· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #51
monovillage
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farang View Post
Ok then what is being covered up?
If you're too fucking stupid to google it up then I sure as shit am not going to waste my time typing it out for you.
monovillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #52
HomerJS
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monovillage View Post
What did Obama know about this clusterfuck of National Security and when did he know it?
Obviously more important the the actual putting of national security at risk getting a piece.

Your real name Steve Douchy??
HomerJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #53
monovillage
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJS View Post
Obviously more important the the actual putting of national security at risk getting a piece.

Your real name Steve Douchy??
Sorry, you're the Douche around here Homer.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #54
randomrogue
Diamond Member

Does anyone actually give a shit about this? I still don't understand why he even had to step down.
randomrogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #55
Ausm
Lifer

Quote:
What did Obama know about this clusterfuck of National Security and when did he know it?
Turn on Faux noise, I'm sure they have the timeline all laid out.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #56
Perknose
Forum Director &
Omnipotent Overlord

Yeah, all about Benghazi, riiiiiiiiight!

Quote:
Indeed, Mr. Petraeus and his wife grew so close to the Kelleys that they hosted the couple and Ms. Kelley’s twin sister, Natalie Khawam, for Christmas dinner last year. Both General Allen and Mr. Petraeus also wrote letters to a District of Columbia court vouching for Ms. Khawam in a child custody dispute.

That kind of closeness — and the Kelleys’ fancy parties — strike some military people as odd.

“I have never known there to be groupies around generals,” said Jacey Eckhart, the military spouse editor of the Web site military.com. “But just like in every other field of endeavor, there is a certain excitement around people that have great power. And generals, like captains of industry and certain kinds of celebrities, wield a certain kind of power.”
Quote:
Even as news of Ms. Kelley’s connection to the emerging Petraeus scandal began spreading Sunday evening, the deputy commander of the Central Command, Vice Adm. Robert S. Harward, was attending a party at her bayside home.

-- Paul Tillich

To truly listen is to risk being changed forever.

-- Sa' k' ej Henderson
Perknose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #57
monovillage
Diamond Member

Quote:
In October, Paula Broadwell, the woman at the center of the David Petraeus adultery case, spoke publicly about events surrounding the Benghazi attack that appeared to go beyond what was in the public record at the time.

Broadwell, co-author of a biography about Petraeus, was speaking at the University of Denver Oct. 26 and responded to questions about the attack on the U.S. Consulate that led to the death of four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya.

"Now I don't know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually -- had taken a couple of Libyan militia members prisoner and they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that's still being vetted," she said.
Of course having Petraeus resign several days after the election and several days before he is questioned under oath is just a coincidence and those sucking appendage noises are unbiased observers. Am I right?

or

Quote:
I’m not annoyed that the Obama administration is lying to us about Benghazi, David Petraeus and the rest of this messy, farcical story.

I’m annoyed that they expect us to believe them.

When a woman discovers her husband in bed undressed, she can accept his claim to be feeling under the weather. But when he asks her to believe the unfamiliar earrings on his pillow were from his mother . . .

This is the position President Obama has put us in. I’d like to believe that our president would never lie to us about a terrorist attack that killed four Americans, including an ambassador. I’d like to believe that our president is above politically manipulating the resignation of a CIA chief and successful general.

I’d like — no, I’d love — to believe it all. Unfortunately I can’t. Can you?

You know the outline of this already unbelievable story. Petraeus has an affair with the unfortunately named Mrs. Broadwell (apparently “Felicity Shagwell” is copyrighted by Austin Powers) in 2011. His girlfriend’s threatening emails to a third woman lead to an FBI investigation that uncovers the tawdry story last summer.

But can you believe the FBI (under Attorney General Eric Holder) would be investigating the most important spy in the country and nobody in the White House knew?
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opi..._believe_this/

Last edited by monovillage; 11-14-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #58
OBLAMA2009
Diamond Member

petraeus was screwing chicks, exposing intelligence, attempting to misused his position to influence a court case, and was friendly with low lifes like the kelleys--its pretty fair to say hes a lowlife himself
OBLAMA2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #59
monovillage
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLAMA2009 View Post
petraeus was screwing chicks, exposing intelligence, attempting to misused his position to influence a court case, and was friendly with low lifes like the kelleys--its pretty fair to say hes a lowlife himself
Of course he was, that's why he was a member of Obama's administration.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #60
GarfieldtheCat
Diamond Member

Quote:
Of course he was, that's why he was a member of Obama's administration.
LOL, given that the GOP loved him and at various times wanted him to run for President. But hey, mono has never let facts get in the way of a good lie.
GarfieldtheCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #61
Doc Savage Fan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldtheCat View Post
LOL, given that the GOP loved him and at various times wanted him to run for President. But hey, mono has never let facts get in the way of a good lie.
On a similar note...wasn't it the Democrats that initially labeled him "General Betray-Us"?

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms—it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man."
- Albert Einstein
Doc Savage Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #62
HomerJS
Diamond Member

Quote:
Sorry, you're the Douche around here Homer.
You should be proud being a member of the CEC since their record is so stellar!!
HomerJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #63
Fern
Elite Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farang View Post
Shit just got real: http://news.yahoo.com/top-u-commande...060446701.html

It is seeming like Jill Kelley, who initially was just 'caught up in the middle' of this and inadvertently exposed the affair, may now be involved herself. Given how this has progressed it seems reasonable to speculate this goes beyond infidelity.
I agree.

And I find Paula Broadwell's father's remark quite interesting. He told the press that “This is about something else entirely, and the truth will come out” and “There is a lot more that is going to come out,” said Krantz, claiming he was not allowed to elaborate. “You wait and see. There’s a lot more here than meets the eye.”

Fern
Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #64
werepossum
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
It struck me as bizarre that despite the fact that Kelley was being portrayed as a mere innocent bystander, she had hired Abbe Lowell (a high-powered, high-profile criminal defense attorney who has represented, among others, Bill Clinton, Gary Condit and John Edwards). I expect this story will become even weirder as we learn more.

IMO the people calling this story a witch hunt about a personal matter are misguided. It is simply untenable to have a four-star general, much less the Director of Central Intelligence, carrying on in a manner which makes him readily susceptible to blackmail. The fact that it appears that either Petraeus or Allen or both may have permitted access to compartmentalized, classified information also makes this far worse.
This.

We can't afford our military anyway, and the CIA is laughably incompetent except for the folks who fire missiles from drones (occasionally even at the right people) so fire the lot and let's get the hell out of the Middle East, Africa and Europe. None of those people really want us there anyway, so let's give up this fiction about being a superpower and stop trying to be the world's policeman. In the next world war we can do a Roosevelt-style ramp-up and save the day, and people will like us again. Or if we've no industrial capacity left we can pull a Brazil and contribute one poorly equipped brigade to fight a token battle or two and call it a day. Nobody hates Brazil. Nobody burns Brazilian flags or chants "Death to Brazil." We could do worse.
guys go ahead and keep on using 25% of the world's energy - Barack Hussein Obama
werepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #65
OBLAMA2009
Diamond Member

i dont even feel sorry for those guys in beghazi. they went to a foreign country where they dont belong to kill people and they got killed instead.
OBLAMA2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #66
Hugo Drax
Diamond Member

CIA = Clitoris Inspection Agency. He was doing his job.
Hugo Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #67
EagleKeeper
Discussion Club Moderator
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLAMA2009 View Post
i dont even feel sorry for those guys in beghazi. they went to a foreign country where they dont belong to kill people and they got killed instead.
Some one does not understand what a government diplomat is.