· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
NestorPR

Unhappy Have to disable/enable wifi adapter at startup

Hi, new member here! This may have been answered before but I couldn't find it by using search.

I have a new Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 with an AMD A10-5800K, 32G Corsair Vengeance memory, XFX Radeon R7770 1G HD GPU, 128G OCZ Vertex4 SSD, Gigabyte GA-WB300D WiFi/BT adapter and Windows 7/64 Ultimate (FYI to help diagnose my issue).

MY problem is that, right after startup the internet is very slow (I have 18M service), less than 1M throughput even though my signal reception is excellent. When I disable and then enable the adapter the throughput jumps to 15-16M as it should be. As long as I don't reboot the internet performance stays excellent but if I reboot then I have to disable/enable the adapter again. I have tried a Trendnet and an Asus PCE-N15 adapter prior to the Gigabyte and I had the same issue with all of them so I think it's a Windows problem but have no idea where to look. I already checked the Systems menu and found no conflicts, what could be happening?
NestorPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
zCypher
Diamond Member

Sounds like you could have some traffic saturating your connection? Do you run any cloud sync utilities for google drive, dropbox, etc? Torrents running in the background? If you can monitor your traffic over that interface you'd get an idea if that's the cause.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
NestorPR

Thanks for answering, no, nothing like that, I don't use the cloud or such things as of yet. I have monitored the applications and usage but it's not the internet that's at fault, apparently when the pc first boots up, the adapter is started at a very low throughput, but when I disable and then enable it, it shoots up to almost the maximum. And it stays like that as long as I don't reboot or shut down the pc, so apparently internet traffic is not the cause.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
AnonymouseUser
Diamond Member

Delete your connection and uninstall your adapter drivers. Install the latest drivers (download them first!), then setup your connection again.

If it still acts the same you may have a problem with your router. Test on another network/router, if possible.
Pressure Cooker Grid Power Smart Body scanner Electric ISIS Ammonium nitrate Brown Out
Bridge Organized crime National security State Liberation Security Breach Threat Standoff
SWAT Screening Virus Environmental Terrorist Dock
AnonymouseUser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
NestorPR

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that and still have the issue. The problem is not a deal breaker but it's annoying, any other ideas?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Smoove910
Golden Member

does it happen regardless of how long you let it sit? I'm wondering if from initial startup the router is assigning IP address to your adapter from the DHCP, which might take a few moments before things are fully initialized?
HDDs: (2) 640GB WD AAKS, (1) 750GB Seagate Ext
Vid: Sapphire 6870 1gb DDR5 1000mhz core, 1100 mhz mem
Camera: Pentax K5, I'm not a Canikon fanboy.
Smoove910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
AnonymouseUser
Diamond Member

I wonder if the USB 3.0 ports are causing interference, loading after the wifi adapter on boot. Are you using any USB 3.0 devices? Can you disable USB 3.0 in the BIOS to test this theory?
Pressure Cooker Grid Power Smart Body scanner Electric ISIS Ammonium nitrate Brown Out
Bridge Organized crime National security State Liberation Security Breach Threat Standoff
SWAT Screening Virus Environmental Terrorist Dock
AnonymouseUser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
Lemon law
Lifer

Its a mystery to me too but far less an annoyance for me that our OP reports. As what our OP reports also happen to me, but at at only the frequency of 5% of time.
Lemon law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
NestorPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoove910 View Post
does it happen regardless of how long you let it sit? I'm wondering if from initial startup the router is assigning IP address to your adapter from the DHCP, which might take a few moments before things are fully initialized?
It only happens at first boot and I then enable-disable the adapter, then, even if it goes to sleep, when it wakes up, it´s OK, I don´t have to repeat the procedure until after I shut the pc down. I thought the same thing, maybe there´s a conflict when the pc first comes on but how do I test that?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #10
NestorPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseUser View Post
I wonder if the USB 3.0 ports are causing interference, loading after the wifi adapter on boot. Are you using any USB 3.0 devices? Can you disable USB 3.0 in the BIOS to test this theory?
I am using USB 3.0 devices, I'll try that and let you know.