to Windows Media Player. It couldn't read the playlist nor the library. And yes, i'd enabled remote control in my WMP.

As for Wifi Go Remote, well, it's the same issue. cant connect even though it can detect my WMP, saying it's online. But when i fetch the playlist, it's empty. I wanted to do the remote desktop, it just said "Waiting to connect" then an IP address, and the countdown timer just stuck at 20s, sometimes, 15s....

none of my android devices are able to connect. FYI, i'm using the latest version 1.018 as recommended by Asus and Windows 7 64bit

thx fellas for your help!

Maybe check that the PC firewall isn't blocking connection? Other than that I don't know. Wifi Go was intriguing to me too, but I don't have time to hassle with all these issues so I just uninstalled all the Asus software. HWmonitor does my temps-which read the cpu correctly. I use Splashtop for remote log in (stupid easy to setup) with apps for both PC and android. And for media streaming I was already a user of J River which is far superior to WMP, and has android apps too, so I can sit on my patio drinking a beer while controlling my htpc music being played with a 7" Samsung tablet. USB 3.0 Boost is really the only functionality I lost, and I'm not sure that is a big loss.
BrandonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #28
santilmo

I'd like to revive this thread... I am also using P8Z77-V... No issues and headaches except today...

Background:
- 2 days ago, I noticed that I am having difficulty getting into the BIOS and when I do, the keyboard won't work (USB keyboard plugged in to the USB KB port at the back of course)... So I thought it was stability issues, I checked for some BIOS updates and I saw 1805 (been using 1206 for quite a while)... But somehow that didn't resolve the issue... I tried out another USB KB and it still sometimes take so long to get into the BIOS but at least now the KB works while inside UEFI...

Moving on, I reinstalled Windows (7 HP SP1) so I also had plans to refresh my OS as I normally do every year... for some reason, I can't install IRST now (saying it does not meet any requirements)... I don't know what I am doing wrong as I did not do anything except update the BIOS beforehand... Before I reinstalled Windows, IRST was working fine...

Tried the one from the motherbaord CD, same message... Tried the version I previously used, same message... Tried the latest one from Intel, same message... And yes, BIOS is set to AHCI... This is the third time I reinstalled Windows for the day and I am getting really frustrated as it is still not working and my SSD is getting worn out unnecessarily...

What did I do wrong?

Intel Core i5 3570K | 2nd Gen Corsair H60 + 2 SP120's in Push/Pull | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 8GB (4x2) | Asus GeForce GTX 660 DC2 TOP | Intel 330 180GB + WD Scorpio Blue 1TB | On-Board Realtek ALC898 + Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3| Logitech Z-5500 | Seasonic X-560 | Fractal Design Node 304
santilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
coffeejunkee
Golden Member

You might have to do the Intel Management Engine Firmware upgrade. And maybe install Intel Management Engine Interface as well. Both available from Asus site.
coffeejunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #30
santilmo

^^ I didn't do that one yet (FW upgrade...). Let me try it real quick...

Intel Core i5 3570K | 2nd Gen Corsair H60 + 2 SP120's in Push/Pull | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866 8GB (4x2) | Asus GeForce GTX 660 DC2 TOP | Intel 330 180GB + WD Scorpio Blue 1TB | On-Board Realtek ALC898 + Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3| Logitech Z-5500 | Seasonic X-560 | Fractal Design Node 304
Old 01-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #31
santilmo

Same problem... this is getting so frustrating...

Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #32
Raincity
Diamond Member

Did you enable IRST in the bios after the bios flash? IRST is not enabled by default in the bios.
Raincity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #33
santilmo

^^ sorry i may have overlooked this but where is this option? i can see we have the same board...

i can only see the "Rapid Start", and no "Rapid Storage"... that is not the same right?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #34
santilmo

Help guys... This is driving me nuts?!

I can't see any reason why it's not installing since there are no hardware changes, I just reinstalled Windows (clean reinstallation)... Except that i have BIOS 1805 now... but I don't see that to be a reason... even if BIOS set to default (I didn't do any optimization), still it won't install...

Old 01-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #35
santilmo

Help guys... This is driving me nuts?!

I can't see any reason why it's not installing since there are no hardware changes, I just reinstalled Windows (clean reinstallation)... Except that i have BIOS 1805 now... but I don't see that to be a reason... even if BIOS set to default (I didn't do any optimization), still it won't install...

Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #36
Raincity
Diamond Member

Sorry I was thinking IRST stood for Intel Rapid Start Tech. I remember having the same problem on this machine and using the Asus RST download. I ended up install installing the ACHI SATA drivers using the RST download from Intel http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...ws+7+(64-bit)*
Raincity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #37
santilmo

Let me give this a try...

Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #38
santilmo

I'll be damned....

I downloaded the latest BIOS again along with some previous versions and then I compared the file contents. Notice that the latest version only has 1 file inside it... when I updated my BIOS to the latest version, I renamed it just like the way I did it on previous versions then saved it to a FAT32 formated USB drive and then I used Asus BIOS flashback option...

Intrigued why the latest BIOS package contains only 1 file, I went ahead re-flashed the BIOS (1805), using the same method, but this time I didn't rename the BIOS file... and VIOLA?! IRST is now installing fine and working as it should...

Deym this is the longest troubleshooting I had so far! Only slept 3 hours then woke up again to continue the "madness"?!

Now it would be another few more hours to install back everything and optimize... Oh well, the life of an enthusiast as they say!?

Old 01-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #39
bankster55
Golden Member

ASUS is the worst company in this regard. They are constantly changing things with no explanation whatsoever. I have often said that without the internet ASUS could sell no mobo - no one could figure it out on their own.

First of all, the renamer is for Flashback mode ONLY
The onboard offline programmer only responds to a specific callout and that only.

Like for Z77 V Pro its Z77VP.cap
So you take any bios you wish up or down and rename it so that the offline flasher can utilize it. You can even flash with no CPU or RAM - +5VSB.

Now for the naming renaming of bios using EZ Flash 2 in bios/tools, its also a mess. I just flashed a V Pro from 1616 to 1805. I was able to flash the 1616 from my NTFS HDD without renaming - as is. When I tried the same proceedure on the 1805 flash, I got the this is not a UEFI bios error. WTF?
So I renamed the bios to 1805.cap and put it on a FAT32 USB 2.0 stick and put it in a rear INTEL USB 2.0 port., and it went fine. I am guessing not renaming would also work - have to try that on next V Pro. Then after the flash it just sat there with a black screen for about 20 seconds. I was tempted to manual shutdown, but I know better with ASUS, and sure enough after a while the ASUS logo appeared. I just know people will be aborting the flash prior to proper time.
I actually have ~8000 AT posts, was in first group to join Sep. 99 (text only format) - just too lazy to import my info. In fact, its kinda nice to be anonymous. Remember those live meet and greet other local AT members OT threads?

bankster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #40
santilmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankster55 View Post
ASUS is the worst company in this regard. They are constantly changing things with no explanation whatsoever.
I agree... they should not change something all of a sudden without giving proper instructions or notice.

Oh well, at least it didn't brick my motherboard... I am thinking now of ditching this and go for Gigabyte instead since I am also pondering on going for a micro ATX setup (G1 Sniper M is on my mind).

By the way, I don't know if it's just mine or my USB keyboard, but I really have difficulty getting into the BIOS by hitting either DEL or F2. It takes some time and when it does, my USB keyboard won't work inside the BIOS/UEFI (I have to unplug it and re-plug it before it works again).

Old 01-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #41
bankster55
Golden Member

There was one or two bios that made it almost impossible to get into bios. You had to repeatedly hit the del key very quickly at the exact right time. The next bios fixed it. The original workaround was to hit the DEL key on the NUMBERPAD.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=589

You can also go to store and buy a cheap Logitech $15 KB to try and see if its a detection issue with your device.

Then theres the USB 3.0 legacy bios setting, when enabled can cause you many many issues. It can also get you into trouble when loading O/S from USB, since you can USE USB 3.0, but you cant boot from it like for install without drivers, Thats the famous driver missing error message on O/S install welcome screen fail, since there are no drivers for it on Win 7. Same thing for DVD install when KB/Mouse used are USB 3.0 and USB 3.0 legacy is disabled. Its happening all over again with Win 8 - people saying they cant install it no matter what they do. Even now, there are no USB 3.0 Win 8 drivers - period, except the ones on the DVD.
All they need is el cheapo KB/Mouse USB 2.0 both in INTEL rear panel 2.0 ports with USB 3.0 legacy disabled in bios which stops any 3.0 use attempt, forcing any USB 3.0 device to run as USB 2.0.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1739318

You should carefully study the rear port schematic in manual to make sure you are putting it in an Intel USB 2.0 port. For example, on the V Pro the PS2 port turned out to be non functional with certain bios. And the V Pro has topmost 2 USB ports as USB 3.0 and the 2 USB 2.0 are beneath them (boobytrap)
So the variables are:
>USB device is 2.0 or 3.0
>Booting speed, USB devices must line themselves up
>USB hardware like cardreaders or external hubs (monitor) conflicts
>USB device used for data transfer or booting or booting for install
>USB device detectable or detects intermittently to line up fast enough in the USB boot Que (fast boot/incompatible device)
>USB device in Intel 2.0 port in rear or ASM 3.0 port or Intel 3.0 port or PS2 port with adapter
>USB 3.0 legacy setting enabled/disabled
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...46&postcount=7

Can also be a stick of RAM not properly seated all the way down and level. A coupla run of memtest 86+ might show something, like one stick a bit dodgy.

Too high overclock (voltage)

Setting fast boot on boot page can rush things too much

Fancy $100 gaming mouse/KB

etc etc
I actually have ~8000 AT posts, was in first group to join Sep. 99 (text only format) - just too lazy to import my info. In fact, its kinda nice to be anonymous. Remember those live meet and greet other local AT members OT threads?

Last edited by bankster55; 01-21-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #42
nature1ders

The ASUS Suite II is flawed in many ways.

Examples include:

Setting fixed RPM modes for the fans then rebooting results in them defaulting to Smart Mode. Why?

Setting CPU Power Phase Control to anything but standard then rebooting results in it being on Standard again, as if no settings here are saved once rebooting is done. Why?

Fan Xpert 2 only supports 4 different fan settings, but my motherboard has 5 headers. So I install 3 non PWM fans, then 1 PWM fan for the CPU, what do I get? It controls the 3 non PWM fans but refuses to control the PWM one too. It appears that if you mix the fan types it gets confused, that's my opinion anyway. This is a software program there is no sense to having 4 profiles when there are 5 fan headers, and what's worse is when I autotune I can hear it adjusting and lowering the RPM's for all of them! Absurd the software doesn't show it.

Those are just some of the issues with it. Makes me wonder did they even try it before releasing it.
nature1ders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #43
santilmo

Quote:
There was one or two bios that made it almost impossible to get into bios. You had to repeatedly hit the del key very quickly at the exact right time. The next bios fixed it.
I have had similar issues like this and I thought it was just my USB keyboard... It's like a hit or miss thing when everytime you go into the BIOS... i even thought if just getting a PS/2 keyboard as I've read the link, that too is not working...

I have 1805 BIOS now and it is still kind of difficult to get to the BIOS... however, at least another cheapo USB keyboard I have works better than my A4Tech keyboard...

I thought it was just me...

What's happening to Asus nowadays...

Old 01-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #44
bankster55
Golden Member

I had the 1616 bios for my V Pro and things were pretty much as expected, then the 1708 bios came out and i saw several issues with it on the various forums so I skipped that one. Then 1805 came out and one guy posted that it was stable and he actually ran same clocks with lower voltage. So on that single post I foolishly installed it and had many issues . For example on "auto" CPU VCore I was getting 1.448 V with spikes to 1.484, something I had never seen before (3570K 3770K (@4.4GHz)

Obviously those voltages were totally unacceptable under any condition and any attempt at minus offset gave immediate BSOD's. Tried -.06 .04, .020. So I went back and asked the guy what his voltages were and he said 1.4V "rock solid" for only a 4.4OC, which is also unacceptable. For the first time since the inception of 1155 mobo I had to do a manual VCore.
Started at 1.300, which worked fine, then 1.290, then 1.280 - all working. Setting LLC at "high" (droop) that left me at 1.286 at idle and 1.274 at load in CPUID at 4.4GHz - .012 droop. Also had to set PLL overclock at enabled this time around. Core temp showed VID at 1.256 at that overclock, so I have more room to move down it would seem.

Set Vcore 1.280 in manual mode, HIGH LLC, PLL O/C enabled, Boots and in CPUID it shows 1.286, 1.272 under load

The other known issues with 1805 are:
Bios settings not sticking, Change options and they revert right back upon boot back to bios.
Bios settings going wacky on their own, weird settings with no input by user
Realtemp conflict when running
IGPU HDMI doesnt work
ErP powersaving blocked
SLI doesnt work with CSM disabled

To sum up:
1616 is O.K., but 1504 is golden
1708 has the screwey bios settings thingy
1805 should be avoided, has the screwey bios issues plus more.

This is just a generalized post on how dif bios affect mobo issues, not an invitation on my part to discuss overclocking itself. And if this or that bios works perfect for others reading this, then just count yourself blessed.

Last edited by bankster55; 01-22-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:57 AM   #45
santilmo

Quote:
The other known issues with 1805 are:
Bios settings not sticking, Change options and they revert right back upon boot back to bios.
Very true, had this issue too... that's why I just stopped tinkering with my BIOS now...

Quote:
To sum up:
1616 is O.K., but 1504 is golden
Is it possible to roll back to the older versions?

Old 01-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #46
bankster55
Golden Member

Yes, ASUS flashback has the ability to do that, and if I recall correctly, all the ASUS Z77 mobo have that module. You rename the cap file to a mobo specific name so the onboard programmer can react to it. It will only flash that name from that mobo.

However there is a much more reliable foolproof way to do it, and one I most highly recommend - the CodeRush modded Intel FTK tool:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1726429
>Please read whole thread

Edit:
HF seems to be down for maint at this time

Last edited by bankster55; 01-21-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #47
santilmo

Ok... Will check that one out...

I did, however, actually try to flash it back (via USB) to the previous version I had before updating but it said that it was an obsolete version something (can't recall the exact wordings)...

Old 01-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #48
bankster55
Golden Member

Yes, thats right. You cant use any other ASUS flash method to downflash - ONLY the flashback mode
A FAT32 USB 2.0 stick 8GB or less with bios you wish to use renamed to Z77VB.cap naked in root of USB with PC off. If you download and look in the mobo PDF manual you will see in I/O plate diagram that you place stick in bottom BLUE USB port near audio ports and press button on bottom of mobo until it starts. In the PDF just go to edit/find and type in flashback and hit next several times.

One should also set legacy USB 2.0 in bios as enabled and USB 3.0 legacy in bios as disabled.

>And HF site is working again

Last edited by bankster55; 01-21-2013 at 05:00 AM.