· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #51
buckshot24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
Are you referring to the Rethuglicants who cut the funding for embassy security or President Obama for not personally sitting on the wire?
I'm speaking generally with that statement.
buckshot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #52
HomerJS
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot24 View Post
Fine and dandy but the cases aren't comparable as an ambassador was killed in this one. This should get more attention.
That's right, the actually killing not the speculated cause after.
HomerJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #53
Matt1970
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperus View Post
This is what he said. "No, Nobody does, because nobody cared. We know that several hundred died but there has never been an official count done."

You referenced a list from Wiki. If you look at the references in the list. You will notice two things. 1.) there is no Official US document with the listed names 2.) If you actually go to the site in the first citation which accounts for the names, this is what you will find.

So, who would have thought that 10 seconds of research derived from googling Wikipedia might not have been totally accurate?
It says it is incomplete on the first source but it uses over 22 sources. And he was questioned about Benghazi and decided to answer about Iraq. Divert much?

Last edited by Matt1970; 11-28-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Matt1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #54
emperus
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1970 View Post
It says it is incomplete on the first source but it uses over 22 sources. And he was questioned about Benghazi and decided to answer about Iraq. Divert much?
So, find me another source on that list that has a complete list of names. Better yet, find me an official listing of all the dead US contractors on that wiki site. I'll address the 2nd part of ur argument once we close this part of it just to make sure we don't divert. I'll be waiting.

I'm only doing this because as I've told you before you're intellectually lazy and intellectually dishonest. You don't know what you don't know and don't care to find out.

Last edited by emperus; 11-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.
emperus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #55
Aikouka
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgeek11 View Post
A lot of the raving libs watch Fox News also judging by the numbers of threads started about Fox News by Libs.

LMFAO
Believe it or not, but there's this magical thing called the Internet that allows people to share information. With it's magical tubes (© Al Gore), you can see information any time! In fact, I saw a post about this news story on this crazy newfangled site called The Facebook.
Aikouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #56
emperus
Diamond Member

Hey Matt, I thought you'd be back with the sources and such to back up your argument.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #57
buckshot24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hey Matt, I thought you'd be back with the sources and such to back up your argument.
Get a life.
buckshot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #58
Ausm
Lifer

Quote:
I'm speaking generally with that statement.
Could you be more precise so it would leave the guessing out of your comments

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #59
Schmide
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikouka View Post
Internet that allows people to share information. With it's magical tubes (© Al Gore), you can see information any time!
You will lose your internet privileges for not knowing that was Alaskan Senator Ted (series of tubes) Stephens that copyrighted that phrase.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #60
Matt1970
Lifer

Quote:
So, find me another source on that list that has a complete list of names. Better yet, find me an official listing of all the dead US contractors on that wiki site. I'll address the 2nd part of ur argument once we close this part of it just to make sure we don't divert. I'll be waiting.

I'm only doing this because as I've told you before you're intellectually lazy and intellectually dishonest. You don't know what you don't know and don't care to find out.
I got something you can address. This guy diverted to Iraq when asked about Benghazi, but keep going after me and give him a free pass. That sure is being intellectually honest.
Matt1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #61
randomrogue
Diamond Member

Nobody gives a shit about Bengazi. Nobody. If you do you need to get your head checked out.
randomrogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #62
UberNeuman
Lifer

Tom Ricks to MSNBC: You’re just like Fox, only not as good at it

Mr. Ricks is pretty up front about where he stands.

"brevity is the soul of wit."

Hold the line.
UberNeuman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
emperus
Diamond Member

Quote:
Get a life.
Very Conservative Response when you get owned.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #64
emperus
Diamond Member

Quote:
I got something you can address. This guy diverted to Iraq when asked about Benghazi, but keep going after me and give him a free pass. That sure is being intellectually honest.
Diverted huh? Like you're trying to do now? Just man up, admit you were wrong and move on. Until you do, you're going to continue to be intellectually dishonest and lazy.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #65
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJS View Post
Its a valid point. Far more people being killed in another part of the middle east Iraq should invoke more outrage but Fox doesn't care because it can't be used to bash the President.

To carry his point furthur, The CEC and the GOP care more about what Susan Rice said after the fact then the four people killed.
You expect deaths in a "war" zone, do you not? It's accepted. It is NOT expected that be leave an ambassador vulnerable when both the marine anti-terrorist unit in the area AND the ambassador both expressed serious concerns within weeks of the attack. That is why Iraq really is a bad comparison, and where the rage comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomrogue View Post
Nobody gives a shit about Benghazi. Nobody. If you do you need to get your head checked out.
ftfy. Learn to spell, it's apparent you don't know or care.
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"
RampantAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #66
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
Are you referring to the Rethuglicants who cut the funding for embassy security or President Obama for not personally sitting on the wire?
No, they cut spending in general there. It was up to the president to decide where to make those cuts - if the reason Benghazi lacked security was in fact funding (which we don't know), the president should justify why he did not instead divert resources from a lower risk area to the Benghazi embassy...or move Stevens out, if unable to provide proper security.

Moreover, embassy security is run not by the state department but through the DoD is it not? The guards are uniformed Marines. Would that not mean the funding for the embassy security was through the DoD budget? Serious question - my previous point stands, regardless.

Also, grow up. "Rethuglicants"? Damned children on this forum, I tell ya.
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #67
UberNeuman
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampantAndroid View Post

ftfy. Learn to spell, it's apparent you don't know or care.
What is stunningly apparent is that those that keep pursuing the unfortunate events in Benghazi are the same folks that have ignored the deceptions that lead into the Iraq war....

\but hey, now you're concerned....
\\good job, have a cookie....

Hold the line.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #68
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberNeuman View Post
What is stunningly apparent is that those that keep pursuing the unfortunate events in Benghazi are the same folks that have ignored the deceptions that lead into the Iraq war....

\but hey, now you're concerned....
\\good job, have a cookie....
Oh? And where have I posted about the Iraq war pertaining to how we got into it? Because guess what: I don't think we should have gone in. The only good thing we got out of it were some funny videos of the propaganda minister.

Let the middle east figure itself out, hell if they want to nuke each other, fine...just make sure it's an air blast so there's no fallout.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #69
UberNeuman
Lifer

Quote:
Oh? And where have I posted about the Iraq war pertaining to how we got into it? Because guess what: I don't think we should have gone in. The only good thing we got out of it were some funny videos of the propaganda minister.

4804 dead, not including civilians in Iraq. But hey, you got a funny video out of it.....

\your false concern is duly noted....
\\so when a "funny" Benghazi video comes along - shall you laugh your ass off as well...

Hold the line.

Last edited by UberNeuman; 11-28-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #70
Doppel
Lifer

The Fox Faithful truly believe that Fox is a fair and effective counter toward the left-wing media, though; so it all evens out.

Also, shouldn't Santa be getting ready for Xmas, why is he on Fox?

Fox has gone APESH*T over Benghazi, too, and yes it's been hyped.

Thumbsup for Tom Ricks, though.
Doppel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #71
Arkaign
Lifer

Quote:
The Iraqi reference was cogent, given that FNC (along with all news networks) basically ignores the deaths of soldiers for the most part, let alone 'insignificant' contractors.

But yet FNC goes batshit crazy over Benghazi, spinning and spinning it even when it appears at worst to merely be some incompetence/communication issues after the fact. The absolute truth of the matter is that the military powers, Petraeus, etc, have confirmed that there's no grand conspiracy, there's only the arguable idea that maybe there was too much emphasis put on the controversial video. By the way, that video caused quite literally hundreds of protests in dozens of countries, some of them quite violent. Egypt, anyone? It's not unreasonable for one to think that this incident might just have had something to do with it, even if it were merely opportunism. I personally don't think it was anything other than 9/11 anniversary jackoff terrorists, but after all, Libya is a country filled to the gills with militia, hardened and armed after a bloody struggle against a dictator. If a militia group with Islamist jihadist ideals got pissed off, they wouldn't be the average jerkoffs throwing rocks, they'd be jerkoffs with arty, heavy and light machine guns, explosives, and experience.

All of this is dancing around it though. The facts are, it happened, it sucks, some info was botched, but there's no real story beyond that. FNC's desperate effort to make it more than it was is embarassing.

I'm also not a fan of Obama, I think he's a corporate tool that is just Bush 3 for the most part. The ACA is a handjob to the insurance agencies that will hurt the majority of americans, he's not been that great at communicating the direct X, Y, and Z of any good plans, or even mediocre ones, to the people, he's just not my ideal guy given that I have fiscally conservative and socially liberterian ideals. That said, I don't sieg heil to the jacktards at Fox, or imbeciles like Rush either. Where's William F. Buckley when you need him.

Honesty, especially intellectual honesty, is the best ideal one can have. If you are grossly partisan, such as the gasbags have been over the Benghazi non-story, and let yourself push agenda over common sense and the hard facts, you debase yourself and will not be respected by rational minds. Preaching to the idiot partisan choirs of either side is bullshit, frankly, but many seem to want to insulate themselves from any inconvenient facts.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #72
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
4804 dead, not including civilians in Iraq. But hey, you got a funny video out of it.....

\your false concern is duly noted....
\\so when a "funny" Benghazi video comes along - shall you laugh your ass off as well...
Holy shit, my post went whizzing over your head, didn't it? I just said that nothing good came of the war in my opinion, and you take that as me not caring? I know people who were deployed over there. I knew someone who didn't come back. So you can shove your pretentious attitude and baseless assumptions up your ***.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #73
blankslate
Diamond Member

Quote:
Tom Ricks to MSNBC: You’re just like Fox, only not as good at it

Mr. Ricks is pretty up front about where he stands.
Tom Ricks is awesome I may just have to check out his book.

Dropkick Murphys - Workers Song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfGTDyjVSE
blankslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #74
Ausm
Lifer

Quote:
No, they cut spending in general there. It was up to the president to decide where to make those cuts - if the reason Benghazi lacked security was in fact funding (which we don't know), the president should justify why he did not instead divert resources from a lower risk area to the Benghazi embassy...or move Stevens out, if unable to provide proper security.

Moreover, embassy security is run not by the state department but through the DoD is it not? The guards are uniformed Marines. Would that not mean the funding for the embassy security was through the DoD budget? Serious question - my previous point stands, regardless.

Also, grow up. "Rethuglicants"? Damned children on this forum, I tell ya.
LOLWUT?? You are going to have to come up with a better answer then that Repuglicant....

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #75
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
...Moreover, embassy security is run not by the state department but through the DoD is it not? The guards are uniformed Marines. Would that not mean the funding for the embassy security was through the DoD budget? Serious question - my previous point stands, regardless...
The United States embassy in Libya is located in the Libyan capital, Tripoli. There is a Marine security detail at the embassy. Benghazi has a Consulate. The State Department provides Consulate security.

H. L. Mencken
CallMeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote