Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Software > PC Gaming

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #576
Rhezuss
Diamond Member
 
Rhezuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 3,083
Default

Best game I played in a long time.
Love it when some ostriches charge and kill a couple of bandits lol!

BTW, when you complete the main story, does the game let you continue playing like in the Elder Scrolls series or it's game over and you have to start a new game?
__________________
Maturity is for boring people

Win7 Pro 64-bit | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | i7 3770K w/ 212 EVO @ 4.4GHz | G.skill Ares 2x4gb DDR3-1866 | M4 128gb SSD (Boot) + WD RE4 500gb (Games) + WD Blue 320gb | EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX2.0 | X-Fi Titanium HD | XFX TS 650W 80+ Gold | LG 23" LCD 1080p | CM690 II Advanced | Logitech Z623 |

Last edited by Rhezuss; 12-13-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Rhezuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #577
gorcorps
aka Brandon
 
gorcorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Bend
Posts: 25,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhezuss View Post
Best game I played in a long time.
Love it when some ostriches charge and kill a couple of bandits lol!

BTW, when you complete the main story, does the game let you continue playing like in the Elder Scrolls series or it's game over and you have to start a new game?
Based on the posts here it looks like you get to continue so you can finish the map.
__________________
-So sayeth Brandon, knower of things
PSN: gorcorps|||Steam: gorcorps
HEATWARE
gorcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #578
supremor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 266
Default

You can indeed continue and finish anything you missed so you can go ahead and finish the story anytime you like.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmanred View Post
Watercooled and OC'ed = not warrantied.
Don't be a Tweakboy, have some integrity.
supremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #579
Blintok
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 394
Default

so read much of this thread. from what i can tell this game has the one thing that will make me not buy it. This Uplay, you have to log on to that every time you want to play a single player game? I can see if you had to log in once to register the game/insert key code (similar to activating Windows)

That sux if so. That whole have to be logged in to play a single player game has killed pc games for me. If i have to be logged in to play a game i may as well play a mmorpg
which i pretty much have been doing since 1999

please say it isnt so, i played the first Far Cry and loved it. I almost bought FC3 and looks like i am glad i waited.
Blintok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #580
BlueWeasel
Lifer
 
BlueWeasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Tupelo
Posts: 15,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blintok View Post
so read much of this thread. from what i can tell this game has the one thing that will make me not buy it. This Uplay, you have to log on to that every time you want to play a single player game? I can see if you had to log in once to register the game/insert key code (similar to activating Windows)

That sux if so. That whole have to be logged in to play a single player game has killed pc games for me. If i have to be logged in to play a game i may as well play a mmorpg
which i pretty much have been doing since 1999

please say it isnt so, i played the first Far Cry and loved it. I almost bought FC3 and looks like i am glad i waited.
Uplay is simliar to Steam in its operation and really isn't that bad. I think it has an offline mode but not sure.

It's certainly not bad/terrible enough to skip out on one of this year's best games.
__________________
Desktop:: 2500K@4.7Ghz/ 7950/16GB RAM/CM690/120GB SSD/3.0TB Storage/Win8.1
Laptop:: Macbook Air (2012)/128GB SSD/8GB RAM
Heatware 158-0-0
BlueWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #581
moonbogg
Diamond Member
 
moonbogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blintok View Post
so read much of this thread. from what i can tell this game has the one thing that will make me not buy it. This Uplay, you have to log on to that every time you want to play a single player game? I can see if you had to log in once to register the game/insert key code (similar to activating Windows)

That sux if so. That whole have to be logged in to play a single player game has killed pc games for me. If i have to be logged in to play a game i may as well play a mmorpg
which i pretty much have been doing since 1999

please say it isnt so, i played the first Far Cry and loved it. I almost bought FC3 and looks like i am glad i waited.
I wouldn't let that stop you. Also, you don't have to login. There is an offline mode and you can use it just like that. You simply launch the game from a uplay window that pops up and the game starts. No at all intrusive or a big deal.
__________________
3930K @ 4.3 - 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 - 2X GTX 670 SLI(2GB) - SAMSUNG 830 SSD - 1920X1080 @ 120HZ - WINDOWS 8.1
moonbogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #582
TechBoyJK
Lifer
 
TechBoyJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 13,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blintok View Post
so read much of this thread. from what i can tell this game has the one thing that will make me not buy it. This Uplay, you have to log on to that every time you want to play a single player game? I can see if you had to log in once to register the game/insert key code (similar to activating Windows)

That sux if so. That whole have to be logged in to play a single player game has killed pc games for me. If i have to be logged in to play a game i may as well play a mmorpg
which i pretty much have been doing since 1999

please say it isnt so, i played the first Far Cry and loved it. I almost bought FC3 and looks like i am glad i waited.
the inconvenience you expect from uPlay is in no way shape or form a reason to skip this game.

If i was rich, and money was no object, knowing what I do about this game, I'd pay $5k for it. It's a helluva way to spend a weekend.
__________________
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
You're being difficult. You have not provided us with the information we need to troubleshoot the problem. You have not given us errors, you're vague about where the problem is, you are not answering the questions we ask. In short, you DON'T KNOW HOW TO THINK. Give back that piece of paper you think makes your intelligent, apologize, destroy your computer and go live in the woods kid.
TechBoyJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #583
VulgarDisplay
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,871
Default

I am currently unbelievably pissed off.

Launch Far Cry 3 from steam. Uplay launches and says I don't own any games. Nowhere to enter any cd keys, nothing. What a horrendous pile of trash. They will never get my money again even if their customer support fixes this.

I guarantee if I had pirated this game I wouldn't have this problem.
VulgarDisplay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 AM   #584
agness
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
Default

Hi! my name is Agnes. I'm thinking about buying Far Cry 3 and i found it for €23. Do you think it's worth that price? And do you know this store http://www.go2arena.com/far-cry.html? I've never buy there. I would appreciate if someone will help me
agness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #585
XenoX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13
Default

got it for 22€ totally worth it! One of the best shooter of 2012 in my opinion.
XenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #586
XenoX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13
Default

Only uplay is abit anoying since i have steam and origin too ;D
XenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #587
Face2Face
Diamond Member
 
Face2Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: AnandTech
Posts: 3,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulgarDisplay View Post


I guarantee if I had pirated this game I wouldn't have this problem.
No....No you wouldn't....
__________________
3570K @ 4.8GHz - Z77X-UD4H - 16GB Samsung 1866MHz - GTX 780 Lightning + NZXT Kraken G10 - QX2710 1440p @ 96Hz

Last edited by Face2Face; 12-14-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Face2Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #588
supremor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 266
Default

I'm no fan of either Uplay or Ubisoft in general but you really owe it to yourself to experience Far Cry 3 if you like shooters at all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmanred View Post
Watercooled and OC'ed = not warrantied.
Don't be a Tweakboy, have some integrity.
supremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #589
moonbogg
Diamond Member
 
moonbogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulgarDisplay View Post
I am currently unbelievably pissed off.

Launch Far Cry 3 from steam. Uplay launches and says I don't own any games. Nowhere to enter any cd keys, nothing. What a horrendous pile of trash. They will never get my money again even if their customer support fixes this.

I guarantee if I had pirated this game I wouldn't have this problem.
I think thats happened to me as well. It just glitches out every now and then. Did you close it down and re open? Its not perfect and has caused me a little headache here and there with disconnects, crashing and causing FC3 to freeze and crash etc. Lately has been fine though.
__________________
3930K @ 4.3 - 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 - 2X GTX 670 SLI(2GB) - SAMSUNG 830 SSD - 1920X1080 @ 120HZ - WINDOWS 8.1
moonbogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #590
Regs
Lifer
 
Regs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,137
Default

Hasn't happen to me yet, but I don't understand why we need both uplay and Steam. Uplay throws you some achievement awards for the benefit only themselves of keeping a leash on you. I know I bought it through Steam, but at least add it to the Games I own menu in Uplay.
__________________
Edit: I Always edit my messages"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down."
Abraham Lincoln
Regs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #591
TechBoyJK
Lifer
 
TechBoyJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 13,444
Default

http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/commen..._i_doing_this/

__________________
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
You're being difficult. You have not provided us with the information we need to troubleshoot the problem. You have not given us errors, you're vague about where the problem is, you are not answering the questions we ask. In short, you DON'T KNOW HOW TO THINK. Give back that piece of paper you think makes your intelligent, apologize, destroy your computer and go live in the woods kid.
TechBoyJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #592
lavaheadache
Diamond Member
 
lavaheadache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cape Cod MA
Posts: 6,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBoyJK View Post
lol.

The only thing wrong with that pic is the xbox logo on the game
__________________
Video Card Specialist

sell me your 5950 Ultra

Heat 137-0-0 heatware 1 percentile
lavaheadache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #593
TechBoyJK
Lifer
 
TechBoyJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 13,444
Default



bear grylls plays farcry... lol
__________________
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
You're being difficult. You have not provided us with the information we need to troubleshoot the problem. You have not given us errors, you're vague about where the problem is, you are not answering the questions we ask. In short, you DON'T KNOW HOW TO THINK. Give back that piece of paper you think makes your intelligent, apologize, destroy your computer and go live in the woods kid.
TechBoyJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #594
supremor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaheadache View Post
lol.

The only thing wrong with that pic is the xbox logo on the game
That's exactly what I thought.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmanred View Post
Watercooled and OC'ed = not warrantied.
Don't be a Tweakboy, have some integrity.
supremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #595
VulgarDisplay
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbogg View Post
I think thats happened to me as well. It just glitches out every now and then. Did you close it down and re open? Its not perfect and has caused me a little headache here and there with disconnects, crashing and causing FC3 to freeze and crash etc. Lately has been fine though.
Shut down about 5 seperate times. Opened FC3 executable directly. Opened from steam, opened just Uplay. Restarted 5 times. Nothing is working, and I have a ticket open with Ubisoft that hasn't been answered yet in 24 hours.
VulgarDisplay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #596
JamesV
Golden Member
 
JamesV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,741
Default

I've pretty much had it; as many bugs I can handle.

Never even tried multiplayer,because the community is telling me I'll regret it, and the co-op gives those people clout. The MP, along with co-op is shit; stinky bullshit that may smell good for a moment, but ultimately is shit.

How does a AAA (triple A) title come to this? Apparently from a Far Cry 3 mechanic... just in good co op game, and I'm booted to desktop (had to end task, stuck on map-load.

Game of the Year; if they allowed me to actuially play long enough... th is is more a 'game that was great, but sucked nasty ass because they couldn't deliver over time....

If I can't even complete a full co-op experience because of bugs, how can I compette or event think of doing so in multiplayer? Bugged bullshist, covered by some great MP, when you can actually play a long version of it...


Boo. How dare you give me such a great game, with such broken multiplayer? Do I blame the devs, the publishere, or personal Karma? On a Friday night, good game, ruined by bugs.... I'm sorry, I was a programmer, and I place the blame squarely on the programmers of this near-great game.

/end broken-spellcheck rant
JamesV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #597
VulgarDisplay
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,871
Default

I am still unable to launch my game. It's been close to 48 hours and still no response from Ubi regarding my issue.
VulgarDisplay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #598
moonbogg
Diamond Member
 
moonbogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulgarDisplay View Post
I am still unable to launch my game. It's been close to 48 hours and still no response from Ubi regarding my issue.
Have you selectedf within Uplay to NOT start in online mode? Maybe try that since trying to connect might be the problem.
__________________
3930K @ 4.3 - 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 - 2X GTX 670 SLI(2GB) - SAMSUNG 830 SSD - 1920X1080 @ 120HZ - WINDOWS 8.1
moonbogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #599
pontifex
Lifer
 
pontifex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: PA
Posts: 40,788
Default

so this website is for computer savvy people and computer nerds right? why do you all have so many problems with computers?

seriosuly, i see all these complaints about DRM and certain games/apps and i never have a problem with them. what am i (or you ) doing differently?
pontifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #600
StinkyPinky
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: A sandpit with casinos
Posts: 4,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontifex View Post
so this website is for computer savvy people and computer nerds right? why do you all have so many problems with computers?

seriosuly, i see all these complaints about DRM and certain games/apps and i never have a problem with them. what am i (or you ) doing differently?
Yeah I never get that. I've never had a major technical issue with a game. Ever. In 20 years of playing. Farcry 3 hasn't crashed once in about 40 hours of playing it.
__________________
Intel i7 4790K, GIGABYTE Z97X-UD5H, 16GB G.SKILL Ares DDR3 1866MHz , ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II TOP 3GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB + 3 x 1TB Samsung F3, 1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda. Windows 8.1 Pro

Late 2013 13" Macbook Pro, Intel Core i5-4258U 2.4Ghz, Intel Iris 5100 GPU, 8GB ram, 256GB SSD
StinkyPinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.