· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #10551
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominato3r View Post
Are we talking about this? Dueling next patch...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163...te_-12_27_2012
Well, being a barb that doesn't have 300k and 50k health, I don't think I will be dueling anyone. A more WoW Battleground style pvp I would be more interested in.
------------------------
XBL: the wrong panda
smackababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #10552
Imp
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominato3r View Post
Are we talking about this? Dueling next patch...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163...te_-12_27_2012
Sweet... Time to start hoarding gold for the rush back!
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #10553
BD231
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackababy View Post
I am really starting to believe this game is against me
It is. Every new patch that comes out makes once high priced items worthless.

DEATH TO GANGSTALKERS. MAY YOU ALL DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH.
BD231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #10554
rstrohkirch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD231 View Post
The last two patches have increased the chances of finding the better items so it's logical that it would happen.
rstrohkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #10555
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
It shouldn't be so extreme that items I spent 100mil on 2 months ago aren't worth 100k now. This game is against me.

Also, I just wish they would give us an endless dungeon or something. Having to reload every 12-15 minutes is getting annoying. Just give me a room with 3 packs and every level just resets them.
------------------------
Old 12-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #10556
BD231
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackababy View Post
It shouldn't be so extreme that items I spent 100mil on 2 months ago aren't worth 100k now. This game is against me.

Also, I just wish they would give us an endless dungeon or something. Having to reload every 12-15 minutes is getting annoying. Just give me a room with 3 packs and every level just resets them.
Agreed, items that were worth billions fell to millions as well. Keeping wealth is next to impossible if you upgrade and expect a return on your items at this point, the current system forces people to loose huge sums of wealth just to aquire then resell later. Thats why nobody flips items in the AH anymore.

I dont like the level system either but we can thank D2 players for bitching about to many dungeons within levels. 4 levels of which only 2 provide ubber drops is the definition of stupid for a game thats main focus is grinding. They need new maps badly, there just isnt enough content to explore.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #10557
BD231
Diamond Member

DP

Last edited by BD231; 12-28-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #10558
Imp
Lifer

That was a joke.. MP7 uber runs and I only got 1 organ.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #10559
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
Agreed, items that were worth billions fell to millions as well. Keeping wealth is next to impossible if you upgrade and expect a return on your items at this point, the current system forces people to loose huge sums of wealth just to aquire then resell later. Thats why nobody flips items in the AH anymore.

I dont like the level system either but we can thank D2 players for bitching about to many dungeons within levels. 4 levels of which only 2 provide ubber drops is the definition of stupid for a game thats main focus is grinding. They need new maps badly, there just isnt enough content to explore.
The only thing I dislike about the economy is, now, unless you get a huge drop, you can't upgrade. Upgrading almost any piece of gear I have will cost hundreds of millions. Upgrading my gems alone will cost me 100mil. After having upgraded and not being able to sell the old items for at least a start on the next piece is a bit rough. Whatever though. I'll just grind away like always and eventually get something, or die poor.

The levels wouldn't as bad if there as a place just to farm. Maybe a boss encounter type event that, if you leave or die, you lose all progress. Just random levels infinitely. Maybe a key warden type boss each 25? That would satisfy the farmers because they can just farm nonstop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
I did 6 MP6 ACt4 plan runs today for my girlfriend. She didn't get the plan once and I got it every time...
------------------------
Old 12-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #10560
digiram
Diamond Member

Prices on chest peices seems to have gone up recently. I had sniped a zuni chest with 260 vit about a month ago for 10 mil or so. Found that new zuni chest that had more int, less vit, but % life to make up for that, and I've been wearing that. Decided to sell my chest and got 25 mil right away for it. Lowest price on 250 vit+ zuni was 30 mil, so I priced it accordingly to undercut the lowest price on market for similar item.

Also, cheapest buy out on IK chest were like 17 mil for very low vit ones that I def would not use for my barb. They were down to 8 mil at one point.

I'm guessing this is due to inflation as more and more gold is farmed and enters the market.
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Powercolor R9 280X 3gb, 240 Muchkin SSD, 1 TB Seagate, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music
digiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #10561
bonkers325
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiram View Post
Prices on chest peices seems to have gone up recently. I had sniped a zuni chest with 260 vit about a month ago for 10 mil or so. Found that new zuni chest that had more int, less vit, but % life to make up for that, and I've been wearing that. Decided to sell my chest and got 25 mil right away for it. Lowest price on 250 vit+ zuni was 30 mil, so I priced it accordingly to undercut the lowest price on market for similar item.

Also, cheapest buy out on IK chest were like 17 mil for very low vit ones that I def would not use for my barb. They were down to 8 mil at one point.

I'm guessing this is due to inflation as more and more gold is farmed and enters the market.
popularity of certain builds increases the costs of those items. CM wiz, HOTA barb, zombie dog WD... on the flip side, if you're a monk you can gear up to mp6 levels for a dime on a dollar.
bonkers325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #10562
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkers325 View Post
popularity of certain builds increases the costs of those items. CM wiz, HOTA barb, zombie dog WD... on the flip side, if you're a monk you can gear up to mp6 levels for a dime on a dollar.
Very true. Wish I had bought some Zero Dogs gear a while back. Awesome build for the WD.

Anywho, I bought a 300th spear 970+str+vit+OS for 100k recently to mess with the Barb weapon throw build. Works really well, I was doing mp5\6 with it. It's like having a super deisel Demon Hunter. If the build gets popular, I'm hoping to sell it back for a few mil.
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Powercolor R9 280X 3gb, 240 Muchkin SSD, 1 TB Seagate, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #10563
Pr0d1gy
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ok, it kinda masks your real dps. Not sure why mobs in mp2 won't clear for you @ 95k dps. I'm at 108 or so with my dh, and it's not too bad.
For some reason my damage is now 34k, so maybe I just misread it or something because I doubt it could have dropped that much without me completely changing all of my gear. I could have sworn it said 94k though, very weird.

This is my DH:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/29060434

*Oh wow, it says my damage is 84k on there but it says 34k in game last I checked.

Last edited by Pr0d1gy; 12-28-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Pr0d1gy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #10564
bonkers325
Lifer

Quote:
Very true. Wish I had bought some Zero Dogs gear a while back. Awesome build for the WD.

Anywho, I bought a 300th spear 970+str+vit+OS for 100k recently to mess with the Barb weapon throw build. Works really well, I was doing mp5\6 with it. It's like having a super deisel Demon Hunter. If the build gets popular, I'm hoping to sell it back for a few mil.
played with a WD that had almost no cooldown on zombie dog... it was like walking next to an exploding health globe dispenser. could almost afford to not have LS/LoH with him on board
bonkers325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #10565
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0d1gy View Post
For some reason my damage is now 34k, so maybe I just misread it or something because I doubt it could have dropped that much without me completely changing all of my gear. I could have sworn it said 94k though, very weird.

This is my DH:

*Oh wow, it says my damage is 84k on there but it says 34k in game last I checked.
What's really good for mowing down large mobs is that multishot. I use that sometime. Lots DH's seem to be using the bolla shot. I still don't really like it. Still a fan of the hungering arrow. Also, the lightning ball elemental arrow is great for mowing down mobs to.

Heat
Good Music
Old 12-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #10566
zebrax2

What this game need is a gold and item sink.

1.) Gem removal cost should be increased greatly at the same time making it so that removing the gem has a chance of breaking the gem, item, or both. Currently you only really need a handful of gems

2.) Bring back gambling

3.) Have something like an upgrade system wherein you could upgrade the stat of an item in exchange for a chance on breaking it or some other system designed to reduce the amount of items ingame.

4.) Make forging more viable
zebrax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #10567
silverpig
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0d1gy View Post

This is my DH:

That is because you have sharpshooter as a passive. When it reads 84k, that is your dps with 100% crit chance. Your base dps is 34k. Your actual dps is probably more like 45-50k when you factor in how sharpshooter works.

More crit damage and more dex will help in the short term. Then start working on crit chance and drop sharpshooter for something else.
silverpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #10568
silverpig
Lifer

Quote:
What's really good for mowing down large mobs is that multishot. I use that sometime. Lots DH's seem to be using the bolla shot. I still don't really like it. Still a fan of the hungering arrow. Also, the lightning ball elemental arrow is great for mowing down mobs to.
I like the bola because of the stun rune with it. It pairs with the spike trap setup I use, especially against elites and ubers.
silverpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #10569
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpig View Post
I like the bola because of the stun rune with it. It pairs with the spike trap setup I use, especially against elites and ubers.
Agree with that. Stun is awesome against ubers.

Heat
Good Music
Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #10570
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpig View Post
That is because you have sharpshooter as a passive. When it reads 84k, that is your dps with 100% crit chance. Your base dps is 34k. Your actual dps is probably more like 45-50k when you factor in how sharpshooter works.

More crit damage and more dex will help in the short term. Then start working on crit chance and drop sharpshooter for something else.
Yeah, my dh is something like 230 dps with sharpshooter. I have like 430% crit damage using danetta's set. Both with sockets, and one with 90% base crit damage. I need to increase cc, but with the WD being my main. I really feel like I'm wasting precious time playing alts.

Heat
Good Music
Old 12-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #10571
Adrenaline
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
I did an mp7 uber and KW run with 5 stacks and got nothing.

I did an mp7 uber run for a friend the other day and got one organ.

I have awful luck.
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #10572
Wyndru
Diamond Member

I'm starting to fall asleep each time I play D3 lol, literally nodding off. I think that means I'm getting bored farming over and over without finding any upgrades.

Time to take a break and hit steam up I guess.
Wyndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #10573
Schfifty Five
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndru View Post
I'm starting to fall asleep each time I play D3 lol, literally nodding off. I think that means I'm getting bored farming over and over without finding any upgrades.

Time to take a break and hit steam up I guess.
Oh man, you and me both. I will jump on to do more key farming and after like 10 min i'm nodding off as well.

Only when I run ubers with my friends am I more awake. Hmm i think i need to jump on steam too.
Schfifty Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #10574
rstrohkirch

I stopped playing the game as well. Went back to playing tf2 and trying out other single player games. I realize now that d3 was never really that fun. I think the only reason I continued to play was because of friends who did as well. I wonder how long I would have played the game if none of my friends had bought it.
rstrohkirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #10575
Imp
Lifer

The absolute only reason I keep playing this game is because I can make money doing it... a whole $0.15-$0.20 an hour now at current gold prices.

Tags
beta, diablo iii