· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #2276
Imported
Lifer

My regrets were getting thin at RB in a majority of my leagues and not picking up the smart waiver pickups (Morris, Brown, etc.).. I won't be going TE (Graham/Gronk) in the first or second rounds again.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #2277
T2urtle
Diamond Member

Gronk was a decent pick. Not first round but 2nd/3rd I would of.
T2urtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #2278
KeithTalent
Administrator
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported View Post
My regrets were getting thin at RB in a majority of my leagues and not picking up the smart waiver pickups (Morris, Brown, etc.).. I won't be going TE (Graham/Gronk) in the first or second rounds again.
That actually worked out pretty well for me, it was more WR where I felt the pinch. I went Brady/Gronk with my first two picks, then ended up with Bradshaw and Gore as my starting RBs. Only two of the WRs I drafted are still on my team, I just got lucky with trades and waivers (my WRs still suck, but they are passable)

If Gronk had not broken his arm, I think he would have easily been worth that second round pick and even now I still think he was considering some of the other guys that went right before and after him.

KT
KeithTalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #2279
Imported
Lifer

In a couple leagues, I went both Graham and Gronk, playing one at flex. That was my mistake. The only reason it worked in the AT Keeper League was cause I had AP/Martin beasting it up at RB.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #2280
MisterJackson
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vi edit View Post
I traded Newton for Rodgers three weeks ago, and gave up a 2nd round pick next year for it. Rodgers has proceeded to put up a poo poo platter of performances since then while Newton has exploded.

Bleh. Crummy part is that I've got Dalton riding the bench and he's outscoring Rodgers too.

Plus on Thanksgiving I was in the process of moving NY Pats into my def instead of Seattle and was about 10 seconds too late. That cost me 20 points for the week and could ultimately keep me out of money rounds in another league.
Ouch. I know that feel, bro.

@Spidey - Yeah, I learned early on to trust my gut and to not second guess myself after I made a move. It's really hard to not second guess yourself in any of this though.

When I went into this (this is my first year), I was so green that I thought it would be stupid to drop or trade somebody. I learned quickly though.

Up until I proposed a trade with my gf (in week 3) NO ONE in our league had ever traded before (this league is in it's second year). I guess my trading shook things up, because right after my trade was approved, other players started trading. It was a little mini tradie frenzy there for awhile, and I loved it. I got a rush from the wheeling and dealing. haha
MisterJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #2281
slayer202
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJackson View Post
What's been you're biggest regret of the season so far? (i.e. Benched when you should have played, bad trade, etc.)
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...postcount=1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by eits View Post
waiting for mendenhall to get back to being healthy so i can laugh at slayer for trying to ridicule me on the trade...

refresher:
i gave up nicks and graham
i got mendenhall, rudolph, and decker

i desperately needed another starting running back on my team.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #2282
MetalMat
Diamond Member

No big regrets in the ATOT auction league, I was really down on my team after the draft but ended up almost getting into the playoffs at 6-5. My biggest regrets were sticking with Philip Rivers and Jermichael Finley for far too long. I kept thinking Rivers would turn it around for good but he never did.

Congrats to the Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, the 2013 New Orleans Bowl champs!
MetalMat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #2283
NoCreativity
Golden Member

Drafted Jordy Nelson instead of Matt Ryan. Didn't realize there was one person before me in the next round who hadn't yet picked a QB. Stuck with Eli all season though I managed to make playoffs.

Need to stick with my draft plan next year instead of being tempted by possiblities.
NoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #2284
MisterJackson
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer202 View Post
That's not really YOUR regret though is it?
MisterJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #2285
eits
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJackson View Post
That's not really YOUR regret though is it?
it isn't my regret, either. it was a solid trade, even though mendenhall had a fluke injury.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #2286
KeithTalent
Administrator
Elite Member

Quote:
it isn't my regret, either. it was a solid trade, even though mendenhall had a fluke injury.
Wasn't he a healthy scratch last week?

Spending so much on Chris Johnson was probably my biggest regret; really thought he would be better this year. He had some moments, but he was not worth $55.

KT
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #2287
vi edit
Super Moderator

So moving into "fantasy" playoffs...what teams do you think will be resting starters? Patriots, Texans, Broncos and Falcons are about the only teams that a clear lock on their divisions. Everyone else is still up in the air with a true "wild card" for the remaining teams. There's a whole pile of 6-8 win teams out there and that can swing all over the place coming into the end of the NFL regulation season. So a lot of teams still battling for spots.

Who ends up getting rested for the playoffs or shut down for the rest of the year? Think Fox puts Manning in for a quarter and pulls him? How about The Hooded one and his typical style of not resting people? The end of the regulation season and the Fantasy playoffs were awlays something that I hated for head to head matchups because of this.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #2288
KeithTalent
Administrator
Elite Member

I would think the Pats/Texans/Broncos will be playing for the bye since they are all bunched up, so not sure they really bench anyone. Falcons maybe.

KT
Old 12-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #2289
eits
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithTalent View Post
Wasn't he a healthy scratch last week?

Spending so much on Chris Johnson was probably my biggest regret; really thought he would be better this year. He had some moments, but he was not worth $55.

KT
yeah, but he lost all kinds of momentum by injuring himself again and tons of touches to both backups. he's worthless right now. had he not injured himself, i'm sure he would have been slightly better than ryan mathews.

either way, yes, the mendenhall trade was a gamble and loss. however, the combination of rudolph and decker produced more points than nicks and graham. all in all, it was a trade that produced my team more points. therefore, it was a good trade.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #2290
SunnyD
Belgian Waffler

Biggest regret, dropping Doug Martin in week 3 or 4.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #2291
Imported
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
Biggest regret, dropping Doug Martin in week 3 or 4.
Ouch.. I regretted not targeting or spending more on Martin in more of my leagues.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #2292
AstroManLuca
Lifer

If I've learned anything about fantasy football in this, my first year playing, it's that I'm loading up on RBs early and often in the draft. They're like lottery tickets, and the more you draft the better your chances of winning. And if you do luck out and get a great RB, your potential rewards are higher as well.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #2293
chitwood

biggest regret:

I benched Reggie Wayne when he went for 212 + TD

I benched Jordy Nelson when he went for 121 + 3TD

If I had played them in those weeks, I would have won both matchups, and been 9-4 instead of 7-6. Pretty big swing.
chitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #2294
eits
Lifer

i think my biggest regret was trading aaron rodgers for mccoy and philip rivers. i was deserpate for a stud running back... traded rodgers away at around week 5 or so. mccoy hasn't been the runner he was supposed to be this season, which sucks. i shoulda tried some other managers. either way, i regret getting rid of rodgers so soon.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #2295
lupi
Lifer

Finished 1st in the college picks. In 3 of 4 league playoffs, last league not decided yet and its me and I believe 2 others going for last spot. Finished 3rd in one survivor pool and still alive in the other.

Sucking big tit in the nfl pick pool.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite
lupi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #2296
vi edit
Super Moderator

The "BIG 3" RB's that usually went 1-2-3 have all been a bit of a letdown this year. Foster the least of a letdown, but nothing like his prior years. Mccoy has been a total bust, and Rice has been simply "OK". Fred Jackson has been a dud. Richardson and Lynch are the two that were really worth their positions.

There were much better finds deeper in the draft that paid off or were waiver pickups. AP in particular was a steal for people that got him in the 4th round. Charles has been hit or miss depending on where you got him. Bradshaw has been great. Ridely has done very well for going fairly late too. And well done for anyone that grabbed Spiller or Morris off the waivers.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #2297
NoCreativity
Golden Member

Quote:
The "BIG 3" RB's that usually went 1-2-3 have all been a bit of a letdown this year. Foster the least of a letdown, but nothing like his prior years. Mccoy has been a total bust, and Rice has been simply "OK". Fred Jackson has been a dud. Richardson and Lynch are the two that were really worth their positions.

There were much better finds deeper in the draft that paid off or were waiver pickups. AP in particular was a steal for people that got him in the 4th round. Charles has been hit or miss depending on where you got him. Bradshaw has been great. Ridely has done very well for going fairly late too. And well done for anyone that grabbed Spiller or Morris off the waivers.
He has helped me quite a bit this year. No real explosive weeks but pretty solid all year. Got him 8th, 9th and 12th rounds.

Just realized I got Wayne in the 8th and 13th rounds. What a steal that was, at least until the last couple weeks.

Last edited by NoCreativity; 12-04-2012 at 01:52 PM.
NoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #2298
MetalMat
Diamond Member

Quote:
So moving into "fantasy" playoffs...what teams do you think will be resting starters? Patriots, Texans, Broncos and Falcons are about the only teams that a clear lock on their divisions. Everyone else is still up in the air with a true "wild card" for the remaining teams. There's a whole pile of 6-8 win teams out there and that can swing all over the place coming into the end of the NFL regulation season. So a lot of teams still battling for spots.

Who ends up getting rested for the playoffs or shut down for the rest of the year? Think Fox puts Manning in for a quarter and pulls him? How about The Hooded one and his typical style of not resting people? The end of the regulation season and the Fantasy playoffs were awlays something that I hated for head to head matchups because of this.
I would not worry about the Patriots, they always seem to play the whole season outright regardless of record. Only team to worry about right now in the AFC would be the Texans.

At first glance people may worry about the Falcons but I would not be so sure, if they are playing well they may decide to continue so down the stretch given their past playoff performances were terrible. Letting off the gas pedal may be a bad thing for them.

Congrats to the Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns, the 2013 New Orleans Bowl champs!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #2299
MetalMat
Diamond Member

Quote:
i think my biggest regret was trading aaron rodgers for mccoy and philip rivers. i was deserpate for a stud running back... traded rodgers away at around week 5 or so. mccoy hasn't been the runner he was supposed to be this season, which sucks. i shoulda tried some other managers. either way, i regret getting rid of rodgers so soon.
idk, besides that monster game in week 6 you have not been missing too much. He has been pretty mediocre his past few games.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #2300
spidey07
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMat View Post
I would not worry about the Patriots, they always seem to play the whole season outright regardless of record. Only team to worry about right now in the AFC would be the Texans.

At first glance people may worry about the Falcons but I would not be so sure, if they are playing well they may decide to continue so down the stretch given their past playoff performances were terrible. Letting off the gas pedal may be a bad thing for them.
I think teams that traditionally "rest" players for the playoffs, including 1st round byes, historically do poorly.
(")_(")
spidey07 is offline   Reply With Quote