Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Politics and News

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #101
EagleKeeper
Discussion Club Moderator
Elite Member
 
EagleKeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bumps west of Denver
Posts: 42,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
My my, there's a lot of vitriol in this thread. The liberals posting, I hope, realize the conservatives have defective brains????????? How can you get angry at that? It's not like it's their fault they are that way.

The preponderance of objective opinion, I think is is fair to say, is that the attacks on Rice are profoundly inappropriate. What more needs to be said. The conservative mind reacts to disgust and that makes the conservative mind disgusting. That's where we are as long as conservatives practice denial. I don't see that changing much except around the edges, so far. Those who hold others in contempt are contemptible and contempt is expressed at the polls. The Republican party is dying as it the bigotry on which it is based. Be of good cheer.
The issue is not the attacking of Rice, but the stupidity of an explanation of why the attacks.

Complete paranoia by the liberals who can not count and the lapdogs that believe
__________________
F15 Air Superiority Fighter - Never has one been lost in aerial combat (104 kills)
EagleKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #102
HomerJS
Diamond Member
 
HomerJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleKeeper View Post
The issue is not the attacking of Rice, but the stupidity of an explanation of why the attacks.

Complete paranoia by the liberals who can not count and the lapdogs that believe
Explination is simple. Attack Rice because it will damage Obama. Leave Patraeus and Clapper alone because those guys make the GOP crap their pants.
HomerJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #103
Jhhnn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 22,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
This, This is getting embarrassing and the OP is doing a good job making a fool out of himself making up excuses for this when he doesn't understand the real outrage over Benghazi
You're right, in a sense- we don''t understand the "real" outrage over Benghazi. When anybody offers that they really don't get it & would you please explain, there's no sensible answer forthcoming from you or your fellow travelers, just vitriol abut how we can't understand because we're leftist libs & so forth.

Do Righties have some sort of secret decoder thing built into their heads that lets them understand, or is there something else going on?

I think there is, on multiple levels. Our usual ravers are engaging in their usual motivated reasoning- they want to believe that the Obama Admin is wrong, about everything & anything, so they're easily exploited when told what they want to hear. They're more than willing to make a leap of faith into conspiracy theory, as we've seen many times.

At the same time, we have Repub leaders touting John Kerry.... think about that for just a sec....
Jhhnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #104
EagleKeeper
Discussion Club Moderator
Elite Member
 
EagleKeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bumps west of Denver
Posts: 42,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJS View Post
Explination is simple. Attack Rice because it will damage Obama. Leave Patraeus and Clapper alone because those guys make the GOP crap their pants.
How does attacking Rice have any impact on filling a seat in Mass that Kerry holds. Kerry will get a slot either way, creating the need for a replacement. Even if the Dems lose the seat, they still will have the majority. If the Dems are so concerned, then leave Kerry alone; maybe nominate McConnell
__________________
F15 Air Superiority Fighter - Never has one been lost in aerial combat (104 kills)
EagleKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #105
Jhhnn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 22,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleKeeper View Post
How does attacking Rice have any impact on filling a seat in Mass that Kerry holds. Kerry will get a slot either way, creating the need for a replacement. Even if the Dems lose the seat, they still will have the majority. If the Dems are so concerned, then leave Kerry alone; maybe nominate McConnell
That's not necessarily true at all, but rather attempts by Repubs to corner Obama into making the choices they want him to make, not his own.

Hillary may not resign.

Panetta may stay on as Sec of Defense.

Kerry may stay in the Senate.

Obama may make other choices entirely if vacancies occur.
Jhhnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #106
tweaker2
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4,774
Default

n/m.
__________________
"Every time you think you weaken the nation." - Moe Howard as spoken to Curly Howard.

Last edited by tweaker2; 11-30-2012 at 12:15 AM.
tweaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #107
ivwshane
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 7,688
Default

Holy fuck!

I guess this is one of those times where the right can make up shit that doesn't make sense but it's the left that are the idiots for trying to figure out why the right is making a big deal out of nothing.

And this is about nothing, McCain and company are complaining about talking points given to an administrative representative who went on talk shows to tell the public what happened.

These fucks and everyone one else on the right ARE complaining about talking points instead how or why people died!

Fuck you!

And a special big fuck you to those in this thread with military experience perpetuating such bullshit! You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Disgusting!
__________________
System Specs
ivwshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #108
Thump553
Diamond Member
 
Thump553's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 9,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleKeeper View Post
How does attacking Rice have any impact on filling a seat in Mass that Kerry holds. Kerry will get a slot either way, creating the need for a replacement. Even if the Dems lose the seat, they still will have the majority. If the Dems are so concerned, then leave Kerry alone; maybe nominate McConnell
It is all speculation this point as to who Obama will nominate to his new Cabinet, i.e., it is not written in stone that Kerry is absolutely certain to be nominated for two Cabinet posts. It is, however, well known that Kerry wants the Sec of State post and most pols think he is at least decently qualified to handle it. It is also a fact the the Sec of State is the MOST important cabinet post. OTOH Sec of Defense, while a major post, has lots of other qualified candidates-whereas Sec of State is probably limited to Rice and Kerry for the most part.

Here's the analysis. I invite any of the pooh-poohing righties here to give specific reasons for disputing which specific parts you consider to be absurd/far fetched:

1) Kerry is a sitting US Senator from MA.

2) MA law requires a special election to fill the term of a US Senator who leaves mid-term.

3) Obama is blocked - probably by a pocket veto from McCain or Ayotte-from nominating Rice as Sec of State.

4) (a) Obama nominates Kerry as Sec of State, (b) Kerry is confirmed by the Senate, (c) Kerry resigns his Senate seat.

5) Scott Brown runs as a R in the special election to fill Kerry's seat.

As a troll here stated weeks ago, Benghazi is-for GOP political purposes-is the gift that keeps on giving. It was a point of attack against Obama's foreign policy credits before the election, it is a continuing attack against Hillary Clinton if she runs in 2016 and it is useful as a means to try to weasel Scott Brown back into the Senate. From a political standpoint McCain's continued cyncial manipulation makes a lot of partisan sense.
Thump553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #109
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleKeeper View Post
You took a generic statement about highly educated people can lie (Clinton as an example) and twisted it that he was stating the Rice lied.
LOLWut???Like I said GO AWAY!
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #110
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleKeeper View Post
The issue is not the attacking of Rice, but the stupidity of an explanation of why the attacks.

Complete paranoia by the liberals who can not count and the lapdogs that believe
It sure did put you and your other Rightist brethren into a froth so then I would classify this as a successful thread. No one, that even means YOU in your infinite wisdom have yet to thoroughly explain why this wouldn't be a plausible scenario?

It looks like other people think this is plausible too...why else would the GOP be leading a baseless witch hunt on her wasting Taxpayer dollars.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...e-prove-brief/
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young

Last edited by Ausm; 11-30-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #111
HomerJS
Diamond Member
 
HomerJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump553 View Post
It is all speculation this point as to who Obama will nominate to his new Cabinet, i.e., it is not written in stone that Kerry is absolutely certain to be nominated for two Cabinet posts. It is, however, well known that Kerry wants the Sec of State post and most pols think he is at least decently qualified to handle it. It is also a fact the the Sec of State is the MOST important cabinet post. OTOH Sec of Defense, while a major post, has lots of other qualified candidates-whereas Sec of State is probably limited to Rice and Kerry for the most part.

Here's the analysis. I invite any of the pooh-poohing righties here to give specific reasons for disputing which specific parts you consider to be absurd/far fetched:

1) Kerry is a sitting US Senator from MA.

2) MA law requires a special election to fill the term of a US Senator who leaves mid-term.

3) Obama is blocked - probably by a pocket veto from McCain or Ayotte-from nominating Rice as Sec of State.

4) (a) Obama nominates Kerry as Sec of State, (b) Kerry is confirmed by the Senate, (c) Kerry resigns his Senate seat.

5) Scott Brown runs as a R in the special election to fill Kerry's seat.

As a troll here stated weeks ago, Benghazi is-for GOP political purposes-is the gift that keeps on giving. It was a point of attack against Obama's foreign policy credits before the election, it is a continuing attack against Hillary Clinton if she runs in 2016 and it is useful as a means to try to weasel Scott Brown back into the Senate. From a political standpoint McCain's continued cyncial manipulation makes a lot of partisan sense.
I thought cabinet appointments are voted on by committee and you need a majority no's to reject?
HomerJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #112
FerrelGeek
Platinum Member
 
FerrelGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
Where is the evidence she lied numbnuts please supply the proof....
She either lied or remained willfully ignorant. Either way, you don't care. In your misguided little world, no one with a D after their name can do wrong.

Now back to your stupid pic. Do you have any clue as to what it takes to get into one of the military academies? Yes, there are some that have connections, but the significant portion get there on merit. Even the bottom 10% at Annapolis would be academically superior to your average college student these days. And btw, I am NO McCain fan. I'd also like to see how you'd hold up as a POW.
FerrelGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #113
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrelGeek View Post
She either lied or remained willfully ignorant. Either way, you don't care. In your misguided little world, no one with a D after their name can do wrong.

Now back to your stupid pic. Do you have any clue as to what it takes to get into one of the military academies? Yes, there are some that have connections, but the significant portion get there on merit. Even the bottom 10% at Annapolis would be academically superior to your average college student these days. And btw, I am NO McCain fan. I'd also like to see how you'd hold up as a POW.
That's the same way you and your ilk who walk in lockstep with anyone with an (R) behind their name....Oh what the fuck does being a POW have to do with false unfounded accusations and yet another waste of tax payer money on another GOP witch hunt.

__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young

Last edited by Ausm; 11-30-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #114
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member
 
CallMeJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Palmetto State
Posts: 6,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump553 View Post
Obama is blocked - probably by a pocket veto from McCain or Ayotte-from nominating Rice as Sec of State.
It is a "Hold", not a "pocket veto". While a senator may employ a hold against a routine judicial nomination, it is more of a senatorial courtesy than a hard and fast rule. A Cabinet level nomination is too prominent for a single senator or even a small group of senators to block. If the president can get enough votes for cloture he can get a vote by the full senate on the nomination.
Quote:
Scott Brown runs as a R in the special election to fill Kerry's seat.
Senator Brown got 46% of the votes in the last election with all the advantages of incumbency and tons of Rove/Koch cash behind him. He may have some advantage of name recognition in a Republican primary, a Massachusetts general election is not so friendly to a Republican candidate. Just look at the apparent lock as poor a campaigner as John Kerry has on the seat just because he runs as a Democrat.
__________________
No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.
Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.

H. L. Mencken
CallMeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #115
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJoe View Post
It is a "Hold", not a "pocket veto". While a senator may employ a hold against a routine judicial nomination, it is more of a senatorial courtesy than a hard and fast rule. A Cabinet level nomination is too prominent for a single senator or even a small group of senators to block. If the president can get enough votes for cloture he can get a vote by the full senate on the nomination.

Senator Brown got 46% of the votes in the last election with all the advantages of incumbency and tons of Rove/Koch cash behind him. He may have some advantage of name recognition in a Republican primary, a Massachusetts general election is not so friendly to a Republican candidate. Just look at the apparent lock as poor a campaigner as John Kerry has on the seat just because he runs as a Democrat.
I think Brown has a GREAT chance in taking the seat because he only lost by 8 points in a totally blue State due to astronomical amounts of GOP backed funds.In reality I think he should lost by 30 points in that State.
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young

Last edited by Ausm; 11-30-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #116
Thump553
Diamond Member
 
Thump553's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 9,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJS View Post
I thought cabinet appointments are voted on by committee and you need a majority no's to reject?
Offhand, I don't remember if any committee evaluates them first, I don't think so. The President's nominee has to be approved by a vote of the Senate (Constitution says President appoints with the advise and consent of the Senate). What McCain and his cohorts are threatening is a pocket veto whereby ONE senator can prevent the entire Senate from voting on a matter. A pocket veto is a matter of Senate procedural rules, not law or Constitutional mandate.
Thump553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #117
Fern
Elite Member
Super Moderator
 
Fern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Posts: 24,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
Where is the evidence she lied numbnuts please supply the proof....
We know for fact that:

1. It wasn't a spontaneous demonstration as claimed.

2. Everyone involved testified under oath that they never thought it was.

3. Rice, as UN Ambassador received the classified version and also gets the same intel briefing that Pres. Obama does. So, she knew the truth.

Writing a lie on paper doesn't make it any less a lie.

Among the many puzzling things in this matter is why did she even go on 5 news shows to talk about this? Why 'promote' the story? Whose judgement is responsible for this foolishness?

Just should have played it straight up and moved. Was anybody really going to be shocked that a terrorist militia could freely attack in the lawless sh1thole known as Benghazi?

Fern
__________________
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #118
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
We know for fact that:

1. It wasn't a spontaneous demonstration as claimed.

2. Everyone involved testified under oath that they never thought it was.

3. Rice, as UN Ambassador received the classified version and also gets the same intel briefing that Pres. Obama does. So, she knew the truth.

Writing a lie on paper doesn't make it any less a lie.

Among the many puzzling things in this matter is why did she even go on 5 news shows to talk about this? Why 'promote' the story? Whose judgement is responsible for this foolishness?

Just should have played it straight up and moved. Was anybody really going to be shocked that a terrorist militia could freely attack in the lawless sh1thole known as Benghazi?

Fern
Hey Fern if all this was true don't you think the Repubs would been falling all over themselves to drop this BOMB before the election?
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #119
Fern
Elite Member
Super Moderator
 
Fern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Posts: 24,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump553 View Post
-snip-
-whereas Sec of State is probably limited to Rice and Kerry for the most part.
I think this whole conspiracy thing is stupid, and obviously so.

Is Kerry going to be rewarded with a cabinet post or not? If he is, no matter which one, none of this makes any sense because there is going to be a special election anyway.

I highly doubt the SoS position is limited to only two people. Is the Democratic bench really that thin?

BTW: I 'm not convinced Rice's qualifications are that impressive. Screwing around in the U.N. in Manhattan is not serious business, at least nothing even remotely close to approaching the level of SoS. And I don't see a lot of experience with the Middle East, Korea, China and Russia etc.

George Mitchell seems an obvious candidate, but then he may a bit too old and not want the position. But what about Wesley Clark or Al Gore? Seriously, there are other candidates.

Fern
__________________
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #120
Fern
Elite Member
Super Moderator
 
Fern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Posts: 24,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
Hey Fern if all this was true don't you think the Repubs would been falling all over themselves to drop this BOMB before the election?
The Repubs in the Senate decided to take the political/election angle out of it and wait to hold hearings until after the election. So, no, for whatever reason they weren't. Maybe they felt it better it try to keep the election focused on the economy/jobs.

Fern
__________________
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #121
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
The Repubs in the Senate decided to take the political/election angle out of it and wait to hold hearings until after the election. So, no, for whatever reason they weren't. Maybe they felt it better it try to keep the election focused on the economy/jobs.

Fern
LMAO How, what did they do?

Can you go through this list of Bills blocked by the Repubs and explain how this is working on Jobs and/or the economy?

http://www.woodcountydemocrats.com/i...ases&Itemid=96

No permanent military bases in Afghanistan.
Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles.
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation.
Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs.
Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.
Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces.
Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program.
Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay.
Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.
Comprehensive policy on neurocognitive assessment by the military health care system.
Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance.
And those were just some of the progressive provisions. On the conservative side, there are these, and more:

Prohibition on the use of funds for the transfer or release of individuals detained at United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prohibition on the use of funds to modify or construct facilities in the United States to house detainees transferred from United States Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Prohibition on use of funds to give Miranda warnings to Al Qaeda terrorists.
And here’s the bills that Republicans had blocked when we compiled our first list;

Senator Franken’s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill – Makes it so that women raped overseas while working for foreign contractors have the right to have their case heard in an American court instead of having their case mediated by the company they work for. Only Republican men voted against this, but it passed.

Benefits for Homeless Veterans- Would have expanded benefits to homeless veterans and homeless veterans with children. Republicans blocked this.

Affordable Health Care For America Act- Prevents insurance companies from discriminating against you on the basis of “pre-existing conditions”. Requires that insurance companies spend 85 cents of every dollar that you pay on your actual health care. Limits health insurance companies profit margins. Republicans blocked this for months before it finally passed and have vowed to repeal it if they are elected.

Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero- Would provide billions of dollars in health care to help the 9/11 First Responders who were at Ground Zero on 9/11 and are now sick because of it. Republicans blocked this.

The Jobs Bill- Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that hire new employees, or people receiving unemployment insurance. Also gives other tax incentives to companies hiring new employees. Republicans attempted to block this.

Wall Street Reform- Puts stricter regulations on the banks, preventing them from becoming “too big to fail”. Curbs reckless spending practices that caused the banking crisis. Republicans attempted to block this.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act- Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.

Oil Spill Liability- Raises the liability on what companies can be made to pay to clean up after an oil spill. Republicans blocked this.

Immigration Reform- Republican suggested comprehensive immigration reform until Obama supported it. Now they’re rabidly opposed to it and even voted against their own legislation. Republicans blocked this.

Unemployment extension bill HR-4213- Would provide additional aid to the millions of Americans still on unemployment who are just trying to support themselves and their families. Republicans blocked this bill for 8 weeks before it finally passed. Republicans blocked this for 8 weeks before it finally passed.

Fair Pay Act of 2009- Also called the Lily Ledbetter bill. Requires that women receive equal compensation to men for doing the same work. Republicans attempted to block this.

The next time someone tells you that the Republicans care about the American people just give them this list of all the bill Republicans wanted to fail.
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young

Last edited by Ausm; 11-30-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #122
Fern
Elite Member
Super Moderator
 
Fern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Posts: 24,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
LMAO How what did they do?
If you will type reasonably comprehensible English sentences I'll try to answer you.

Fern
__________________
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #123
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
If you will type reasonably comprehensible English sentences I'll try to answer you.

Fern
Forgot the comma....sorry buddy now please go through the list.
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #124
Jhhnn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 22,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
We know for fact that:

1. It wasn't a spontaneous demonstration as claimed.
It was a spontaneous violent demonstration, an attack, not something planned well in advance.

Quote:
2. Everyone involved testified under oath that they never thought it was.
Who is this everyone?

Quote:
3. Rice, as UN Ambassador received the classified version and also gets the same intel briefing that Pres. Obama does. So, she knew the truth.

Writing a lie on paper doesn't make it any less a lie.
Your conclusion does not follow from your first statement. If the intel community massages the info before either of them sees it, as has been admitted, then neither really knows the truth.

Quote:
Among the many puzzling things in this matter is why did she even go on 5 news shows to talk about this? Why 'promote' the story? Whose judgement is responsible for this foolishness?

Just should have played it straight up and moved. Was anybody really going to be shocked that a terrorist militia could freely attack in the lawless sh1thole known as Benghazi?

Fern
If she hadn't, Righties would be alleging a different conspiracy theory.
Jhhnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #125
Jhhnn
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 22,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
The Repubs in the Senate decided to take the political/election angle out of it and wait to hold hearings until after the election. So, no, for whatever reason they weren't. Maybe they felt it better it try to keep the election focused on the economy/jobs.

Fern
Senate Repubs can't make that decision. They're the minority. They don't set the agenda.
Jhhnn is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.