Red Squirrel
Lifer

Wow she sounds miserable.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #27
disappoint
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
It's not your fault. The impressive thing here is that with such a shit bag of a mother you actually are doing these things you say. What a terrible way she talks to you, no excuse for it.

Such negative encouragement from parents should be relegated to movies, where better people mock the characters.

She does it because there is something wrong with her, not with you. Even if there IS something wrong with you (I bet there is, there is something wrong with all of us), she's going about it wrong. I am guessing something bad happened to her over the years, either an ingrained sense of failure herself or something else continually attacking her sense of worth and she projects it onto you. Or, simply, she's a bitch. Sorry to talk to your mom like that, but I think you came here expecting candor.
You're not talking to his mom. You're talking about her.

Merry Christmas. I just wish your Engrish was better.

Love,
Mom.
You can fool some of the people some of the time, and allow yourself to be fooled anytime, but at the end of the day one thing is for certain: Nature will not be fooled.
disappoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #28
BD231
Diamond Member

Obviously her idea of support isn't getting you anywhere, she's probably just mad cus she's neck deep in debt with the IRS and you're not.

DEATH TO GANGSTALKERS. MAY YOU ALL DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH.
BD231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #29
disappoint
Diamond Member

If Neil Patrick Harris starred in How I Met Your Mother But Still Dated Her Anyway. I might watch. Probably be better than that tripe he's in now.
You can fool some of the people some of the time, and allow yourself to be fooled anytime, but at the end of the day one thing is for certain: Nature will not be fooled.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #30
disappoint
Diamond Member

Listen to me OP. This is what you will do. If you don't do this YOU'RE A PUSSY! You will watch Pulp Fiction. Yes. Again. You will get into Samuel L. Jackson's character. You will call your mom up on the phone and wait for her to call you a failure in some way again. Steer the conversation in that direction if you have to. The rest of the conversation may go something like this:

Quote:

OP:

[OP bangs the phone receiver down on the table]
I’m sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn’t mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about how I'm a failure. What’s the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What do I look like?
Mom:
What?
OP:
What country are you from?
Mom:
What? What? Wh – ?
OP:
“What” ain’t no country I’ve ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Mom:
What?
OP:
English, mom, do you speak it?
Mom:
Yes! Yes!
OP:
Then you know what I’m sayin’!
Mom:
Yes!
OP:
Describe what I look like!
Mom:
What?
OP:
Say ‘what’ again. Say ‘what’ again, I dare you, I double dare you, say what one more Goddamn time!
Mom:
[She describes what you look like]
OP:
Do I look like a bitch?
Mom:
What?
OP:
[OP Bangs the phone receiver down again] DO…I…LOOK…LIKE…A BITCH?!
Mom:
No!
OP:
Then why’d you try to fuck me like one, Mom?
Mom:
[faintly] I didn’t.
OP:
Yes, you did. Yes, you did, Mom. You tried to fuck me. And I don’t like to be fucked by anybody except Mrs. OP. You read the Bible, Mom?...
Old 12-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #31
disappoint
Diamond Member

Oh, also, if you're really going to do this practice saying these lines out loud when you're alone somewhere first so you get them right.

If you're not really going to do this you're still a pussy. It's ok, you're not alone and the world needs pussies too, it just doesn't need any cunts. I'm not saying your mom is a cunt, I'm just simply saying the world doesn't need any.

Oh and before anyone else points out, yes I took out the words motherfucker twice. You don't need to insult your own mother. Even if she does treat you this way. She's just not all mentally there, or is unaware how this hurts you.

You will make her aware. She will correct her behavior. You may have to do it more than once. But it will work. Don't be insulting, you don't want to ruin the relationship, just fix it. She may say why did you talk to me this way? Point out you never insulted her.

Good luck. Merry Christmas. Thank you for not bottling it up inside and shooting up a school.

Love,
Disappoint.

Last edited by disappoint; 12-26-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #32
Wyndru
Diamond Member

No offense OP, but I have a feeling that the quotes you posted weren't exactly verbatim.

Everyone reads more into what their parents are telling them this time of year, it's a touch of social anxiety, we all have it. Some more than others.

But it's either venting on a forum or drugs, so I choose the inet.
Wyndru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:02 AM   #33
disappoint
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndru View Post
No offense OP, but I have a feeling that the quotes you posted weren't exactly verbatim.

Everyone reads more into what their parents are telling them this time of year, it's a touch of social anxiety, we all have it. Some more than others.

But it's either venting on a forum or drugs, so I choose the inet.
inet? Did you mean latter or former?

Anyway, keep in mind this is a Christmas card. He has a hardcopy as evidence. All he has to do is scan it and post it to make you look silly for doubting his cool brory sto..eh story.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #34
Wyndru
Diamond Member

inet meant the internet, and drugs meant prescribed drugs.

My wife is a psych, we had a convo last night, i was losing my mind around my own family. I almost had a breakdown.

I am really fucked up socially. Its sad I'm raising a kid and I still have so many thoughts in my head about the social aspects of the situation to enjoy it.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #35
disappoint
Diamond Member

Quote:
inet meant the internet, and drugs meant prescribed drugs.

My wife is a psych, we had a convo last night, i was losing my mind around my own family. I almost had a breakdown.

I am really fucked up socially. Its sad I'm raising a kid and I still have so many thoughts in my head about the social aspects of the situation to enjoy it.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe make it up to them somehow? Are you sure it wasn't low blood sugar? Low glucose can make you irritable or seem irrational temporarily. Glucose is the fuel for your brain. If it runs on empty it doesn't work very well.

Well good luck, enjoy the rest of the holidays. Kick back and have a great Hoppy New Beer.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #36
Wyndru
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappoint View Post
Sorry to hear that. Maybe make it up to them somehow? Are you sure it wasn't low blood sugar? Low glucose can make you irritable or seem irrational temporarily. Glucose is the fuel for your brain. If it runs on empty it doesn't work very well.

Well good luck, enjoy the rest of the holidays. Kick back and have a great Hoppy New Beer.
Words to live by, thank you my friend.

Today was a good day.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:42 AM   #37
disappoint
Diamond Member

Quote:
Words to live by, thank you my friend.

Today was a good day.
You're Welcome.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #38
Wyndru
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappoint View Post
You're Welcome.
I didn't realize he works in the field too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterjug View Post
work in the field, and I agree. Over half the population will seek mental health services over the course of their life, yet there's this ridiculous stigma attached to it.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #39
waterjug

It's weird, she doesn't really have a career, she's had multiple opportunities handed to her, but she continually passes on them, then blames me, my dad, her mom, her dad, her brother, her ex-boyfriend, etc. You get the picture. I've literally never met someone who's been handed as many opportunities as her. Yet she passes on all of them, and then blames everyone else for her doing it.

I graduated early from highschool, by two years actually, and went to college. The day before I graduated she told me how disappointed she was in me, and how I had gotten "all those D's on your report card. I'm so ashamed of you". I had never gotten a grade below a B in my life. So this is obviously nothing new, but the weird thing with her, is that when other people are around she's effusive in her praise of me, like over the top. One time we were with family and I was showing some recent photographs I had taken, and she fawned over some pictures I had taken talking about how they're the mos beautiful thing she had ever seen. They were blurry as fuck and I thought I had deleted them from my hard drive. I dunno, I think she does that so that other people will see 'how much she cares about me' and think highly of her, and then when no one else is around she takes shots at me.

As for me, I'm a psychologist, and I do the whole IT thing on the side for the extra money. I don't like it, but it's more lucrative than mental health. I mention I'm starting a family fairly soon, and she shits on that, talking about how I can't afford it (I can) and everyone is just after my money, and I'm a sucker and everyone is stealing my money because I'm so gullible. So basically shitting on my gf stating she's a con-artist (she makes as much as I do, fwiw) who's only after my money.
waterjug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #40
Engineer
Elite Member

WTF OP? Time to cut the cord on this one.

Go Big Blue...Go Big Blue...Go Big Blue!!!

"Opportunities look a lot like work" - Ashton Kutcher
Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #41
GTaudiophile
Lifer

Guess what? At some point it's okay NOT honor or respect or even love your parents.

GTaudiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #42
jhu
Lifer

you asian, not bsian. why you n doctor yet???
Old 12-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #43
Wyndru
Diamond Member

You sure it's not the psychology career path she is complaining about and not IT

I kid because Im married to a fully licensed psychologis with 90k in loans, and I make more in IT with my BS in CS. It pisses her of when I say that, I'm not sure why :p
Old 12-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #44
eits
Lifer

send her a card back and write "merry christmas - i hope your hands get lopped off and you go mute for the rest of your life"

or

"merry christmas - from now on, you'll be known as page 240 of the dsm-iv"
Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #45
etrigan420
Golden Member

Quote:
It's weird, she doesn't really have a career, she's had multiple opportunities handed to her, but she continually passes on them, then blames me, my dad, her mom, her dad, her brother, her ex-boyfriend, etc. You get the picture. I've literally never met someone who's been handed as many opportunities as her. Yet she passes on all of them, and then blames everyone else for her doing it.

I graduated early from highschool, by two years actually, and went to college. The day before I graduated she told me how disappointed she was in me, and how I had gotten "all those D's on your report card. I'm so ashamed of you". I had never gotten a grade below a B in my life. So this is obviously nothing new, but the weird thing with her, is that when other people are around she's effusive in her praise of me, like over the top. One time we were with family and I was showing some recent photographs I had taken, and she fawned over some pictures I had taken talking about how they're the mos beautiful thing she had ever seen. They were blurry as fuck and I thought I had deleted them from my hard drive. I dunno, I think she does that so that other people will see 'how much she cares about me' and think highly of her, and then when no one else is around she takes shots at me.

As for me, I'm a psychologist, and I do the whole IT thing on the side for the extra money. I don't like it, but it's more lucrative than mental health. I mention I'm starting a family fairly soon, and she shits on that, talking about how I can't afford it (I can) and everyone is just after my money, and I'm a sucker and everyone is stealing my money because I'm so gullible. So basically shitting on my gf stating she's a con-artist (she makes as much as I do, fwiw) who's only after my money.
A psychologist with mommy issues? Dear god, somebody get Freud on the line...

She's projecting, obviously.

My mother did the same thing to me. Finally, at 39, I told her to "Fucking. Lay. Off."

We're cool now.
etrigan420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #46
Mixolydian
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrigan420 View Post
My mother did the same thing to me. Finally, at 39, I told her to "Fucking. Lay. Off."
It took you that long?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #47
disappoint
Diamond Member

Quote:

We're cool now.
See? You need to do this OP! You need to push back a little. She needs feedback. But avoid insulting her. It will shock her and still have the same effect.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
BurnItDwn
Lifer

Well, if you're a psychologist, at least you can talk to yourself to make yourself feel better

I'm sorry OP, your situation sucks. Either put up with her crap, or simply stop communications with her. Neither option is easy or optimal, but you're going to have to make a choice and stick with it.
BurnItDwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #49
Buttzilla
Platinum Member

Quote:

We're cool now.
this, asian mom, told her to keep her baggage to herself from now on. don't shit on my siblings and I for your mistakes.

you really do have to put your foot down at some point. also, you fail at psychology.
Buttzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #50
1sikbITCH
Platinum Member

Quote:

As a psychologist the path should be very clear to you.

A psych eval, followed by a competency hearing, followed by having her committed. Next time she writes a letter like that, shock therapy would be the indicated treatment.

All jokes aside, you have written your posts in this thread in such a way as to clearly show that your mom has a mental illness or issues to some degree but you never come out and say it. So, as a psychologist and knowing what you do about your mom, why would you post that stuff here?

The fact that you posted again the next day shows me that you were not just blowing smoke. This has been eating away at you for a long time. I guess it's a good thing Dicks' stopped selling assault rifles.