· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
MonKENy
Golden Member

Default How to find ISP in my area?

I need a new ISP for my business. I am trying to get time warner in but they keep dropping the ball on the install and I cant wait much longer.

I need 10-15Mbs at least.

Any ideas on what to do?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz ♦ GPU: GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 ♦ RAM: WINTEC AMPX 8GB DDR3 1333 ♦ Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX ♦ HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb ♦ PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ♦ Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/
MonKENy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
JackMDS
Super Moderator
Elite Member

Is your Area is the same as My Area?

Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
MonKENy
Golden Member

lol well my address is

909 Baseline Rd Suite A
Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730

I was just looking for direction on where to go to find ISP

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz ♦ GPU: GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 ♦ RAM: WINTEC AMPX 8GB DDR3 1333 ♦ Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX ♦ HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb ♦ PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ♦ Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit/
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
JackMDS
Super Moderator
Elite Member

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpage...cho+Cucamonga/

Old 12-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
ImDonly1
Platinum Member

http://www.broadbandreports.com/search

Says FIOS and Charter may be an option.
ImDonly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
drebo
Diamond Member

I can provide you 10-15mbps of metro-ethernet service. It'll be symmetric, and it'll be about $1600/mo. Business-grade.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
MonKENy
Golden Member

charter doesnt service that area unfortunately, I would love to get charter there. Its Time warner and they super screwed up.

I had called them and they said they service my unit. So the guy comes out to survey and tells me they actually stop across the street.

They have to run the line over and to the building.

Ok ill get the property managers approval. The property manager says that is fine but they have to run it over to the side not across the parking lot.

I go back and forth a few times w/PM and TW. Finally tell TW to run from the pole and bury it down the side of property. PM and TW give a green light so I figure im good to go...

A few days later I hear nothing from TW so I call. They tell me that the address is now "unserviceable" When asked whjy they tell me that someone put in an order stating the street had to be trenched and the line buried. That it will cost 11k+

Im like WTF thats completely wrong. They have to run the line pole to pole and drop it on my side. The pole is on my property not on the street. Some how they gut the burial instructions wrong and think they have to bury it through the street. Ive been going back and forth since thanksgiving w/them to no avail.

Im giving them until wed then im looking for a different ISP. I HATE the idea of dsl or ether over copper but I think im screwed and will have to.

We cant afford those routes for the speeds we need. Im getting 50/5 in my riverside office (about 30miles away) from charter for $180 with a static. TW was going to be 15/3 for $200 with a static.

Im really tired and frustrated with this whole project.

Im trying to switch off of cbeyond and their phone system with cisco equipment. Network both my offices together. I switched to ring central so im trying to get that going.

My riverside office was a breeze. The rancho one for some reason is breaking down ever step of the way. Im fighting so hard to do basic stuff. Its cursed. Its now taken me over a month to do a 1 week job. I honestly have no idea how to make this work any better now.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
heymrdj
Diamond Member

Part of any new project should be surveying the utilities before ever signing a unit lease. Things that are important for your business to run should be fully covered, in writing, before committing to an area. You don't start a car wash in areas where the city puts a ban on x gallons per month. You don't put a compute cluster in an area where the e-company can only supply 100MW to the entire city. And you don't put a business that needs internet in an area where the internet is currently constrained.

Gecko45 himself shall ride to our rescue in his modified, modified-Shrike armed electric cart of Death, oblivious to any danger to his personnal safety (and pretty much everything else, as research as proven it is quite hard to drive while holding a ceramic trauma plate before your face). -Legend of the Mall Ninja
heymrdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
drebo
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonKENy View Post
charter doesnt service that area unfortunately, I would love to get charter there. Its Time warner and they super screwed up.

I had called them and they said they service my unit. So the guy comes out to survey and tells me they actually stop across the street.

They have to run the line over and to the building.

Ok ill get the property managers approval. The property manager says that is fine but they have to run it over to the side not across the parking lot.

I go back and forth a few times w/PM and TW. Finally tell TW to run from the pole and bury it down the side of property. PM and TW give a green light so I figure im good to go...

A few days later I hear nothing from TW so I call. They tell me that the address is now "unserviceable" When asked whjy they tell me that someone put in an order stating the street had to be trenched and the line buried. That it will cost 11k+

Im like WTF thats completely wrong. They have to run the line pole to pole and drop it on my side. The pole is on my property not on the street. Some how they gut the burial instructions wrong and think they have to bury it through the street. Ive been going back and forth since thanksgiving w/them to no avail.

Im giving them until wed then im looking for a different ISP. I HATE the idea of dsl or ether over copper but I think im screwed and will have to.

We cant afford those routes for the speeds we need. Im getting 50/5 in my riverside office (about 30miles away) from charter for $180 with a static. TW was going to be 15/3 for $200 with a static.

Im really tired and frustrated with this whole project.

Im trying to switch off of cbeyond and their phone system with cisco equipment. Network both my offices together. I switched to ring central so im trying to get that going.

My riverside office was a breeze. The rancho one for some reason is breaking down ever step of the way. Im fighting so hard to do basic stuff. Its cursed. Its now taken me over a month to do a 1 week job. I honestly have no idea how to make this work any better now.
That's the problem with using Internet access products designed for residential use.

Sure, the mbps is high and the cost is low, but you get shit support and shit in the way of account management.

That's why proper access products (like Ethernet over Copper) are expensive.

You get what you pay for.