Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Hardware and Technology > Memory and Storage

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals
· Free Stuff
· Contests and Sweepstakes
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #26
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

install windows 7
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #27
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

i will try to install thru usb stick cause that seems to give better results
but can u tell me wich driver to slipstream?
my mother board is gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4 ver1
and this is the selection of drivers


bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #28
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

i checked at ide driver wich one the ide is using
and it said intel 5 series /3400 series

so i slipstreamed the intel 5 series/3400 series ahci driver into windows xp 64
but when i use this slipstreamed disk
at setup windows don't find any hard disk

any help plz?
i would like this windows on my ssd , i don't need all the services windows 7 provides wich lowers my fps in games in the end
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3239#sp
It doesn't seem to say what southbridge it uses so I don't know which you should install.

if you use windows 7 you don't NEED to slipstream any drivers. All the drivers you need are built in.
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #30
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

ive tryed windows 7 but that stutters in games
even tho i have high end hardware
it's like windows 7 isn't designed for games
and i have tryed windows 8 aswel wich is faster then windows 7
and with this http://softwareguidesandtutorials.blogspot.be/
same invoirement as windows 7
in windows xp i get double fps
i would like to know what driver i have to slipstream
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #31
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramke View Post
ive tryed windows 7 but that stutters in games
Win7 doesn't stutter in games. Heck its faster then winXP (which is faster then vista).
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #32
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
Win7 doesn't stutter in games. Heck its faster then winXP (which is faster then vista).
its not read some forums win xp is still fastest fps gamer with dx9

its just unable to play new games because microsoft wants us to use windows 7
probaly because they can hack it easyier !

i do know some ppl claim the opposite with benchmark
where there are other sites that ppl claim with benchmark tests xp is faster , idk what they did they probaly didnt install there motherboard drivers etc because thats so not treu if u just play one time a game on my system with xp u feel the difference instantly !!!

Last edited by bramke; 11-14-2012 at 09:52 PM.
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #33
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramke View Post
its not read some forums win xp is still fastest fps gamer with dx9

its just unable to play new games because microsoft wants us to use windows 7
probaly because they can hack it easyier !

i do know some ppl claim the opposite with benchmark
where there are other sites that ppl claim with benchmark tests xp is faster , idk what they did they probaly didnt install there motherboard drivers etc because thats so not treu if u just play one time a game on my system with xp u feel the difference instantly !!!
Read forums? I read professional reviews where benchmarks were given to PROVE that win7 is faster. And yes, even in DX9...
Also, DX9 is no longer relevant. DX9 era games do not have the demanding graphics of modern DX10 and 11 games. Which, btw, look a LOT better than DX9.
Also with a modern video card DX9 games have their FPS limited by your monitor. Its DX10+ games which are demanding enough for FPS to matter.
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:27 AM   #34
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
Read forums? I read professional reviews where benchmarks were given to PROVE that win7 is faster. And yes, even in DX9...
Also, DX9 is no longer relevant. DX9 era games do not have the demanding graphics of modern DX10 and 11 games. Which, btw, look a LOT better than DX9.
Also with a modern video card DX9 games have their FPS limited by your monitor. Its DX10+ games which are demanding enough for FPS to matter.
dude i don't want to insult u , but u live in a lie

http://www.overclock.net/t/1292746/w...ng-performance

and this is just one forum that states xp is better
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #35
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramke View Post
dude i don't want to insult u , but u live in a lie

http://www.overclock.net/t/1292746/w...ng-performance

and this is just one forum that states xp is better
no, thats one TEST, there is a difference.

The vast majority of tests favor win7 over XP. the fact that you can find singular tests does not change that fact.

Furthermore, the quality of this particular test is unknown. I have no idea who "tahayassen" and what he knows about proper testing.

The size of the discrepancy suggests that he was doing something wrong.
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #36
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

btw i solved my ahci driver problem , i tryed all of them of the gigabyte website none worked

i contacted a friend whos russian and own a pc shop where i live

i went to him and he made me a version of windows xp 64 with all possible sata /ahci drivers included
and that disk works


btw about windows 7 vs windows xp i don't speak about benchmark sites who do prove windows xp has more fps in games
i speak about own expierence
if you havent tryed windows xp on your system i suggest u remain silent because u have no idea what u talking about !!
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #37
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramke View Post
btw about windows 7 vs windows xp i don't speak about benchmark sites who do prove windows xp has more fps in games
i speak about own expierence
if you havent tryed windows xp on your system i suggest u remain silent because u have no idea what u talking about !!
1. Benchmarks > Placebo
2. Of course I tried it myself. Windows 7 is faster.
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #38
Old Hippie
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,361
Default

Quote:
man everyone is out to get me on this forum,,,, sh*T.l
I wonder why that is.....don't you?
__________________
Rick
You Get What You Pay For!
Old Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #39
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
1. Benchmarks > Placebo
2. Of course I tried it myself. Windows 7 is faster.

..have u tryed xp x64 on your current hardware , and played any fps games?
with settings in your grafic card all on performance?

btw i don't think u read what i say???!

xp is also faster in benchmarks

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...ming/page3.asp

can u give me one site where it says windows 7 has better benchmark then xp?

Last edited by bramke; 11-15-2012 at 05:47 PM.
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #40
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramke View Post
..have u tryed xp x64 on your current hardware , and played any fps games?
with settings in your grafic card all on performance?
XP x64 is actually windows server 2003, stripped down of some unnecessary features and given a fresh coat of paint. I had used it for several years (I tested vista but chose to stay with XP x64 until win7). XPx64 is very different than XP 32bit and came out quite some time later.
I had used both XPs for a long time.

I have not test them with my CURRENT hardware because I upgrade my hardware every few months and I switched to Win7 (after testing) quite some time ago (win7 is 3 years old!...).
I did compare them with hardware I have had before. I hightly doubt that the figures I got with my C2Q are no longer applicable for my i7. Expecially since IIRC you are still using a Core2 yourself.

Quote:
btw i don't think u read what i say???!

xp is also faster in benchmarks
I do read what you say, I just think you are wrong. Repeating yourself wouldn't change my opinion, giving me benchmarks would. (and please, something more reliable then "some guy in a forum" testing a single game)
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.

Last edited by taltamir; 11-16-2012 at 01:25 PM.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #41
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
XP x64 is actually windows server 2003, stripped down of some unnecessary features and given a fresh coat of paint. I had used it for several years (I tested vista but chose to stay with XP x64 until win7). XPx64 is very different than XP 32bit and came out quite some time later.
I had used both XPs for a long time.

I have not test them with my CURRENT hardware because I upgrade my hardware every few months and I switched to Win7 (after testing) quite some time ago (win7 is 3 years old!...).
I did compare them with hardware I have had before. I hightly doubt that the figures I got with my C2Q are no longer applicable for my i7. Expecially since IIRC you are still using a Core2 yourself.


I do read what you say, I just think you are wrong. Repeating yourself wouldn't change my opinion, giving me benchmarks would. (and please, something more reliable then "some guy in a forum" testing a single game)
plz click below on the (forum)and click next its not 1 game he test it's different games he test
i can give u plenty other sites
just type in google windows 7 vs windows xp gaming

i happen to play several games including newly released natural selection 2
just read there forum there are tons of ppl having stuttering in this game
check in google , stuttering in natural selection 2
they all have i5 or i7 proccecors
and cards like me ati hd5870
it's windows 7 causing the troubles and maybe directx
i switched windows and i don't have it anymore + i have 170 fps
i'm gonna make a video soon on youtube of it then ppl gonna believe me and probaly gonna switch
windows xp is still master of NEW games
i'm keeping dx9 for the time it's possible
there is a dx10 version for windows xp but i don't use this version
dude i would be happy if windows 7 was better but it isn't
i realy would be happy because i realize there will come an end to windows xp
and windows 8 is pretty fun with the plug and play options
unless some hackers take over the updates for windows xp that would be a dream
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #42
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramke View Post
i can give u plenty other sites
And yet I have asked you to do so for the last 5 posts and every time you have not done so.

Quote:
just type in google windows 7 vs windows xp gaming
I am very patient man but my patience is not infinite. You have been patronizing me for the last 10 posts because I disagree with your unfounded claim that goes against every professional benchmark I saw.

Stop doing that and start discussing things in a civil manner or I am just going to put you on ignore.

And please dear god stop butchering the english language. Is typing out "you" instead of "u" really so hard?
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #43
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
And yet I have asked you to do so for the last 5 posts and every time you have not done so.


I am very patient man but my patience is not infinite. You have been patronizing me for the last 10 posts because I disagree with your unfounded claim that goes against every professional benchmark I saw.

Stop doing that and start discussing things in a civil manner or I am just going to put you on ignore.

And please dear god stop butchering the english language. Is typing out "you" instead of "u" really so hard?

it seems to me YOUR just here to troll
ive shown you 2 sites already you shown me shit
i think you already realize u have no legg to stand on you may ignore me idiot

idiots who are so full of theirself in their own lies i can't learn anything from
gl on stutter world nooooob!

that i have to hear from someone by the look of his name isn't native american or englischman !
always the same with certain person

just out of boredom

http://benchmark3d.com/black-ops-win...s-xp-benchmark

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/10...-or-windows-7/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1608036

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/inde...-xp-and-vista/

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2355703,00.asp

http://blog.testfreaks.com/informati...vs-vista-vs-7/ << good site

http://tweakers.net/reviews/1236/3/p...bench-r10.html

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1813796

http://www.sevenforums.com/performan...ed-win-xp.html

http://www.sk-gaming.com/forum/2-Cou...indows_XP_vs_7

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...ance/page3.asp

http://benchmark3d.com/stcc-the-game...ws-7-benchmark

http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...5167?artc_pg=4

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Win...-OS,14611.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkzpUIFvd0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-lh...eature=related

Last edited by bramke; 11-17-2012 at 05:34 AM.
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #44
taltamir
Lifer
 
taltamir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramke View Post
it seems to me YOUR just here to troll
Asking you to prove your outrageous claims is trolling? That's it, patience over.
Also, http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your

Quote:
ive shown you 2 sites already you shown me shit
You have shown me 1 forum post not 2 sites.

Quote:
idiots who are so full of theirself in their own lies i can't learn anything from gl on stutter world nooooob!
Personal attacks are forbidden on this forum.

Quote:
that i have to hear from someone by the look of his name isn't native american or englischman !
always the same with certain person
So, you can tell by my name I am NOT a native english speaker and that upsets you?
You mean you ARE a native speaker? I assumed you were not (like me)... Note I never criticized you on that (it is natural to make such errors) but on the most egregious of butchery of language. Using "U" instead of "you" is not a "mistake" someone makes due to being a non native speaker. It is a choice.

Quote:
just out of boredom
http://benchmark3d.com/black-ops-win...s-xp-benchmark
- Broken link
Did you just copy paste every result from google search assuming it will support your claim?


http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/10...-or-windows-7/
-A forum thread where a guy ASKS which is faster and it contains NO BENCHMARKS only guys telling him their opinions.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1608036
-Steam forum, a guy took a screenshot as a "benchmark", he has no clue what he is doing.

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/inde...-xp-and-vista/
-A forum post repeating info from a gamespot review. It shows win7 being faster than winXP in all 4 games tested.
Did you just copy paste every result from google search assuming it will support your claim?


http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2355703,00.asp
-Does not compare games
Did you just copy paste every result from google search assuming it will support your claim?


http://blog.testfreaks.com/informati...vs-vista-vs-7/ << good site
-Tested one single game (in 2010, so, older drivers, older hardware), in that one game 7 < Vista < XP in DX9. However as they pointed out, in that one single game performance was really high on all the OS so it doesn't matter (just like I had previously claimed, DX9 gaming is obsolete)

http://tweakers.net/reviews/1236/3/p...bench-r10.html
-Does not compare games
Did you just copy paste every result from google search assuming it will support your claim?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1813796
Another forum post. This seems to actually be a proper benchmark, shows Call of Duty: Black Ops DX9 results to be faster on XP... However, the FPS was obscenely high on all tests. Over 60 min FPS in all tests except one where it dropped a whopping 57 min FPS (average FPS was in the triple digits). As I said, with modern hardware DX9 is "fast enough" and DX10 looks a lot better

http://www.sevenforums.com/performan...ed-win-xp.html
- A guy in a forum asking "why does win7 have worse gaming performance".

http://www.sk-gaming.com/forum/2-Cou...indows_XP_vs_7
-A forum thread where a guy ASKS which is faster and it contains NO BENCHMARKS only guys telling him their opinions.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...ance/page3.asp
- Early beta tests... Quote from that review "Windows 7 is still in the early beta stages, so we urge our readers to keep this in mind when looking at the numbers. Drivers are being updated pretty frequently, so there is a lot of room left for improvement between now and when Microsoft finally releases 7 down the road"

http://benchmark3d.com/stcc-the-game...ws-7-benchmark
- Graph's have been deleted

http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...5167?artc_pg=4
-This is actually a news article with no benchmarks that extols win7 as the best gaming OS.
So once again you posted something that contradicts your point, as if you just copy pasted every link found in google and assumed it will support you.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Win...-OS,14611.html
-News article discussing OS market share saying that XP has the biggest market share (maybe at the time, Win7 surpassed it some time ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkzpUIFvd0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-lh...eature=related
- Youtube videos? really? talk about professional reviews. 11 and 15 minutes respectively that I am not spending. At a glance though the first video was supposed to show stutter (filmed the screen not a screen capture, ouch)... and got appropriately ripped in comments. And the second one according to comments has the issue of testing only 1024x768 res. (I am not going to waste 26 more minutes of my life on this. I already wasted too long on this)
__________________
How to protect your data guide
AA Naming Guide

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!
The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong.

Last edited by taltamir; 11-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.
taltamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #45
Coup27
Golden Member
 
Coup27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 1,716
Default

Total ownage.
__________________
Intel i5 4670 | Asus H87I-PLUS | Corsair XMS3 2x4GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD | WD Green 3TB HDD | Seasonic SS-360GP | Lian-Li PC-Q27B mITX | Dell 23" IPS Monitor
Coup27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #46
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

anyways , games stutter on windows 7/8
on my system
on windows xp they don't
i have 200 fps in natural selection 2 (recently released)
i think i'm one of the only one because most ppl have windows 7 !
so if your a gamer and your smart you downgrade , if not don't do it
i wont loose hours sleep because of that :-).

btw i think u might need a new os i could open all sites and all pictures

Last edited by bramke; 11-17-2012 at 07:42 PM.
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #47
bramke
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coup27 View Post
Total ownage.
idk what total ownage means for you guys lol
he said he coulnd open my pages with his "windows 7"
and then he said the sites that say xp is better are aged lol
and then he read only the comments of somebody else on what they think abt windows 7 instead of reading the benchmarks that actualy prove that windows xp is way better !

lol pwned i would say :]

http://blog.testfreaks.com/informati...vs-vista-vs-7/

another site thats maybe clearder to your specifics ! and don't come off with its an old site again ok? facts are facts and you need to face them !
bramke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #48
Coup27
Golden Member
 
Coup27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 1,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakboy
This is the answer, gosh everyone is jealous of my tweaking abilities.
If you're not a troll then I'm the Queen of Sheba.
__________________
Intel i5 4670 | Asus H87I-PLUS | Corsair XMS3 2x4GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD | WD Green 3TB HDD | Seasonic SS-360GP | Lian-Li PC-Q27B mITX | Dell 23" IPS Monitor
Coup27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.