Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Politics and News

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #26
exdeath
Lifer
 
exdeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,471
Default

It's this mother fucker suicidal? Is he willing to send law enforcement to their death sentence to attempt enforcement?
exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #27
Incorruptible
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9,536
Default

If that pos obama tries this then he must be impeached, He has already violated enough of our rights and he must be kicked out of office if he tries to pull this BS
Incorruptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #28
Mr. Pedantic
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 4,908
Default

You can repeal parts of the constitution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genx87 View Post
Obama's Terry Schiavo if he does this.
You mean you'll put him into a coma?
Mr. Pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,450
Default

The theory is that via EO he could declar semi-auto weapons destructive devices and then they would be covered by the NFA. Or banning importation of rifles, magazines and ammunition. These are things he CAN do via EO that would in effect be an AWB.
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #30
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pedantic View Post
You can repeal parts of the constitution?



You mean you'll put him into a coma?
Yes, via amendment. There has been an amendment already repealed...I'll let you guess which one it was. This amendment lead to the gangs and violence that eventually lead to the NFA.
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #31
lotus503
Diamond Member
 
lotus503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
The theory is that via EO he could declar semi-auto weapons destructive devices and then they would be covered by the NFA. Or banning importation of rifles, magazines and ammunition. These are things he CAN do via EO that would in effect be an AWB.
Still not a repeal of 2a
__________________
Norco 4224, Supermicro X8DTE
Dual Xeon x5660 hexcores,40gb samsung ddr3
HP SAS Expander, LSI controller
128gb Crucial M4, 256gb Samsung 830
Mix match of 2tb and 1.5tb hdds for just over 40tb
Windows server 2008 r2 running hyper v & FlexRaid
lotus503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #32
MixMasterTang
Platinum Member
 
MixMasterTang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,526
Default

It's funny how worked up some of you are getting over something that hasn't even happened yet that nobody here knows any facts or details on.
MixMasterTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #33
gevorg
Diamond Member
 
gevorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 4,778
Default

In California, the 2nd Amendment is more repealed than it is not. We're lucky to be able to touch guns.
gevorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterTang View Post
It's funny how worked up some of you are getting over something that hasn't even happened yet that nobody here knows any facts or details on.
What? Have you not been listened to what Obama's been saying the past few weeks? The details and end goal are clearly understood and known.
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
hal2kilo
Diamond Member
 
hal2kilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentsofSanity View Post
How would any nutjob take the leap to Obama repealing a Constitutional Amendment based on what Biden said?
Why your typical gun nutjob of course.
__________________
I'm a liberal because I'm a realist.

Go Mariners!

Love my new Grande Cherokee Eco-Diesel
hal2kilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #36
lotus503
Diamond Member
 
lotus503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
What? Have you not been listened to what Obama's been saying the past few weeks? The details and end goal are clearly understood and known.
So on the one hand we cant believe what Obama says, on the other we are to read into what he is saying, make whimsical predictions based on those words etc etc.
__________________
Norco 4224, Supermicro X8DTE
Dual Xeon x5660 hexcores,40gb samsung ddr3
HP SAS Expander, LSI controller
128gb Crucial M4, 256gb Samsung 830
Mix match of 2tb and 1.5tb hdds for just over 40tb
Windows server 2008 r2 running hyper v & FlexRaid
lotus503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #37
s0me0nesmind1
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thraashman View Post
I love conservative paranoia threads. They're always so entertaining and reaffirm my decision to be liberal.
And coincidentally, at the bottom of the totem pole of society


In other news.... lets pull out some gun violence related charts, proving that year over year gun violence has gone down - yet they are swayed by their evening news that it is fully rampant and has been tripled
s0me0nesmind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #38
exdeath
Lifer
 
exdeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterTang View Post
It's funny how worked up some of you are getting over something that hasn't even happened yet that nobody here knows any facts or details on.
Yeah its real funny how 150+ million free American citizens with no criminal record could potentially be labeled felons and terrorists with the flick of a pen.
exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #39
lotus503
Diamond Member
 
lotus503's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exdeath View Post
Yeah its real funny how 150+ million free American citizens with no criminal record could potentially be labeled felons and terrorists with the flick of a pen.
I don't see any evidence of that occurring
__________________
Norco 4224, Supermicro X8DTE
Dual Xeon x5660 hexcores,40gb samsung ddr3
HP SAS Expander, LSI controller
128gb Crucial M4, 256gb Samsung 830
Mix match of 2tb and 1.5tb hdds for just over 40tb
Windows server 2008 r2 running hyper v & FlexRaid
lotus503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #40
Matt1970
Lifer
 
Matt1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 11,068
Default

About all he can do is issue an Exec Order banning mass murder.
Matt1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #41
bignateyk
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 11,291
Default

Wow, some of you sure are getting worked up over nothing.
bignateyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #42
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus503 View Post
I don't see any evidence of that occurring
There's plenty. Obama wants an AWB. That means any magazine or weapon capable of firing more than 10 rounds could be made an NFA item. Possession of NFA item without appropriate tax stamp is a felony. This thread shows this administration is willing to do anything including EO to achieve that goal.

Most all weapons people own would be considered an assault weapon because they hold more than 10 rounds = most gun owners would become felons with the stroke of a pen.

Not paying attention, are you?
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #43
s0me0nesmind1
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1970 View Post
About all he can do is issue an Exec Order banning mass murder.
Well shit, that fixes everything right? Under liberal logic, at least
s0me0nesmind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #44
Genx87
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 36,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pedantic View Post
You can repeal parts of the constitution?



You mean you'll put him into a coma?
No it means he will waste his political capital on a losing issue.
__________________
"Communism can be defined as the longest route from capitalism to capitalism."
"Capitalism is the unequal distribution of wealth. Socialism is the equal distribution of poverty"
"Because you can trust freedom when it is not in your hand. When everybody is fighting for their promised land"
Genx87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #45
MixMasterTang
Platinum Member
 
MixMasterTang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
There's plenty. Obama wants an AWB. That means any magazine or weapon capable of firing more than 10 rounds could be made an NFA item. Possession of NFA item without appropriate tax stamp is a felony. This thread shows this administration is willing to do anything including EO to achieve that goal.

Most all weapons people own would be considered an assault weapon because they hold more than 10 rounds = most gun owners would become felons with the stroke of a pen.

Not paying attention, are you?
How about save your argument until something actually happens that way open minded individuals can make an intelligent response.

Edit: I would like to point out that I own 4 guns, an AR-15 with 30 round mags, a CZ-75 with 15 round mags, a Ruger P95 with 15 round mags and a small .380 with 6 round mags.

Last edited by MixMasterTang; 01-09-2013 at 02:29 PM.
MixMasterTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #46
Capt Caveman
Lifer
 
Capt Caveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyashiKaibutsu View Post
It's funny how idiotic some people are. He's not going to repeal an amendment with an executive order.
Correct but threads like this are always fun to see the idiots cry.
__________________
Adopt a Homeless Pet
Capt Caveman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #47
bignateyk
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 11,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
There's plenty. Obama wants an AWB. That means any magazine or weapon capable of firing more than 10 rounds could be made an NFA item. Possession of NFA item without appropriate tax stamp is a felony. This thread shows this administration is willing to do anything including EO to achieve that goal.

Most all weapons people own would be considered an assault weapon because they hold more than 10 rounds = most gun owners would become felons with the stroke of a pen.

Not paying attention, are you?
The weapon doesn't hold more than 10 rounds, the magazine does. He's not going to make every semi-auto gun in existence an NFA item just because they might be capable of holding more than 10 rounds with the right magazine...
bignateyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #48
Uhtrinity
Platinum Member
 
Uhtrinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,076
Default

Says it all:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...---gun-control

Evens features Spidey as an interviewee at 7:20

Last edited by Uhtrinity; 01-09-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Uhtrinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #49
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignateyk View Post
The weapon doesn't hold more than 10 rounds, the magazine does. He's not going to make every semi-auto gun in existence an NFA item just because they might be capable of holding more than 10 rounds with the right magazine...
Ok, so the magazines are NFA.

They have also talked about banning semi-auto weapons as well. That is something he could try via EO. Making a semi-auto weapon NFA.
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #50
monovillage
Diamond Member
 
monovillage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 8,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterTang View Post
It's funny how worked up some of you are getting over something that hasn't even happened yet that nobody here knows any facts or details on.
Are you kidding? Did you actually type that with a straight face?

Let's see, the Vice-President of the United States says the executive branch may use executive powers to sidestep legal law in the country in a video and a few Democrats say there's no reason to debate or discuss what he's proposed until it's already taken effect?
monovillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.