· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #10501
Jumpem
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiram View Post
Did Blizz give everyone Xmas gifts this weekend. Swear, I found about 15 Legendaries over the weekend, Found 3 in 1 area at one point. One game, first chest I open dropped a Glad. gauntlet. Didn't even fight yet.

Having said all this, most were junk. 3 Glad. Gauntlets, lol. Highlights were a Manticore, Echoing, Zuni boots, Danetta's bow.

Rolls were mediocre. Except Danett's bow 870 damage, 90+ crit, open socket, 200 dex.
Paragon level, and MP?
Jumpem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #10502
ondoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpem View Post
I do MP10 with 2700 LoH and 2.72 attack speed. I'm a tank DH, and only do 40k DPS though. I hit enrage timers on the bosses.

Ondoy, what is your Paragon level? I am at 25, and have nowhere near that much luck finding legendaries. I have been doing MP0 thoguh, to get through the runs quicker.
I'm at 90 now, you must kill elites fast to increase your chances.
ondoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #10503
Jumpem
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondoy View Post
I'm at 90 now, you must kill elites fast to increase your chances.
It's funny though, because most all of the legendaries I get come from whites.

Were you getting much less legendaries at lower MP levels? What about the hellfire ring? did you spend the time farming for it to level faster, or not bother?
Old 12-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #10504
Imp
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondoy View Post
finally broke 200k ubuffed dps...

Dude... You're sitting on about $150 American... I'd be at about 300-400 million if I didn't lose 3 second-best emeralds and sell all my gold.
Imp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #10505
ondoy

Quote:
It's funny though, because most all of the legendaries I get come from whites.

Were you getting much less legendaries at lower MP levels? What about the hellfire ring? did you spend the time farming for it to level faster, or not bother?
the most i've gotten was around 32 leg doing mp1 alkaizer runs.
i've farmed for the rings when the patch went live, but stopped after creating
17 imacs and shit loads of crappy HF. it's not efficient for me in terms of loots and xp.
now i'm just leeching of from friends who needs help with uber runs.
they provide the i.macs and i provide the dps.

Last edited by ondoy; 12-24-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #10506
ondoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Dude... You're sitting on about $150 American... I'd be at about 300-400 million if I didn't lose 3 second-best emeralds and sell all my gold.
i'm sure gold will rise once pvp comes out...
well hopefully...
Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #10507
smackababy
Lifer

Today I have found a set piece in every run I've done so far. Only done 5, but still looking good. Sadly, they are all garbage except for a source. The Chondo's one I think it is called.
------------------------
XBL: the wrong panda
smackababy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #10508
badb0y
Diamond Member

40k DPS as a DH is not good you need to push that up to around 300k+ before you go to MP8+. Lower the LoH and get more DPS and grab some LS and you should do much better runs.

Also MP0-3 is like the most efficient even for the most geared people since you can do them so quickly.
Originally Posted by Neil deGrasse Tyson
God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.
badb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #10509
Jumpem
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badb0y View Post
40k DPS as a DH is not good you need to push that up to around 300k+ before you go to MP8+. Lower the LoH and get more DPS and grab some LS and you should do much better runs.

Also MP0-3 is like the most efficient even for the most geared people since you can do them so quickly.
I like being able to face tank things, and not worry about elite affixes. Aside from primary stats, my gear is all AR, attack speed, and LoH. I use a Calamity 1H crossbow and a Stormshield.

If I tried to go more DPS + LS, would I lose alot of survivability? Not to mention how much more all the CC/CD gear would probably cost. How much LS would I need at say 100k DPS? Is 3.0 enough, or would I need to try for dual 3.0 crossbows?

Last edited by Jumpem; 12-24-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #10510
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:
I like being able to face tank things, and not worry about elite affixes. Aside from primary stats, my gear is all AR, attack speed, and LoH. I use a Calamity 1H crossbow and a Stormshield.

If I tried to go more DPS + LS, would I lose alot of survivability? Not to mention how much more all the CC/CD gear would probably cost. How much LS would I need at say 100k DPS? Is 3.0 enough, or would I need to try for dual 3.0 crossbows?
You might be able to do "tank" MP10, but that must take an awful long time. Get your crit hit and crit damage up so you can get to like 150k dps. A Manticore can be had for cheap and throw a good gem in it and you will do a lot more efficient farming.
------------------------
Old 12-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #10511
Jumpem
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackababy View Post
You might be able to do "tank" MP10, but that must take an awful long time. Get your crit hit and crit damage up so you can get to like 150k dps. A Manticore can be had for cheap and throw a good gem in it and you will do a lot more efficient farming.
It does take a long time.

I don't want a Manticore. I want to keep a Calamity and Stormshield. I feel too fragile without a shield. I'm just not sure losing a lot of survivability for DPS is more efficient. I think dying constanly would make it less efficient. Even if you were killing quicker between deaths.

Any reason you suggest a Manticore over a Calamity? Any benefit to a slower firing 2H if both are the same DPS?

Last edited by Jumpem; 12-24-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #10512
badb0y
Diamond Member

Quote:

I don't want a Manticore. I want to keep a Calamity and Stormshield. I feel too fragile without a shield. I'm just not sure losing a lot of survivability for DPS is more efficient. I think dying constanly would make it less efficient. Even if you were killing quicker between deaths.
Well doing MP10 with 40k DPS is pointless I mean it must take you a LONG time to kill stuff and if you are to lower the MP to something like MP1-3 you really don't need a shield anymore and it would be more efficient to get damage at that point.
Originally Posted by Neil deGrasse Tyson
God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.
badb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #10513
Jumpem
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badb0y View Post
Well doing MP10 with 40k DPS is pointless I mean it must take you a LONG time to kill stuff and if you are to lower the MP to something like MP1-3 you really don't need a shield anymore and it would be more efficient to get damage at that point.
I drop the shield and get my DPS up to 90k in lower Paragon levels. MP10 would jsut be good for farming the hellfire ring.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #10514
silverpig
Lifer

Quote:

Any reason you suggest a Manticore over a Calamity? Any benefit to a slower firing 2H if both are the same DPS?
How much AR do you have? I am 135k dps with ~850 AR on my DH and I can tank elites in MP7 without too much trouble.
silverpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #10515
Jumpem
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpig View Post
How much AR do you have? I am 135k dps with ~850 AR on my DH and I can tank elites in MP7 without too much trouble.
750 with a quiver, 838 with a shield, 952 with a boar companion.

What main hand and offhand do you use? What about life regen?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #10516
Pr0d1gy
Diamond Member

Well, I finally beat the game on Inferno and it just restarted the story again. So should I just play it through again on MP1 or what? I just need someone to point me in the right direction for endgame plz. Thanks.

Current stats:

94k dps
4800armor
50k life
Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #10517
Wyndru
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0d1gy View Post
Well, I finally beat the game on Inferno and it just restarted the story again. So should I just play it through again on MP1 or what? I just need someone to point me in the right direction for endgame plz. Thanks.

Current stats:

94k dps
4800armor
50k life
That's decent dps to maybe start key farming on mp2, it's about 1/5 chance at that mp lvl so it might take a little while, but you might get some upgrades while farming them. Start making machines for now until you are ready to run ubers.

Could also start another class.
Wyndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #10518
Schfifty Five
Lifer

Quote:

Current stats:

94k dps
4800armor
50k life
Start keyfarming, legendary farming, Paragon Leveling, level up 2nd char to 60, etc.
Schfifty Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #10519
smackababy
Lifer

Quote:

Current stats:

94k dps
4800armor
50k life
I'd go straight to paragon leveling. That should net you decent look, and with that DPS you're going to run easily.
------------------------
Old 12-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #10520
Pr0d1gy
Diamond Member

So basically I just need to keep playing through the story on Inferno, MP1 or 2?
Old 12-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #10521
Wyndru
Diamond Member

Quote:
So basically I just need to keep playing through the story on Inferno, MP1 or 2?
It's your preference, but you can choose which location to start at. Check out a farming / leveling guide to determine what questline to start at for experience or keys or gear.

MP level is whatever you feel comfortable with, and is usually just a balance of kill speed vs reward. I.e. the higher the mp, the more experience you will get per kill, but the kills will take longer.

Last edited by Wyndru; 12-25-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Wyndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #10522
silverpig
Lifer

Quote:
750 with a quiver, 838 with a shield, 952 with a boar companion.

What main hand and offhand do you use? What about life regen?
I use a manticore and a quiver. No boar companion.

For life regen, I use shadow power with the gloom rune. You get 35% dmg reduction and 15% life steal for 5 seconds.

I then use spike traps with the echoing blast rune (plant one trap and it goes off three times) and bola shot with the stun rune. I also use marked for death with the aoe rune (grim reaper I think). When I see an elite pack at MP7/8, I mark for death, then plant 2-3 traps around me an start firing bolas when they get on top of me. I cast shadow power, and they can't really kill me because I essentially do a few million dps (crits for 500k on all enemies in range) which, at 15% life steal means I don't die so long as I keep doing damage and don't run out of discipline (have preparation on the bar for that).
Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #10523
Jumpem
Diamond Member

Quote:
I use a manticore and a quiver. No boar companion.

For life regen, I use shadow power with the gloom rune. You get 35% dmg reduction and 15% life steal for 5 seconds.

I then use spike traps with the echoing blast rune (plant one trap and it goes off three times) and bola shot with the stun rune. I also use marked for death with the aoe rune (grim reaper I think). When I see an elite pack at MP7/8, I mark for death, then plant 2-3 traps around me an start firing bolas when they get on top of me. I cast shadow power, and they can't really kill me because I essentially do a few million dps (crits for 500k on all enemies in range) which, at 15% life steal means I don't die so long as I keep doing damage and don't run out of discipline (have preparation on the bar for that).
Interesting. So you use Nightastalker, and have enough crits and discipline to keep Shadow Power up? Do you mind posting a link to your profile so I can take a look at your gear and skills? And you have no life regen specific gear. You gear for AR and DPS? What amount of HP do you keep?

Last edited by Jumpem; 12-25-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #10524
silverpig
Lifer

Quote:
Interesting. So you use Nightastalker, and have enough crits and discipline to keep Shadow Power up? Do you mind posting a link to your profile so I can take a look at your gear and skills? And you have no life regen specific gear. You gear for AR and DPS? What amount of HP do you keep?
Yes basically. I have a ~52% crit chance which helps. My preparation rune is the one that gives you 45 discipline over 15 seconds.

Here is my profile. Normally I have the full litany of the undaunted / wailing host set for rings, but got a decent hellfire ring and want the xp boost for now.

I typically gear for AR first (hence the IK gloves and helm).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s.../hero/16845432
Old 12-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #10525
Jumpem
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes basically. I have a ~52% crit chance which helps. My preparation rune is the one that gives you 45 discipline over 15 seconds.

Here is my profile. Normally I have the full litany of the undaunted / wailing host set for rings, but got a decent hellfire ring and want the xp boost for now.

I typically gear for AR first (hence the IK gloves and helm).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/s.../hero/16845432
Thanks!

Tags
beta, diablo iii