Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Software > Console Gaming

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals
· Free Stuff
· Contests and Sweepstakes
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #301
dougp
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 6,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrdphreak View Post
Just keep in mind there are always problems in the beginning.
OK, I can understand that for games that are "new" to the scene and they don't know what to expect, but Activision and Treyarch both knew the amount of preorders as well as what has sold in the past. If you don't think that they can prepare for something like this, you're mistaken. The reason why is because they don't want to spend the money. Period.
dougp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #302
sygyzy
Lifer
 
sygyzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 14,000
Default

Hey you should cut them some slack. It's not like they make much money on the Call of Duty series.
__________________
Peace!
Sygyzy
joshspear
The Perfect Cup of Tea (How-To)
sygyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #303
Abe Froman
Golden Member
 
Abe Froman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,050
Default

The lobby/servers issues have been the worst so far. I don't like how the party leader is cutoff while taking the group into MP lobbies, and the connectivity issues are horrible. People are getting booted over nothing. People who never have problems in any other games. I also don't know if I've had full bars in more than 15% of my games since this came out and I have great internet service.

Also, why can't we transfer party leadership in a game lobby. I'm already tired of having to back out and start a new party every time the party leader has to drop a deuce or eat dinner.
__________________
μολὼν λαβέ
Abe Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #304
Sixguns
Golden Member
 
Sixguns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NM
Posts: 1,956
Default

Are all these lobby issues just for PS3? I havent had any issues on XBL like the lobby issues. There is the normal lag stuff but I have yet to see anything go wrong in the lobby or even getting into a game.
__________________
Go big or go small...
XBL- xX 6guns Xx

Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #305
Abe Froman
Golden Member
 
Abe Froman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixguns View Post
Are all these lobby issues just for PS3? I havent had any issues on XBL like the lobby issues. There is the normal lag stuff but I have yet to see anything go wrong in the lobby or even getting into a game.
I play XBL. I've had all these problems.
__________________
μολὼν λαβέ
Abe Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #306
digiram
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,965
Default

I think the Mtar and Type 25 both suck.. M27 is decent (felt like the mw2 m4), but the Scar is a beast. Looking forward to the m8 and an-something.
__________________
Core i5 2380p @ 4.0 ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Sparkle GTX 470 @ 700 core, 60 gb Corsair Force 3, 128gb OCZ petrol, 320 WD Blue, Antec HCG 620m, Cooler Master ATCS 840, M-audio Fast Track, Rokit Studio Monitors, M-Audio Axiom. Reason 5 and Pro-Tools 7

Heat
Good Music
digiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #307
Durvelle27
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 4,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
The lobby/servers issues have been the worst so far. I don't like how the party leader is cutoff while taking the group into MP lobbies, and the connectivity issues are horrible. People are getting booted over nothing. People who never have problems in any other games. I also don't know if I've had full bars in more than 15% of my games since this came out and I have great internet service.

Also, why can't we transfer party leadership in a game lobby. I'm already tired of having to back out and start a new party every time the party leader has to drop a deuce or eat dinner.
I've had these problems plus more like the game randomly freezing and having to restart the system.
Durvelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #308
Abe Froman
Golden Member
 
Abe Froman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durvelle27 View Post
I've had these problems plus more like the game randomly freezing and having to restart the system.
I've had significantly more freezing issues, even just in backing out of lobbies, or mid game. Right now, I'm attributing the bugs to the high server traffic and hoping that they will work it out soon.
__________________
μολὼν λαβέ
Abe Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #309
Schfifty Five
Diamond Member
 
Schfifty Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,670
Default

After playing for the weekend and yesterday, there is something off about this game compared to all other COD games. It has to do with the aiming I think. I'm just unable to really hit people, or if I do, it feels like it takes 5-6 bullets while I am killed in 1-2 shots.

It very well could be some weird lag compensation because I will get the jump on people many times yet still not kill them (they shoot me 1-2 and i'm dead).

I know each COD game is different, but I just can't seem to kill people very well in this game. Hope it's just me needing to get used to the game.
Schfifty Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #310
Durvelle27
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 4,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
I've had significantly more freezing issues, even just in backing out of lobbies, or mid game. Right now, I'm attributing the bugs to the high server traffic and hoping that they will work it out soon.
that's when it happens to me when i back out of lobbies or switching from XBL to Local. But now the game won't even load i have to return it because it keeps saying disc unreadable while all of my other games work just fine.
Durvelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #311
Abe Froman
Golden Member
 
Abe Froman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durvelle27 View Post
that's when it happens to me when i back out of lobbies or switching from XBL to Local. But now the game won't even load i have to return it because it keeps saying disc unreadable while all of my other games work just fine.
That reminds me. I usually load the game onto the hard drive, using the disc only to load the game at start up.
__________________
μολὼν λαβέ
Abe Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #312
Durvelle27
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 4,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
That reminds me. I usually load the game onto the hard drive, using the disc only to load the game at start up.
that was the first thing i did after having problems but it still does that when first loading at game startup
Durvelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #313
Saint Nick
Lifer
 
Saint Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Land of Ooze
Posts: 17,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schfifty Five View Post
After playing for the weekend and yesterday, there is something off about this game compared to all other COD games. It has to do with the aiming I think. I'm just unable to really hit people, or if I do, it feels like it takes 5-6 bullets while I am killed in 1-2 shots.

It very well could be some weird lag compensation because I will get the jump on people many times yet still not kill them (they shoot me 1-2 and i'm dead).

I know each COD game is different, but I just can't seem to kill people very well in this game. Hope it's just me needing to get used to the game.
I had that issue with MW2 when it came out. I didn't buy BLOPS2 so good luck.
__________________
Be kind; everyone is in the midst of a struggle. | heatware (64-0-0)
Saint Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #314
sygyzy
Lifer
 
sygyzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 14,000
Default

Hey guys, I am using the second rocket launcher (from the left) and noticed you can target turrets. I shot two rockets at a turret and even though I got hit markers, it wasn't destroyed. How does this make any sense I can take down a plane/copter with one. How many rockets do I need for a turret?
__________________
Peace!
Sygyzy
joshspear
The Perfect Cup of Tea (How-To)
sygyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #315
fbrdphreak
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 17,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
Hey guys, I am using the second rocket launcher (from the left) and noticed you can target turrets. I shot two rockets at a turret and even though I got hit markers, it wasn't destroyed. How does this make any sense I can take down a plane/copter with one. How many rockets do I need for a turret?
I hadn't noticed that. Curious if there's a trick. I've noticed you either need a lot of gunfire or a semtex to take out a piece of equipment.
__________________
My old ride | My new ride | I am one of the few, proud Xbox One owners.
fbrdphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #316
Schfifty Five
Diamond Member
 
Schfifty Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
Hey guys, I am using the second rocket launcher (from the left) and noticed you can target turrets. I shot two rockets at a turret and even though I got hit markers, it wasn't destroyed. How does this make any sense I can take down a plane/copter with one. How many rockets do I need for a turret?
I knew you could target pretty much any machine, but never tried hitting a turret (sentry gun right?) yet. It wouldn't make much sense for it to not die after one shot.

But then again, they did take away the ability to knife electronics so as to give those with the engineering perk a chance to hack it or something.
Schfifty Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #317
sygyzy
Lifer
 
sygyzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 14,000
Default

The equipment in this game seem invincible to me unless you hack it.
__________________
Peace!
Sygyzy
joshspear
The Perfect Cup of Tea (How-To)
sygyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #318
sygyzy
Lifer
 
sygyzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 14,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schfifty Five View Post
I knew you could target pretty much any machine, but never tried hitting a turret (sentry gun right?) yet. It wouldn't make much sense for it to not die after one shot.

But then again, they did take away the ability to knife electronics so as to give those with the engineering perk a chance to hack it or something.
Do you know if your knife statement is a fact?
__________________
Peace!
Sygyzy
joshspear
The Perfect Cup of Tea (How-To)
sygyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #319
bucwylde23
Diamond Member
 
bucwylde23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cupertino
Posts: 4,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
Do you know if your knife statement is a fact?
You can no longer knife turrets or anything to take them out. Have to damage them with gunfire/grenades/emp/hack.

I like to put a few shotgun blasts into a back of a turret to make short work of it
bucwylde23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #320
American Gunner
Platinum Member
 
American Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,340
Default

So I finally got this game yesterday and really enjoyed it. While I am not a super soldier like some of the guys on here, I usually start slow and work my K/D up to around 1.2. I played for about 3 hours last night and my K/D is .97, and it only went negative when I ended with two pretty bad games. Overall, I am really enjoying this game and don't think I did too bad for playing against higher ranking people that actually knew the maps.
American Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #321
fbrdphreak
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 17,537
Default

Update for the 360:

Quote:
We’re still waiting on a comprehensive patch note list, but the update does fix the “UI error 226117″ bug found in theatre mode, stops the Escort Drone from attacking players while underneath the map, removes a glitch that stopped players from deploying the Dragonfire, and remedies problems with the FHJ-18 AA ranking up.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/21/blac...-fixes-listed/
__________________
My old ride | My new ride | I am one of the few, proud Xbox One owners.
fbrdphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #322
fbrdphreak
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 17,537
Default

You want to talk about irritating: I am KICKING ASS in some KC. 30+ kills, <10 deaths, lots of confirms, AWESOME. The host decides to quit, the game is able to keep in session, BUT it resets nearly everyone in the game to 0/0 and puts me on the LOSING team, keeping a guy who was 29-2 on the other team, so our team was down tags 2:1 pretty much

__________________
My old ride | My new ride | I am one of the few, proud Xbox One owners.
fbrdphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #323
sygyzy
Lifer
 
sygyzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 14,000
Default

I saw some great videos about how great the Black Hat PDA is so I changed my class entirely to run it (adding in other perks to help with that style of play). Man, I didn't do well. I spent so much time trying to hack things that people just ran up and shot me.
__________________
Peace!
Sygyzy
joshspear
The Perfect Cup of Tea (How-To)
sygyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #324
sze5003
Diamond Member
 
sze5003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
I saw some great videos about how great the Black Hat PDA is so I changed my class entirely to run it (adding in other perks to help with that style of play). Man, I didn't do well. I spent so much time trying to hack things that people just ran up and shot me.
I tried It too but it wasn't what I expected. I use type 25 with burst fire and fore grip. Great class with hard line and the other standard perk.
__________________
Asrock Extreme3 Gen3| Core i5 2500k @4.2Ghz-Hyper212 EVO| 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | 256GB Samsung 830 |128GB Crucial M4 | Saphire VaporX 7970Ghz 3GB | NZXT Phantom 410 | 750W Corsair Enthusiast
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #325
Q
Lifer
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,965
Default

Wow, I had forgotten I made this thread that long ago!

Anyway, my initial thoughts. Too much like MW3. SMGs are overpowered, maps too small and cluttered, quick scoping needs to go. Pretty disappointed. Black Ops 1 truly was my favorite MP game of all time, and I was so excited for this.

Maps are my biggest gripe. Just horrid. SMGs need to have less range, or a slight delay on bring up the sights. SMG + quick draw + laser = not balanced.

Zombies is nice, though I wish the maps were larger. They are TINY. Weird?
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black ops 2, call of duty, treyarch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.