· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #201
Gigantopithecus
Diamond Member

Walking Dead is on NBC tonight. Schwartz needs to go.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #202
MetalMat
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantopithecus View Post
Haha, that made laugh. nice

New Cleveland Indians fan, 2014
MetalMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #203
techs
Lifer

How quick people are to jump on Brees.
He has faced real adversity this year. No one really knows what has gone on between the players. There could be real animosity against those who cooperated and those who stonewalled.
Plus, the loss of players, temporary coaches, etc is enough to turn most teams into jello.

I think Brees has just been trying to do too much. As witnessed by his interceptions.

I say wait and see next year.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #204
Tequila

The thing that concern me with Brees is how these last 3 games have been so horrible. When they went on that streak to even their record 5-5 he was looking like his old self. Then suddenly he had that 2 int game returned for touchdowns and then the 5 int game against atlanta. Today another 2 ints. Something else is going on behind the scenes that has me worried.

Oh well plenty of other good stories going around this year to get my mind off it. Man the AFC playoffs are going to be amazing. Houston, Denver and NE. All great teams but I'm kind of sick of NE at this point and want to see new blood in the superbowl. Go Houston! JJ Watt is really fun to watch.

Also starting to turn into a Seahawks fan which is something I thought never possible

i7-4770 benchmarks(in progress) old i5-760 benchmarks
Tequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #205
MetalMat
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila View Post
The thing that concern me with Brees is how these last 3 games have been so horrible. When they went on that streak to even their record 5-5 he was looking like his old self. Then suddenly he had that 2 int game returned for touchdowns and then the 5 int game against atlanta. Today another 2 ints. Something else is going on behind the scenes that has me worried.

Oh well plenty of other good stories going around this year to get my mind off it. Man the AFC playoffs are going to be amazing. Houston, Denver and NE. All great teams but I'm kind of sick of NE at this point and want to see new blood in the superbowl. Go Houston! JJ Watt is really fun to watch.

Also starting to turn into a Seahawks fan which is something I thought never possible
People are speculating that he is playing with an injury but I don't see it. I just think he is in a slump right now and the receivers dropping balls has not helped him. Jimmy Graham has not been making catches like he did last season. It was odd seeing him wearing gloves tonight, I don't think I have ever seen him with gloves on.

New Cleveland Indians fan, 2014
MetalMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #206
mugs
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost recon88 View Post
Here comes another Costas halftime rant, starting to become an weekly thing
It is a weekly thing, it's just usually about football.

"Giants are the luckiest team I've ever seen in my entire life" - Reckoner; Super Bowl XLVI
mugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #207
fustercluck
Diamond Member

lol, the cardinals xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by techs View Post
Patriots fans should enjoy Wes Welker the rest of this season.
He's a goner when its over.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/colum...515&position=0

The Patriots franchised him this season and he’s making $9.5 million. If they franchise him again next year, his number climbs to more than $11.4 million. Too much, according to some veteran Pats observers. They’ll never pay a little slot receiver that kind of dough. They’ll let him walk, and hand the job to Julian Edelman or sign free-agent-to-be Danny Amendola. It’s what they do. They move on. Train keeps rolling.
Pats are always quick to shove their best performers out the door for some reason. I think it's the arrogance that they think they can win with any players. It has cost them a couple superbowls at least.
fustercluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:05 AM   #208
hclarkjr
Lifer

MRI for RG3 shows sprain only, good news. so all you haters who were hoping he was hurt bad can suck it!! http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington-redskins-robert-griffin-iii-leaves-with-knee-injury-mri-120912
Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB,16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1600mhz,Crossfired Radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64
hclarkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #209
IndyColtsFan
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M. View Post
Yeah, and they've been looking good for the past several games.

However, we have a terrible clutch team on both sides. I was done with this season after the Colts tried their best to give us a win, but the Lions would not have it and insisted Indy take the win.

I got into a little dispute with indycoltsfan back in week 1, and I will take my lumps. Detroit sucks, Indy doesn't and are looking pretty good.

If the Lions choke this game away, heads need to roll on that coaching staff.
I appreciate the feedback, but as I've said many times in the forum this year, I think the Colts are simply the best of the mediocre/bad team tier and have too many serious flaws (particularly on the offensive line) to beat anyone in the playoffs except maybe the Ravens and Steelers, who they won't get to play.
MAIN: i7-2600K @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3-1600 | Seagate 600 series 240 GB SSD (boot) | Samsung Evo 500 GB | 2 TB (data) | MSI Lightning GTX780 | Cosmos S | Dell U2410 and 2001fp | Seasonic Platinum 760 | Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
IndyColtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #210
ichy
Diamond Member

The Ravens have been so full of fail for the past couple of weeks. First they lose at home to a team with a third-string QB, then they lose against the loathsome Dan Snyder's team. Fortunately the AFC North seems to be in a race to the bottom with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati both losing to mediocre teams.

Kind of cool to see the Browns pulling it together. It's too late in the season for them to accomplish anything but maybe they'll turn into something next year.
“Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely soley upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is free inquiry, openmindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake.”
-Christopher Hitchens
ichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #211
Nintendesert
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hclarkjr View Post
MRI for RG3 shows sprain only, good news. so all you haters who were hoping he was hurt bad can suck it!! http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/washington-redskins-robert-griffin-iii-leaves-with-knee-injury-mri-120912

He's had two significant injuries this year that I can recall in a league that's still trying to figure him out. I'd say that doesn't bode well for him once they do figure out how to properly defense him.

He's going to wind up like Vick, broken and smashed at this rate.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #212
darkewaffle
Diamond Member

Bad news is Steelers lost, good news is Ravens and Bengals decided to do so as well in an ugly divisional show of solidarity lol.

I haven't gotten to see any replays of it but I feel like that "fumble" was a total botched call and two touchdowns in twelve seconds really put the game out of reach with relatively little time left. Seemed to me to be going forward at least.

For the most part Ben seemed ok, some throws were a little off, particularly in the first half but he was moving around fairly well and getting back up from hits at least.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #213
BUTCH1
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendesert View Post
He's had two significant injuries this year that I can recall in a league that's still trying to figure him out. I'd say that doesn't bode well for him once they do figure out how to properly defense him.

He's going to wind up like Vick, broken and smashed at this rate.
His only runs should be on like a third and 6, get the first and slide down, if he continues to challenge for further yardage (which he is capable of doing) in the end his career will be a short one, IMO he's got enough talent to be the pocket passer Vick never truly was..
Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #214
zinfamous
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan View Post
I appreciate the feedback, but as I've said many times in the forum this year, I think the Colts are simply the best of the mediocre/bad team tier and have too many serious flaws (particularly on the offensive line) to beat anyone in the playoffs except maybe the Ravens and Steelers, who they won't get to play.
So now RG3 has more to work against than does Luck.

got it!

mentally he's such a klutz
his head is made of 50 butts
zinfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #215
zinfamous
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkewaffle View Post
Bad news is Steelers lost, good news is Ravens and Bengals decided to do so as well in an ugly divisional show of solidarity lol.
haha, yeah. just the opposite of what I needed yesterday:

Skins won!

...so did Cowboys and Giants.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #216
Ausm
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantopithecus View Post
I think he did an awesome job!

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #217
Ausm
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfamous View Post
So now RG3 has more to work against than does Luck.

got it!

I knew it was only a matter of time before RG3 would go down the way he throws his body around.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #218
ichy
Diamond Member

Jim Caldwell is the Ravens new offensive coordinator, they fired Cam Cameron. I'm curious to see how Flacco does with a new OC.
“Our belief is not a belief. Our principles are not a faith. We do not rely soley upon science and reason, because these are necessary rather than sufficient factors, but we distrust anything that contradicts science or outrages reason. We may differ on many things, but what we respect is free inquiry, openmindedness, and the pursuit of ideas for their own sake.”
-Christopher Hitchens
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #219
uclaLabrat
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTCH1 View Post
His only runs should be on like a third and 6, get the first and slide down, if he continues to challenge for further yardage (which he is capable of doing) in the end his career will be a short one, IMO he's got enough talent to be the pocket passer Vick never truly was..
why are qb's so much more fragile than other players? Why do they seem to get bounced by hits harder than other positions like WR or TE? RGIII isn't built much different than they are, and those positions can have long careers.

I guess I don't get it.
uclaLabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #220
RPD
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaLabrat View Post
why are qb's so much more fragile than other players? Why do they seem to get bounced by hits harder than other positions like WR or TE? RGIII isn't built much different than they are, and those positions can have long careers.

I guess I don't get it.
I'd venture a guess it's three things, they usually aren't as big/strong as the players hitting them, they aren't getting hit in practice through their football career, which kinda tails into my last idea, when you get hit, block or tackle frequently, you have a better idea what to do with your body during the process. When you don't, you are more apt to get hurt.
RPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #221
ichy
Diamond Member

Quarterbacks are also more expensive.
-Christopher Hitchens
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #222
vi edit
Elite Member
Super Moderator

Another thing with a QB running is that defenders just put a little extra "pop" on the hit since it's a chance at a "kill shot" on the single most important position in the game.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #223
Nintendesert
Diamond Member

The QB also doesn't wear the same level of padding. They are also hit in positions where they aren't ready to be hit. It's one thing to have your head down and blasting a LB as a RB but another to get hit in the small of the back when you never expected it. Those add up and just adding a few more extra hits like a RB and you have a broken body. It's not like RBs play a whole long time as it is.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #224
zinfamous
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendesert View Post
The QB also doesn't wear the same level of padding. They are also hit in positions where they aren't ready to be hit. It's one thing to have your head down and blasting a LB as a RB but another to get hit in the small of the back when you never expected it. Those add up and just adding a few more extra hits like a RB and you have a broken body. It's not like RBs play a whole long time as it is.
exactly. it's hard to argue that RBs are tougher and used to taking more hits. If you look at it, a running back having a career more than 4 or so seasons is extremely unusual. They slow down faster than any position in the league.

Just look at some the more recent elite RBs and how long their value has lasted over that prime time: LT, Chris Johnson, McCoy, Jackson, etc. These guys are great and explosive for an amazing length of time--I'd say about 4 seasons, which is highly unusual. Then you have guys that for whatever reason, have these remarkable seasons but last even shorter: Shawn Alexander, Priest Holmes, that guy in Denver whose name I can never remember (Elway's back). Also: Rickie Williams.

Currently, Ray Rice and Foster seem to be the most resilient, but I'd wager they have one more good year--if they are lucky.

Then there are the truly weird: Adrian Peterson seems to be unstoppable, even in the face of what should be career-ending injuries (and this is a guy that started his pro career after such an injury). And of course Emmit Smith. Smith is odd, but he spent his entire career running up the middle for about 10-15 yards, untouched. Credit Barry Sanders with all of his horizontal and backwards yards to avoid tackles, and he would probably have 3x as many yards as Emmit.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #225
Phokus
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichy View Post
Jim Caldwell is the Ravens new offensive coordinator, they fired Cam Cameron. I'm curious to see how Flacco does with a new OC.
[img]http://1**************.com/-qrQAouRv4Lk/Tq27H6vFoHI/AAAAAAAAALQ/EZYZZ9btxuU/s1600/TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg[/img]
Why racists vote Republican
ATPN has become such a shithole, conservatives even advocate for genocide.
Phokus is offline   Reply With Quote