· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #326
lokiju
Lifer

Probably been said but I haven't read every post in here.

The knifing SUCKS!!!

It's so damn horrible and my number one complaint about the game (currently, I reserve the right to change that in the future).

I don't know if it's me, the connection at the time, the people I'm playing or what but I am having a hell of a time with having consistent results while playing.

Seems like a lot of times I can't ever drop anyone before they drop me and I'm way down on the ranks for that match but then other times I feel like I can't be stopped and rank match after match in top 3 at least, if not 1st.

I know a number of times that I was having a game where I couldn't drop anyone before they dropped me, I quit the game to see if it kicked a migration thinking it's maybe that I'm host and sure as shit it did.

I think maybe I keep becoming host, which isn't a negative on smaller player game modes like FFA but just unplayable on my end for large team based game modes that have more like 18 players at any time.
PSN: l0k1ju
Come play some MW3! Just note ATOT in invite so I don't ignore.
lokiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #327
thegimp03
Diamond Member

I've put some light (less than 10 hours) playing time in on this game and am mainly using a highly modified MSMC and FAL. The spawning has been fixed in some cases, however playing solo and doing well in anything but FFA is nearly impossible due to the clans. I even played some Chaos Moshpit on Nuketown and it seemed like clans and large parties were always teamed up together when I thought "Moshpit" was supposed to be more like Mercenary.

I'll probably play through the single player mode and some zombies, but for most multiplayer, I'll probably play MW3 with a buddy of mine.
thegimp03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #328
bucwylde23
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegimp03 View Post
I've put some light (less than 10 hours) playing time in on this game and am mainly using a highly modified MSMC and FAL. The spawning has been fixed in some cases, however playing solo and doing well in anything but FFA is nearly impossible due to the clans. I even played some Chaos Moshpit on Nuketown and it seemed like clans and large parties were always teamed up together when I thought "Moshpit" was supposed to be more like Mercenary.

I'll probably play through the single player mode and some zombies, but for most multiplayer, I'll probably play MW3 with a buddy of mine.
Moshpit just means it's random game modes, you can still party up. The only mode where no parties are allowed is mercenary which is it's own moshpit.
bucwylde23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #329
zerocool84
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokiju View Post
Probably been said but I haven't read every post in here.

The knifing SUCKS!!!

It's so damn horrible and my number one complaint about the game (currently, I reserve the right to change that in the future).

I don't know if it's me, the connection at the time, the people I'm playing or what but I am having a hell of a time with having consistent results while playing.

Seems like a lot of times I can't ever drop anyone before they drop me and I'm way down on the ranks for that match but then other times I feel like I can't be stopped and rank match after match in top 3 at least, if not 1st.

I know a number of times that I was having a game where I couldn't drop anyone before they dropped me, I quit the game to see if it kicked a migration thinking it's maybe that I'm host and sure as shit it did.

I think maybe I keep becoming host, which isn't a negative on smaller player game modes like FFA but just unplayable on my end for large team based game modes that have more like 18 players at any time.
It's seems you should knife them further away than you normally think you would. Try that out
zerocool84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #330
sygyzy
Lifer

Some frustratingi things I've noticed lately. Note: I play almost all Domination

1. A few games last night (actually at least three times), half my team would quit even though we were winning. What ended up happening in all these games was my friend and I (and a third) could not hold off the flags so the other team came from behind and won. Can anyone explain to me why you would quit a winning game?

2. There are a lot of people who play objective based games (Domination) but don't play the objective. They just sit and camp and/or snipe. I don't get it. If you want to just get kills, why not play TDM or free for all or something? I am guessing the reason is if you play Dom, you can just watch a flag (without capping it) and just get a predictable stream of people coming to capture it so you can kill them. This is really frustrating to me.
The Perfect Cup of Tea (How-To)
sygyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #331
rofael

you guys think there's a chance they may patch black ops II and add more hardcore multi player modes? the original had hardcode headquarters and than MW3 had domination. now there are no hardcore game modes that don't have a respawn time.

at the very least they should have included hardcore headquarters like in the original BO.
rofael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #332
rofael

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
Some frustratingi things I've noticed lately. Note: I play almost all Domination

1. A few games last night (actually at least three times), half my team would quit even though we were winning. What ended up happening in all these games was my friend and I (and a third) could not hold off the flags so the other team came from behind and won. Can anyone explain to me why you would quit a winning game?

2. There are a lot of people who play objective based games (Domination) but don't play the objective. They just sit and camp and/or snipe. I don't get it. If you want to just get kills, why not play TDM or free for all or something? I am guessing the reason is if you play Dom, you can just watch a flag (without capping it) and just get a predictable stream of people coming to capture it so you can kill them. This is really frustrating to me.
I have the same concerns when playing any Call of Duty game ... its so stupid. Why quit a winning game, seriously...

I also hate the people that play objective based game modes and just camp it out. The thing is, I only play hardcore game modes and there isn't anything except S&D and CTF. CTF you're pretty much allowed to camp to cover your flag.

I remember in Black Ops (HQ) and MW3 (Domination) that people would camp in objective based modes. The worst part of it is that they'll be losing yet still just camping out the whole game to get kills. So worthless. Too many little underage kids have purchased this game and ruined it for us.
rofael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #333
foghorn67
Lifer

I'm not going to touch the subject of multiplayer. Mostly because there is hope they can patch it.
But the campaign is awful. I had high hopes for it since the original Black Ops surprised me on how good it was.
The story sucked and jumped around way too much. It wasn't immersive at all. I know CoD is famous for that, but it went overboard.
The detail of everything from vehicles to buildings seemed to be low on the polygon count, and the lighting effects made things look gimmicky and dated, especially outdoors.
Triggers for events seemed out of sorts. That's important in a story driven and scripted campaign. There is a scene where you have to run and jump off of a flaming building while getting strafed. All I had to do was run down a narrow hallway and jump. It took me about ten tries. And I can't explain how the successful jump was different from the rest.

It just felt disconnected and geared towards ADD kids.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #334
zerocool84
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post

I haven't experienced people quitting when winning just losing. Also in every fps game there are going to be campers no matter what, it's just how it is.
zerocool84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #335
Sixguns
Platinum Member

People will play game modes like dom and camp just for the kills since there isnt a kill cap like TDM. I dont understand though since in MW3 some games of Dom could last 20 minutes. In that time you could have played 2 TDM. People who do this bug me to no end but it will never end.

Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #336
Fingolfin269
Lifer

So what are your favorite weapons at this point? I tried to avoid the SMG craze. Over the weekend I finally created an SMG class and wow what a difference compared the AR I was using. I don't know if it's the map type, the lag compensation, etc. etc. but they probably need to tweak something there.
Fingolfin269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #337
dougp
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin269 View Post
So what are your favorite weapons at this point? I tried to avoid the SMG craze. Over the weekend I finally created an SMG class and wow what a difference compared the AR I was using. I don't know if it's the map type, the lag compensation, etc. etc. but they probably need to tweak something there.
I just unlocked the gold camo and maxed Prestige 2 for the MTAR, but it's really not my favorite gun. I guess I've moved onto the Chicom CQB, which is the other weapon I prestiged, so I'll continue to work on that. I guess I don't really have a favorite, but SMGs definently kill faster than ARs, even at range.
dougp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #338
Sixguns
Platinum Member

MTAR is my highest lvl but my favorite is the SWAT-556. I change between the two depending what map I am on. Small maps I tend to go with the MTAR and medium to large I go SWAT-556. I tried using the FAL but just seems to slow.

Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #339
thegimp03
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin269 View Post
I've been using the MSMC and MP7 and have leveled both up quite a bit. Last night I tried the PDW and didn't mind it. Most of my friends use the Skorpion Evo with laser, extended mags and quickdraw or long barrel, but I haven't played enough to unlock it yet.
thegimp03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #340
sze5003
Diamond Member

I like the type 25 or m27 with quick grip and burst rate. I dont use the vector or smg very often. I agree maps are smaller.
Asrock Extreme3 Gen3| Core i5 2500k @4.2Ghz-Hyper212 EVO| 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | 256GB Samsung 830 |128GB Crucial M4 | Saphire VaporX 7970Ghz 3GB | NZXT Phantom 410 | 750W Corsair Enthusiast
sze5003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #341
Durvelle27
Banned

more things i hate about this game:

Bouncing Betty: Explodes and Kills you even if you don't be anywhere near it.

Freezes when i try to play Multiplayer Local

LAG LAG LAG LAG even with a good connection
Durvelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #342
Schfifty Five
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durvelle27 View Post

I'm guessing because of the lag you experience, the bouncing betties feel like they kill you even if you aren't near them.

Start training yourself to go prone the moment you hear that Bouncing betty sound being set off.
Schfifty Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #343
digiram
Diamond Member

Guarding\Camping your flags is part of the objective.. so I don't have a problem with people doing it or not. I get pissed at greedy rushers that try to triple cap or spawn trap and have the enemies back spawn on us. Especially, if we're in a favorable position.
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Sparkle GTX 470 @ 700 core, 60 gb Corsair Force 3, 128gb OCZ petrol, 320 WD Blue, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music
digiram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #344
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durvelle27 View Post

Put on flak jacket and say FU to explosives.
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Sparkle GTX 470 @ 700 core, 60 gb Corsair Force 3, 128gb OCZ petrol, 320 WD Blue, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #345
Abe Froman
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schfifty Five View Post
I'm guessing because of the lag you experience, the bouncing betties feel like they kill you even if you aren't near them.

Start training yourself to go prone the moment you hear that Bouncing betty sound being set off.
IIRC, you can simply kneel, provided that the betty isn't on a hill and above you.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #346
digiram
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintox View Post
Wow, I had forgotten I made this thread that long ago!

Anyway, my initial thoughts. Too much like MW3. SMGs are overpowered, maps too small and cluttered, quick scoping needs to go. Pretty disappointed. Black Ops 1 truly was my favorite MP game of all time, and I was so excited for this.

Maps are my biggest gripe. Just horrid. SMGs need to have less range, or a slight delay on bring up the sights. SMG + quick draw + laser = not balanced.

Zombies is nice, though I wish the maps were larger. They are TINY. Weird?
I really agree with this assessment as I was big fan of blops 1 with high hopes for this one. SMG's and that auto pistol piss me off to no end. AR's are gonna get beat by snipers and range, and lose to smg's all the time in cqb. Feels impossible to hip fire at all with a AR. It's like they intentionally lowered hip accuracy with AR's. I remember prefiring from hip to ADS with the AK in Blops 1 and being so effecitve with that.. Doesn't seem to work at all. You better be ADS already or a hip fired runner with an smg will run you over. Sometimes, even if you've ADS already, they can dodge your bullets. Game feels really weird. With the lag and such, it's borderline unplayable at times as well.

Maybe, the change is for the good though and I just have to re-learn the game. I still enjoy it quite a bit. Wish it had more maps for GW and better design.

Heat
Good Music
Old 11-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #347
sygyzy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiram View Post
Guarding\Camping your flags is part of the objective.. so I don't have a problem with people doing it or not. I get pissed at greedy rushers that try to triple cap or spawn trap and have the enemies back spawn on us. Especially, if we're in a favorable position.
You don't understand what we are talking about. There's a difference between guarding your flag and sitting across the map and picking people off and not playing the objective at all.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #348
sygyzy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
IIRC, you can simply kneel, provided that the betty isn't on a hill and above you.
If it was on a hill or above you, wouldn't it that make it even easier to avoid?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #349
Durvelle27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiram View Post
Put on flak jacket and say FU to explosives.
I use lightweight as i use submachine guns as i like to be fast. so no flak jacket
Old 11-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #350
Durvelle27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schfifty Five View Post

funny thing is it doesn't lag when i'm near explosives and gonna try that as they piss me off

Tags
black ops 2, call of duty, treyarch