· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #1351
SpatiallyAware
Lifer

Come on guys, they were just going for a ride around the block... looking at xmas lights I'm sure.. ROFL

Like I said before, the type of person who would point a shotgun out of the window, who also runs with known felons, people on probation, etc etc etc, will definitely ditch the gun before cops show up.
SpatiallyAware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #1352
HumblePie
Lifer

Oh and another article.

http://members.jacksonville.com/news...connecting-son

People from the Marriage ceremony state there was very little drinking, Dunn was not drunk or even tipsy, and left early with his girlfriend to take care of their new puppy.

So claims of being drunk at the time of the shooting is looking less likely. Not saying he didn't "take one for the road" as the saying goes right before leaving so no one saw him effected by alcohol at the marriage/party. Just saying that witnesses from the marriage said he was not drunk when they last saw him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highland145;
I can't ever provide facts for my arguments so I just call others trolls instead and feel like I am winning!
HumblePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #1353
Geosurface
Banned

HumblePie, thanks for those links

What I think this all adds up to most of all, is something people should have already learned with the Trayvon situation, or better yet known even before that.

Don't rush to judgement.

Particularly in dodgy circumstances like this where you just don't know what the hell happened.

And don't just disregard what someone like Dunn or Zimmerman says out of hand because you dislike gun owners or you identify better with young black kids or whatever.

Try to take a more wait and see attitude, at least leave open the possibility that there's more to it than it appears at first glance.

Hell, I just watched an episode of Forensic Files where a cop was in prison for 8 months awaiting trial for the murder of his wife, their forensic experts said he had shot her with this shotgun, he claimed she shot herself... they were dismissing this as not even possible physically, etc etc. Later, it came out her family was hiding a suicide note from her, and a more careful forensic assessment showed that it would have been impossible for HIM to fire it. In the end, he was completely proven innocent.

But, most people hearing about that story before the end of it, would've gladly spouted off about how he was an awful wife beater and murderer. (She claimed in her note that she would have bruises after death, how did she know this? His ex-wife and ex-gf attested he had never been violent, and there was good reason to believe she was not only planning suicide, but planning to frame him for battery and murder)

By no means am I certain how this shit with Dunn went down. Not at all.

But some of you in this thread, and it's most of you frankly... decided he was the devil from the word go. Don't be so hasty. As we've been saying, doesn't the "45 year old businessman driving home from son's wedding decides to unload on strangers for not turning their music down" y'know... fail your sniff test?
Geosurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #1354
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpatiallyAware View Post
Come on guys, they were just going for a ride around the block... looking at xmas lights I'm sure.. ROFL

Like I said before, the type of person who would point a shotgun out of the window, who also runs with known felons, people on probation, etc etc etc, will definitely ditch the gun before cops show up.
Yes, b/c when you have someone dead/dying in your vehicle, instead of driving to the hospital, let's drive back to the gas station. Makes a lot of sense.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #1355
mugs
Lifer

Quote:

Or, you know, they were fleeing from the guy who was shooting at them.

"Giants are the luckiest team I've ever seen in my entire life" - Reckoner; Super Bowl XLVI
mugs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #1356
AznAnarchy99
Lifer

Quote:

Going to the movies? Going to a party? Going to eat? Because that's what typically teenagers do, not ride around with shotguns. We can sit here and assume shit out of our asses all day.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #1357
HumblePie
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Caveman View Post
Yes, b/c when you have someone dead/dying in your vehicle, instead of driving to the hospital, let's drive back to the gas station. Makes a lot of sense.
Well, if you were shot at, had a gun you didn't discharge, saw the other person drive off and knew the police were coming. Do you think you might try to drive off to ditch the gun and come back before the police arrived? Then come up with a story as to why you left then came back rather than letting police find a shotgun in the car?

If the kids did have a shotgun, they would go to jail and Dunn would go free. End of story. Straight up.

As speculation, if I was in their shoes and was about to caught with a gun when police arrived, I'd do everything I could to get rid of that evidence.

I am not saying they did have a gun, just pointing out how it makes logical sense if they did drive off according to Dunn's attorney and possibly a police report she referenced seeing.
Quote:
I can't ever provide facts for my arguments so I just call others trolls instead and feel like I am winning!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #1358
HumblePie
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugs View Post
Or, you know, they were fleeing from the guy who was shooting at them.
No, supposedly he already left when they left the scene after. Dunn shot, girlfriend came flying out of the store, hopped in car, and they drove off. Shortly after, the red SUV drove off and then came back before police arrived at the scene.
Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #1359
Geosurface
Banned

Can you imagine how big of shit bags these surviving 3 are if they actually were more concerned about ditching evidence than their bleeding/dying friend?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #1360
Pens1566
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosurface View Post
Can you imagine how big of shit bags these surviving 3 are if they actually were more concerned about ditching evidence than their bleeding/dying friend?
And now the circle is complete.

Lets all conjure up some mythical fantasy reality where the other passengers are "shit bags" instead of blaming the guy that did the shooting. The same guy that police charged instantly. Kudos.
SP33Demon: Sometimes I wonder if McCain chose Palin so nobody would ever focus on any of his faults. It's like he logged into World of Warcraft and equipped the Shield of Idiotic Absorption, i.e. Palin.
spidey07 The economy did really well under Bush. People want those good times back.
Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #1361
soundforbjt
Diamond Member

Imagine how hard it would be to "hide" a shotgun nearby a crime scene?

The Heat 106-0-0
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #1362
HumblePie
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundforbjt View Post
Imagine how hard it would be to "hide" a shotgun nearby a crime scene?
Not hard at all.

Drive off, dump it behind something, and then call a friend to come pick it up while police are at the scene.

That way the gun never is found. If Dunn is not there to say he saw a gun, and no other witnesses there can say they saw one, then police won't look for a gun. Which incidentally they didn't even search the red durango for a possible gun until 3 days later.

Again, I am not saying there was a gun, just giving a logical argument for there being a gun and how/why it could have been hidden.
Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #1363
spidey07
No Lifer

The felon in possession is enough to want to dump the gun.
The fact that if there was a gun, no charges would be filed and the teens would have been charged with felonies, etc.

All sorts of perfectly logical reasons for them to leave the station, dump the weapon and return saying "we didn't do nothing'".
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #1364
Geosurface
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumblePie View Post
Drive off, dump it behind something, and then call a friend to come pick it up while police are at the scene.
Or, toss it from the moving truck into some bushes, come back once released from questioning by police, later that night or the next night or whatever.

As you said, Dunn wasn't around to alert police to the fact that there'd been a gun. That might have been what really screws him.

Have the cops, to this day, even bothered looking in storm drains, bushes, etc in the nearby area? Who knows. I doubt it.

But I sincerely believe, they or a friend of theirs retrieved that gun if it was stashed. Unless it was somewhere like down a sewer they couldn't easily retrieve it from.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #1365
SpatiallyAware
Lifer

A crew of thugs in an SUV, some with felony convictions and on probation etc etc etc who would point a shotgun at some innocent old man, who fired back and killed one of their hoodrat friends... Would DEFINITELY without ANY doubt leave the scene and get rid of the gun before cops show up.

Like I keep saying... you 'thug supporter' type people need to wake up and realize that society does not care about thugs.

If you choose to act like a thug, dress like a thug, associate with thugs.. don't be surprised when you're treated like a thug.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #1366
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumblePie View Post
Not hard at all.

That way the gun never is found. If Dunn is not there to say he saw a gun, and no other witnesses there can say they saw one, then police won't look for a gun. Which incidentally they didn't even search the red durango for a possible gun until 3 days later.

Again, I am not saying there was a gun, just giving a logical argument for there being a gun and how/why it could have been hidden.
Why go back to the gas station? They were the one's being shot out, get the hell out of there. And if they wanted to, they could have dropped off this supposed gun anywhere on their way home or the hospital before calling the police. You think these teenagers were thinking that clearly. Let's drop off the gun and go back to the gas station b/c the police are more likely to believe that we're the innocent ones. Yeah right.

Of course, we have Dunn who took off, staying overnight at a hotel, learned that a kid died from his shooting then decided to drive home as the police were tracking him down.

And if the lawyer stated this to the judge, why was his bail denied?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #1367
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
A crew of thugs in an SUV, some with felony convictions and on probation etc etc etc who would point a shotgun at some innocent old man, who fired back and killed one of their hoodrat friends... Would DEFINITELY without ANY doubt leave the scene and get rid of the gun before cops show up.

Like I keep saying... you 'thug supporter' type people need to wake up and realize that society does not care about thugs.

If you choose to act like a thug, dress like a thug, associate with thugs.. don't be surprised when you're treated like a thug.
Keep on spewing your hate without any evidence. Some? Only one but that's never stopped you from exaggerating/lying.

Basically, we have some kids playing loud music, doing nothing illegal and you have some ass that doesn't like it, starts an argument and after they tell him to fuck off and play the music louder, this ass loses it. Shoots up the car and takes off. Thankfully, somebody got his plates and the police were able to arrest him.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #1368
Geosurface
Banned

Some people are just criminally naive and insufficiently cynical.

They don't appreciate just how steeped in the criminal thug mindset some teens are these days. A lot of them have a ton of experience dodging cops, hiding evidence, spotting for each other while shoplifting, talking their way out of worse consequences at school and with law enforcement by knowing more about the laws and penalties than most of us will ever have any reason to.

And if you're already somewhat accustomed to that rush of crazy shit just having gone down, and needing to immediately think of how to avoid doing time for it... you will automatically go back into that thought process very quickly.

If I ever hear that it is verified by eye witnesses that this truck left the gas station for even just a couple of minutes, to my mind that will be almost as good as a gun being found in the car.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #1369
SpatiallyAware
Lifer

Quote:
Why go back to the gas station? They were the one's being shot out, get the hell out of there. And if they wanted to, they could have dropped off this supposed gun anywhere on their way home or the hospital before calling the police. You think these teenagers were thinking that clearly. Let's drop off the gun and go back to the gas station b/c the police are more likely to believe that we're the innocent ones. Yeah right.

Of course, we have Dunn who took off, staying overnight at a hotel, learned that a kid died from his shooting then decided to drive home as the police were tracking him down.

I bet the very first thing on their minds was to GET RID OF THE GUN.

His bail was likely denied to avoid another mass riot type situation. They're still trying to recover from the travesty of justice zimmerman/trayvon situation, I really don't blame them for doing CYA with dunn.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #1370
SpatiallyAware
Lifer

Quote:
Keep on spewing your hate without any evidence. Some? Only one but that's never stopped you from exaggerating/lying.

Basically, we have some kids playing loud music, doing nothing illegal and you have some ass that doesn't like it, starts an argument and after they tell him to fuck off and play the music louder, this ass loses it. Shoots up the car and takes off. Thankfully, somebody got his plates and the police were able to arrest him.

B-b-b-b-but it was only thousands in stolen jewelry not tens of thousands!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #1371
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
B-b-b-b-but it was only thousands in stolen jewelry not tens of thousands!
POST A LINK. Or you're just lying more. This time, your posting in OT for everyone to see you lie your way out of this one.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #1372
SpatiallyAware
Lifer

Quote:
POST A LINK. Or you're just lying more. This time, your posting in OT for everyone to see you lie your way out of this one.

WTF are you butthurt about?

Look, if you follow this thug lifestyle, riding around in an SUV with people who are on probation, felons, or whatever, then don't be all surprised when you end up in a situation like this.

I feel bad for this poor old man, just driving home after his son's wedding to play with his little puppy.. Just to be confronted by these thugs over merely asking them to turn the music down. What a terrible offense, to ask someone to turn down the music in a public area with kids around.

Stop blaming the victim, take off the blinders.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #1373
Capt Caveman
Lifer

Quote:
WTF are you butthurt about?

Look, if you follow this thug lifestyle, riding around in an SUV with people who are on probation, felons, or whatever, then don't be all surprised when you end up in a situation like this.

I feel bad for this poor old man, just driving home after his son's wedding to play with his little puppy.. Just to be confronted by these thugs over merely asking them to turn the music down. What a terrible offense, to ask someone to turn down the music in a public area with kids around.

Stop blaming the victim, take off the blinders.
No Link, like usual? LOL. Thanks for proving that you like to exaggerate and lie.

Why would I ever be in such a situation? I could care less if some teenagers are blasting their music. They're not doing anything illegal.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #1374
SpatiallyAware
Lifer

Quote:
No Link? Thanks for proving that you like to exaggerate and lie.

Why would I ever be in such a situation? I could care less if some teenagers are blasting their music. They're not doing anything illegal.

Again.. The issue isn't the music. It's them threatening his life and, based on the evidence we have thus far, pointing a shotgun at him.

And link for what?? All of this stuff has been proven ad nauseum... It's just like the trayvon thread, if the evidence doesn't fit your agenda then it must not be true. Rofl..

I hope this one actually makes it to trial, but based on what we know thus far I doubt it will happen.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #1375
HumblePie
Lifer

Quote:

Speaking from a logical discourse standpoint under the assumption they had a gun, it is easy to see.

Once the gun was dumped and that evidence is hidden, you still have to deal with someone that is dying in your vehicle. Your two options are to drive to the nearest hospital yourself, or wait at the scene where you KNOW help is coming for you. As an added bonus, without the presence of the gun anymore, it's much easier to fabricate a story in time that doesn't mentioned they had a gun and threatened Dunn first.

With the gun removed, it's easier to garner sympathy from police officers due to the presence of a dying "friend" at the time instead of suspicion from those officers.

As for denied bail, the judge doesn't have to grant it. If the judge is trying to not have to deal with fallout from poltical/media problems like what happened with George Zimmerman recently, it stands to reason a judge would rather do a CYA and not grant bail.

Also, there is still there fact Dunn fled the scene of the crime. That might have gone into the judge's decision that he could be a flight risk.

All these are just logical deductions assuming certain possibilities to the scenario happened. What I'm trying to make a point is that making logical speculation based on what we know is fine and dandy so long as you KNOW that it's pure speculation at this point for either side of this case. Making blanket statements that Dunn is either guilty or innocent right now is just being stupid.
Quote: