· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

View Poll Results: What do you play GAMES on more between 360 and PS3?
None of the following options are suitable for me 11 11.34%
Xbox 360 is used the most for games 52 53.61%
PS3 is used the most for games 30 30.93%
Play games on both around the same amount 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #51
Sulaco
Platinum Member

Wow...nearly double as many votes for the 360.
Sulaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #52
Doppel
Lifer

I first got XBL on the original Xbox and I've had it once on my 360. I also hate the idea of paying $50/year for it, and their obvious hamstringing of the device not allowing something like netflix to run (which I already have paid for elsewhere) without it just pisses me off.

I hated voice chat, but that's because I played with strangers. Seems you always got some downs kid on there being a complete asshole and not shutting his mouth for more than three seconds at a time so it had to be muted anyway.

XBL is good, though. I just hate the price. I have no experience with the PS Plus to opine on it!
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #53
jrphoenix
Golden Member

I have a 360 and PS3.. for me it's the controller. I can't stand the PS3 controller compared with the 360. I do all my gaming on my 360 now. I use my PS3 for blu ray. If 360 had blu ray I would sell my PS3 to gamestop.
jrphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #54
aizdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrphoenix View Post
I have a 360 and PS3.. for me it's the controller. I can't stand the PS3 controller compared with the 360. I do all my gaming on my 360 now. I use my PS3 for blu ray. If 360 had blu ray I would sell my PS3 to gamestop.
What he said
aizdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #55
Oyeve
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrphoenix View Post
+1

My PS3 is just a BR player and hardly even used for that. It is basically a dust-collector.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #56
BD2003
Lifer

360 mostly. I play a lot of cod, which is a de facto exclusive since it gets the maps first. Unified chat/parties is a small feature, but incredibly important.

I've sworn off everything else on the 360 going forward though. Disc swapping is a PITA. MS is so consumer hostile when it comes to accessories like headsets and hard drives. Anyone who has PS Plus knows how awesome it is. Sony is basically doing everything right, but MS continues to get a shred of my business because of sheer fucking inertia. I really don't want Sony to die. Console gaming will be plunged into the dark ages if Microsoft is left in control.

If things keep going this way, the next gen belongs to Sony, as long as the PS4 is competent. Just like Sony did after the PS2, and Nintendo did after the Wii, MS is complacent and takes their audience for granted. Sony is hungry.
BD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #57
Aidenn1

Ps3 for more time.
Aidenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #58
Pr0d1gy
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulaco View Post
I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that many console players like to play shooters more than anything and if you haven't played a shooter on PSN lately, let me tell you, it is damn near completely unfuckingplayable about 90% of the time. Massive lag, cheater infestation, games aren't designed as well, etc.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #59
Todd33
Diamond Member

Quote:
Is that a surprise? This is a US and PC focused forum, two groups that are strong for MS and the 360.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #60
Sulaco
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd33 View Post
Is that a surprise? This is a US and PC focused forum, two groups that are strong for MS and the 360.
Perhaps so considering the often shrill fanboy posts for the PS3, often giving the impression, if only through volume, that the PS3 had a stronger following.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #61
Dumac
Diamond Member

Quote:
Perhaps so considering the often shrill fanboy posts for the PS3, often giving the impression, if only through volume, that the PS3 had a stronger following.
Lol, what the hell are you even talking about. It's the opposite. PS3 rarely gets talked about on this forum (the poll is evidence of that).

People always say "oh nobody has a PS3" despite them having equal sales, or "PS3 has no games" despite having a superior exclusive library than the 360.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #62
Sulaco
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumac View Post
Lol, what the hell are you even talking about. It's the opposite. PS3 rarely gets talked about on this forum (the poll is evidence of that).

People always say "oh nobody has a PS3" despite them having equal sales, or "PS3 has no games" despite having a superior exclusive library than the 360.
Whoops, guess a hit a nerve.

And "PS3 has no games"? I mean really? You're just making shit up at this point. Also, no time after maybe 2008 has anyone said "oh nobody has a PS3".

Get real.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #63
Dumac
Diamond Member

Quote:
Whoops, guess a hit a nerve.
No, I am just saddenedby the crap you are spewing.

Quote:
And "PS3 has no games"? I mean really? You're just making shit up at this point. Also, no time after maybe 2008 has anyone said "oh nobody has a PS3".
What, never heard the stupid meme?

Quote:
Get real.
How ironic, consider you just made up a delusional PS3 fanboy problem in the post below.

Quote:
What are you gonna do now, call me a fanboy?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #64
Sulaco
Platinum Member

Quote:
No, I am just saddenedby the crap you are spewing.

What, never heard the stupid meme?

How ironic, consider you just made up a delusional PS3 fanboy problem in the post below.

What are you gonna do now, call me a fanboy?
Stop looking for fights.

My post was merrely an observation that there are a number of outspoken "PS3 soldiers" on this forum, whose frequency of posting and vociferousness leads the casual observer to believe their numbers are higher, that I simply have not seen on the Xbox side.
I'm not saying trolls don't exist on both sides, but I have seen far less outspoken "Xbox is superior, PS3 sucks", at least from established members, than vice-versa. On this forum, anyway.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #65
Dumac
Diamond Member

Quote:
Stop looking for fights.

My post was merrely an observation that there are a number of outspoken "PS3 soldiers" on this forum, whose frequency of posting and vociferousness leads the casual observer to believe their numbers are higher, that I simply have not seen on the Xbox side.
I'm not saying trolls don't exist on both sides, but I have seen far less outspoken "Xbox is superior, PS3 sucks", at least from established members, than vice-versa. On this forum, anyway.
And I'm saying, as a long time follower of this forum, that your observations are false and I have no clue where you got that idea from.

You paint a caricature of "shrill fanboys" that I haven't ever seen, really.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #66
Sulaco
Platinum Member

Quote:
And I'm saying, as a long time follower of this forum, that your observations are false and I have no clue where you got that idea from.

You paint a caricature of "shrill fanboys" that I haven't ever seen, really.
I have no desire to start a flame war, so if they are active in this forum or thread, I see no benefit in naming names. There's one in this thread though.

RavenSEAL, while no longer active, was another. There have been others. I'm sure on both sides, as I said, but more pronounced on the PS3 side. Perhaps in response to the 360 having a larger numerical following, as we now know. But that's just speculation.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #67
boomhower
Diamond Member

I haven't touched my 360 since I got burned out on Forza. I'm not a hardcore gamer so I don't want to pay to play online so PS3 gets all the action.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #68
Bloodberry
Banned

i like PS3 more
Bloodberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #69
raasco
Golden Member

PS3 for gaming and entertainment. My 360 collects dust.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #70
pathos

When they both came out, and I bought both, I mostly played on the xbox.

Now, I rarely turn the xbox on. Most of my console gaming is on the ps3.

I mostly only play rpg's and fighting games though. And the rpg part of that is probably the bulk of the equation.

When they were newly released, the bulk of those were on the 360. Now, they usually come out for both, or for the ps3 only.

And, unless the play is vastly superior on the 360, I'll default to the ps3 when they come out for both. Mostly because I don't have to change discs on the ps3, unlike some of the multi disc cames on the 360.

And, that poor wii over in the corner hasn't been turned on in quite a while. Probably since the last story (i think was the name?) came out. I own a total of maybe 8 games for it. Probably wasn't worth the purchase, when it's all said and done.
pathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #71
Dumac
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathos View Post
And, that poor wii over in the corner hasn't been turned on in quite a while. Probably since the last story (i think was the name?) came out. I own a total of maybe 8 games for it. Probably wasn't worth the purchase, when it's all said and done.
You didn't get Xenoblade Chronicles?!?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #72
Aikouka
Lifer

I would say 360 as excluding any personal stipulations, I typically buy all of my games for it. Some of my stipulations are things like disc swapping, which can be annoying with RPGs. Also, it's not uncommon for the 360 version of a RPG to lack Japanese voices where the PS3 version has them simply because there's more room on the disc.

The one thing that bothers me about the PS3 is that it seems that Sony really doesn't understand how to present a good user experience. The 360 just feels cleaner and easier to use while Sony keeps making the PS3 even worse over time. They recently released a new PSN Store, which doesn't really provide much more, but it's considerably slower than what it should be. Microsoft also seems to provide good services outside of the 360. For example, I can buy a game on xbox.com and it will automatically start downloading on my 360. Last I checked, you can only browse items available on the PSN Store on the web. They also have a decent app for mobile devices, but I wish the app let you buy items on it or browse the store. It's really only useful for social things.
Aikouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #73
zerocool84
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikouka View Post
I would say 360 as excluding any personal stipulations, I typically buy all of my games for it. Some of my stipulations are things like disc swapping, which can be annoying with RPGs. Also, it's not uncommon for the 360 version of a RPG to lack Japanese voices where the PS3 version has them simply because there's more room on the disc.

The one thing that bothers me about the PS3 is that it seems that Sony really doesn't understand how to present a good user experience. The 360 just feels cleaner and easier to use while Sony keeps making the PS3 even worse over time. They recently released a new PSN Store, which doesn't really provide much more, but it's considerably slower than what it should be. Microsoft also seems to provide good services outside of the 360. For example, I can buy a game on xbox.com and it will automatically start downloading on my 360. Last I checked, you can only browse items available on the PSN Store on the web. They also have a decent app for mobile devices, but I wish the app let you buy items on it or browse the store. It's really only useful for social things.
I actually think both interfaces suck on both consoles. None of them are really that good. Hate the new Xbox interface more than the old one. I really hope both radically change the way you interact with the systems for the better because there's no excuse at this point anymore.
zerocool84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #74
exdeath
Lifer

Haven't touch them in over a year. PS3 is about to get some massive attention in Jan.
exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #75
Aikouka
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool84 View Post
I actually think both interfaces suck on both consoles. None of them are really that good. Hate the new Xbox interface more than the old one. I really hope both radically change the way you interact with the systems for the better because there's no excuse at this point anymore.
I do think that the XBOX has begun to display less and less to you at once... well, excluding ads. With those, you get more and more now! What makes me not dislike it as much is that the experience is still fairly fluid and quick. Sony's UI does work, but it just feels slow and clunky with almost everything.
Aikouka is offline   Reply With Quote