Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Software > PC Gaming

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals
· Free Stuff
· Contests and Sweepstakes
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #51
Ashenor
Golden Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,227
Default

Played for a bit this morning, looked and played great at 2560x1440 ress.

Had fun, look forward to getting home tonight and playing some more.
Ashenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #52
de8212
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,985
Default

I never got around to per ordering and I'm home today with a sick kid. So, for any that got it I'm curious how the single player is? And if you can compare the SP to Medal of Honor: Warfighter then that would be great.
__________________
2500k @ 4.5GHz, Hyper 212+, ASRock Extreme 4, XFX 6950 2GB, Crucial 128GB SSD, Raptor 150X, 2 x 4GB G. Skill DDR3 1600, Antec P182, Corsair HX620, Win 7 x64.
de8212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #53
dpodblood
Diamond Member
 
dpodblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
I never got around to per ordering and I'm home today with a sick kid. So, for any that got it I'm curious how the single player is? And if you can compare the SP to Medal of Honor: Warfighter then that would be great.
I would suggest you check out some of the reviews. It appears they have finally done some new things with the series. There are branching paths, decisions, multiple endings, and even an RTS style mini game. This is in stark contrast to MOH which appears to be nothing more than an heavily scripted corridor shooter, and not a very good one at that.
dpodblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #54
Ashenor
Golden Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
I never got around to per ordering and I'm home today with a sick kid. So, for any that got it I'm curious how the single player is? And if you can compare the SP to Medal of Honor: Warfighter then that would be great.
Only played for about a hour this morning and went right to multiplayer.
Ashenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #55
moonbogg
Diamond Member
 
moonbogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default

I think i'm going to be sick. Never has a gaming franchise been so dead for so long (to real gamers) as the cOd series. No improvements. This is terrible for PC gaming.
__________________
3930K @ 4.3 - 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 - 2X GTX 670 SLI(2GB) - SAMSUNG 830 SSD - 1920X1080 @ 120HZ - WINDOWS 8.1
moonbogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #56
dpodblood
Diamond Member
 
dpodblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbogg View Post
I think i'm going to be sick. Never has a gaming franchise been so dead for so long (to real gamers) as the cOd series. No improvements. This is terrible for PC gaming.
Have you even looked into the changes they have put into this installment? I'm not a COD fanboy by any means, but at least Treyarch are finally taking some risks with the series. And a separate PC dev team. At least their putting in effort.
dpodblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #57
moonbogg
Diamond Member
 
moonbogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpodblood View Post
Have you even looked into the changes they have put into this installment? I'm not a COD fanboy by any means, but at least Treyarch are finally taking some risks with the series. And a separate PC dev team. At least their putting in effort.
Thats like looking in the toilet over and over again to find a different shaped turd.
__________________
3930K @ 4.3 - 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 - 2X GTX 670 SLI(2GB) - SAMSUNG 830 SSD - 1920X1080 @ 120HZ - WINDOWS 8.1
moonbogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #58
2is
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,467
Default

I like it, I think it's great for PC gaming.
2is is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #59
Arkaign
Lifer
 
Arkaign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 19,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2is View Post
I like it, I think it's great for PC gaming.
Hmm. I suppose it's amazing that they bother at all with PC considering the sales of the series on console. If they put any effort at all into PC, they could have a much better looking product though. Perhaps they think it might cannibalize their console sales if people noticed how much better a properly written PC game looks. Regardless, if the gameplay is there, graphics aren't the end of the world anyway, I can name a ton more games with excellent graphics (for their times), which are poor to average in gameplay, than games, even rehashed to death, that have good to excellent gameplay, but average graphics.

If you like it, more power to ya!

I do hope though, that this is the final installment before they totally revamp it from the ground up on something as good/better than Frostbite 2. MOHW looks like a next-gen game, Blops 2 still looks basically like a 2006 Xbox game. Looks ain't everything, but it's almost 2013, lets go guys!
__________________
Death is the answer.
Arkaign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #60
2is
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,467
Default

They're still making a ton of profit on the PC side, even if its not as much as on consoles.
__________________
Intel i7 3770K|240GB Intel SSD 520|Asus P8Z77-V Pro|2x GTX 680 SLI (2GB)|180GB Corsair Force SSD|Corsair TX750|2x8GB DDR3 1600 (1.35v)
2is is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #61
bigrash
Lifer
 
bigrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Flushing, NY
Posts: 17,422
Default

Can't wait to pick it up for the PC. Loved the 1st Black Ops.
bigrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #62
de8212
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpodblood View Post
I would suggest you check out some of the reviews.
I haven't seen any yet but maybe I don't know where to look. I'd still like a fair comparison on BO2 vs warfighter.
__________________
2500k @ 4.5GHz, Hyper 212+, ASRock Extreme 4, XFX 6950 2GB, Crucial 128GB SSD, Raptor 150X, 2 x 4GB G. Skill DDR3 1600, Antec P182, Corsair HX620, Win 7 x64.
de8212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #63
dpodblood
Diamond Member
 
dpodblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
I haven't seen any yet but maybe I don't know where to look. I'd still like a fair comparison on BO2 vs warfighter.
Just go to gametrailers.com and watch the reviews for MOH:WF then the review for BLOPS2. What you find there is pretty similar to what you will be finding across all review sites. Customer reception appears to be about the same as the critical reception.
dpodblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #64
de8212
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpodblood View Post
Just go to gametrailers.com and watch the reviews for MOH:WF then the review for BLOPS2. What you find there is pretty similar to what you will be finding across all review sites. Customer reception appears to be about the same as the critical reception.
Thanks
__________________
2500k @ 4.5GHz, Hyper 212+, ASRock Extreme 4, XFX 6950 2GB, Crucial 128GB SSD, Raptor 150X, 2 x 4GB G. Skill DDR3 1600, Antec P182, Corsair HX620, Win 7 x64.
de8212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #65
blackened23
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbogg View Post
I think i'm going to be sick. Never has a gaming franchise been so dead for so long (to real gamers) as the cOd series. No improvements. This is terrible for PC gaming.
Black Ops 2 is surprisingly good, this is from someone who hated MW2/MW3.

It is, however, popular to have an irrational hatred towards the MW franchise; haters gonna hate I guess.
blackened23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #66
Ashenor
Golden Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,227
Default

I actually prefer the graphics Black Ops 2, the map sizes, and how it plays to BF3. Call me crazy i guess.
Ashenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #67
Regs
Lifer
 
Regs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 16,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenor View Post
I actually prefer the graphics Black Ops 2, the map sizes, and how it plays to BF3** Call me crazy i guess**
BF3 is a completely different game. Well, I don't know anymore to be honest. BF3 was just boring as hell to me and actually preferred Bad Company II** Nothing gratifying than spending an hour on a crap squad who camps 10 clicks away from all the action, only to take the effort myself in running to the capture point just to get hosed by camper snipers and a guy who does nothing but sit and wait for his next tank to spawn**

Sure, MW could be unrealistic, brutally unfair, plagued with aimbots or pussy's who cry wolf, but shit, it's still fun**
__________________
Edit: I Always edit my messages"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down."
Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Regs; 11-13-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Regs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #68
Ashenor
Golden Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,227
Default

That was my problem with Bf3, i would play by myself but could never find anyone** Then suddenly someone is crashing a helicopper into me or something**

I prefer twitch gaming**
Ashenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #69
2is
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,467
Default

Am I the only one seeing a bunch of sensored words in peoples posts that aren't suppose to be sensored??? Is there something wrong with the forum or did I accidently change a setting in my profile?
__________________
Intel i7 3770K|240GB Intel SSD 520|Asus P8Z77-V Pro|2x GTX 680 SLI (2GB)|180GB Corsair Force SSD|Corsair TX750|2x8GB DDR3 1600 (1.35v)
2is is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #70
BlueWeasel
Lifer
 
BlueWeasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Tupelo
Posts: 15,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2is View Post
Am I the only one seeing a bunch of sensored words in peoples posts that aren't suppose to be sensored??? Is there something wrong with the forum or did I accidently change a setting in my profile?
Same here**
__________________
Desktop:: 2500K@4.6Ghz/ 7950/16GB RAM/CM690/120GB SSD/3.0TB Storage/Win8.1
Laptop:: Macbook Air (2012)/128GB SSD/8GB RAM
Heatware 156-0-0
BlueWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #71
dpodblood
Diamond Member
 
dpodblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2is View Post
Am I the only one seeing a bunch of sensored words in peoples posts that aren't suppose to be sensored??? Is there something wrong with the forum or did I accidently change a setting in my profile?
Nope it's not just you, and it's really *** **** ******* annoying! Thought it was a browser issue** Switched to chrome** Same issue**

Just noticed its replacing all periods with two asterisks and the word c_o_m with asterisks as well**

Last edited by dpodblood; 11-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.
dpodblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #72
de8212
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,985
Default

Well, I managed to go out and grab a copy of Black Ops 2** Not sure what's going on but I am trying to install it and it still says "Copying existing content into Steam" and the progress bar under that show no activity** It's been like that for ~10 minutes**

BTW, the employee at Gamestop was a ***plete jerk** When I asked about the game and also if they had a section on the floor for PC games** He said "We keep them in the back, Gamestop isn't into PC games" with an attitude**
Now, I know console gaming is superior to PC gaming as far as revenue but the guy was a douche**
__________________
2500k @ 4.5GHz, Hyper 212+, ASRock Extreme 4, XFX 6950 2GB, Crucial 128GB SSD, Raptor 150X, 2 x 4GB G. Skill DDR3 1600, Antec P182, Corsair HX620, Win 7 x64.
de8212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #73
Ashenor
Golden Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,227
Default

Gah was driving me crazy, thought it was my works firewall doing something!
Ashenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #74
dpodblood
Diamond Member
 
dpodblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Halifax, Canada
Posts: 3,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Well, I managed to go out and grab a copy of Black Ops 2** Not sure what's going on but I am trying to install it and it still says "Copying existing content into Steam" and the progress bar under that show no activity** It's been like that for ~10 minutes**

BTW, the employee at Gamestop was a ***plete jerk** When I asked about the game and also if they had a section on the floor for PC games** He said "We keep them in the back, Gamestop isn't into PC games" with an attitude**
Now, I know console gaming is superior to PC gaming as far as revenue but the guy was a douche**
I stopped going to Gamestop (EB in Canada) quite a while ago** I rarely if ever had a good experience with their employees** I swear they train them purposely to be douches** Why didn't you just buy the game on Steam? I know you don't get the physical disk, but the game is Steamworks anyway** It's not like you can re-sell it**
dpodblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #75
de8212
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpodblood View Post
I stopped going to Gamestop (EB in Canada) quite a while ago** I rarely if ever had a good experience with their employees** I swear they train them purposely to be douches** Why didn't you just buy the game on Steam? I know you don't get the physical disk, but the game is Steamworks anyway** It's not like you can re-sell it**
I guess I just like having the disc**

Oh, and not that I'd ever resell it (I still have all my old COD games) but I wasn't aware that I can't resell them??

Either way, I can't get the darn thing to install so I'm pretty screwed either way!!!!!!!
__________________
2500k @ 4.5GHz, Hyper 212+, ASRock Extreme 4, XFX 6950 2GB, Crucial 128GB SSD, Raptor 150X, 2 x 4GB G. Skill DDR3 1600, Antec P182, Corsair HX620, Win 7 x64.
de8212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.