· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
senttoschool
Golden Member

Default Buy Logitech Stuff

Their warranty policy is superb. Twice now, I've had the left click of a mouse malfunction. Both times, Logitech sent over a replacement without any hassle. I just chatted with their support and then gave them my address.

The first time was a wireless mouse bundled with a keyword. Now I just received a brand new G500 mouse as a replacement without needing to send in my old mouse.

I'm starting to think that many users scam Logitech for free gear because of how easy it's to get them to send you a new replacement.
senttoschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Zap
Super Moderator
Off Topic
Elite Member

It also goes to show just how little those things cost them to manufacture. An $80 mouse doesn't cost 8X more to make than a $10 mouse.

The other thing is that they probably want to cultivate a reputation for good customer service. I've read many Newegg end user reviews where the consumer was really pissed that they had to pay shipping to return an item for RMA. See, even if you scammed them for a free G500, they just got your forum post about your good experience that is probably worth more to them as an advertisement than paying for a banner ad, and certainly worth a lot more than the few bucks it costs them for the mouse and shipping.

SSD turns duds into studs. (JBT)

Last edited by Zap; 11-30-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Zap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
JamesV
Golden Member

Apparently that is only with mice, because they have sent me replacements for my G9X without me having to send the old one in, but for my G35 headset (entire ear cup broke off when putting it on my head), I had to actually send it in.
JamesV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
amdTJL0

I love their warranty too - I had the piece of rubber come off the wheel on my MX Revolution almost 2 years later and contacted them about it. They sent me the newest model no problem when I showed them pictures. I always buy their mouse/keyboard combos and they have never let me down
amdTJL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
kache

Agree with warranty. It's awesome.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
kache

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesV View Post
Apparently that is only with mice, because they have sent me replacements for my G9X without me having to send the old one in, but for my G35 headset (entire ear cup broke off when putting it on my head), I had to actually send it in.
For my broken G35 (same issue as you) they sent UPS to get them directly from my house free of charge.

Much better than last time (4 years ago), when I had to send them the G35s back on my expense 5 times in a row, because of that crackling issue, caused by poor shielding.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
_Rick_
Diamond Member

No way, my MX-500 also outwore its left click, after ten years...
Now it only works at a slightly les ergonomic position.

I might actually just open the thing and swap the clicker....
_Rick_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
videogames101
Diamond Member

As always, Logitech support is the best in the industry.

Even if they're products aren't necessarily the highest quality, I'm always comfortable buying from them and even prefer the brand because of the level of support they offer.

I should send them an email sometime just to tell them this.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
EpicSurvivor

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by senttoschool View Post
Their warranty policy is superb. Twice now, I've had the left click of a mouse malfunction. Both times, Logitech sent over a replacement without any hassle. I just chatted with their support and then gave them my address.

The first time was a wireless mouse bundled with a keyword. Now I just received a brand new G500 mouse as a replacement without needing to send in my old mouse.

I'm starting to think that many users scam Logitech for free gear because of how easy it's to get them to send you a new replacement.
Does the product need to be registered to get this "Warranty" 100%?
OS-Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Monitor- 144 Hz Asus VG248QE 24"

Successfully Built on 8/31/12

EpicSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
videogames101
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSurvivor View Post
Does the product need to be registered to get this "Warranty" 100%?
no
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
EpicSurvivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by videogames101 View Post
no
Great! I lost the account where my product was originally registered.
OS-Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Monitor- 144 Hz Asus VG248QE 24"

Successfully Built on 8/31/12

EpicSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
DSF
Diamond Member

I've had the left clicker in my two Logitech mice wear out after the warranty period expired. They declined to replace the mice, and I have no problem with that. This is not a crap on Logitech post. Years ago when my brother had a Logitech joystick that was malfunctioning they sent multiple replacements no questions asked because the returned units also malfunctioned. (That line of joysticks just turned out to have lots of problems.)

However, I don't really want to be in the mode of buying a new mouse every 3-4 years because the clicker is wearing out shortly after the warranty period. It seems like an issue that is widespread with Logitech mice, and makes me wary of buying more of their products. I might experiment with another brand or two for my next purchase.
DSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #13
dbailey

I've used Logitech mice since 1992.. Only one has broken, my G9.. called them, they sent me out a G9X no questions asked. Never had a clicker break..Only had to replace the sliders occasionally. I've had this MX500 for probably 10 years(at work, use it 8 hours/day) and it is still working great. Love them.
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
videogames101
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSF View Post
I've had the left clicker in my two Logitech mice wear out after the warranty period expired. They declined to replace the mice, and I have no problem with that. This is not a crap on Logitech post. Years ago when my brother had a Logitech joystick that was malfunctioning they sent multiple replacements no questions asked because the returned units also malfunctioned. (That line of joysticks just turned out to have lots of problems.)

However, I don't really want to be in the mode of buying a new mouse every 3-4 years because the clicker is wearing out shortly after the warranty period. It seems like an issue that is widespread with Logitech mice, and makes me wary of buying more of their products. I might experiment with another brand or two for my next purchase.
I had my G7 clicker go bad out of warranty, they didn't replace it. What they did, was give me a coupon for 50% off a new mouse. Who does that?

Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
smackababy
Lifer

I had a G7 go bad on me in under a year (random disconnect problem) and they offered zero support. Bought a Razer after that and haven't looked back.
------------------------
XBL: the wrong panda
smackababy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
Nessism
Golden Member

My kid hammered our MX700 keyboard gaming and busted the space bar. Keyboard lasted almost two years so no real complaint, but Logitech sent us a replacement no questions asked. Great customer service. Told the kid to use the mechanical keyboard when gaming, but when that broke, he was forced to use the Logitech instead and broke the new one in less than a week.

Have a new mechanical with Cherry switches under the Christmas tree and bummed the new Logitech failed so fast. I love Logitech but not sure about these keyboards...

HEAT
Nessism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #17
TheVrolok
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rick_ View Post
No way, my MX-500 also outwore its left click, after ten years...
Now it only works at a slightly les ergonomic position.

I might actually just open the thing and swap the clicker....
Same thing happened to my old mx700. Was an incredibly easy fix. Switches were really cheap on ebay, and it was a simple solder off/solder on.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #18
entropism2

I've had great experiences with logitech in the past, but recently it's been a hassle. Years back, I had an MX1000 that broke, and they sent me a new one without hesitation. I asked about sending the old one back and they actually said "It's broke, right? Throw it out!". Since they switched to their overseas customer service, things have gone downhill (but still better than most places).

More recently, I had an MX Revolution die on me that was just out of warranty, so they gave me a 50% off coupon for their online store. Ended up getting the MX Performance and a wireless solar keyboard, the K750. I've had the Performance replaced once about a month ago, but I was on my 3rd replacement for the K750. The solar panels are horrible on it, and the device just doesn't charge after a while.

Anyways, when I called up, they insisted I send my keyboard back FIRST, wait a few weeks, and then have one sent back out to me. Considering it's my only keyboard, it's a little inconvenient! Finally I argued for a little bit, and asked about swapping to a different model. I was told I could get any keyboard under the price of the K750, ended up with the G110. We'll see how well this one holds up... I'm not used to full sized keys and the SQUEAKING this thing does. Sounds like I'm poking a mouse every time I type.
entropism2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
eelw
Diamond Member

Been using Logitech since the first original Cordless desktop model. And the keyboard is still working fine after 15 years now. I've upgraded the mouse a few times. Only needed to have one replaced under warranty. They upgraded my MX900 to the MX1000 model that time.
(\__/)(\__/)
(='.'=)(='.'=)
(")_(")(")_(")
eelw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #20
bigrash
Lifer

Love Logitech. Just had my mouse replaced a few weeks ago after it started double clicking/not clicking.
bigrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #21
Doom 4d

I've had better luck with hardware that just doesn't have the same propensity to break. That's been my favorite policy, in any case.
Doom 4d is offline   Reply With Quote