Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Off Topic

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals
· Free Stuff
· Contests and Sweepstakes
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #76
purbeast0
Lifer
 
purbeast0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 35,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
So, I've run into black people who say Rob was trying to point out the fact that RG3 isn't really a black man because he has so much to give black community but he chooses to be with a white woman. What kind of message is he sending to his family. He has sisters who are black...etc.

And IF that was what Rob was trying to say, I somewhat agree. However, I don't give two squirts about his tastes in women and I don't believe he has a specific duty to date black women. He is still a great representation of a successful black male regardless. I only agree that maybe he is sending the wrong message to black women who have a hard time finding good men because they are all dating white,asian,or Latinas.

I know a lot of black females that have a specific issue with successful black men refusing to date within their race. Kanye West said it perfectly "and when he gets on, he gon leave yo ass for a white girl". This seems to be the case whenever I see a black guy doing well for himself, if he isn't single...his spouse/gf/whatever is almost always not black.

Speaking of successful black people, I need to find me a white man so I can be a Cornball Sister.
this is one of the dumbest fucking posts i've ever seen on this forum. quoting it just in case you want to edit it.

he is really a black man, 100%, because he has black fucking skin.

and the message he's sending to his family is to do what you want to do and not give a shit about what racist people think.

i'm a white male and have only had 2 serious girlfriends in my life. first was half jamaican/half russian. my current wife who i've been with for 10 years is nicaraguan.

so by your assessment i must be an awful guy setting a terrible example for my sister, mother, step sister, step mother, 13 female cousins and 12 aunts.

good thing i don't care what racists like yourself think.
purbeast0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #77
KevinCU
Senior Member
 
KevinCU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
So, I've run into black people who say Rob was trying to point out the fact that RG3 isn't really a black man because he has so much to give black community but he chooses to be with a white woman. What kind of message is he sending to his family. He has sisters who are black...etc.

And IF that was what Rob was trying to say, I somewhat agree. However, I don't give two squirts about his tastes in women and I don't believe he has a specific duty to date black women. He is still a great representation of a successful black male regardless. I only agree that maybe he is sending the wrong message to black women who have a hard time finding good men because they are all dating white,asian,or Latinas.

I know a lot of black females that have a specific issue with successful black men refusing to date within their race. Kanye West said it perfectly "and when he gets on, he gon leave yo ass for a white girl". This seems to be the case whenever I see a black guy doing well for himself, if he isn't single...his spouse/gf/whatever is almost always not black.

Speaking of successful black people, I need to find me a white man so I can be a Cornball Sister.
And that is the problem.
KevinCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #78
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast0 View Post
this is one of the dumbest fucking posts i've ever seen on this forum. quoting it just in case you want to edit it.

he is really a black man, 100%, because he has black fucking skin.

and the message he's sending to his family is to do what you want to do and not give a shit about what racist people think.

i'm a white male and have only had 2 serious girlfriends in my life. first was half jamaican/half russian. my current wife who i've been with for 10 years is nicaraguan.

so by your assessment i must be an awful guy setting a terrible example for my sister, mother, step sister, step mother, 13 female cousins and 12 aunts.

good thing i don't care what racists like yourself think.
What the hell are you talking about? I clearly just stated what I have heard from other people chiming in on Rob's statements. I never said I fully agreed with him, all I said is that perhaps I can understand the frustration that some people feel will him dating a white girl since it seems to be typical among successful black athletes to marry women who are white. His choice in women does not affect me, but there is a certain attitude in the black community against successful black males who choose to snub successful black females in favor of white women. Really, you see this a lot among pro athletes. So in a semi defense to Rob's "He isn't one of us" statements, I believe he is alluding to the fact that RG3 is not really doing anything for the black community by being a successful man and not sharing that with his own race, IE dating a black girl, possibly having kids and raising successful children,etc. The whole "Cornball Brotha" thing is too stupid to try and comprehend...

Did I say he wasn't really black? No I did not. Rob said that, not me asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast0 View Post
good thing i don't care what racists like yourself think.
Obviously you do. Since you misunderstood what I wrote and proceeded to go off on some rant about someone being half Jamaican or some shit and then call me a racist. How can I be black and racist against blacks? Hmm?
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus

Last edited by SheHateMe; 01-08-2013 at 10:13 PM.
SheHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #79
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCU View Post
And that is the problem.
What is the problem? Be specific.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus
SheHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #80
Svnla
Diamond Member
 
Svnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southerner 4ever!!!
Posts: 9,949
Default

LOL @ the hard core pwnage. Purbeast for Elite.

Keep up the good work.
__________________
Rules to live by: 1) Forgive is for suckers, payback w/ extreme prejudice plus interest. 2) Golden Rule = Treat others as others treat you, don't take craps from anyone.
3) Relentless pursuit of a more perfect perfection. 4) I ain't looking for trouble, but if trouble comes knocking, I will be ready, willing, and able for some rocking.

Last edited by Svnla; 01-08-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Svnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #81
child of wonder
Diamond Member
 
child of wonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 7,348
Default

What's worse is the absolute disservice Parker is doing here to other African American youth. No wonder they find it so hard to leave the "thug" lifestyle and escape from the ghetto to something better when NATIONAL black figures openly question if someone is a "brother" because he can speak in complete sentences, acts politely, and is engaged to a white woman.

Parker is scum.
__________________
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." --Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011 *RIP HITCH*
child of wonder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #82
NFS4
No Lifer
 
NFS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 72,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
So, I've run into black people who say Rob was trying to point out the fact that RG3 isn't really a black man because he has so much to give black community but he chooses to be with a white woman. What kind of message is he sending to his family. He has sisters who are black...etc.

And IF that was what Rob was trying to say, I somewhat agree. However, I don't give two squirts about his tastes in women and I don't believe he has a specific duty to date black women. He is still a great representation of a successful black male regardless. I only agree that maybe he is sending the wrong message to black women who have a hard time finding good men because they are all dating white,asian,or Latinas.

I know a lot of black females that have a specific issue with successful black men refusing to date within their race. Kanye West said it perfectly "and when he gets on, he gon leave yo ass for a white girl". This seems to be the case whenever I see a black guy doing well for himself, if he isn't single...his spouse/gf/whatever is almost always not black.

Speaking of successful black people, I need to find me a white man so I can be a Cornball Sister.
Sending a wrong message to black women? How about they grow the hell up and stop worrying about what someone else does with their life?

I'm black, my wife is white. We've been together for nearly ten years (dated 5 years, engaged for a year, married for three and a half years). We have a wonderful baby boy who is turning 8 months old tomorrow, and we are generally happy with life. I love her family, she loves my family -- we all get along.

I honestly don't give a flying **** about pissing off black women. It's not my job to appease them. The only thing that matters to me is my happiness and the happiness of my family.

I fell in love with my wife because of her whit, her personality, her smile, her love of children, among other things. Her being white had absolutely nothing to do with it. People need to get beyond this race thing, SERIOUSLY!
__________________
"I'm going to count to three, there will not be a four."
NFS4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #83
QueBert
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 19,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by child of wonder View Post
What's worse is the absolute disservice Parker is doing here to other African American youth. No wonder they find it so hard to leave the "thug" lifestyle and escape from the ghetto to something better when NATIONAL black figures openly question if someone is a "brother" because he can speak in complete sentences, acts politely, and is engaged to a white woman.

Parker is scum.
It's not just limited to what black people think. I'm white, my girl's black and plenty of white people give us looks, and quite a few have approached us and called me all sorts of colorful names. I'm not justifying what this guy said about RG3, but it's very common among all people. A good number of people think exactly like Parker, they just keep it to themselves. I can tell by the looks I get on a daily basis, it's sad personal preference can make others so upset.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TridenT View Post
No, no, they exist. I've seen them.

They're not usually like hot-hot, but they're like hit it and quit it able.
QueBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 AM   #84
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS4 View Post
Sending a wrong message to black women? How about they grow the hell up and stop worrying about what someone else does with their life?

I'm black, my wife is white. We've been together for nearly ten years (dated 5 years, engaged for a year, married for three and a half years). We have a wonderful baby boy who is turning 8 months old tomorrow, and we are generally happy with life. I love her family, she loves my family -- we all get along.

I honestly don't give a flying **** about pissing off black women. It's not my job to appease them. The only thing that matters to me is my happiness and the happiness of my family.

I fell in love with my wife because of her whit, her personality, her smile, her love of children, among other things. Her being white had absolutely nothing to do with it. People need to get beyond this race thing, SERIOUSLY!
And once again, I never said I have a problem with that. However, acting like interracial dating isn't a hot topic in the black community is being dishonest. That is all I was saying. My sister's boyfriend is white and you don't know how awkward that makes things when we get around family that aren't as opened minded.

We went to dinner once and one of our cousins started making comments about how their children would have "good hair".

All I am saying is that I understand the sentiment. I never said I felt that way. Black women in particular seem to feel put off by the fact their all of their "good" black men are being taken by white women. On the contrary, it does not seem to be an issue in the black community of "good" black women being taken by white men.

Anyone reading my comment and getting pissed off at words and thoughts that I clearly presented as not being mine (In particular the first half of the post. People just react to shit on this forum, they don't comprehend anything) really needs to chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueBert View Post
It's not just limited to what black people think. I'm white, my girl's black and plenty of white people give us looks, and quite a few have approached us and called me all sorts of colorful names. I'm not justifying what this guy said about RG3, but it's very common among all people. A good number of people think exactly like Parker, they just keep it to themselves. I can tell by the looks I get on a daily basis, it's sad personal preference can make others so upset.


And this is exactly the attitude I was commenting on. An irrational person will look at RG3 and get upset that he isn't contributing back to his community by dating a white woman. There are probably handfuls of successful and beautiful black women that would love to be with him. There are people who feel like men like RG3 are sending a message to black women (like his sisters) that they are not good enough.

Just like that thread a while back where the Asian guy was lamenting the fact that Asian women would rather date a white man than an Asian guy.



This type of thing upsets people because it makes them feel insecure and I'd even argue less important. I have black male friends who have sworn off black women for various reasons and I've heard it all "I don't want to date someone who is darker than me", "light skinned and white girls are better looking", "white girls are better"...etc.


You take that feeling of insecurity and apply it to the way black females are portrayed in the media, very seldomly do you have a dark skinned black woman at the forefront of something. Either she is a light skinned black woman or she is not black at all and people seem to be fixed on that as a staple of beauty.


And it goes without saying that some of you may not be superficial like that, but a lot of men are and that is why interracial dating is such a big issue for people. Not just black people, but whites too. People are still turned off by it, it still make people upset...and it will probably be like that for a while.





404 Thread Pwnage Not Found
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus

Last edited by SheHateMe; 01-09-2013 at 04:56 AM.
SheHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #85
SP33Demon
Lifer
 
SP33Demon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In Your Frontal Lobe
Posts: 21,635
Default

Apparently ESPN wasn't down with the cause lol.

My only beef with RG3 marrying that chick isn't because of her race, but she isn't an athlete. That's always sad to me, what a waste of a great gene pool. He could have at least found an Olympic runner without a history of knee problems. :-P
__________________
R.I.P. Acemcmac
-----------
United we stand, divided we fall
.HEAT.
SP33Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #86
nehalem256
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
And once again, I never said I have a problem with that. However, acting like interracial dating isn't a hot topic in the black community is being dishonest. That is all I was saying. My sister's boyfriend is white and you don't know how awkward that makes things when we get around family that aren't as opened minded.
I think you mean family that is racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post

All I am saying is that I understand the sentiment. I never said I felt that way. Black women in particular seem to feel put off by the fact their all of their "good" black men are being taken by white women. On the contrary, it does not seem to be an issue in the black community of "good" black women being taken by white men.
If a white guy said he had a problem with black men "stealing" white women he would be branded a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
And this is exactly the attitude I was commenting on. An irrational person will look at RG3 and get upset that he isn't contributing back to his community by dating a white woman. There are probably handfuls of successful and beautiful black women that would love to be with him. There are people who feel like men like RG3 are sending a message to black women (like his sisters) that they are not good enough.
Again, by irrational person you mean racist.

And by "isn't contributing back" why not just substitute keeping the blood pure.
nehalem256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #87
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehalem256 View Post
I think you mean family that is racist



If a white guy said he had a problem with black men "stealing" white women he would be branded a racist.



Again, by irrational person you mean racist.

And by "isn't contributing back" why not just substitute keeping the blood pure.
1) Racist family? I don't think so, they are actually in-laws and I think they are probably more stupid than racist. I've never heard them say anything out of the way to the guy, just a lot of poking and prodding like he and my sister are exhibits at a zoo or something.

2)I don't know, it depends on what else he had to say.

3)Okay, I think you are twisting the definition of "racist" just a lil bit, Nehalem.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus
SheHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #88
NFS4
No Lifer
 
NFS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 72,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
All I am saying is that I understand the sentiment. I never said I felt that way. Black women in particular seem to feel put off by the fact their all of their "good" black men are being taken by white women. On the contrary, it does not seem to be an issue in the black community of "good" black women being taken by white men.
My anger is not directed at you, it's directed at the notion that Black women somehow "deserve" to get a good black man if they want to.

I don't think it should work that way. A black woman (or any woman) deserves a good, decent man if that's what they're looking for; that he is black shouldn't be the primary goal. Isn't the goal in life to be happy? I didn't go out seeking a white partner for life or a black partner for life -- I was seeking a partner for life.

And wouldn't you know, someone came around. Wouldn't have made a difference to me if she were white or black or Asian or Hispanic.

As to what other people think? Screw 'em, it's not their life. People just get so hung up on race that all it does is divide us.
__________________
"I'm going to count to three, there will not be a four."

Last edited by NFS4; 01-09-2013 at 08:20 AM.
NFS4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #89
purbeast0
Lifer
 
purbeast0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 35,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
What the hell are you talking about? I clearly just stated what I have heard from other people chiming in on Rob's statements. I never said I fully agreed with him, all I said is that perhaps I can understand the frustration that some people feel will him dating a white girl since it seems to be typical among successful black athletes to marry women who are white. His choice in women does not affect me, but there is a certain attitude in the black community against successful black males who choose to snub successful black females in favor of white women. Really, you see this a lot among pro athletes. So in a semi defense to Rob's "He isn't one of us" statements, I believe he is alluding to the fact that RG3 is not really doing anything for the black community by being a successful man and not sharing that with his own race, IE dating a black girl, possibly having kids and raising successful children,etc. The whole "Cornball Brotha" thing is too stupid to try and comprehend...

Did I say he wasn't really black? No I did not. Rob said that, not me asshole.



Obviously you do. Since you misunderstood what I wrote and proceeded to go off on some rant about someone being half Jamaican or some shit and then call me a racist. How can I be black and racist against blacks? Hmm?
no, you didn't say you "perhaps understand him" you said you "somewhat agree with him". hell i quoted your post so stop trying to change your words after being called out.

your whole first paragraph is a racist mindset. hell it may just be ignorant, but the ignorance is no excuse for being racist - it's still racist. it may be the reason for the racist mindset, just not an excuse in my book.

how the hell would him dumping his current fiance, who happens to be white and which he has been with for YEARS, to get with a black woman, change anything in your life or the "black community" as you keep on mentioning? what would that change other than the conversations at the barber shop?

i guess this is kind of like mark zuckerburg being called out by the white community for marrying an asian woman since he's not down with our cause. oh wait, that didn't happen
purbeast0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #90
Red Storm
Lifer
 
Red Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 10,680
Default

Anyone who thinks a specific race is "supposed" to be with someone of the same race needs to get the racism kicked out of them.
__________________
Heatware
Red Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #91
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS4 View Post
My anger is not directed at you, it's directed at the notion that Black women somehow "deserve" to get a good black man if they want to.

I don't think it should work that way. A black woman (or any woman) deserves a good, decent man if that's what they're looking for; that he is black shouldn't be the primary goal. Isn't the goal in life to be happy? I didn't go out seeking a white partner for life or a black partner for life -- I was seeking a partner for life.

And wouldn't you know, someone came around. Wouldn't have made a difference to me if she were white or black or Asian or Hispanic.

As to what other people think? Screw 'em, it's not their life. People just get so hung up on race that all it does is divide us.
Sorry, I just thought you were going off like Purebeast

I think everyone deserves to find a good mate. For me, I don't care about race in particular. The only thing I don't like is when someone purposefully dates outside of their race out of spite. For example, black men who won't date a black woman because they think light skinned women or white women are "better".

And yes...I have heard it before, both in person (one guy actually told me this straight away) and overhearing it in conversations.

That is definitely an unhealthy attitude, but once again...I am only saying I disagree with it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Plenty of fish in the sea.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus
SheHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #92
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast0 View Post
no, you didn't say you "perhaps understand him" you said you "somewhat agree with him". hell i quoted your post so stop trying to change your words after being called out.
lmao, you're off your rocker.

Do you know what "somewhat" means?

It means that to some extent, I agree with what he said. And then, I go on to explain to what extent I agree with and I offered explanations.

Calm the fuck down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast0 View Post
your whole first paragraph is a racist mindset. hell it may just be ignorant, but the ignorance is no excuse for being racist - it's still racist.
Define Racist?


Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast0 View Post
how the hell would him dumping his current fiance, who happens to be white and which he has been with for YEARS, to get with a black woman, change anything in your life or the "black community" as you keep on mentioning? what would that change other than the conversations at the barber shop?

i guess this is kind of like mark zuckerburg being called out by the white community for marrying an asian woman since he's not down with our cause. oh wait, that didn't happen
LMAO. I'm sorry. I never said this and I can't take you seriously.



Also, how is it that another poster understood exactly what I was trying to say and you did not?
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus

Last edited by SheHateMe; 01-09-2013 at 08:32 AM.
SheHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #93
Svnla
Diamond Member
 
Svnla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southerner 4ever!!!
Posts: 9,949
Default

Maybe RG3 does not want to hang out with these "ladies"? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQhtzeFp_V0

Your post is more racist than funny. The line: You stepped a bit over it. Consider this a warning to please use better judgement next time.

Perknose
Forum Director
__________________
Rules to live by: 1) Forgive is for suckers, payback w/ extreme prejudice plus interest. 2) Golden Rule = Treat others as others treat you, don't take craps from anyone.
3) Relentless pursuit of a more perfect perfection. 4) I ain't looking for trouble, but if trouble comes knocking, I will be ready, willing, and able for some rocking.

Last edited by Perknose; 01-10-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Svnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #94
destrekor
Lifer
 
destrekor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: It's turtles all the way down!
Posts: 23,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
Sorry, I just thought you were going off like Purebeast

I think everyone deserves to find a good mate. For me, I don't care about race in particular. The only thing I don't like is when someone purposefully dates outside of their race out of spite. For example, black men who won't date a black woman because they think light skinned women or white women are "better".

And yes...I have heard it before, both in person (one guy actually told me this straight away) and overhearing it in conversations.

That is definitely an unhealthy attitude, but once again...I am only saying I disagree with it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Plenty of fish in the sea.
Do you understand what they mean by saying someone of a different skin color is better?

Many people simply find certain common attributes, which are more common in one ancestry as opposed to another, to be more attractive to their personal taste.
Many white people prefer certain sub-sets of white people (say, Italian, French, Russian, etc). Some also prefer Asiatic women. Some won't date anyone who isn't Hispanic/Latino.

Some have specific desires for more common attributes found in a certain group of people. You SHOULDN'T be offended if a black guy tells you he prefers white girls (because "they are better" he says) - that should just tell he might prefer certain facial structures or body shapes. Maybe a redhead with freckles throws him into a lustful frenzy (sure doesn't do it for me ).

We all have our own version of ideal beauty, based on a certain range of physical attributes. Sometimes that lines up with only a particular ethnicity/ancestry/skin-color (I find whole-blooded German women (at least, the blonde variety for sure), and quite often Italian women, to have a heart-stopping beauty when seen in person - am I spurning the typical American mutt?), and sometimes those ideal attributes are actually fairly well distributed among a great swath of lineages, if not all of them.


Quite laughably, you really only find this "contributing back to the community" thing, at least for blacks, here in America. Most everywhere else, it's just another attribute of the body. Here, Blacks too-often practice a rather strong Old Asian-like xenophobia. Which is depressing. We can't move on toward the color-blind goal so long as one group demands to have attention paid to them because of their color. (and no, I am NOT saying racist white people aren't contributing to the continuation of the rifts between groups)
__________________
"Spaceman + Goosemaster + Nemesis 1 =
Well if chicken curtain up with how glue general of should the sternum." - Jeff7
BUY MY STUFF! [Wacom Create, Bionic, G13, Nook Color] MY STUFF, YOU WANT TO BUY IT!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
destrekor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #95
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by destrekor View Post
Quite laughably, you really only find this "contributing back to the community" thing, at least for blacks, here in America. Most everywhere else, it's just another attribute of the body. Here, Blacks too-often practice a rather strong Old Asian-like xenophobia. Which is depressing. We can't move on toward the color-blind goal so long as one group demands to have attention paid to them because of their color. (and no, I am NOT saying racist white people aren't contributing to the continuation of the rifts between groups)
Probably because I am black myself and can only relate to that experience. I cannot speak for any other group.

Also, are you saying that I shouldn't be hurt or upset over some guy telling me that he doesn't think I am as good as a light skinned girl? If I had low self esteem, it would probably make me depressed. How about this, here are a few other reasons I've heard as to why light skinned black girls or white girls are better: "they have long hair", "dark skinned black girls are ugly (even funnier when the guy saying this is darker than you)" "I don't like the way dark skinned girls look next to me" "white girls give good head (I'm dead serious)" "white girls are smarter" "black girls are stupid" "white girls listen more"...etc. In High School, there was a dark skinned black girl in my Spanish class. She was very attractive, had nice hair and she dressed well. We crossed paths at the mall while skipping school (it was senior year ~ ) and I nodded to her. I chatted with her for a little while before I took off with my own friends...anyway, another group of skippers were walking past when a boy in the group yelled to her "hey, girl? What's your name? You're pretty for a dark girl....". I don't know how that made her feel, but it was a rude and disgusting comment and it came from a boy who shared the same complexion as her. So please, tell me again how this type of thing shouldn't offend me or anyone else who has an experience like this....

So this isn't just about physical preferences, this is in some cases, discrimination against a racial group of women based solely on skin color (and stereotypes). Not all black men who date white women think like this. I am only telling you about the ones that I have personally met face to face either through dating or as friends...or just conversation that I have heard among black males.

And where is "here"? I'm American too, you know.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus

Last edited by SheHateMe; 01-09-2013 at 02:57 PM.
SheHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #96
videogames101
Diamond Member
 
videogames101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 52375
Posts: 6,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
Probably because I am black myself and can only relate to that experience. I cannot speak for any other group.

Also, are you saying that I shouldn't be hurt or upset over some guy telling me that he doesn't think I am as good as a light skinned girl? If I had low self esteem, it would probably make me depressed. How about this, here are a few other reasons I've heard as to why light skinned black girls or white girls are better: "they have long hair", "dark skinned black girls are ugly (even funnier when the guy saying this is darker than you)" "I don't like the way dark skinned girls look next to me" "white girls give good head (I'm dead serious)" "white girls are smarter" "black girls are stupid" "white girls listen more"...etc. In High School, there was a dark skinned black girl in my Spanish class. She was very attractive, had nice hair and she dressed well. We crossed paths at the mall while skipping school (it was senior year ~ ) and I nodded to her. I chatted with her for a little while before I took off with my own friends...anyway, another group of skippers were walking past when a boy in the group yelled to her "hey, girl? What's your name? You're pretty for a dark girl....". I don't know how that made her feel, but it was a rude and disgusting comment and it came from a boy who shared the same complexion as her. So please, tell me again how this type of thing shouldn't offend me or anyone else who has an experience like this....

So this isn't just about physical preferences, this is in some cases, discrimination against a racial group of women based solely on skin color (and stereotypes). Not all black men who date white women think like this. I am only telling you about the ones that I have personally met face to face either through dating or as friends...or just conversation that I have heard among black males.

And where is "here"? I'm American too, you know.
wtf are you on about shehatesme, who gives a fuck what race you date

some guys are attracted to particular races, so what? some guys are also attracted to chubby, skinny, or any other physical attribute. if I date a blonde am i snubbing red heads?

on topic, RG3 has done none of the things you just mentioned, not to our knowledge in any case
__________________
3570K
HD7870 (Tahiti LE)
videogames101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #97
SheHateMe
Diamond Member
 
SheHateMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by videogames101 View Post
wtf are you on about shehatesme, who gives a fuck what race you date

some guys are attracted to particular races, so what? some guys are also attracted to chubby, skinny, or any other physical attribute. if I date a blonde am i snubbing red heads?

on topic, RG3 has done none of the things you just mentioned, not to our knowledge in any case
And did I say he did any of those things? NO, I did not. Did I say it was a problem to be attracted to particular races? NO, I did not.
If you dated a blonde, It would be no care in the world to me. Again, NOT something I ever said.

WTF are YOU on about?



Would be nice if you would read and comprehend a post before you blow up on me about things I never said. If you don't like what I have to say, don't comment. I was talking to that other guy.
__________________
Main: Intel i5 3570K | MSI Z77A-G45 | Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB | MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 | Corsair H80 | CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 | Fractal Design R4
HTPC: In Progress
NAS: Lian Li Q25B | Asus P8H77-I | Intel Celeron G540 | 4GB RAM | 21TB | UNRAID Plus
SheHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #98
purbeast0
Lifer
 
purbeast0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 35,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
And did I say he did any of those things? NO, I did not. Did I say it was a problem to be attracted to particular races? NO, I did not.
If you dated a blonde, It would be no care in the world to me. Again, NOT something I ever said.

WTF are YOU on about?



Would be nice if you would read and comprehend a post before you blow up on me about things I never said. If you don't like what I have to say, don't comment. I was talking to that other guy.
so if he hasn't done any of those things, what is this "wrong message" (your words, not mine) that he is sending to black women?
purbeast0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #99
Atomic Playboy
Lifer
 
Atomic Playboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast0 View Post
i guess this is kind of like mark zuckerburg being called out by the white community for marrying an asian woman since he's not down with our cause. oh wait, that didn't happen
Zuckerberg is such a cornball honkey.
Atomic Playboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #100
purbeast0
Lifer
 
purbeast0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 35,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Playboy View Post
Zuckerberg is such a cornball honkey.
i do like how she totally ignored that part of my post when replying to it.
purbeast0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.