· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 08-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #26
KentState
Diamond Member

The few times that D*TV stopped working we just caught up on recorded shows. It only seems to affect the HD channels so it's not like we are completely out.
KentState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #27
Pr0d1gy
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentState View Post
The few times that D*TV stopped working we just caught up on recorded shows. It only seems to affect the HD channels so it's not like we are completely out.
Mine has gone out maybe 2 or 3 times in 18 months and it has been raining here this summer like I'm in Seattle. Unfortunately, some people still think it is 1985, but I've not been bothered at all even the couple of times we did lose signal. Like you, I just went into my multi-TB dvr and watched one of my hundreds of shows/movies...lol
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #28
BurnItDwn
Lifer

I pretty much only watch AMC, IFC, TCM, Sundance, BBC America, and Comedy Central.

Last I heard, Dish doesn't even carry AMC any more, and they were losing IFC too.

I'll stick with my Uverse simply for AMC since I like Hell on Wheels & Breaking Bad better than anything else right now.
BurnItDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #29
Don Vito Corleone
Elite

Yeah, I simply could not and would not pay for a cable/dish provider that didn't give me AMC. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are the best shows of their generation, and I'm not going to miss them because Dish Network doesn't want to pay for them. Totally down to one's priorities, but this is not negotiable for me.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #30
Pr0d1gy
Diamond Member

Dude, Breaking Bad is all over the internet. It really isn't worth living with an inferior service just to hang onto one good show.

Last edited by Pr0d1gy; 08-29-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Pr0d1gy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #31
Raswan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
Let me know how that picture looks like when it starts raining.
Pretty sure I've had it for almost a year now here in OK, where we get wicked storms, and only had it go down once. I just watched something on the DVR. So shut yer face.
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 // Intel i5-760 and Hyper 212+// Sapphire Radeon 5870 @875/1200 // G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) // SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB internal // Phantom Greendrive 1TB external // Antec Neo550 watt psu // Antec 902 // Logitech G500 mouse // Das Pro (typing) and Logitech G110 (gaming) keyboards // Logitech Z506 5.1 sound // ASUS 27-inch 2ms LCD

www.rangevoting.org
http://www.ecosia.org/
Raswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #32
MikeL DISH

IamDavid,

We love to hear that! That's awesome you're enjoying the features of the equipment so much and I hope that continues. Please let me know if you have any questions as I'd be happy to help!
MikeL DISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #33
lakedude
Golden Member

My Dish would quit working just before it rained and start working about the time the rain really got going good...

Got a UHF antenna with an amp in the attic and NetFlix now...
lakedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #34
Celeryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL DISH View Post
IamDavid,

We love to hear that! That's awesome you're enjoying the features of the equipment so much and I hope that continues. Please let me know if you have any questions as I'd be happy to help!
MikeL, if you work for Dish, which I assume you do, what is the best deal on the TOP 120 package right now? I have 4 TVs I would like to hook up to the service.
Celeryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #35
IamDavid
Diamond Member

After 4months of usage I can still say its the best service available. I haven't had one minute of outage.

If I had to gripe about anything I would say:
1- renting movies suck compared to att. We used to rent 4 or more movies a month, now maybe 1. I prefer now just to rent off my ps3 or amazon prime.

2- networked connection needs reset all the time off both of my Hoppers. No big deal but annoying.

Overall still a 9\10. Poor VOD service cost you allot of money if other people are like me.
IamDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #36
MikeL DISH

We were very happy to have reacquired that network for our customers viewing pleasure and would love to add you as our customer! Were you ever considering giving Dish a try? Please let me know if you have any questions about the service and check us out at dish.com for some information about our pricing and promotions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnItDwn View Post
I pretty much only watch AMC, IFC, TCM, Sundance, BBC America, and Comedy Central.

Last I heard, Dish doesn't even carry AMC any more, and they were losing IFC too.

I'll stick with my Uverse simply for AMC since I like Hell on Wheels & Breaking Bad better than anything else right now.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #37
MikeL DISH

Since we've gotten the network restored, our customers are now able to watch their favorite shows on it! Have you had our service, or do you have it now? We'd love to have you with us, so please let me know so I can answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to check us out at dish.com for some information about our pricing and promotions! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
Yeah, I simply could not and would not pay for a cable/dish provider that didn't give me AMC. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are the best shows of their generation, and I'm not going to miss them because Dish Network doesn't want to pay for them. Totally down to one's priorities, but this is not negotiable for me.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #38
MikeL DISH

Raswan,

That's good to hear that everything's been working well for you without any significant issues. Please let me know if you have any questions about the service and enjoy!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #39
MikeL DISH

We hated to have seen you go and I appreciate your feedback about the signal! Had we ever gotten a technician out there to take a look at it and try to fix it? Was any type of troubleshooting done? Please let me know so I can get some more details from you. Thank you very much for your efforts and I hope to hear from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedude View Post
My Dish would quit working just before it rained and start working about the time the rain really got going good...

Got a UHF antenna with an amp in the attic and NetFlix now...
Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
MikeL DISH

It would be my pleasure to assist you with that! Do you currently have our service? Our current promotional offer for that package is $24.99 per month, which you can check out some more information about at http://www.dish.com/entertainment/pa...ricas-top-120/. If you have any questions or would like to proceed in getting you set up, please let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeryman View Post
MikeL, if you work for Dish, which I assume you do, what is the best deal on the TOP 120 package right now? I have 4 TVs I would like to hook up to the service.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #41
MikeL DISH

I'm very glad to hear you've been enjoying your experience here with DISH! If you have internet or a phone line hooked up to your receiver, you should be able to purchase as many VOD movies as you wish up to your credit limit on your account. I can check this for you, as well as what we can do about the issue with the connectivity of your Hopper, if you could please private message me your account number. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to hearing from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDavid View Post
After 4months of usage I can still say its the best service available. I haven't had one minute of outage.

If I had to gripe about anything I would say:
1- renting movies suck compared to att. We used to rent 4 or more movies a month, now maybe 1. I prefer now just to rent off my ps3 or amazon prime.

2- networked connection needs reset all the time off both of my Hoppers. No big deal but annoying.

Overall still a 9\10. Poor VOD service cost you allot of money if other people are like me.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #42
goobernoodles
Golden Member

Quote:
I live in Seattle and have yet to have my dish crap out due to rain. We rarely see storms here though - just constant drizzle.
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16gb DDR3 1866
Video: EVGA GTX 780TI w/ Monoprice 27" IPS-ZERO-G 2560x1440
Drives: 2x Crucial M4 128Gb SSD in RAID-0
goobernoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #43
MtnMan

Quote:
Looks fine, and we have had some very heavy rain, with heavy cloud cover, and the picture has been perfect.
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing."- Adolf Hitler
MtnMan is online now   Reply With Quote