· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #1551
Skel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseUp216 View Post
Wow, people bitching about free stuff.

Obviously, the golden chest items aren't the best items in the game but I'm glad the developers went out of their way to try something new. It is a good idea for promoting their Twitter/FB/etc and gives them a metric related to key redemptions over time.

You could ignore the golden chest completely and still have a good time finishing the game.
The only thing I don't like about it is it asses out anyone who picks up the game down the road. It creates this need to play it right at launch but what about a year from now? Those people picking it up for the first time are now excluded from getting keys. While I have no issue with it being keys for weapons that (so far) haven't been good, what about down the line?

Xbox tag: Skel Re
Skel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #1552
darkewaffle
Diamond Member

It's Borderlands lol, just have your friend or some random online dupe stuff for you. A year from now I'm willing to bet you'll have extensive character hacking tools at the very least.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #1553
WiseUp216
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skel View Post
The only thing I don't like about it is it asses out anyone who picks up the game down the road. It creates this need to play it right at launch but what about a year from now? Those people picking it up for the first time are now excluded from getting keys. While I have no issue with it being keys for weapons that (so far) haven't been good, what about down the line?

That is a fair point that I haven't thought about. I guess you could say 'ya snooze, ya lose' and keys are for anyone who purchased the game for full price (or close to it).

Hell, in a year this game will be 10 bucks on Steam. Can't really complain for that price when there is so much content besides the golden keys.

Heat
WiseUp216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #1554
WiseUp216
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkewaffle View Post
It's Borderlands lol, just have your friend or some random online dupe stuff for you. A year from now I'm willing to bet you'll have extensive character hacking tools at the very least.

Duping I understand because most people don't have hours upon hours to get the legendary drops. I've received dupes and given them a few times.

But wouldn't using other hacks totally take the fun out of a co-op game? The best parts of this game (for me) are when you legitmately beat a tough boss like Hyperious or Master Gee.

Heat
Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #1555
KidNiki1
Platinum Member

new shift code from Facebook, posted 33 mins ago

PC SHiFT Code: WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965

Be excellent to each other - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
KidNiki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #1556
WiseUp216
Golden Member

Wow, I tried Terra tonight and they definitely made it harder. I actually died a couple of times. Before the patch, I could solo him pretty easily.

Heat
Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #1557
StrangerGuy
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wow, people bitching about free stuff.

Obviously, the golden chest items aren't the best items in the game but I'm glad the developers went out of their way to try something new. It is a good idea for promoting their Twitter/FB/etc and gives them a metric related to key redemptions over time.

You could ignore the golden chest completely and still have a good time finishing the game.
I don't understand why you are bitching about others bitching about free stuff. Or you think just because something is free means its above any sort of valid criticism.
StrangerGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #1558
WiseUp216
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerGuy View Post
I don't understand why you are bitching about others bitching about free stuff. Or you think just because something is free means its above any sort of valid criticism.

Baffling, isn't it?

Heat
Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #1559
WiseUp216
Golden Member

Randy Pitchford says news regarding the new DLC is coming soon:

http://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/268802972497100800

Heat
Old 11-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #1560
Aikouka
Lifer

Quote:
Randy Pitchford says news regarding the new DLC is coming soon:

http://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/268802972497100800
Someone wants a level cap raise!? I'm still only level 48!
Aikouka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #1561
Aikouka
Lifer

It looks like they're announcing the DLC today. I'm seeing some tweets come across the Mechromancer Twitter account about it being "hacked by Mr. Torgue" and him asking if we're Badass enough for Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #1562
The_Golden_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikouka View Post
It looks like they're announcing the DLC today. I'm seeing some tweets come across the Mechromancer Twitter account about it being "hacked by Mr. Torgue" and him asking if we're Badass enough for Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.
Looking forward to this! I'm ready with my Gunzerker Level 50 PT 2.5
Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #1563
WiseUp216
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Golden_Man View Post
Looking forward to this! I'm ready with my Gunzerker Level 50 PT 2.5

You're not kidding. My commando would be something like a level 80 by now if there was no cap.

Heat
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #1564
Skel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Duping I understand because most people don't have hours upon hours to get the legendary drops. I've received dupes and given them a few times.

But wouldn't using other hacks totally take the fun out of a co-op game? The best parts of this game (for me) are when you legitmately beat a tough boss like Hyperious or Master Gee.
Couldn't you turn them off, or am I not understanding what you're talking about??

Personally those bosses are one of the few things I dislike about the game. I don't like anything that forces you to play co-op.. or online at all. If you have a single player game it should be completely beatable with just a single player. The multi-player should only be optional, and not something you need to do.

Xbox tag: Skel Re
Skel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #1565
frozentundra123456
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skel View Post
Couldn't you turn them off, or am I not understanding what you're talking about??

Personally those bosses are one of the few things I dislike about the game. I don't like anything that forces you to play co-op.. or online at all. If you have a single player game it should be completely beatable with just a single player. The multi-player should only be optional, and not something you need to do.
I agree, although I am about halfway through TVH mode totally solo. But I must say the game is really tough with my siren, even though I am technically overlevelled. I also dont like that some of the skill trees force you to put points into multiplayer focused skills to get to single player skills that you want. I just fought Wilhelm, and it sure would have been nice to have a partner so one could focus on taking out the repair drones and someone else on taking down Wilhelm. Sure would be nice to get an orange drop a bit more often too. Unless I get some better equipment I dont know if I am going to be able to finish on TVH mode.
frozentundra123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #1566
Bill Brasky
Diamond Member

Well you guys are way ahead of me. I just started True vault hunter mode, and I didn't do hardly any of the side quests in the first play through. At least I've got plenty of content left. I'm loving this game by the way. I got my first 14k launcher yesterday, and I was tickled pink!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #1567
Aikouka
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozentundra123456 View Post
I agree, although I am about halfway through TVH mode totally solo. But I must say the game is really tough with my siren, even though I am technically overlevelled.
Just imagine how much fun it has been for me being under-leveled through a lot of the content.

Quote:
I also dont like that some of the skill trees force you to put points into multiplayer focused skills to get to single player skills that you want.
What I dislike is how some of the skills are just too niche. For example, Maya has a skill that adds fire damage to her shots but only during Fight for Your Life. That might come in handy, but you hopefully don't fall into Fight for Your Life to begin with. Personally, I would prefer to see it provide a smaller bonus all the time and a larger bonus during fight for your life. Something like +2% Fire Damage / +8% Additional Fire Damage during Fight for Your Life (per point). This would provide the same bonus while in Fight for Your Life, but make it slightly useful elsewhere.

Quote:
I just fought Wilhelm, and it sure would have been nice to have a partner so one could focus on taking out the repair drones and someone else on taking down Wilhelm.
They did just buff Wilhelm, which I think was necessary. When I fought him with Gaige, he was a joke, and he actually ran away from me. I killed his Surveyors right off the bat before he even reached me. Wilhelm is a pretty crappy boss anyway; in my experience, his abilities are too focused on melee.

Quote:
Sure would be nice to get an orange drop a bit more often too. Unless I get some better equipment I dont know if I am going to be able to finish on TVH mode.
I've found a lot of decent equipment, or I've used a few golden keys every 5-or-so levels. I had over 40 of them, so it helped to have a slight boost in good gear. Keep in mind that one nice benefit of actually playing the content at the right level is the gear is actually your level... it's just really difficult to kill the enemies to get it. I think half of my current weapons were things that I found and the other half were from the chest. The rocket launcher that I mention below was one that I found in a chest.

Oh, and when you get there... consider farming Opportunity. I'm pretty certain that it has the most chests out of any zone. I think there are two of them that you can get without even fighting enemies; however, you do need to be a bit careful with them. The one is the horizontal red chest near where the Super Badass Constructor spawns. The trigger for his spawn is in a weird spot, so you can grab it and leave with ease. There's also one on a ledge near the Hyperion Info center, which is right by the prior chest. It's possible to reach that without spawning the enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
I got my first 14k launcher yesterday, and I was tickled pink!
I didn't care much for Rocket Launchers until I found this Torgue one. What makes it different is that it has the uses less ammo attribute, which will make it sometimes not consume ammo. The biggest problem with rocket launchers is that your max ammo capacity is just so small, and ammo is so rare compared to other types. That attribute makes it much more bearable, and it has a 7-round magazine size (with my talent reducing it). If I'm fighting something like a Super Badass Loader, I might slag it, and run at it just unloading a ton of rockets. Its health just drops like a rock!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #1568
Bill Brasky
Diamond Member

Quote:
I didn't care much for Rocket Launchers until I found this Torgue one. What makes it different is that it has the uses less ammo attribute, which will make it sometimes not consume ammo. The biggest problem with rocket launchers is that your max ammo capacity is just so small, and ammo is so rare compared to other types. That attribute makes it much more bearable, and it has a 7-round magazine size (with my talent reducing it). If I'm fighting something like a Super Badass Loader, I might slag it, and run at it just unloading a ton of rockets. Its health just drops like a rock!
I agree about the ammo part. One of the class mods I found gives 50% more launcher ammo. I think I have a capacity of 35 rockets. The isn't worth it though compared to the other health+, health regen mods.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #1569
DaveSimmons
Elite Member

I'm playing TVH on-level solo with Gaige. I mostly only die when I stand and fight instead of running away screaming when my shield gets popped

I was at using a golden key before A Dam Fine Rescue and getting a rocket launcher, but it was a 45K damage one, and together with a transfusion slag grenade mod and DeathTrap made short work of Warden.
DaveSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #1570
Aikouka
Lifer

Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is set to come out this coming Tuesday (11/20).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
I agree about the ammo part. One of the class mods I found gives 50% more launcher ammo. I think I have a capacity of 35 rockets. The isn't worth it though compared to the other health+, health regen mods.
It can also get rather obnoxious when the launcher has a small magazine (I'm looking at you two rocket magazines! ) and a looooong reload time. I'd rather use a Torgue Assault Rifle.

As for my Relic, I still use the Moxxi +experience relic (+5.9%).

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimmons View Post
I'm playing TVH on-level solo with Gaige. I mostly only die when I stand and fight instead of running away screaming when my shield gets popped
I can't really run away fast enough when I get two shot by most things when I'm at their level. You're also not using an Anarchy build, which means that you can stay back and fire from a distance. At 300 Anarchy, my "distance" is within spitting range!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #1571
DaveSimmons
Elite Member

Quote:
I can't really run away fast enough when I get two shot by most things when I'm at their level. You're also not using an Anarchy build, which means that you can stay back and fire from a distance. At 300 Anarchy, my "distance" is within spitting range!
Yep, I just can't make myself give up sniper rifles and scoped pistols and SMGs.

I did respec out of the pure elemental tree before the end of PT1, since I'd read that the Warrior was immune to all of my shock and bonuses.

I'm now mixed between the first part of elemental (buff to elemental chance and shields) and concentrating on the BFF tree, except I skipped the ricochet skill to make things harder.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #1572
Aikouka
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimmons View Post
Yep, I just can't make myself give up sniper rifles and scoped pistols and SMGs.
I actually still use those quite a bit with Anarchy -- well, not so much the sniper rifle. Essentially, with Anarchy, you want as high of an accuracy as you can start with to at least avoid missing all the time. The ricochet talent in the BFF tree can help mitigate that, but in my experience, you want to try to miss less anyway. Oh, and the ricochet talent doesn't do anything if you're outside and shooting at the sky.

I have this nice Vladof fully automatic pistol that I just retired. It's a level 42 with ~3100 damage, 9 Fire Rate, 32 round magazine and a sub-2 second reload time (I think it's around 1.7). It chews up ammo like you wouldn't believe, but it can really put the hurtin' on a baddie! I think I replaced it with a SMG that has slightly higher damage but a slightly longer reload time (I think 1.9).
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #1573
Aikouka
Lifer

Speaking of the Golden Chest, here's a new key:

CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #1574
DaveSimmons
Elite Member

Quote:
Speaking of the Golden Chest, here's a new key:

CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB
Thanks! So far the loot drops from playing TVH solo haven't been great, though I did get an e-tech corrosive AR from the chest at the end of Dam Fine Rescue last night.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #1575
Aikouka
Lifer

Hmm I hope it's not a Bandit Corrosive Assault Rifle? I have a rather sweet Incendiary one that I use, which has a decent reload time, but Bandit weapons always have awful reloads -- that includes the fact that ARs aren't known for their wonderful reload times.

Oh, and I watched a video on IGN about the new DLC. I'm a little worried that it might not be as good since it seems that it focuses around an arena event, but not nearly as much as Mad Moxxi's Underdome did in Borderlands 1.

They aren't increasing the level cap this time around; however, they did say that they will eventually do it. They did make the caveat that it won't simply be a number increase but there will be more. If I had to guess, they will probably be reworking the talent trees. I hounded them over this prior to the release of Borderlands 2 (during live streams), and the devs seemed open to the idea and conveyed that they also noticed how talent choice became less important as you could get so many of the available talents with the extra 19 points.