· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #26
Ausm
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piasabird View Post
Divorce is just selfishness.
LOL Tell that to fucking lawyers the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE divorces!

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #27
Fern
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehalem256 View Post
Has the time come to outlaw having bastard children and no-fault divorce
[Raises hand] Point of fact - bastard children have nothing to do with the point of the article you quoted.

"Bastard" means the child's parents weren't legally married. Your article talks about children living not living with their two biological parents.

Clearly the problem is living with a 'parent' that is not related to the kid. Many kids who are not bastards live with such a parent (parents previously separated, divorced or one died.

"Bastard" has nothing to do with it, nothing at all.

Fern
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #28
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
[Raises hand] Point of fact - bastard children have nothing to do with the point of the article you quoted.

"Bastard" means the child's parents weren't legally married. Your article talks about children living not living with their two biological parents.

Clearly the problem is living with a 'parent' that is not related to the kid. Many kids who are not bastards live with such a parent (parents previously separated, divorced or one died.

"Bastard" has nothing to do with it, nothing at all.

Fern
And what is the best way to ensure that a child will live with both parents for his whole life?

To have the parents legally married before he is born and to eliminate no-fault divorce.

This is what society did for 100s of years.
nehalem256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #29
alzan
Diamond Member

Quote:
And what is the best way to ensure that a child will live with both parents for his whole life?

To have the parents legally married before he is born and to eliminate no-fault divorce.

This is what society did for 100s of years.
By having an overbearing and controlling mother who provides the child with his/her needs coupled with a controlled father?

Quitters always lose.
alzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #30
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzan View Post
By having an overbearing and controlling mother who provides the child with his/her needs coupled with a controlled father?
You will have to be more specific what you mean by the bolded. But it sounds like you are wrong

http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghanca...working-women/

Quote:
84% of working women told ForbesWoman and TheBump that staying home to raise children is a financial luxury they aspire to.

What’s more, more than one in three resent their partner for not earning enough to make that dream a reality.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #31
s0me0nesmind1
Platinum Member

Quote:
Divorce is just selfishness.
Divorce is: I don't want the pressure of solving a problem. So let's just avoid them LOL!!!
s0me0nesmind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #32
Don Vito Corleone
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheHateMe View Post
Nehalem, come out of the closet and go outside. I think you will find that the air is much fresher out there.
Fixed that for you.

"Wait, stop! We can outsmart those dolphins. Don't forget: we invented computers, leg warmers, bendy straws, peel-and-eat shrimp, the glory hole, *and* the pudding cup!" - Homer Simpson, Treehouse of Horror XI
Don Vito Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #33
jackstar7
Diamond Member

Quote:
Cure death!
jackstar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #34
MovingTarget
Diamond Member

Wow...so much hate and ignorance about divorce and family life exists in this thread - its quite pathetic. Divorce is not simply the "result of not wanting to solve problems" in a marriage. Perhaps you should go volunteer at the nearest foster home, Boys/Girls club, etc. and talk to some of these "bastard children". Eventually they will tell you about how they really live and about their families. You will find that none of what you speak about is as simple as it seems. Yes, there are a lot of social ills that one can be against - but NONE of that is necessarily the fault of the child or of both parents. It is often a symptom and not a cause of much larger ills in society. Divorce is not something to be taken lightly - but in many cases it is the only way to make the best of a bad situation.

Every child deserves a loving home with a two married, loving, biological parents. However, as a child of divorced parents that works with many of these "little bastards" on a daily basis- the OP can go pound sand. His outdated/outmoded sense of morality belongs in the dark ages and should stay there.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #35
Geosurface
Banned

Quote:
How does no-fault divorce fit in? Should people stay miserable just to preserve a marriage?
That's what our grandparents did, and "our" here means everyone's (for the most part.)

The proper way to be selfish is to not get married in the first place, once you have children perhaps the avenues of selfishness should be legally cut off from you.
Geosurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #36
Pr0d1gy
Diamond Member

Nehalem, we let you stay here didn't we? You trying to squash any attempts at competition?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #37
Paratus
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
Fixed that for you.
You know whenever I see a nehalem thread I always think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6sb-vOFqCU&sns=em

Except without the eventual redemption of the main character of course.
i7920 @ 3.33 on a CM Hyper 520/ Asus P6T Deluxe v2 & Asus USB3/SATA6 card /MSI Lightening 7970 GHZ Ed. / 6x2GB G-Skill @ 1333 / Samsung 830 256GB SSD, WD 300GB Velociraptor, WD 2TB Caviar Black, & WD 500GB / CM Praetorian T01 + 4x 80mm Panaflow Hi Speed fans./ HP LP2475w /
Paratus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 AM   #38
Doppel
Lifer

Although kids without parents are at higher risk of everything bad there's no way to enforce a rule like this anyway without massive mass killings.
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #39
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget View Post
Wow...so much hate and ignorance about divorce and family life exists in this thread - its quite pathetic. Divorce is not simply the "result of not wanting to solve problems" in a marriage. Perhaps you should go volunteer at the nearest foster home, Boys/Girls club, etc. and talk to some of these "bastard children". Eventually they will tell you about how they really live and about their families. You will find that none of what you speak about is as simple as it seems. Yes, there are a lot of social ills that one can be against - but NONE of that is necessarily the fault of the child or of both parents. It is often a symptom and not a cause of much larger ills in society. Divorce is not something to be taken lightly - but in many cases it is the only way to make the best of a bad situation.
(1) You do realize in the case of bastard children there was no marriage to begin with and hence no divorce.

(2) What about your experiences with foster homes Boys/Girls clubs etc tells you that have bastard children is not bad?

(3) While I am sure you could make an argument for divorce being the less of 2 evils. What possible argument is there for it being socially acceptable to have bastard children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget View Post
Every child deserves a loving home with a two married, loving, biological parents. However, as a child of divorced parents that works with many of these "little bastards" on a daily basis- the OP can go pound sand. His outdated/outmoded sense of morality belongs in the dark ages and should stay there.
What is "outdated/outmoded" about it? Do children need 2 parents less? Are adults somehow inherently less capable now of getting married* before having children and staying married?

What positive is there in it being socially acceptable to have bastard children?

*Given the easy access to birth control and legality of abortion they should be vastly more capable of waiting until marriage to have children.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #40
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppel View Post
Although kids without parents are at higher risk of everything bad there's no way to enforce a rule like this anyway without massive mass killings.
So when ~5% of children were bastards in the 1950s there were massive mass killings?

Why are we not taught about Eisenhower's genocide?
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #41
jackstar7
Diamond Member

Quote:
So when ~5% of children were bastards in the 1950s there were massive mass killings?

Why are we not taught about Eisenhower's genocide?
He said enforce it.

You could put in the minimum effort of reading the responses in your own thread.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #42
hal2kilo
Diamond Member

At least you are full on, out front, with your trolling now.

Go Mariners!

Love my new Grande Cherokee Eco-Diesel
hal2kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #43
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2kilo View Post
At least you are full on, out front, with your trolling now.
What trolling?

The Democrats appear to be serious about resurrecting the assault weapons ban because it might potentially keep children from dying. Despite the fact that 10 years of the previous ban provide no belief this will occur.

At least my plans likely would protect children.

Is Barack Obama trolling America?
Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #44
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstar7 View Post
He said enforce it.

You could put in the minimum effort of reading the responses in your own thread.
The government is able to enforce many laws without killing. I see no need to respond to ridiculous hyperbole.

Especially when society as recently as 60 years ago was able to enforce something similar to what I propose.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #45
jackstar7
Diamond Member

Quote:
The government is able to enforce many laws without killing. I see no need to respond to ridiculous hyperbole.

Especially when society as recently as 60 years ago was able to enforce something similar to what I propose.
Sure. The patriarchy was in full force back then.

By the way, this thread is you going full A420.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #46
zsdersw
Lifer

Is this what you want for everyone, nehalem?

If so, you're a dumbass... and it will never cease to amuse me to see your dream never become reality.

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand -Milton Friedman

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon
zsdersw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #47
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Sure. The patriarchy was in full force back then.
So what is your point? Other than that Feminist "values" apparently lead to girls being sexually molested.

And really if you think your modern values are so good for society... shouldn't you be able to explain why having bastard children is a good thing?

Quote:
By the way, this thread is you going full A420.
Have you ever read a A420 thread?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #48
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsdersw View Post

Is this what you want for everyone, nehalem?

If so, you're a dumbass... and it will never cease to amuse me to see your dream never become reality.
You mean a world where less children are abused, sexually molested, and grow up in poverty?

Crazy idea huh.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #49
lotus503
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
That's what our grandparents did, and "our" here means everyone's (for the most part.)

The proper way to be selfish is to not get married in the first place, once you have children perhaps the avenues of selfishness should be legally cut off from you.
Lol glad to see you aligning with the resident misogynist.
128gb Crucial M4, 256gb Samsung 830
Mix match of 2tb and 1.5tb hdds for just over 40tb
Windows server 2008 r2 running hyper v & FlexRaid
lotus503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #50
zsdersw
Lifer

Quote:
You mean a world where less children are abused, sexually molested, and grow up in poverty?

Crazy idea huh.
No, but the idea that taking us back to the 50s is required to do so is incredibly stupid... and guaranteed never to work.

You clearly have no idea how societies work.

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand -Milton Friedman

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon
zsdersw is offline   Reply With Quote