· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
a_2008

Default buying a new monitor

Hi guys !

I am looking for a IPS monitor 24+ under 400 $ (if there is a monitor that is worth it I will spend more). I need this monitor for game ,mostly FPS ( so respons time is important ) and of course, Movie .! if the monitor has 120 Hz will be better! a IPS monitor with 1440 P and 27 " or a IPS monitor with 120 hz or any IPS monitor with 27" .
My Graphic card is GTX 570 .

i prefer to buy in store , not online!

I appreciated any suggestion!
a_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Doom 4d

I don't know of any* quality IPS monitors under $400 that have 1440p resolution.

For gaming, the biggest question concerning IPS monitors has always been input latency and ghosting. Dell Ultrasharp monitors had the best results in these two regards during testing at TFT-Central, with Dell's 23" IPS variation having the lowest input latency not only of any IPS they had ever tested, but of any LCD monitor of any kind. They currently have a 24" monitor in your price range with 1920x1200 resolution. The acceleration tech that Dell uses on these monitors does seem to significantly reduce ghosting and makes them perform very similarly to standard TN panels in that regard. You can give it a look if you're interested, although I have no idea where you would buy one in a store:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824260047

I'd also have linked you Asus's IPS monitor, but these are somewhat known for egregious backlight bleeding. Personally I think that Dell is one of the best compromises within your price range, but that's just my opinion.
Doom 4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
chimaxi83
Diamond Member

Where are you from, and where will you be buying?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
a_2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaxi83 View Post
Where are you from, and where will you be buying?
canada!

Quote:
I don't know of any* quality IPS monitors under $400 that have 1440p resolution.

For gaming, the biggest question concerning IPS monitors has always been input latency and ghosting. Dell Ultrasharp monitors had the best results in these two regards during testing at TFT-Central, with Dell's 23" IPS variation having the lowest input latency not only of any IPS they had ever tested, but of any LCD monitor of any kind. They currently have a 24" monitor in your price range with 1920x1200 resolution. The acceleration tech that Dell uses on these monitors does seem to significantly reduce ghosting and makes them perform very similarly to standard TN panels in that regard. You can give it a look if you're interested, although I have no idea where you would buy one in a store:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824260047
U2412 has 8 ms response time and it is high!

Is there any IPS monitor with 27 " and no bleeding?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Doom 4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_2008 View Post
canada!

U2412 has 8 ms response time and it is high!

Is there any IPS monitor with 27 " and no bleeding?
Without going into a long explanation of why the majority of those 8ms/6ms/2ms reported response times are generally meaningless, I'll put it like this. Different brands use different methods to report different findings to add a different number to the product they are marketing. Like I told you in my post, the pixel-acceleration on the Dell makes it perform very much like any other 2ms or 6ms TN panel in terms of ghosting. And it outperforms other tested TN/IPS etc panels in terms of actual input response latency.

I'll leave it to you to do the rest of the research for yourself, but you should consider if you really understand what the specifications on monitors that you're looking at actually mean. Looking at their response times and making a judgement based on that would indicate that maybe you have more research to do in understanding how monitors are developed, marketed, and actually perform compared to each other before you can make an informed purchase. Best of luck to you.
Doom 4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
a_2008

U*P