Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Software > Console Gaming

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Home and Garden
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #451
z1ggy
Diamond Member
 
z1ggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
To be honest, I've only played one CoD campaign. Black Ops 1, and it's because I was up late and my internet went out. I haven't touched another campaign. I only buy it for Online Multiplayer.

I've also been pretty much exclusively HC TDM, but in BO2, I've migrated towards HC KC as there is nearly 3x as many XP given out per match. I haven't scored less than 20 kills since I switched to KC. Much less camping with the drive to pick up the tags.
I'm the same. I don't even bother with campaign...purely multi player. Are there any fun mods this time around (besides zombie...although I read this time you can do it online with others?)? Generally speaking, no matter how good the game is, after a month or so, I get sick of the traditional HC type play and tend to flock to cool mods. Like I said before...I loved the obscurity mod that they had in COD4. I played that for an entire summer before I went back to college. I'd love for something like that to come around again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashiker View Post
My body, my choice. I should not be forced to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashiker View Post
How I live my life is none of your business.
z1ggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #452
coldmeat
Diamond Member
 
coldmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ON, CA
Posts: 9,178
Default

Finally got around to playing the game a bit. I like some things, but overall I like Black Ops 1 better I think. This went a little bit too far in the MW direction.

Gun game and sticks and stones is where I spend most of my time playing, and I just don't like it in this game as much as #1. The projectiles (ballistic knife, crossbow, and hatchet) all move too fast now, and the timer on the crossbow bolts is too fast, and it seems near impossible to get a kill without sticking someone.

edit: just noticed you don't seem to get any warning before a lightning strike. It goes "enemy lightning strike inco- BOOM"
__________________


Last edited by coldmeat; 01-05-2013 at 08:46 PM.
coldmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #453
Malak
Lifer
 
Malak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,690
Default

coldmeat you are just getting old, everything seems faster and you can't keep up. Time to retire.
__________________
"I can see the end because I've been where you've begun"
"Sort of like two-face, my fight is with me man. One side is Skeletor, the other side is He-man."
"Few people like to hear about your faith. Most feel threatened that you are trying to convert them even if you aren't. Although they will work hard to convert you just the same." -Moshquerade
Malak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #454
Gunslinger08
Lifer
 
Gunslinger08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,114
Default

I finished the campaign last night. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It drags in the beginning, but I felt like it really picked up. The last few levels are especially intense. I really liked the crazy futuristic sniper rifles.

I played MP for about an hour. Seems exactly like every other CoD game since 4. Haven't gotten to play Nuketown yet, which was my favorite map in the last one.
Gunslinger08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #455
Abe Froman
Golden Member
 
Abe Froman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,051
Default

They also added time to the lightning strike recently in an update.
__________________
μολὼν λαβέ
Abe Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #456
dougp
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
They also added time to the lightning strike recently in an update.
That's bullshit. You get like 1 or 2 seconds warning - I tend to see the plane before I hear anything.
dougp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #457
bucwylde23
Diamond Member
 
bucwylde23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cupertino
Posts: 4,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougp View Post
That's bullshit. You get like 1 or 2 seconds warning - I tend to see the plane before I hear anything.
It used to come in quite a bit faster than it does now. It was almost instantaneous when you selected the last bomb site and it was already there. The warning itself wasn't really the issue it was more of increasing the time between calling it in and it actually landing from what I understand.
bucwylde23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #458
dougp
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post
It used to come in quite a bit faster than it does now. It was almost instantaneous when you selected the last bomb site and it was already there. The warning itself wasn't really the issue it was more of increasing the time between calling it in and it actually landing from what I understand.
I know that, but it wasn't really much of an improvement.

I've started playing HCKC with pistols ... the Five-seven is stupid strong.
dougp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #459
coldmeat
Diamond Member
 
coldmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ON, CA
Posts: 9,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak View Post
coldmeat you are just getting old, everything seems faster and you can't keep up. Time to retire.
I'm 24 and still play BO1.
__________________

coldmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #460
Malak
Lifer
 
Malak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmeat View Post
I'm 24 and still play BO1.
So you were 24 in the 60's, that means you are in your 80's in BO2. You must be the ornery guy in the wheelchair then.
__________________
"I can see the end because I've been where you've begun"
"Sort of like two-face, my fight is with me man. One side is Skeletor, the other side is He-man."
"Few people like to hear about your faith. Most feel threatened that you are trying to convert them even if you aren't. Although they will work hard to convert you just the same." -Moshquerade
Malak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #461
sygyzy
Lifer
 
sygyzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 14,001
Default

Yesterday a friend and I played a standard Domination game (not Hardcore or League play or anything). It was 7 v 5. Yes you read that right. Seven vs Five for the entire game and it played out just like a normal game. Has anyone ever seen this?

BTW, we were on the side with five (not a team) and we won.
__________________
Peace!
Sygyzy
joshspear
The Perfect Cup of Tea (How-To)
sygyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #462
Sixguns
Platinum Member
 
Sixguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NM
Posts: 2,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
Yesterday a friend and I played a standard Domination game (not Hardcore or League play or anything). It was 7 v 5. Yes you read that right. Seven vs Five for the entire game and it played out just like a normal game. Has anyone ever seen this?

BTW, we were on the side with five (not a team) and we won.
Ive had that happen in MW2, BO1, MW3 but have yet to see it in BO2. I started back up with this a few days ago after over a month off and am hooked again!
__________________
Go big or go small...
XBL- xX 6guns Xx

Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #463
hellfire88
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 7,733
Default

Anyone try the "Revolution" DLC yet? I've been having a good time with this game as its a good "quick pick up and go for a few rounds" multiplayer game since I don't have as much time nowadays for a non-stop 4hr gaming session (MMOs etc.). Thinking of dropping $50 for the CO BO2 Season pass.
hellfire88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #464
ronbo613
Senior Member
 
ronbo613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia River Gorge
Posts: 517
Default

The Revolution DLC pack is a welcome addition to the game. It might just be me, but the maps seem smaller, but with more going on. The skatepark/X Games type map is cool, but seems small, the Hydro map is cool with the underground water deal going on. Downhill is a ski area, seems similar to the Summit Map on Black Ops, Mirage is a bigger map in the desert.
To me, these maps are more "run and gun" than anything else. I sure hardcore snipers will find somewhere to hide, but this map pack is more about close quarter action.
Too bad Xbox Live had a major system malfunction last night on the Revolution DLC opening day, didn't get to play all that much or try the new "Peacekeeper" weapon.
__________________
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC
Crucial MX100 256 GB | 3 - WD 1TB RE4 | 2 - Samsung 2TB HD204UI | 2 - HGST 4TB Coolspin
Corsair TX750 750w | Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Synology DS212j w 2 2TB WD Red
Website | Blog
ronbo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #465
Sixguns
Platinum Member
 
Sixguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NM
Posts: 2,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo613 View Post
Too bad Xbox Live had a major system malfunction last night on the Revolution DLC opening day, didn't get to play all that much or try the new "Peacekeeper" weapon.
That crap was annoying last night. I dont see myself getting the DLC because a lot of my friends never get it so its a waste of money for me since I hardly get to play them. A buddy of mine got it and he was mad because he couldnt use the new gun with us since none of us had the DLC.
__________________
Go big or go small...
XBL- xX 6guns Xx

Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #466
thegimp03
Diamond Member
 
thegimp03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,397
Default

The skate park map would be fun with RC-XD's I imagine. Does anyone know if the Peacekeeper weapon is limited to DLC maps only?
thegimp03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #467
fbrdphreak
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 17,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegimp03 View Post
The skate park map would be fun with RC-XD's I imagine. Does anyone know if the Peacekeeper weapon is limited to DLC maps only?
The only limit to the Peacekeeper is including it in your custom classes. You must have the DLC to put it in a custom class. It can be used in any map or playlist and picked up by anyone. No weird bugginess around people not having the same DLC, with the weapon at least.
__________________
My old ride | My new ride | I am one of the few, proud Xbox One owners.
fbrdphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #468
Sixguns
Platinum Member
 
Sixguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NM
Posts: 2,078
Default

Like I said earlier, a friend of mine could not use the new gun while in a party with us because we did not have the DLC. Not sure if that has changed since last night though.
__________________
Go big or go small...
XBL- xX 6guns Xx

Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #469
hellfire88
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 7,733
Default

Glad I wasn't the only one having issues last night on Live. To me the Peacekeeper is kinda meh. The maps are OK but nothing special
hellfire88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #470
Regs
Lifer
 
Regs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,196
Default

http://youtu.be/lfvdFv2aDXo

I kind of pissed my pants listening to this guy. Loads of swear words, so not exactly work safe. He's playing it on PS3, and I find it funny that we see the game problems on PC. The lag comp and spawn systems are a joke. There is also major glitching, where the hit boxes don't even follow the animated character on the screen. So you can shoot just to the right of the guy and count as a direct hit, but hit him dead center and it would count as an off target shot.

The whole game turned to hell for me. It took awhile, and I gave the game a decent shot, but it's not getting any better. Every match is just so god awful inconsistent - one minute I'm a gun toadding demigod and the next match I'm slower than a 3-legged horse .

6 vs 6 is also shit, because if you have half decent stats, the match maker system puts you with kids that like pretty colors or old men who lost their flanges in Vietnam. You only need one person on your team to go 1-15 and you're sunk.

And even if the FOV set high, you still cant shit peripherally. You run pass people and don't even see them! It's like I'm wearing one of those white dog cones.
__________________
Edit: I Always edit my messages"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down."
Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Regs; 01-31-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Regs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #471
fbrdphreak
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 17,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regs View Post
http://youtu.be/lfvdFv2aDXo

I kind of pissed my pants listening to this guy. Loads of swear words, so not exactly work safe. He's playing it on PS3, and I find it funny that we see the game problems on PC. The lag comp and spawn systems are a joke. There is also major glitching, where the hit boxes don't even follow the animated character on the screen. So you can shoot just to the right of the guy and count as a direct hit, but hit him dead center and it would count as an off target shot.

The whole game turned to hell for me. It took awhile, and I gave the game a decent shot, but it's not getting any better. Every match is just so god awful inconsistent - one minute I'm a gun toadding demigod and the next match I'm slower than a 3-legged horse .

6 vs 6 is also shit, because if you have half decent stats, the match maker system puts you with kids that like pretty colors or old men who lost their flanges in Vietnam. You only need one person on your team to go 1-15 and you're sunk.

And even if the FOV set high, you still cant shit peripherally. You run pass people and don't even see them! It's like I'm wearing one of those white dog cones.
COD lag has always been hit or miss. It is always worse in the beginning. It has gotten better. Sounds more like your problem (or a PC problem). On the whole I have good experiences. I still don't like the competitive matching, but otherwise I enjoy it, esp with a party.

Re: Peacekeeper
I think I will end up using this in non-TDM game modes for run and gun on bigger maps. It's fire rate is too slow to win in CQB and the silencer penalty on SMG's with the latest patch is too great for medium to long range shots IMO. Since playing TDM without a silencer is almost a death sentence, I don't think I will use it there.

FYI to all: Double weapon XP this weekend http://www.codblackopsblog.com/black...-february-1st/
__________________
My old ride | My new ride | I am one of the few, proud Xbox One owners.
fbrdphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #472
Gunslinger08
Lifer
 
Gunslinger08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regs View Post
http://youtu.be/lfvdFv2aDXo

I kind of pissed my pants listening to this guy. Loads of swear words, so not exactly work safe. He's playing it on PS3, and I find it funny that we see the game problems on PC. The lag comp and spawn systems are a joke. There is also major glitching, where the hit boxes don't even follow the animated character on the screen. So you can shoot just to the right of the guy and count as a direct hit, but hit him dead center and it would count as an off target shot.

The whole game turned to hell for me. It took awhile, and I gave the game a decent shot, but it's not getting any better. Every match is just so god awful inconsistent - one minute I'm a gun toadding demigod and the next match I'm slower than a 3-legged horse .

6 vs 6 is also shit, because if you have half decent stats, the match maker system puts you with kids that like pretty colors or old men who lost their flanges in Vietnam. You only need one person on your team to go 1-15 and you're sunk.

And even if the FOV set high, you still cant shit peripherally. You run pass people and don't even see them! It's like I'm wearing one of those white dog cones.
That guy cares way too much. If you don't like the game, don't play it and stop buying each new iteration.

Being someone who understands programming and networking, I know how difficult it is to compensate for latency, especially in a very fast paced game with 12-18 players. I play on PC and I'm pretty terrible, but I still have fun. I notice the lag issues in some of my killcams, but it really doesn't bother me. I'm not playing for money or pride - just trying to have some fun. The penalty for death in most CoD modes is so minor that I really don't care.
Gunslinger08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #473
Gunslinger08
Lifer
 
Gunslinger08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrdphreak View Post
FYI to all: Double weapon XP this weekend http://www.codblackopsblog.com/black...-february-1st/
Sweet. Maybe I'll be able to unlock select fire for the Chicom this weekend.
Gunslinger08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #474
ronbo613
Senior Member
 
ronbo613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia River Gorge
Posts: 517
Default

I'm not an expert player by any means, but I'm a bit frustrated. I can come up on somebody from behind, empty a clip into them from a foot away and they turn around and kill me with one shot.
Some of the problem is me thinking I'm hitting everything I aim at, which I admit is not the case, but some of the problem is either COD server/connection lag or my relatively slow 3.0/3.0Mbps internet connection. I live in a rural area, that's about as fast as I can get. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing the game a second behind everyone else. When I watch kill replays, sometimes my weapon doesn't even fire before I am killed, even though in "my" game, I was firing as much as the guy who killed me.
__________________
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P | i7-860 2.8Ghz | 16G Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 | Asus GTX 750 Ti OC
Crucial MX100 256 GB | 3 - WD 1TB RE4 | 2 - Samsung 2TB HD204UI | 2 - HGST 4TB Coolspin
Corsair TX750 750w | Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Synology DS212j w 2 2TB WD Red
Website | Blog
ronbo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #475
fbrdphreak
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 17,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo613 View Post
I'm not an expert player by any means, but I'm a bit frustrated. I can come up on somebody from behind, empty a clip into them from a foot away and they turn around and kill me with one shot.
Some of the problem is me thinking I'm hitting everything I aim at, which I admit is not the case, but some of the problem is either COD server/connection lag or my relatively slow 3.0/3.0Mbps internet connection. I live in a rural area, that's about as fast as I can get. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing the game a second behind everyone else. When I watch kill replays, sometimes my weapon doesn't even fire before I am killed, even though in "my" game, I was firing as much as the guy who killed me.
That sucks man. Try to ensure you're playing a game mode with more users (TDM, Domination, etc). Stay away from the mercenary or bonus playlists. This way there's a better chance the host will be near you.

It is also a possibility that between the weapon & distance/aim and the other player having good reaction & aim that you simply are being outgunned. Many a time have I started to get hit, turned, and taken the person out.

You can also try limiting connection searching to Best only. If you don't have any great connections though, it will just mean it takes longer to search with no benefit. Change this by pressing X on the main menu, where you can select lobbies and classes and such. It should say Press X for Search Preferences or something like that in the bottom corner of the screen.
__________________
My old ride | My new ride | I am one of the few, proud Xbox One owners.
fbrdphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black ops 2, call of duty, treyarch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.