Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Politics and News

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals
· Free Stuff
· Contests and Sweepstakes
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #41951
soundforbjt
Diamond Member
 
soundforbjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an office
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londo_Jowo View Post
The fact of the matter is you can't prove any of it and it will never be considered relevant to this case by anyone other than by people such as yourself.
So, there no evidence anywhere, no arrest records, no court records of GZ ?
__________________
"Soitenly, if at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' till you do succeed." - Curly Howard


The Heat 106-0-0
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #41952
Londo_Jowo
Lifer
 
Londo_Jowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 12,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundforbjt View Post
So, there no evidence anywhere, no arrest records, no court records of GZ ?
None of it is relevant to this case...period. Just like all the all the posts about TM past, none of it is relevant to what transpired on 2/26/2012 and will never be allowed at the trial if the case makes it to that point.

The state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ claim if self defense is not valid as well as he's guilty of the charges against him.
Londo_Jowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #41953
Tom
Lifer
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Ohioan living in Tennessee
Posts: 13,247
Default

a photo of a bloody nose tells us nothing about how or why an incident occurred.

Its just as likely to come from Martin defending himself as it is from Martin assaulting Zimmerman.

So the question has to be answered from other evidence, including what led to the incident.

If the decider of fact decides its relevant.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #41954
Londo_Jowo
Lifer
 
Londo_Jowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 12,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
If the decider of fact decides its relevant.
The Judge will be the one that determines if a fact or evidence is relevant to the case.
Londo_Jowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #41955
soundforbjt
Diamond Member
 
soundforbjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an office
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londo_Jowo View Post
Just like all the all the posts about TM past, none of it is relevant to what transpired on 2/26/2012 and will never be allowed at the trial if the case makes it to that point.
Then why did MoM want TM's school records, etc.?

I do realize the judge will decide.
__________________
"Soitenly, if at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' till you do succeed." - Curly Howard


The Heat 106-0-0
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #41956
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
a photo of a bloody nose tells us nothing about how or why an incident occurred.

Its just as likely to come from Martin defending himself as it is from Martin assaulting Zimmerman.

So the question has to be answered from other evidence, including what led to the incident.

If the decider of fact decides its relevant.
All evidence shows felony assault and battery by martin, all of it. Every single bit of evidence proves this, and nothing to the contrary. It is because of this overwhelming evidence that proves self defense why this will never make it to trial.

What led up to the incident is of little matter when these known facts are true:
1) martin repeatedly beat zimmerman about the head while on his back including breaking nose and multiple lacerations to back and front of head
2) martin mounted zimmerman and prevented retreat/escape
3) zimmerman, by law and precedent, is presumed to fear for his life in that position, verified by all evidence and eye witness

No matter how any of it started, once martin committed those crimes and actions zimmerman is well within his rights to lawfully defend himself from the attack with any means of force including deadly.
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #41957
Londo_Jowo
Lifer
 
Londo_Jowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 12,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundforbjt View Post
Then why did MoM want TM's school records, etc.?

I do realize the judge will decide.
I guess he wanted to see if there was something potentially relevant to the case. Then he could request that the judge review/rule on for use in the immunity hearing and/or trial.
Londo_Jowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #41958
They Live
Senior Member
 
They Live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
All evidence shows felony assault and battery by martin, all of it. Every single bit of evidence proves this, and nothing to the contrary. It is because of this overwhelming evidence that proves self defense why this will never make it to trial.

What led up to the incident is of little matter when these known facts are true:
1) martin repeatedly beat zimmerman about the head while on his back including breaking nose and multiple lacerations to back and front of head
2) martin mounted zimmerman and prevented retreat/escape
3) zimmerman, by law and precedent, is presumed to fear for his life in that position, verified by all evidence and eye witness

No matter how any of it started, once martin committed those crimes and actions zimmerman is well within his rights to lawfully defend himself from the attack with any means of force including deadly.
No matter how it started? What if a gun was pulled out first, and a verbal threat to kill was made?

Not saying that happened in this case, but I don't buy into the notion that it doesn't "matter" how it started. It does matter. In fact, the Trevor Dooley manslaughter conviction proves it matters. Despite being attacked himself, he was found guilty of manslaughter for flashing his weapon at the guy he ended up shooting.

And before the Zimmerman fan club goes ballistic, I'm not saying that happened in this case, but I disagree with Spidey's notion that it doesn't "matter" how it started.
They Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #41959
airdata
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
What led up to the incident is of little matter when these known facts are true:
I think the jury will think much differently. They'll be presented w\ piles of evidence showing irrational, erratic actions by Zimmerman leading up to the shooting and will be shown clear as day how irresponsibly he acted.

They'll see that his many mis-steps and horrible judgment put him in the situation which culminated in him shooting to death a minor.

They'll follow the narrative we all know of zimmerman leaving his car presumptively to go after that fucking asshole he just stated was likely to get away.

They'll have no problem realizing that zimmerman was carrying out all of these actions under the false assumption that Trayvon ( because he was black ) was one of the criminals who'd been victimizing people in the area. This will help them find him without a doubt responsible for murder 2 or negligent homicide.
__________________
Check for reply next week in case I'm banned.

1JYdDv2YHXthtLjEiwtLSW9LjsN4ehQjkc
airdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #41960
They Live
Senior Member
 
They Live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdata View Post
I think the jury will think much differently. They'll be presented w\ piles of evidence showing irrational, erratic actions by Zimmerman leading up to the shooting and will be shown clear as day how irresponsibly he acted.

They'll see that his many mis-steps and horrible judgment put him in the situation which culminated in him shooting to death a minor.

They'll follow the narrative we all know of zimmerman leaving his car presumptively to go after that fucking asshole he just stated was likely to get away.

They'll have no problem realizing that zimmerman was carrying out all of these actions under the false assumption that Trayvon ( because he was black ) was one of the criminals who'd been victimizing people in the area. This will help them find him without a doubt responsible for murder 2 or negligent homicide.
The Trevor Dooley conviction is proof that it does matter how an altercation starts. Dooley was convicted of manslaughter despite being attacked by a man much bigger than him. It had to do with him flashing his gun first, and possibly making some kind of threat.
They Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #41961
Londo_Jowo
Lifer
 
Londo_Jowo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 12,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdata View Post
They'll be presented w\ piles of evidence showing irrational, erratic actions by Zimmerman leading up to the shooting and will be shown clear as day how irresponsibly he acted.
They will be presented what the judge deems relevant to the case and nothing more.
Londo_Jowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #41962
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
The Trevor Dooley conviction is proof that it does matter how an altercation starts. Dooley was convicted of manslaughter despite being attacked by a man much bigger than him. It had to do with him flashing his gun first, and possibly making some kind of threat.
It's pretty much known that you can't be committed a crime or forcible felony and claim self defense, you're being obtuse here.

There was NOTHING mentioned in the affidavit about zimmerman committing a forcible felony or crime nor is there ANY evidence of such.
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #41963
They Live
Senior Member
 
They Live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
It's pretty much known that you can't be committed a crime or forcible felony and claim self defense, you're being obtuse here.

There was NOTHING mentioned in the affidavit about zimmerman committing a forcible felony or crime nor is there ANY evidence of such.
Who said there was?

I was simply disputing the ridiculous notion that it doesn't matter how the altercation started. It does in fact matter.
They Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #41964
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
Who said there was?

I was simply disputing the ridiculous notion that it doesn't matter how the altercation started. It does in fact matter.
It doesn't matter WHO started it or how it started, that's the point and why it's such a clear case of self defense. It doesn't matter what happens before, how it started, etc provided no crime is committed by shooter.

This is all pretty basic self defense law stuff.
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #41965
They Live
Senior Member
 
They Live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
It doesn't matter WHO started it or how it started, that's the point and why it's such a clear case of self defense. It doesn't matter what happens before, how it started, etc provided no crime is committed by shooter.

This is all pretty basic self defense law stuff.
So then it does matter.
They Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #41966
TerryMathews
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 11,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdata View Post
I think the jury will think much differently. They'll be presented w\ piles of evidence showing irrational, erratic actions by Zimmerman leading up to the shooting and will be shown clear as day how irresponsibly he acted.

They'll see that his many mis-steps and horrible judgment put him in the situation which culminated in him shooting to death a minor.

They'll follow the narrative we all know of zimmerman leaving his car presumptively to go after that fucking asshole he just stated was likely to get away.

They'll have no problem realizing that zimmerman was carrying out all of these actions under the false assumption that Trayvon ( because he was black ) was one of the criminals who'd been victimizing people in the area. This will help them find him without a doubt responsible for murder 2 or negligent homicide.
How can he be found guilty of a crime he's not charged with?
__________________
Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | 4770K @ 4.6GHz (46x100 at 1.096V + 0.139V adaptive) | Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB RAM |2x MSI GTX 770 OC Dual Fan | Fractal Design Define R4 | QNIX QX2710 @ 2560x1440 96Hz
My Heatware evals
TerryMathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #41967
EagleKeeper
Discussion Club Moderator
Elite Member
 
EagleKeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bumps west of Denver
Posts: 42,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
So then it does matter.
Should the state try to tear into Zimmerman profiling; the past of Martin becomes relevant for the defense.

The judge has already ruled that the past of Zimmerman is irrelevant to the case.

Toss out the profiling issue and you have Zimmerman following Martin (audio evidence); Martin challenging Zimmerman (audio evidence); Zimmerman on the losing end of a fight (visual evidence); Martin not stopping the fight when yelled at (witness) and Zimmerman shooting Martin when Martin was over him (ballistics).

Those become the facts of the case using evidence.

Three of those reflect negatively on Martin.
One against Zimmerman.

The last/final demonstrates the issue of self defense per state law.
__________________
F15 Air Superiority Fighter - Never has one been lost in aerial combat (104 kills)
EagleKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #41968
SpatiallyAware
Lifer
 
SpatiallyAware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,753
Default

Absolutely none of that reflects negatively on zimmerman.

It was perfectly ethical, moral, and legal for him to keep an eye on a known thug who appeared to be up to no good.

Even if trayvon was that all A rap cherub superstar you were misled to believe in, it wasn't like zimmerman was going over the top by keeping an eye on someone wearing a deep cover hoodie specifically to conceal ID, in a neighborhood that was rampant with break ins and home invasions up until this incident.

Zimmerman did NOTHING wrong that night, based on what evidence we know. You might not like the fact that some neighbors keep an eye on things, but that's not something illegal.
SpatiallyAware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #41969
SpatiallyAware
Lifer
 
SpatiallyAware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdata View Post
I think the jury will think much differently. They'll be presented w\ piles of evidence showing irrational, erratic actions by Zimmerman leading up to the shooting and will be shown clear as day how irresponsibly he acted.

They'll see that his many mis-steps and horrible judgment put him in the situation which culminated in him shooting to death a minor.

They'll follow the narrative we all know of zimmerman leaving his car presumptively to go after that fucking asshole he just stated was likely to get away.

They'll have no problem realizing that zimmerman was carrying out all of these actions under the false assumption that Trayvon ( because he was black ) was one of the criminals who'd been victimizing people in the area. This will help them find him without a doubt responsible for murder 2 or negligent homicide.

Bahahaha.... many missteps.. ROFL! You crumponites are really starting to fall apart.


In all likelihood trayvon was one of the criminals who were performing robberies and home invasions. We know he was caught with stolen jewelry that didn't come from the area, along with burglary equipment. That little community probably sleeps a lot safer knowing there's one less burglar out and about.
SpatiallyAware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #41970
SpatiallyAware
Lifer
 
SpatiallyAware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
No matter how it started? What if a gun was pulled out first, and a verbal threat to kill was made?

Not saying that happened in this case, but I don't buy into the notion that it doesn't "matter" how it started. It does matter. In fact, the Trevor Dooley manslaughter conviction proves it matters. Despite being attacked himself, he was found guilty of manslaughter for flashing his weapon at the guy he ended up shooting.

And before the Zimmerman fan club goes ballistic, I'm not saying that happened in this case, but I disagree with Spidey's notion that it doesn't "matter" how it started.

If trayvon was the little cherub boy the crumponites want to worship then most would think differently. As of now, based on both of their 'current' history, it's far FAR more likely that hothead trayvon bit off more than he can chew.


Also, your example is a great indicator of how society doesn't care about thugs.... If the 'victim' was actually a decent person it would be treated much differently than someone with a history such as trayvon's.
SpatiallyAware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #41971
soundforbjt
Diamond Member
 
soundforbjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an office
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleKeeper View Post
Should the state try to tear into Zimmerman profiling; the past of Martin becomes relevant for the defense.

The judge has already ruled that the past of Zimmerman is irrelevant to the case.

Toss out the profiling issue and you have Zimmerman following Martin (audio evidence); Martin challenging Zimmerman (audio evidence); Zimmerman on the losing end of a fight (visual evidence); Martin not stopping the fight when yelled at (witness) and Zimmerman shooting Martin when Martin was over him (ballistics).

Those become the facts of the case using evidence.

Three of those reflect negatively on Martin.
One against Zimmerman.

The last/final demonstrates the issue of self defense per state law.
Where's the audio evidence of the bolded at? First I've heard of it.
__________________
"Soitenly, if at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' till you do succeed." - Curly Howard


The Heat 106-0-0
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #41972
spidey07
No Lifer
 
spidey07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 65,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundforbjt View Post
Where's the audio evidence of the bolded at? First I've heard of it.
DeeDee interview.
__________________
___
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #41973
soundforbjt
Diamond Member
 
soundforbjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an office
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
DeeDee interview.
You mean "why are you following me" is somehow a "challege"? Talk about a stretch.
__________________
"Soitenly, if at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' till you do succeed." - Curly Howard


The Heat 106-0-0
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #41974
SpatiallyAware
Lifer
 
SpatiallyAware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,753
Default

Anything new on what trayvon was doing during that 3-5 minute time gap while zimmerman was politely waiting for the police?


To me, that's a hugely pivotal point in this case. If trayvon was as scared as the crumptonites make out, why didn't he call 911, why didn't he continue on his path home?

Him going back to confront zimmerman was what cost him his life. It's too bad that trayvon decided to delve out some street justice.
SpatiallyAware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #41975
soundforbjt
Diamond Member
 
soundforbjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: In an office
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpatiallyAware View Post
Anything new on what trayvon was doing during that 3-5 minute time gap while zimmerman was politely waiting for the police?
Do we really know what GZ was doing during that time? Any witnesses that saw him?


To me, that's a hugely pivotal point in this case. If trayvon was as scared as the crumptonites make out, why didn't he call 911, why didn't he continue on his path home?

Him going back to confront zimmerman was what cost him his life. It's too bad that trayvon decided to delve out some street justice.
Bolded.
__________________
"Soitenly, if at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' till you do succeed." - Curly Howard


The Heat 106-0-0
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.