· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
alanwest09872
Golden Member

Default Need help with skyrim dlc

Ok I have a ps3. I tried to see what dlc where available and there are none on there. There are some for oblivion but none for skyrim. I know the newest one that came out was for the 360 but there are none for the ps3 its kind of upsetting. Now I need to know if I am right or if I am completely wrong. See my biggest concern is just to make sure that the game is up to date right now. Which I cant tell if it is because theres litterally nothing on the playstation store .
Intel x-25 m SSD (OS), 2 velocraptor Drives, 3 TB Hard Disk
Windows 8.1 OS
27 BENQ 1ms 120HZ Monitor
alanwest09872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
American Gunner
Platinum Member

They haven't released any DLC for the PS3 version because of all the problems with it. They are rumored to be close to getting the new dragonborn DLC on the PS3 soon though.
American Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
alanwest09872
Golden Member

what about updates for the game. Like patches to fix certain things.
Windows 8.1 OS
Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Truthslayer

UESP states that PS3 had about 6 major patches. Not sure what exactly you're looking for.
Truthslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
cmdrdredd
Lifer

Bethesda has said that the PS3 has issues for their game. Honestly I think it's because they are incompetent. There's plenty of large scale games on the PS3 that don't have all these problems. They want to push blame aside instead of retooling their engine for the PS3. Supposedly they are close to having most stuff fixed, but nobody really knows.

I guess since the Xbox is closer to a standard PC in terms of specs it's easier to work between PC and XBox (mostly xbox) but then they try to port to PS3 and they broke some stuff in the engine during the process. One of the major issues has been Save file bloat. The save file balloons to huge sizes and it causes freezes due to all the stuff the game is keeping track of. This happens on PC too. Supposedly the game saves the cell state (area state) where it keeps track of all the items you drop, dead bodies that won't disappear immediately, arrows left over from battles etc. This will reset after so much time and I've heard of different methods and times for this reset. Some people say wait 3 days, some people say sleep 3 days, some people say it takes 30 days game time. I honestly don't know.
cmdrdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
alanwest09872
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Bethesda has said that the PS3 has issues for their game. Honestly I think it's because they are incompetent. There's plenty of large scale games on the PS3 that don't have all these problems. They want to push blame aside instead of retooling their engine for the PS3. Supposedly they are close to having most stuff fixed, but nobody really knows.

I guess since the Xbox is closer to a standard PC in terms of specs it's easier to work between PC and XBox (mostly xbox) but then they try to port to PS3 and they broke some stuff in the engine during the process. One of the major issues has been Save file bloat. The save file balloons to huge sizes and it causes freezes due to all the stuff the game is keeping track of. This happens on PC too. Supposedly the game saves the cell state (area state) where it keeps track of all the items you drop, dead bodies that won't disappear immediately, arrows left over from battles etc. This will reset after so much time and I've heard of different methods and times for this reset. Some people say wait 3 days, some people say sleep 3 days, some people say it takes 30 days game time. I honestly don't know.
Well this sucks lol. I figured that since the ps3 was a stronger unit it would be easier for a resource heavy game like skyrim.

As for the uesp (not sure what that is) how can I tell if my game is up to date.
Windows 8.1 OS
Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
cmdrdredd
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwest09872 View Post
Well this sucks lol. I figured that since the ps3 was a stronger unit it would be easier for a resource heavy game like skyrim.

As for the uesp (not sure what that is) how can I tell if my game is up to date.
Well, it's not necessarily that the PS3 is stronger. There are weaknesses like low memory size etc. However, you have to program a game for the PS3 to use it's specific strengths. Some developers don't do this and then you are presented with some glaring issues.
cmdrdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
Truthslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwest09872 View Post
UESP, aka the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages, is a community site that has existed since 1995 covering every TES title in existance, even the lesser known ones. I find it a very handy resource when I need to check quests/items/characters or what have you.

As to the version number, it displays in the bottom left corner of the window when paused, then scrolling to System, regardless of platform.
Truthslayer is offline   Reply With Quote