· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #176
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioTruth View Post
The ERS Paper needs to have tape on the edges to avoid short-circuits. Otherwise this happens:

Facepalm... the metal case of the equipment is a hell lot more effective than your ERS...
http://primaryaccounting.ca
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #177
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
Guess what the power company uses to get power to your house? Guess what the electricians that wired your house used? Plain, old copper wire.
Not to nitpick, but Aluminum wire has been used in homes as well, though I think that's finally stopped - copper + aluminum = ignition risk.

---

I've brought this thread to the attention of the moderators. I doubt anything will be done, but let's stop feeding the troll.

People: I suggest you look up Patrick82 and ValhallaPC on the audio forums. If you want to laugh at a troll, you've found him.
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"
Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #178
uhohs
Diamond Member

I hope this thread stays open, it's great.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #179
SyndromeOCZ

Seeing as you have some very high end $80,000 power cables. I would assume you could afford a half decent knife for opening packages. Or at least a wet stone and 10 minutes to watch a youtube video and sharpen your blunt steel object in the video.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #180
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyndromeOCZ View Post
Seeing as you have some very high end $80,000 power cables. I would assume you could afford a half decent knife for opening packages. Or at least a wet stone and 10 minutes to watch a youtube video and sharpen your blunt steel object in the video.
THAT NOT IMPROVE SOUND! You must wrap the knife in paper, that will greatly improve your sound quality since the knife can reflect RF waves.

You must also wrap yourself in paper, since the body gives off low level electrical impulses.
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"
Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #181
Phanuel
Golden Member

I google "ERS paper" and the second link is to a head-fi.org thread from 2007... with surprise special guest Patrick82!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #182
Phanuel
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampantAndroid View Post
You must also wrap yourself in paper, since the body gives off low level electrical impulses.
You know, I've wondered about this as well. Shouldn't we, the listeners, place our selves in Faraday cages to remove the variable of us?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #183
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:
THAT NOT IMPROVE SOUND! You must wrap the knife in paper
And color it with a green marker...

... then maybe wrap some wire around the end, and hang it off your unused RCA output connector. Wallah... instant GroundHanger "Sharp".

Last edited by skriefal; 11-14-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #184
SyndromeOCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuel View Post
You know, I've wondered about this as well. Shouldn't we, the listeners, place our selves in Faraday cages to remove the variable of us?
Maybe to be a true audiophile then your body has to give off less impulses, otherwise you will not be able to hear the difference in cables.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #185
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyndromeOCZ View Post
Maybe to be a true audiophile then your body has to give off less impulses, otherwise you will not be able to hear the difference in cables.
You mean you should be dead?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #186
SyndromeOCZ

Quote:
You mean you should be dead?
Zombies?! Now Audiophilism makes complete sense.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #187
rbk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez View Post
B-? Woahhhh... that sounds pretty good coming from you. I thought I was gonna get an F or D-? Woahhhh

The thing is, I wasn't trying hard. I was just posting what I feel like posting. No need to up my game. I already have wealth of knowledge in how cables (audio cables and power cords) work and how much impact they have on sound. It's your loss that you don't have the guts buy an expensive cable and try it out yourself... I can understand that you have limited income. You can save.
Cheez-man - how about you sit the next couple out and then you come back with some better stuff? We're here for you, bro.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #188
Railgun

Quote:
I've brought this thread to the attention of the moderators. I doubt anything will be done, but let's stop feeding the troll.
Again...I ask why? Especially when you add...

Quote:
THAT NOT IMPROVE SOUND! You must wrap the knife in paper, that will greatly improve your sound quality since the knife can reflect RF waves.

...after your suggestion this should be closed.

Who cares. Let it do what it will.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #189
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Again...I ask why? Especially when you add...

...after your suggestion this should be closed.

Who cares. Let it do what it will.
I didn't feed the troll with the post you quoted. I've stopped feeding the troll. I'm just sitting on the side and throwing popcorn in occasionally. My issue is with the crap being posted about "$80,000" cables and whatnot that's obviously fake, and lies.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #190
rbk123

Close this thread? Are you kidding? People normally pay top dollar for humor like this.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #191
Number1
Diamond Member

I watched his unboxing video, LOL. Out of focus, using a flash light, in his underwear no doubt. He has raised the art of trolling to a new level.

Fascinating.

I am going to check the other threads he posted elsewhere. The reactions should be hilarious.

Edit: I found out why he was using a flashlight to make the video.

Quote from the OP:
"I have lightbulbs in the ceiling, but I unscrewed them, because it improves the sound."

It all make sense now.
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4200, MSI P67A-G43 (B3) P67 ATX LGA1155, Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Stiletto 8GB 2X4GB PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit, 5450 Radeon 500M X 2, 4TB storage, 600W OCZ GameXtream, Windows 7 HP 64, Samsung Syncmaster2463uw, Audio password Audio

Last edited by Number1; 11-15-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #192
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
I watched his unboxing video, LOL. Out of focus, using a flash light, in his underwear no doubt. He has raised the art of trolling to a new level.

Fascinating.

I am going to check the other threads he posted elsewhere. The reactions should be hilarious.

Quote from the OP:
"I have lightbulbs in the ceiling, but I unscrewed them, because it improves the sound."

It all make sense now.
But but I thought his power line cleans it all up?
http://primaryaccounting.ca
Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #193
gus6464
Golden Member

Everyone knows that to get the best possible sound fidelity from anything you have to be in space. A true audiophile would go live in space.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #194
JackBurton
Lifer

Quote:

Fascinating.

Quote from the OP:

It all make sense now.
Wow! Listen, I'm not opposed to people buying expensive cables, but this is beyond ridiculous. And when I say "ridiculous," I mean bordering on mental issues.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #195
Deders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq9RSqU6gN0

He's gone so far as to wrap his headphone wires in paper! No wonder he needs to sell his cables for so much to support his own habit.
i5 750@3800 - MSI P55 GD65 - Asus GTX780 DirectCU II OC 3GB @1215 & 7000 - 8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @1800 8-9-8 - Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 500W - Nanoxia Deep Silence One - X-FI Xtreme Gamer - Samsung 830 128GB - Spinpoint F3 1TB - WD RE4 2TB - WD Caviar Blue 640 - Dell U2913WM - Corsair M65 - Thermaltake Contac 29 with Noctua NF-F12 PWM.

Last edited by Deders; 11-15-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #196
WelshBloke
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
Wow! Listen, I'm not opposed to people buying expensive cables, but this is beyond ridiculous. And when I say "ridiculous," I mean bordering on mental issues.
Bordering? What do you mean bordering?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #197
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
Everyone knows that to get the best possible sound fidelity from anything you have to be in space. A true audiophile would go live in space.
But what about solar flares?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #198
Phanuel
Golden Member

Quote:
But what about solar flares?
So, should we then sit as close as possible to a the event horizon of a black hole and place it between us and the nearest possible electromagnetic disturbance? It'll suck up all of the bad stuff(tm) and purify our sound!

Last edited by Phanuel; 11-15-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #199
skriefal
Golden Member

Quote:

Quote from the OP:

It all make sense now.
Well -- if the bulbs are CFLs (fluorescents) then turning them off actually may help. CFLs are nasty, with most using cheap magnetic ballasts that add noise to your power circuits. I've experienced that firsthand -- with humming subwoofer amps, humming/buzzing power amps, etc.

The sane approach to solving that problem is to get rid of the CFLs. Replace them with incandescent or LED bulbs. Sitting in a dark room with a flashlight? Uh... no.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #200
RampantAndroid
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
Well -- if the bulbs are CFLs (fluorescents) then turning them off actually may help. CFLs are nasty, with most using cheap magnetic ballasts that add noise to your power circuits. I've experienced that firsthand -- with humming subwoofer amps, humming/buzzing power amps, etc.

The sane approach to solving that problem is to get rid of the CFLs. Replace them with incandescent or LED bulbs. Sitting in a dark room with a flashlight? Uh... no.
Then the amps didn't have proper filtering, and you needed to add that before the amp. You must always assume that your AC power is nasty stuff and needs some amount of filtering.
Closed Thread

Tags
magazine, ransom, scam, stereo, times