· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #26
BonzaiDuck
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckman1 View Post
I recently built myself a system with this board, but have noticed it refuses to wake up from sleep.
I have to turn the power off completely and reboot the system for it to wake up after entering Sleep.
Has anyone else noticed such issues with theirs?
A google search yielded some other people complaining about various similar issues, but I was never able to clearly establish the cause (a lot of what's on line and in other forums appears to vary widely in description and resolution method).
I've recently posted threads about this very same issue. It was probably the reason I deferred sleeping our computers for several years.

First, I can only talk to Sandy Bridge implementations, but it was known early in the release of the Z68 boards that OC'ing beyond 4.5 Ghz with PLL Overvoltage enabled would cause the system to fail emerging from sleep. Supposedly, with the one computer I DON'T put to sleep (my Z68 Sandy), this was fixed in a newer BIOS version following the one I currently use, and I haven't yet bothered to flash in the newer version, test and tweak.

Second, for any other system which has this problem -- and the reason for the threads I mentioned -- consider that we're all trying to recycle parts which we think are "still good." In my case, I had 5-year-old mobo and CPU that had been used less than three months tops. I also had a 5-year-old Antec NeoPower 500 which HAD been used -- not 24/7 -- but consistently over 5 years.

One of the first things to check, apparently, when you can't wake a machine from S3 or hybrid sleep, is the PSU. The PSU must trickle a small amount of power to the motherboard through a +5VSB lead to refresh CPU and RAM and maintain the sleep state. If it doesn't, you will see all the fans and lights go on by trying to wake the system, but no system post. [Which requires you then to shut down abnormally through the power-switch and reboot.]

I have as yet one computer with an mATX motherboard which only seems to work in S1 sleep-state, powered by a seven-year-old PSU which was top-end in its day to supply much more power than the machine needs. But it's old, the mATX board and chipset offer more than S1 in sleep-state options, and I'd bet some money that a PSU replacement will resolve the problem.
BonzaiDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
Ed1

there a new bios 1616 update for Asus P8z77v pro (maybe others , didn't check) .
It doesn't say much in changelog and I didn't try it. Was checking on drivers and say new bios .

"Improve system stability."

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int..._PRO/#download

Last edited by Ed1; 10-16-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #28
Burner27
Memory and Storage
Video Cards and Graphics

BIOS 1616 solved my issue of the optical disc drive not being available as a boot option.
Burner27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #29
smafi2000

Having trouble turning on my new PC =(

I just build a new PC, and when I turn on, it keep restart over-and-over, no sound bip and nothing show up on the screen, before the PC is able to go to BIOS it restart again in a endless loops. I check the CPU and CPU fan, RAM, and dips over 10 times to make sure I did it all correctly.

new PC Specifications:
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: Intel CORE i5-3450 LGA1155
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x 4GB)
Power: Antec 750 high current gamer
Case: Antec 25
smafi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #30
birthdaymonkey
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smafi2000 View Post
Having trouble turning on my new PC =(

I just build a new PC, and when I turn on, it keep restart over-and-over, no sound bip and nothing show up on the screen, before the PC is able to go to BIOS it restart again in a endless loops. I check the CPU and CPU fan, RAM, and dips over 10 times to make sure I did it all correctly.

new PC Specifications:
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: Intel CORE i5-3450 LGA1155
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x 4GB)
Power: Antec 750 high current gamer
Case: Antec 25
First guess would be RAM incompatibility. Do you have a different DIMM you could try?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #31
2is
Platinum Member

Or it may even be simpler than that. Make sure the RAM is in the proper slots. The first LGA 1155 build I did, what I thought was DIMM 1 wasn't actually DIMM 1
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #32
smafi2000

Thank you for responding.

No, I don’t have any other DDR3 RAM.

Yes, I have tested with all possibility(single, dual cannel, slot 1, 2, A, B, I also remove the RAM and same problem, endless loop of restart. =(
smafi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #33
Upgr8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2is View Post

Case in point, I have the z77 V-Pro and a Gigabyte D3H (also z77 and half the cost) and I can't tell the difference. I actually have a higher OC on the D3H due to a cooler running 2500k paired to it.
What about the non pro as in the Asus P8Z77-V without the pro? That seems to be around the same price as the Gigabyte D3H.
Upgr8er is offline   Reply With Quote