· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
z1ggy
Diamond Member

Default Hitman: Absolution- I'm Pissed.

Really fun game to play, but I have a HUGE bone to pick with these software developers/testers. Didn't they ever come across the massive bug that a lot of people are experiencing (according to my google search) with save game data being corrupted and thus losing ALL saved game play? I played the game for about 16 hours, and I noticed when my game went to save, it just stayed there on a load screen for a while...so I quit the game, then restarted it.

Well, When I get back into the game, it says it can't find any previous save file, and that basically I get to start over. I am so pissed at this, that I will probably just sell the game now. I could try and email the company and bitch and moan to see if I could get my money back, but I doubt that. I've heard of people have 2 or more save corruptions, so I don't feel like it's even worth my time to try again. I will just move on to Far Cry 3, or start playing BL2 on my PC.

Overall, it was a fun game, but what a load of BS that such a huge issue like this wasn't worked out before release. I'm not sure if I will ever buy another game made by this company again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashiker View Post
How I live my life is none of your business.
z1ggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
jpiniero
Golden Member

It's not the only recent game which has had that problem. I remember hearing about Arkham City on the 360 also having save corruption issues.

Avoiding issues like this is one of the big advantages of playing a game months after release.
jpiniero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
exdeath
Lifer

Welcome to modern gaming. Shut up and pre order the next one already.
exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
gorcorps
aka Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exdeath View Post
Welcome to modern gaming. Shut up and pre order the next one already.
I've never had such a thing happen to me, so it's hardly a common issue in modern gaming. Unless you're just trying to lay bait and start some crap.
gorcorps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
z1ggy
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
I've never had such a thing happen to me, so it's hardly a common issue in modern gaming. Unless you're just trying to lay bait and start some crap.
I mostly play online FPS games, but I recently got back into campaign single player types. I have been playing these types of games (hitman.. Metal Gear Solid, etc) for years and years, through all the PS platforms... and I haven't run into this issue yet. But once I googled the problem, it wasn't like I found a few links or forums about it...There were tons of people complaining about this bug.

I am just pissed because for $60 bucks I expect high quality gaming, free of bugs. Just like all the bugs that came with Skyrim...They will now just release a bunch of patches and everything will be fixed and people will just expect to forget it all.
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
Doppel
Lifer

Quote:
I've never had it happen, either.

OP I think that is terrible and I also would certainly not start again. It would possibly happen again anyway.
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
z1ggy
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
I've never had it happen, either.

OP I think that is terrible and I also would certainly not start again. It would possibly happen again anyway.
I read a forum where it happened to a guy 3 times. F that. If I got even further next time and it happened when I was on the very last mission I think I would have a mental breakdown and throw things at my TV.

Do you g uys think there's any way I could bitch to the company and get my money back or something?? Otherwise I am probably just going to sell it.
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
tommo123
Platinum Member

they charge $60 since they can get away for it. this gen made consoles like PCs in the sense of "release now, fix later".

if they couldn't assume you'd have internet access then they couldn't do this.

one benefit to PC gaming/modded xbox. you can download someone elses save games and continue your game.
tommo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
BD2003
Lifer

Quote:
Isn't he always?
BD2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
Q
Lifer

Hmm, glad I read this. Might just wait to play this until a patch comes out.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Doppel
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo123 View Post
they charge $60 since they can get away for it. this gen made consoles like PCs in the sense of "release now, fix later".

if they couldn't assume you'd have internet access then they couldn't do this.

one benefit to PC gaming/modded xbox. you can download someone elses save games and continue your game.
There is some of that, but I've been gaming for some years and from what I can tell first-day release quality is TONS better than it was back in the day. Although a lot of new releases have a patch on day 1, it's not often that these make the game playable when it otherwise isn't. I never played Fallout 2 when it was released, but I know one person so frustrated with its unplayable bugs he snapped the discs out of frustration. Daggerfall, from Bethesda, was quite unplayable at release--and the internet was quite immature then!

I think these days games receive so much publicity that if they are released a buggy mess they will be put on a spit on game forums.

AFAIK, though, the greatest sin any game defect can ever have is game save corruption.

And now I think about it more, I've had it happen to me in the past, though I absolutely can't remember which game or platform it was on.
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
sze5003
Diamond Member

I have it for pc and have started it over at least 3 times at my own will. The game is not really long. Depending on how you want to play some levels take longer than others. Each time I restarted I found new ways to go through it.

I'm surprised they have not patched the console version yet. The pc version had 2 patches already within a few weeks of release I think.
Asrock Extreme3 Gen3| Core i5 2500k @4.2Ghz-Hyper212 EVO| 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | 256GB Samsung 830 |128GB Crucial M4 | Saphire VaporX 7970Ghz 3GB | NZXT Phantom 410 | 750W Corsair Enthusiast
sze5003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
Aikouka
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003 View Post
I'm surprised they have not patched the console version yet. The pc version had 2 patches already within a few weeks of release I think.
It's significantly easier to patch a game on the PC than it is on consoles, and not to mention that there may be fees involved on the console.
Aikouka is online now   Reply With Quote